NFL Post Week 6 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
These NFL Hot Seat Coaches don’t enjoy it but Give Them Hell Mr. Johnny Cash!
NFL Post Week 6 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
1. Rex Ryan, New York Jets – With the loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday which dropped Rex Ryan and the New York Jets record in 2014 to…
1 – 5
….the only thing in question now is the Where and When will be Rex Ryan’s firing by someone within the New York Jets organization and it doesn’t help that the Jets have a short-week and have to play a surging New England Patriots team on Thursday night that will get a thrill out of sticking a few more knives in the back of their old AFC East rivals the Jets.
With Rex Ryan claiming that Geno Smith was a “good Draft pick” we here at Coaches Hot Seat are starting to get worried and concerned for the mental stability of Rex because a few more comments like that and we will need to send Martin Sheen “upriver” to find Rex Ryan and in this case Martin Sheen once he finds Ryan should just go ahead and do the Jets a favor and fire his ass as well!
2. Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins – The Green Bay Packers had no Damn business beating the Miami Dolphins on Sunday but then there is exactly the difference between a successful and failing coach in about ANY sport isn’t it?
Successful Coaches find ways to win games they probably SHOULDN’T have won and Failed Coaches find ways to lose games they SHOULD have won.
With the loss to the Packers the Dolphins are now 2 – 3 on the season and have coming up on the schedule….
At Chicago Bears
At Jacksonville Jaguars
At Detroit Lions
…before playing the hapless New York Jets in New York on December 1 and it will be the next five football games that will decide Joe Philbin’s future because a GOOD Dolphins football team would win THREE maybe FOUR of the next FIVE games and an average Dolphins team or worse will win TWO or less.
So what kind of team do you have Joe Philbin?
Good, Average….or Worse?
3. Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons – With only an overtime win against New Orleans in Week 1 and a win over the struggling Tampa Bay Bucs in Week 3 up on the board for head coach Mike Smith and the Falcons if the Falcons are going to save the 2014 season they are going to need a win and quick and the schedule does Atlanta no favors with a trip to play….
….in Week 7.
The NFC South may not be the best of NFL divisions in 2014 so the Falcons have that going for them BUT Mike Smith’s football team cannot afford many more losses because this Atlanta team is starting to get the look of a team that cannot get a break and when a team starts to believe it can’t get a break….WATCH OUT…the players will start to give up on themselves and that is kind of thing that will….
Get A Head Coach Fired!
IF the Falcons can beat Baltimore at Baltimore on Sunday and then follow-up with wins against Detroit and Tampa Bay in their next two games they might just be rolling into the November 16 game at Carolina with a chance to take the lead in the NFC South but then….
IF Its and Buts Were Candy and Nuts!
Coach ‘em up Mike Smith!
4. Jeff Fisher, St. Louis Rams – Seriously now….is there anyone in the NFL that takes Jeff Fisher’s St. Louis Rams….
We have seen many poorly coaches NFL teams over the years BUT the Rams team that the San Francisco 49ers destroyed on Monday night is a…
DUMB NFL Football Team
….that seems to be coached by….
Now at 1 – 4 on the season the next the next SIX games on the schedule for the St. Louis Rams may very well end the long NFL coaching career of Jeff Fisher because these SIX games are no walk in the park!
At Kansas City Chiefs
At San Francisco 49ers
At Arizona Cardinals
At San Diego Chargers
Got 1 – 10 Jeff Fisher and the St. Louis Rams?
IF you play like you did against the 49ers on Monday night you will have…
1 – 10
….on the evening of November 23!
5. Gus Bradley, Jacksonville Jaguars – We here at Coaches Hot Seat are old enough to remember the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they were a new and completely hapless NFL franchise and the Jacksonville Jaguars in their…
19 th season in the NFL
…are starting to look like those early and completely hapless Tampa Bay teams from the 1970s!
With their close loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday the Jaguars are now….
0 – 6
….on the season and now face the real threat that they will NOT WIN A GAME in the 2014 NFL season and if that happens Jags head coach Gus Bradley would be fired…..right?
Up next for Gus Bradley and the Jaguars are two very Damn winnable games at home against….
….and Jacksonville will win at least one of these two games….right?
Better hope so for Gus Bradley’s coaching future that’s for Damn sure!
6. Tom Coughlin, New York Giants – Seriously now…watching the New York Giants get whipped by the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday we had to wonder…
Were ANY of the New York Giants players and coaches actually getting paid last week to do their jobs?
IF so the New York Giants players and coaches in our opinion are STEALING from their employer because that was an embarrassing performance by the Giants against the Eagles made even worse because it seemed as if the Giants players…
Didn’t Really Give A Damn
…whether they beat the Eagles or not….in our opinion of course!
Up next for the New York Giants:
At the Dallas Cowboys and we expect that again Tom Coughlin, Eli Manning, and the rest of the New York Giants will lay down and quit in Dallas like the QUITTERS that they are!
Oh, after the SURE loss against the Dallas this week Tom Coughlin and the Giants have to play…
Got 3 – 8 New York Giants?
You New York Giants QUITTERS are about to have it!
7. Lovie Smith, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – It wasn’t surprising that Lovie Smith’s Tampa Bay Bucs lost to the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday because there are very few teams in the NFL that this Bucs team can beat in 2014 barring the Bucs getting a Helluva lot better in a Helluva short time BUT if the Lovie Smith and the Bucs are going to get a few wins in 2014 it will be in the next few weeks against what is nothing less than a very favorable schedule of games against:
At Cleveland Browns
At Washington Redskins
At Chicago Bears
By our reckoning the Tampa Bay Bucs should WIN at least…
2 maybe 3 of their next 5 games
….and get Lovie Smith of the Hot Seat BUT 1 or fewer wins in their next 5 games and Lovie Smith’s rear-end will be Hot for the rest of 2014 and heading into the 2015 NFL season as well!