“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan performing Deacon Blues!
For the folks here at Coaches Hot Seat there is one clear leader for Head Coaches that CANNOT LOSE in Week 12 and that is of course….
1. David Shaw, Stanford
…who for Damn sure CANNOT LOSE to Cal on Saturday night on The Farm because losing the Big Game is just flat-out…
With a win in the Big Game Stanford will have qualified for its…
THIRD Pac-12 Title Game Appearance in FOUR Seasons
…and would play the Pac-12 South Champion for the Pac-12 Conference Championship which if won would be Stanford Football’s…
THIRD Pac-12 Title in FOUR Seasons
….which would be a Mighty Damn Impressive run indeed for Stanford Football but then none of that happens unless Stanford BEATS Cal to win the…
Stanford Football has won FIVE straight Big Games against Cal and 6 of the last 9 so why in the Hell not make it…
SIX Straight Big Games
7 of the last 10 Big Games
…..and we can keep this….
…where it belongs which is on The Farm in Stanford, California!
Go Stanford BEAT Cal!
2. Les Miles, LSU vs. Ole Miss – For all the people that scoff at the idea that Les Miles could be on the Hot Seat or only a loss from Ole Miss from being run out of Baton Rouge let us all remember that we are talking about…
….here where Bozo the Clown could win…
8 Games A Year EASY
….and where for Damn sure the head coach better…
Split the series with Alabama at least
…and what is Les Miles’ record against Alabama in the last 10 meetings against the Crimson Tide?
3 – 7
Sorry…3 – 7 against Alabama not only doesn’t feed the bulldog at LSU it will get your ass run out of town and very simply….
If LSU loses to Ole Miss on Saturday we would recommend that Les Miles agent start inquiring about other head coaching jobs…maybe in Big Ten Country…because it will be…..
….for Les Miles at LSU!
3. Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss vs. LSU – On the flipside of the LSU – Ole Miss game on Saturday a loss by the Rebels would drop the Ole Miss record to 7 – 4 on the season with still a game at Mississippi State and a loss to LSU and Hugh Freeze will wake-up on Monday morning with his rear-end on the….
….and with a loss to Mississippi State also to finish at 7 – 5 or 3 – 5 in the Rebels last 8 games Hugh Freeze will in late November find his rear-end on a…
Roaring Hot Seat!
Our recommendation to Les Miles AND Hugh Freeze: Neither of you can afford to lose this game boys so coach HARD!
4. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt – When you are making $5 Million Dollars a year playing your home games in a PALACE which is the case for Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin your ass better be…
Winning A Helluva Lot of Football Games
….and in his FOURTH season coaching the Aggies Kevin Sumlin is now sitting on a record in SEC play of….
16 – 14
….and if A&M loses to Vanderbilt on Saturday and LSU in the last game to finish at….
7 – 5 overall
3 – 5 in SEC play
….in 2015 we would recommend Kevin Sumlin have another job lined-up because he might not make it back to College Station from Baton Rough still the head coach of the….
Texas A&M Fighting Aggies!
5. Gus Malzahn, Auburn vs. Idaho – Oh this one’s pretty simple to figure out….
If for some CRAZY reason that Auburn lost to Idaho on Saturday with the Tigers something like 34 point favorites over the Vandals
….Gus Malzahn will be fired before the clock strikes Midnight on The Plains and Will Muschamp would be coaching Auburn in the Iron Bowl BUT since there is little chance in Hell of Idaho beating Auburn….right?….this is all kind of silly….but then….Idaho might just give FCS Jacksonville State a good game AND Jacksonville State took Auburn into overtime earlier this season…..Hmmmmm…..Oh Hell let’s not even consider Auburn losing to Idaho BUT if it happens Gus Malzahn will need….
Boxes…Lots of Damn Moving Boxes….and in a Helluva hurry!
6. Mark Richt, Georgia vs. Georgia Southern – Although many here at Coaches Hot Seat were raised in what would be called “secular” homes today meaning we were usually playing golf or some other sport on Sunday mornings instead of sitting in a church pew which our fathers to man detested because they did not enjoy being told how to live their lives by other people our parents made Damn sure we had a good grounding in religious history because it’s impossible for someone to understand world history without the religions that played a major role in helping to make-up what human beings are today.
With the above being said with Mark Richt being a “good Christian man” we are confident Mark understands as we do the basic tenets of the “trials and tribulations” that goes hand-in-hand of being a Christian which basically boils down to this:
Life isn’t fair and it’s often cruel and instead of crying about life not being fair or trying to make excuses for a tough predicament Christians understand that “trials and tribulations” that human beings go through make them tougher and help create important traits inside of human beings including perseverance and character and in the end…Hope….the hope that what one has learned when going through the “trials and tribulations” will provide hope for a better future while becoming a tougher person for when those “trials and tribulations” show up again…as they always do in this thing we call life.
It’s not just Christians that are very public about their faith that think in the above way because one of our favorite quotes by Coach Bill Walsh is….
“When you stand and overcome a significant setback, you’ll find an increasing inner confidence and self-assurance that has been created by conquering defeat. Absorbing and overcoming this kind of punishment engenders a sober, steely toughness that results in a hardened sense of independence and a personal belief that you can take on anything, survive and win.”
….which no doubt flows straight from the Judeo-Christian ideas and beliefs that form a major bedrock of the American Republic and getting back to Mark Richt we have a sneaking suspicion here at Coaches Hot Seat that Mark rather enjoys having his ass roasted from time-to-time by us here at Coaches Hot Seat because it reminds him in his very blessed life that….
Life isn’t fair and there is a Helluva lot to be learned by going through tough times
…which brings us to the Georgia Southern – Georgia game on Saturday and the reality that IF Mark Richt loses this game….
His rear-end will be climbing the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings AGAIN!
….which we have a sneaking suspicion brings a smile to Mark Richt’s face…not going up the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings mind you…but that he has yet another “trial and tribulation” to fight through!
Good Luck against Georgia Southern Mark!
7. Bret Bielema, Arkansas vs. Mississippi State – To show how wide the swing could have been on the Arkansas season in 2015 the Razorbacks could be sitting on records of….
9 – 1
2 – 8
….right now and with a record of 6 – 4 on the board and with these two games left to play….
….it’s Very Damn Important for Bret Bielema and Arkansas to win these last TWO games at home because improvement on their 6 – 6 record in 2014 is paramount and beating Mississippi State in this spot would give Arkansas a leg-up in the SEC West and a lot of momentum heading into their last game of the year against Missouri.
8. Steve Addazio, Boston College vs. Notre Dame – Is there a chance in Hell the 16-point underdogs Boston College Eagles can beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in Fenway Park on Saturday?
No…not a chance in Heaven or Hell in our opinion and with a loss Steve Addazio will be in his own little Hell with BC on a SEVEN game losing streak and with only wins on the board against…
Oh..with a loss on Saturday to Notre Dame Steve Addazio’s overall record in THREE seasons at Boston College would drop to…
17 – 20
….and that is the kind of record that can get your ass fired….in our humble opinion of course!
9. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia vs. Kansas – We don’t give the Kansas Jayhawks much chance to beat Crazy Boy Dana Holgorsen’s West Virginia Mountaineers on Saturday BUT if KU did win this game to drop WVU’s record in 2015 to….
5 – 5
….with still games left for West Virginia against…
At Kansas State
….things could get mighty Damn interesting in Morgantown BUT now…
No Damn way that West Virginia loses to Kansas….right?
Crazy Boy Dana Holgorsen better hope the Hell not!
10. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. Maryland – After opening with FOUR straight wins to start the season Kevin Wilson’s Hoosiers are now sitting on a record of…
4 – 6
…with only games left against…
….and if Kevin Wilson is EVER going to get Indiana to a .500 record and a bowl game then this is the year because Maryland with an already fired head coach and Purdue in Total and Complete Disarray there really is….
No Damn Excuse for Indiana to NOT win its last TWO Games
….so come on Kevin Wilson….
Bring these TWO wins home son!
11. Todd Graham, Arizona State vs. Arizona – What is that famous Winston Churchill quote….
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”
….which must be how Todd Graham felt after the Washington game last week after falling behind early to UW when it looked like it might be ANOTHER loss for the Sun Devils for awhile which would have dropped ASU’s record to…
4 – 6
…with still games left against Arizona and at California BUT Arizona State did beat Washington and now the Devils are…
5 – 5
…with games left against Arizona and at California BUT if Todd Graham’s football team happened to lose to Arizona and then at California…..Oh…..
Todd Graham’s ass would be on a ROARING HOT SEAT come late November!
Uhhh….don’t lose to Arizona Todd Graham!
12. Kyle Flood, Rutgers vs. Army – We don’t think there’s much chance Rutgers could lose to a below average Army team that just lost at home to Tulane BUT if Rutgers did lose in this spot….in our opinion…
The Kyle Flood-era at Rutgers would be over
…..thus why Army is a CANNOT LOSE Game for Kyle Flood as is the last game of the season against Maryland.
In our humble opinion of course!