“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan performing Deacon Blues!
1. Les Miles, LSU vs. Texas A&M – With reports on Thanksgiving Day that Les Miles could be fired as soon as this coming Sunday no matter what happens in the Texas A&M – LSU game….
….we thought it might be worth reviewing AGAIN exactly why Les Miles has come under such pressure in 2015 which in reality isn’t a ONE year problem but is a THREE problem at LSU made worse by THREE straight losses with the last game against Ole Miss looking like…
A LSU football team that was just flat-out NOT ready to play and even worse…NOT giving a Damn that their head coach’s job was on the line!
There has been much talk in the media in the last couple of weeks about Les Miles’ record in SEC over the past THREE seasons which with one game to go in 2015 stands at…
13 – 10
….which is certainly bad enough at a Powerhouse SEC Football Program like LSU for a head coach to lose his job but let’s go inside the numbers of Les Miles’ record in SEC play over the past THREE seasons and see exactly how bad things have gotten in Baton Rouge.
Over the past THREE seasons Les Miles’ LSU football team has played…
23 SEC Conference Football Games
…posting a record of…
13 – 10
….and in those 23 games LSU has played….
19 SEC Teams with .500 or better records
4 SEC Teams with less than .500 records
….and Les Miles against SEC Teams with LOSING records has been..
4 – 0
….and Les Miles against SEC Teams with .500 or better records has been…
9 – 10
You got that right at LSU….at LSU….at LSU….Les Miles over the past THREE seasons has posted a record of…
9 – 10
….against SEC Teams with .500 or better records and it’s our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat that ANYTHING less than a…
70% Winning Percentage
…against .500 of better SEC teams each season at LSU is FAILING and Les Miles’ winning percentage over the last THREE seasons…
47% Winning Percentage
Oh…just for comparison over the last THREE seasons Nick Saban and Alabama have also played 23 SEC Teams as of today and Saban has posted an overall record in those games of…
20 – 3
….and against LOSING SEC Teams he has posted a record of…
3 – 0
….and Nick Saban against SEC Teams with .500 or better records is at…
17 – 3
For Nick Saban that would be a winning percentage against SEC Teams with .500 or better record is…
85% Winning Percentage
Why is Les Miles on the Hot Seat and rightfully about to lose his job at LSU?
47% Winning Percentage against SEC Teams with .500 or better record
85% Winning Percentage against SEC Teams with .500 or better records
PERIOD….Quit the Crying and Excuse Making…Les Miles Just Flat-Out has NOT gotten the job done at LSU and for Damn sure LSU should have a head coach that has a winning percentage in SEC play against teams with .500 or better records above….
…and if you disagree with that you either Don’t Know Shit about Football OR you are a Complete and Total Ass Kisser!
2. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M vs. LSU – With Les Miles now only a few days from losing his job at LSU the coach on the opposing sideline in the Texas A&M – LSU game may be under even more pressure because Kevin Sumlin is sitting on one of the MOST Powerful College Football programs in the country at Texas A&M and over the past THREE seasons in SEC play he has a record of…
11 – 12
….on the board and even with a win over LSU he is still only at .500 in SEC play the last THREE seasons and if Kevin Sumlin is under the impression that he has EARNED that $5 Million Dollars A Year by posting a…
.500 or worse record in SEC play the last THREE seasons
….then Kevin Sumlin should have his ass throttled out of College Station tonight because .500 or worse at Texas A&M in SEC Conference play is OUTRAGEOUS and should and will be “Firing Numbers” if things don’t pick-up in a Helluva way in 2016 meaning…
Texas A&M better Damn win the SEC West in 2016
…or Kevin Sumlin will be out of his job as well.
Oh….you want to make $5 Million Dollars A Year Kevin Sumlin and Les Miles?
Then how about Damn EARNING that money instead of coaching AVERAGE Damn football teams?
Is that really too much to ask for people hauling down Millions of Dollars A Year?
3. Gus Malzahn, Auburn vs. Alabama – Talk about another SEC head coach that REALLY could use a win on Saturday Auburn’s Gus Malzahn is a loss to Alabama from finishing the 2015 regular season at…
6 – 6
….and when one realizes this Auburn team is just flat-out LOADED with talent and in our opinion will play only THREE teams with equal or more talent in 2015…
LSU, Georgia and Alabama
….there really is no Damn excuse for Auburn to be losing 5 or 6 games in 2015 and thus why Gus Malzahn desperately needs a win in the Iron Bowl to get momentum back on the side of the Auburn Tigers against the steamroller that is coming to The Plains….the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Yes….of course Auburn can beat Alabama….this is the Iron Bowl after all….and like EVERY Nick Saban coached team this 2015 Alabama team has the same weaknesses on defense that can be exploited with the right gameplan, approach and play-calling which so very few Damn teams do against Alabama for some reason….
Must be something in the water in the South that causes Idiocy especially in college towns with head coaches just not having the common Damn sense to attack the weakest point on the Alabama football team which is of course…
Neutralizing Nick Saban’s influence on the game itself
Amazingly…Auburn played in the 2013 – 14 Bogus BCS National Title Game and if the Tigers lose to Alabama on Saturday Gus Malzahn’s record in SEC play over the last TWO seasons will stand at….
6 – 10
….and in case Gus Malzahn doesn’t know it that is NOT a sustainable record at Auburn where the good folks….”The Family”….that supports Auburn Football spend over…
$40 Million Dollars A Year on the Auburn Football Program
…..including over $4 Million Dollars on the head coach who better Damn start EARNING all that money or Malzahn will be out of a job as well in very Damn short order.
4. Mark Richt, Georgia vs. Georgia Tech – Not that we know what is going on in the minds of the folks in and around the Georgia Football program especially the ones that write the big checks and have large amounts of influence….BUT…..this past week one of our Georgia-alum buddies told us at lunch at a GREAT restaurant in Cumming, Georgia….
“IF Mark Richt loses to Georgia Tech he is DONE at Georgia”
Now that this rather calm and consistent Georgia-alum who was graduated from UGA in the early 1980s would make such a matter-of-fact statement took us aback BUT we have been watching the Georgia Football program very closely over the past TWO football season and it’s our opinion…
The folks with money and influence at Georgia are sick of Mark Richt’s routine which includes some high notes BUT in recent years unexplainable losses….Florida….and inexplicable close calls….Georgia Southern….that do not reflect well on a Georgia Football program that SHOULD…
Dominate the SEC Eastern Division
….and be playing for and often winning SEC Conference Titles EVERY year.
With all of the above in mind…it’s our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat that…
IF Mark Richt loses to Georgia Tech he is DONE at Georgia
…and Mark Richt might be done if the Bulldogs beat the Yellow Jackets OR it’s possible….
Mark Richt has already accepted another college football head coaching job
Oh….we’re paying attention Mark Richt…paying Damn close attention….the question is…are “OTHERS” far away paying close attention to what Richt has done at Georgia in recent years? Probably not.
5. Mark Stoops, Kentucky vs. Louisville – The Bottom-Line numbers for Mark Stoops are very easy to grasp and understand…
THREE Seasons at Kentucky
No .500 or better seasons…Yet
Overall: 12 – 13
SEC: 4 – 20
…..and record in 2015…
5 – 6
….and needing a WIN over Louisville to get to 6 wins and a bowl game.
Bottom-Line TRUTH: Mark Stoops not only needs this win over Louisville to get to 6 wins he also needs to get a win over cross-state rival Louisville which is at the weakest place it has been in years and very Damn beatable IF Kentucky plays a good football game which Kentucky really hasn’t done in 2015 so we don’t give Mark Stoops and the Wildcats much chance to win this game and thus Mark Stoops will more than likely be on a Roaring Hot Seat going into the 2016 season.
Good Luck Mark!
6. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. Purdue – Kevin Wilson is in his FIFTH season at Indiana with records on the board of…
Overall: 19 – 40
Big Ten: 7 – 32
….with NO .500 or better season and NO bowl game trips and thus with the Hoosiers now at 5 – 6 on the season this game against Purdue might just be the….
CANNOT LOSE Game of the Weekend
….because a loss in this spot and…
NO .500 or better seasons in FIVE years on the job at Indiana?
Come on….even at Indiana a head football coach should be able to get at least SIX wins ONE time in FIVE years….right?
7. Todd Graham, Arizona State vs. California – At the beginning of the 2015 season some were touting Arizona State as a potential participant in the College Football Playoff which got LOTS of laughs here at Coaches Hot Seat since we have seen Arizona State play in person several times in the last few years under head coach Todd Graham and it’s our opinion having seen Graham up-close on the sideline…
Todd Graham is way Damn too volatile during games bordering on Out-of-Freaking-Control which ends up costing his team BIG time because when players see a head coach Out-of-Freaking-Control they think to themselves something on the order of…
Who in the Hell is driving this ship and does he have a Freaking Clue what he is doing?
Getting back to 2015 this Arizona State team is now on records of…
6 – 5 overall
4 – 4 in Pac-12 play
….and needing a win at California on Saturday to avoid nothing less than a…
Complete Freaking Disaster of a Season
…for ASU in 2015 and if things get ugly in the second-half of this game against the Bears….watch-out folks….Todd Graham may come Completely Unglued!
8. Bret Bielema, Arkansas vs. Missouri – Missouri has looked so bad in 2015 it would take some real work or rather the Arkansas football team NOT showing up to play this home game against the Tigers BUT if for some reason Arkansas did happen to NOT show-up and lose to Missouri on Saturday and finish at 6 – 6 for a SECOND straight season……
Chubby Man’s ass will be on a Roaring Hot Seat come Monday morning and as usual we will have the Extra-Extra-Large Roaring Hot Seat ready to go if Bret Bielema and his football team trip-up and lose to Mizzou!
9. Butch Jones, Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt – Butch Jones has done a nice job rallying the Tennessee Vols after a 4 – 4 start which included the Tennessee coaching staff tossing away wins against…
Oklahoma, Florida and Arkansas
….BUT now that the Vols are 7 – 4 with THREE straight wins everything is looking up in Knoxville….Hold It A Second….IF Tennessee should happen to lose to Vanderbilt on Saturday in a game that Tennessee just flat-out CANNOT LOSE guess where Butch Jones will find his ass come Monday morning?
Right back on the Hot Seat!
Memo to Butch Jones: Don’t lose to Vandy son…and if you do = Welcome Back to the Hot Seat son!
10. Mike Riley, Nebraska vs. Iowa – The Magical Mystery Tour of Mike Riley at Nebraska continues to roll on even as we here at Coaches Hot Seat…
Shake Our Heads and Laugh Out Loud
….every time we remember that Mike Riley is the Head Football Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers who play the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes on Saturday in a game that is BIG for both coaches because….
Mike Riley with a loss will see his Nebraska team….Heads Shaking and Laughing Out Loud…..drop to 5 – 7 on the season which at Nebraska is…Complete Freaking Disaster
Kirk Ferentz whose Iowa football team has played NO ONE in 2015 would see their chances for the College Football Playoff go up in smoke and since Iowa has played NO ONE in 2015 if they should lose to a .500 at best Nebraska team that got run just a few weeks ago by PURDUE we would then formally welcome Kirk Ferentz back to the Hot Seat because Hell if you play NO ONE and lose ONE game your ass should be on the Hot Seat!
Mike Riley and Nebraska lose to Iowa = Complete Freaking Disaster!
Kirk Ferentz and Iowa lose to Nebraska – Kirk Ferentz’s ass is back on the Hot Seat!
11. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia vs. Iowa State – We CANNOT imagine Dana Holgorsen and West Virginia losing at home to an Iowa State team that has already fired its head coach BUT we have been told by someone we trust in the “college football coaching business” that IF West Virginia loses its last TWO games to Iowa State and Kansas State…
Dana Holgorsen is DONE at West Virginia….PERIOD
Memo to Crazy Boy Dana Holgorsen: Don’t lose to Iowa State and Kansas State son!