We waited a day to do the Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis because we were told there might have been a very surprising development on Monday with a current FBS Head Coach on the Hot Seat which didn’t happen but if it had happened it would have been a Blockbuster Story!
Maybe it will happen…maybe it will not….but something’s going to happen for sure down the road with that head coach!
Let’s bring out the Late Great Johnny Cash to give these Coaches on the Hot Seat Hell!
Thank You Mr. Cash!
1. Chip Kelly, UCLA – We are not sure what Chip Kelly is trying to do at UCLA but continuing to run an offense that’s best days are behind it and is also incredibly easy to defend with the lack of talent the Bruins are able to put on the field is nothing but a recipe for a Total Disaster and by any measure an 0 – 3 start to Kelly’s second season in Westwood is already a Total Disaster!
UCLA has left in 2019 the following games…
At Washington State
Our guess is that the Bruins win 2 games tops in 2019 and if that happens the Bruins will be looking for a new head coach in early December!
Our recommendation to Chip Kelly > Do something on offense that is not so easy to defend and when Bill Walsh was stuck in trying to get his offense going that would always lead to first…
Getting the Quarterback Moving Around!
2. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Willie Taggart is now sitting on the following records at FSU in his second season >
Overall: 6 – 9
ACC: 3 – 6
And after the loss to Virginia the 1 – 2 Seminoles have left in 2019 >
At Wake Forest
At Boston College
We see no way that FSU wins more than 6 games in 2019 and there’s no way Willie Taggart can survive going 6 – 6 or worse in his second season in Tallahassee!
3. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – No surprise that South Carolina lost to Alabama and with that loss Will Muschamp’s records at USC now stand at:
Overall: 23 – 19
SEC: 12 – 13
Muschamp’s Overall Record at USC = Average
Muschamp’s SEC Record at USC = Disaster
Now at 1 – 2 on the season South Carolina has left in 2019 >
At Texas A&M
Can Muschamp and South Carolina win 5 of their last 9 games?
We don’t see how and Muschamp goes 5 – 7 in his fourth season at South Carolina that has got to be incredibly disappointing and 5 – 7 in 2019 would leave Boom’s records at USC something like >
Overall: 27 – 24
SEC: 15 – 16
That’s just…So Damn Average!
4. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Justin Fuente has brought in former Minnesota Head Coach Jerry Kill to try and fix some serious issues in Blacksburg but the problems with Virginia Tech Start, Continue, and Will Never End because of the Lack of Leadership + Coaching that Fuente has NOT provided to his football program going on over 2 years now and we cannot help but wonder >
Just why in the Hell is Justin Fuente not Leading + Coaching his Freaking Football Team?
At its core…what is wrong with Virginia Tech is a Morale + Lack of Leadership Problem that is caused by Justin Fuente abdicating his role as the Head Football Coach at Virginia Tech and that is why the Hokies have posted a record over their last 17 games of >
8 – 9
Now at 2 – 1 on the season with wins over Old Dominion and Furman the Hokies have left in 2019 >
At Notre Dame
At Georgia Tech
If Virginia Tech plays against the above teams like it has played against Boston College, Old Dominion, and Furman they will be Very Lucky to win 6 games in 2019 and there’s not a chance in Hell that Fuente can survive a sub-.500 record in his fourth year at Virginia Tech…nor should he survive what be nothing short of a Total Disaster!
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Tennessee beat Chattanooga on Saturday which is like saying the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team beat a 110 lb. Pee Week Football Team so that win = Nothing Damn At All and now it’s back to Big Boy Football for the Vols with a game at Florida. Surprising to us Florida looks in Dan Mullen’s second year on the job Very Poorly Coached and that may be good enough to beat Tennessee on Saturday, but it does give the Vols a chance to win a game that really the Vols should have no chance of winning.
Florida is a 14-point favorite over Tennessee which speaks to how far the Vols have fallen under Jeremy Pruitt who is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 6 – 9
SEC: 2 – 6
…and with these games left to play in 2019 >
If Tennessee loses at Florida to drop to 1 – 3 on the season we cannot see how the Vols win 6 games in 2019 and can Pruitt survive posting two straight losing seasons in his first two seasons in Knoxville?
The standards are now so low at Tennessee he just might be able to survive it…unless someone steps-up and buys everyone out in the Tennessee Athletic Department and that might just happen especially if the Vols lose to Vandy again to end the season!
6. Lovie Smith, Illinois – There is No Damn Explanation for why Lovie Smith was ever hired as the head coach at Illinois nor that Smith had his contract extended this past offseason after being a Total Disaster in his first three seasons coaching the Illini so is anyone surprised that Lovie’s football team lost to Eastern Michigan at home on Saturday?
Of course not if your IQ is 2+!
Lovie Smith is now sitting on the following records at Illinois…
Overall: 11 – 28
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and the Illini have the following games left in 2019 >
At Michigan State
We would be very surprised if the now 2 – 1 Illini won more than 2 more games in 2019 which would add up to 4 – 8 in Smith’s fourth year on the job and this being Illinois that should lead to >
Lovie Smith getting a Lifetime Contract at Illinois!
What a time to be alive!
7. Clay Helton, USC – To understand just where the USC Football Program is right now consider this >
In Clay Helton’s 52nd game at USC the Trojans lost to a BYU football team that had to go into overtime to beat a Tennessee team that lost to…wait for it…Georgia State on its home field!
Clay Helton’s record at USC over his last 16 games now stands at…
7 – 9
…and the 2 – 1 Trojans still have to play in 2019 >
At Notre Dame
At Arizona State
USC would be Damn Lucky to go 5 – 4 in their last 9 games and if Clay Helton goes 7 – 5 in his 5th season at the school the Trojans will be looking to a new head coach in early December.
8. Chris Ash, Rutgers – Rutgers had a bye in Week 3 but Chris Ash in his fourth season at Rutgers is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 8 – 30
Big Ten: 3 – 25
….and the 1 – 1 Scarlet Knights have left in 2019 >
At Penn State
We be stunned if Rutgers won more than 2 more games in 2019 and a 3 – 9 record in your fourth season on the job…even at Rutgers…would have to lead to a head coaching change…right?
9. Charlie Strong, South Florida – Charlie Strong and South Florida beat South Carolina State in Week 3 to get to 1 – 2 on the season but looking at the rest of the Bulls 2019 schedule one has to think there are a lot of Losses coming down the pike!
At East Carolina
Our guess is that….South Florida wins 4 or 5 games this season and there’s no way Charlie Strong can survive posting a 4 – 8 or 5 – 7 record in his third season at USF…right?
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – In 40+ years of us watching college football here at Coaches Hot Seat we have NEVER seen a football team more Unprepared To Play a football game than Boston College last Friday night against Kansas with BC looking like their head coaches had spent the entire week hanging out at bars getting drunk letting the BC players coach themselves!
If Steve Addazio is not going to bother to actually get his football team ready to play football games against vastly inferior opponents then his ass should resign in embarrassment or maybe Addazio can actually show up his ass up to work this week to get his team ready to play at Rutgers…another vastly inferior team….so watch out because Addazio has a track record of not doing Any Damn Work…in our humble opinion….when his team is heavily favored in a game >
Boston College is a 7.5 favorite against Rutgers = Watch Out BC Fans because could be another Total Damn Collapse on the way this Saturday!
If Addazio loses to Rutgers his ass is going right on the #1 Hot Seat because he would need to have his ass fired right after the game on the field!