Sing It Johnny Cash….Sing It Our Brother!
21. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – After a nice 4 – 0 start to the season Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson is back on the Hot Seat after back-to-back losses to Ohio State and Penn State and the Hoosiers needs to get things rolling again this Saturday in a game at home against Rutgers.
Now in his FIFTH season as the head coach at Indiana Kevin Wilson has…
ZERO .500 or better seasons
ZERO postseason bowl games
….and in our opinion a .500 or better season is a MUST if Kevin Wilson wants to return to coach the Hoosiers in 2016.
Now at 4 – 2 on the season the Hoosiers have left to play…..
At Michigan State
….and we see No Damn Reason at all why Kevin Wilson and Indiana don’t win at least 2 of their last 6 games!
Coach ‘Em Up Kevin!
22. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia – West Virginia opened the season with THREE wins in out-of-conference play against teams that the Mountaineers should have beaten pretty easily BUT now that Big 12 Conference play has started WVU has lost two straight games to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and the Hot Seat is heating up under Dana Holgorsen who is now sitting on a Big 12 Conference record over the past FOUR seasons of….
16 – 20
….and that is something Crazy Boy Holgorsen MUST fix and quick starting with this Saturday’s game at Baylor…..Ooops….guess that will a Big 12 Conference record of…
16 – 21
….after this Saturday’s game at Baylor!
Oh….West Virginia plays at TCU in Week 8!
Damn…will West Virginia be….
3 – 4
…when Texas Tech comes to Morgantown on November 7.
Sure the Hell looks like it so Crazy Boy Holgorsen better start pulling off some Crazy Shit soon or couch burning will be the least of his worries in the hills of beautiful West Virginia!
23. Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State – After an opening season win over Abilene Christian Tim DeRuyter’s Fresno State Bulldogs have lost FIVE straight games including a 56 – 14 drubbing at the hands of Utah State last Saturday and now the season could really go off the rails for the Bulldogs unless Tim DeRuyter can get things turned-around in a Friday night game at home against UNLV! With a game at Air Force a week from Saturday very simply Fresno State CANNOT LOSE to UNLV and we will be fascinated to see how the Bulldogs come out and play against the Rebels focusing on if Tim DeRuyter can find a way to motivate his football team at this very challenging time!
Play like Hell Bulldogs….but then is there any other way to play football?
24. Curtis Johnson, Tulane – Now sitting on a record of 2 – 3 after five games into the 2015 season the biggest thing working against Curtis Johnson are his win/loss records now in his FOURTH season on the job at Tulane which stand at…
Overall: 14 – 28
CUSA: 1 0 – 16
…especially since a lot of folks including us here at Coaches Hot Seat believed that 2015 would be the year that Johnson would get things rolling in New Orleans.
Here is what Tulane has left on their schedule this season:
Damn….if Curtis Johnson can get Tulane to SIX wins in 2015 that will be a Helluva coaching job so…
Coach ‘Em Up Curtis!
25. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – Todd Monken is now in his THIRD season as the head coach at Southern Miss and he has win/loss records on the board of…
Overall: 7 – 23
CUSA: 3 – 15
….and although the Golden Eagles are playing some noticeably better football in 2015 a Week 6 loss to Marshall has left USM at 3 – 3 on the season and in need of some more wins and….quick!
Here is what Southern Miss has left on their schedule…
Texas San Antonio
At La. Tech
…and we see No Damn Reason at all why USM doesn’t win at least 3 of their last 6 games to get to .500 on the season and to a postseason bowl game starting with a win over Texas San Antonio on Saturday!
26. Ron Turner, Florida International – After a nice win over UTEP by the score of 52 – 12 FIU head coach Ron Turner has a chance to get off the Hot Seat with at Middle Tennessee on Saturday but that won’t be an easy thing to do because MTSU almost beat Vanderbilt in Murfreesboro a couple of weeks back.
With FIU now at 3 – 3 on the season can Ron Turner get the Golden Panthers get to 6 wins in 2015 getting Turner’s ass of the Hot Seat in the process? Let’s go the rest of FIU’s remaining schedule to see:
At Middle Tennessee
At Florida Atlantic
6 wins for FIU in 2015? Rather doubt that should be able to beat its’ 4 win total from last season or Ron Turner = Hot Seat!
27. Willie Taggart, South Florida – Willie Taggart and the South Florida Bulls got a GREAT win in Week 6 over Syracuse and now USF needs to keep things rolling in Week 7 with a game at UConn and Hell if you can beat Syracuse you can beat UConn….right? RIGHT!
Willie Taggart REALLY needs to get South Florida to 6-plus wins in 2015 and with the Bulls now at 2 – 3 and with these games left to play…
At East Carolina
….USF has no room to lose to UConn this Saturday so Coach Up Those Bulls Willie and keep the bus rolling!
28. Paul Haynes, Kent State – Kent State got destroyed by Toledo on Saturday by a score of 38 – 7 which landed the Golden Flashes head coach Paul Haynes back on the Hot Seat and that seat will only get Hotter if Kent State loses a CANNOT LOSE game at UMass this coming Saturday.
In his third season as the head coach at Kent State Paul Haynes has posted win/loss records of…
Overall: 8 – 21
MAC: 5 – 12
….and sooner or later…make that SOONER….Paul Haynes will have to start winning some football games starting with a win against UMass on Saturday so how about it Paul? Can we get a win for your Kent State team on Saturday son? Let’s sure the Hell hope so for Paul Haynes’ rear-end’s sake!
29. Charlie Partridge, Florida Atlantic – Charlie Partridge is now in his second season as the head coach at FAU and his win/loss records now stand at…
Overall: 4 – 13
CUSA: 3 – 7
…and it’s time for Charlie to start WINNING some football games! After a close loss at home to Rice by one point Partridge and FAU has a tough challenge in their next game at home against…
Come on Charlie….the time for WINNING is NOW!
30. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado – Mike MacIntyre is in his THIRD season as the head coach at Colorado and is in the midst of trying to rebuild a CU football program that was at the lowest of the low when he took over BUT by the THIRD season on the job TIME is no longer an excuse that can be proffered for why a team is not winning football games and with the Buffs now at…
3 – 3
….on the 2015 season the season is at a crossroads with the Arizona Wildcats coming to Boulder for a CRITICAL game that Mike MacIntyre MUST win if he is going to get things turned around at Colorado.
With these games remaining in 2015 for Colorado….
At Oregon State
At Washington State
….there is NO margin for error if the Buffs are going to win 6 games and with that in mind we can only say…
Play Hard Buffs….Play Very Damn Hard!