Post Week 8 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash!
Post Week 8 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash!
Thanks Mr. Cash!
1. Butch Jones, Tennessee – The overall record for Butch Jones at Tennessee is bad enough…
33 – 25
….in his FIFTH year on the job but it’s Jones record in SEC Conference play that is the reason he’s headed for the chopping block…
14 – 22
…with these games still left to be played in 2017:
Yep…even if Butch Jones and his Vols won their last 4 SEC Conference games his record in SEC play would still just be…
18 – 22
….and there’s No Chance In Hell that fans of Tennessee Football should tolerate Butch Jones’ SEC record and thus that’s why the Vols will have a new head football coach come 2018!
Our guess…Tennessee finishes with a 4 – 8 record in 2017 and a Total Damn Mess on its hands as the folks in Knoxville try to figure out where to go next….here’s a tip for Tennessee AD John Currie when considering who to hire as the next head football coach at Tennessee:
Imagine in your mind’s eye Nick Saban’s reaction to hearing the name of the person who Tennessee hired to be its next head football coach. Is Nick smiling, does he have no reaction, does he grunt and think that maybe the Vols will be a tough win now. Don’t hire the coach that makes Nick Saban smile Currie!
2. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – With the loss to Auburn on Saturday Bret Bielema’s record in SEC play in his FIFTH year on the job is now at…
10 – 26
….which is a winning percentage of…
…and the previous two head coaches at Arkansas Houston Nutt and Bobby Petrino posted a combined winning percentage in SEC Conference play of…
Considering the above there is a very good argument that could be made that Bret Bielema is the…
…in the SEC Conference since the end of World War II which would mean Arkansas AD Jeff Long has hired as the head coach of the Razorbacks:
Bobby Petrino – Wouldn’t hire to wash our cars!
John L. Smith – Only an insane person would hire John L. Smith!
Bret Bielema – The WORST hire in SEC since end of World War II!
Now at 2 – 5 on the season Arkansas still has to play this season games against…
At Ole Miss
…and there is a very real chance that the Hogs finish with just THREE wins in Bret Bielema’s FIFTH year on the job in Fayetteville!
Got fire the whole Damn Arkansas athletic department?
You do if you don’t want Arkansas Football Totally Destroyed!
3. David Beaty, Kansas – It was just Stupid at Kansas but after the Jayhawks 43 – 0 loss to TCU the week after losing to Iowa State 45 – 0 it’s just…
Who gives a Damn about Kansas Football?
…and the answer to that question would be…NO ONE AT ALL!
David Beaty is in his THIRD season at Kansas and his records are…
Overall: 3 – 28
Big 12: 1 – 21
…and if Beaty isn’t fired before December 1 then why in the Hell is Kansas even bothering to play football?
Same goes for Kansas AD Sheahon Zenger who hired Charlie Weis and David Beaty and if Zenger worked in the Real World and not on a college campus his ass would have been…
Fired Long Ago!
4. Mike Riley, Nebraska – Mike Riley had a good week in the bye week because the Huskers didn’t get their ass whipped and now the 3 – 4 Huskers travel to play a decent Purdue team that somehow just lost to Rutgers and if Nebraska loses this game it will be because the Husker players have…
….but there are many here at Coaches Hot Seat that believe a lot of Husker football players Flat-Out Quit against Ohio State!
3 – 4 Nebraska has left in 2017….
At Penn State
….which looks to us like a losing season for the Huskers but Mike Riley had 5 losing seasons in 14 seasons coaching at Oregon State…including the season before he was hired at Nebraska…which makes one wonder…
Why in the Hell was Mike Riley hired at Nebraska?
Because former Nebraska Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst doesn’t know his ass from the side of a barn…that’s why!
5. Lovie Smith, Illinois – With the Illini’s loss to Minnesota on Saturday Lovie Smith’s records at Illinois now stand at…
Overall: 5 – 14
Big Ten: 2 – 11
…and those 5 wins were over:
Please….can someone….anyone…tell us why Lovie Smith is the head football coach at Illinois?
Didn’t think so!
6. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – A few Coaches Hot Seat members were there on the day that Jim Harbaugh was introduced as the new head football coach at Stanford in December 2006 and we were there when Stanford beat USC in Jimmy’s first season in early October 2006 at the LA Coliseum and we were there for ALL of Jimmy’s FOUR seasons on The Farm and thus we believe we know Jimmy Harbaugh very well!
With the above in mind it’s obvious to us that something is…
Terribly Wrong at Michigan
….and it goes beyond Jimmy’s record in his last 11 games which is by the way…
6 – 5
…and we are not going to pretend we know what is going but there’s something….
Terribly Wrong at Michigan
…in our humble opinion of course!
Most surprising of all to us here at Coaches Hot Seat who watched Jim Harbaugh recruit Andrew Luck and several other solid quarterbacks to Stanford when the 2017 season kicked-off Michigan didn’t have a FBS-level QB on its roster which begs the question?
What the Hell is going on Jimmy?
Well let’s see here….watching replays of Michigan’s games against Michigan State and Penn State we have come to the following conclusions about the Wolverines offense = Jim Harbaugh’s offense:
1. Michigan doesn’t have a FBS-level QB on its roster. Hell, Michigan doesn’t have a college-level QB on its roster. Hell, Michigan doesn’t have a high school level QB on its roster! Yes…that’s a Helluva problem Jimmy!
2. The Michigan Offensive line could be easily whipped in a fist fight by 3…maybe even 2…members of Coaches Hot Seat and as a group there is not a bigger group of Candy Asses in America…save the Candy Ass Tech Boys in Silicon Valley…than the Michigan Offensive Line. Yes…that’s a Helluva problem Jimmy!
3. The Michigan Running Backs and Wide Receivers are hardly coached at all and if they are coached the coaches that are coaching them should be fired…like this afternoon! SOFT and LAZY are the words that come to mind when we think of the Michigan Running Backs and Wide Receivers and…Yes, that’s a Helluva problem Jimmy!
4. The Michigan offensive play-calling in one word is…SHIT! Make that TOTAL SHIT..and Yes, that’s a Helluva problem Jimmy!
Besides all of the above you have a pretty decent offense at Michigan this season Jimmy!
Michigan is now 5 – 2 in 2017 and still has the below games left on their schedule:
Hell….Michigan might only win 2…maybe 3…more games in 2017 which is Jim Harbaugh’s THIRD year on the job and we only have the following to say to Jimmy Harbaugh:
Get your Damn ass together Son or your head coaching career is going to be over in a flash!
7. Kalani Sitake, BYU – The calls from our Mormon friends in Utah started about four weeks ago after Utah State beat BYU by the score of…
40 – 24
…and if you have Mormon friends then you know….
These folks don’t complain about ANYTHING
…and yet their calls keep coming and they are saying things like….
“You just cannot believe what is going on behind the scenes of BYU football.”
“BYU football is just the biggest mess you can possible imagine.”
“I am shocked about what I am being told is going on in Provo.”
At first we didn’t know what to think but after BYU lost to East Carolina..one of the worst teams in FBS football…on Saturday by the score of…
33 – 17
…we are now convinced after doing some checking of our own that BYU Football is in a Meltdown for the Ages in the history of college football in America and that the Cougars might not win another game this season even with some very weak teams left on their schedule:
San Jose State
At Fresno State
Because the information we have gathered is second-hand we are not going to write our opinion on what is going on with BYU Football but we will say this…if the current trend continues….BYU may very well have a new head football coach come December and the Kalani Sitake era at BYU will be over before it really even got started.
8. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech – If there was one thing that Kliff Kingsbury could not have let happened in Year FIVE as the head coach at Texas Tech was let Iowa State come into Lubbock and whip his Red Raiders on Homecoming weekend which leaves Kingsbury’s records now at…
Overall: 28 – 29
Big 12: 14 – 26
…and Texas Tech now at 4 – 3 on the season still having to play these teams:
Damn….it’s going to be mighty hard for Texas Tech to get to 6 wins on the season and less than 6 wins in 2017 and Kingsbury will have posted…
3 Losing Seasons in 5 Years on the Job
….which even at Texas Tech will get your ass fired…right?
Since it seems obvious that now member of TCU coaching staff Sonny Dykes would be a natural fit as the head coach at Texas Tech we would recommend that Kingsbury find a way to get to at least SEVEN wins in 2017 or more than likely the folks in Lubbock will be hiring them a new head football coach December.
9. Larry Fedora, North Carolina – After North Carolina’s 59 – 7 loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday one has to wonder if the Tar Heels have totally quit on head coach Larry Fedora or maybe this is just God’s way of getting justice against the North Carolina Athletic Department which somehow was able to get away with…
Totally Not Monitoring the Academic Activities of its Athletes
…for decades but whatever the reason for the current slide of UNC Football there is one thing we know for sure….
North Carolina is getting its ass-whipped on a regular basis in 2017 and either Larry Fedora will fix this mess in Chapel Hill or his ass should and will get run right out of town!
North Carolina is now 1 – 7 on the season and has left to play…
At NC State
Got 2 – 10 Larry?
You are about to have it Son!
10. Jim McElwain, Florida – It seems that Jim McElwain’s luck is finally running out which began long before he got the head coaching job at Florida and actually began when Nick Saban plucked Jimmy from Fresno State to be the offensive coordinator at Alabama where…
Any Damn Moron can get the Alabama offense to score 30+ points a game
…which then led to Jimmy getting the Colorado State job where he did some decent work and then the Florida job where Jimmy was fortunate enough to arrive in Gainesville when the SEC East was the weakest it has been since the SEC went to two divisions BUT Oh those days are over and on Saturday the 3 – 3 Gators get to play a Georgia Football team that is actually a…
Georgia Football Team
…and by late Saturday night the Gators will no doubt be 3 – 4 with these games still left on the schedule:
At South Carolina
Hell…Florida will be lucky to win 6 games in 2017 and thus it looks like Jim McElwain will be on the Hot Seat for the foreseeable future.
Oh and here’s something else Jimmy..not only could Any Damn Moron get the Alabama offense to score 30+ points a game…
Any Damn Moron can win 8 games a year at Florida!
Personally we like Jim McElwain and ran into him a couple of times when he was with the Oakland Raiders in 2006 and in the Flathead Valley of Montana where we are almost every Summer for a fishing trip BUT Jimmy if you are presented with a good head coaching job offer at another Power 5 school in the coming weeks…you might want to consider it Jimmy because things are about to get really HOT in Gainesville not withstanding whatever Yahoos have been sending you and your players death threats which should be turned over to the police immediately!
Coach ‘Em Up Jimmy!