Impressions From Stanford – USC Game – Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – 11 – 30 Hot Seat Coaches – Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash and Make Them Cry Like Babies!
We wanted to hear from everyone that attended the Stanford – USC game on Saturday at the Coaches Hot Seat Monday Night Football get-together at the four Coaches Hot Seat Centrals last night and the consensus on Stanford football after much discussion is:
Stanford football was fired-up and ready to play USC on Saturday night and they were dead asleep when they ran onto the field against Northwestern in Week 1. No doubt, USC is an opponent that should get Stanford football players more fired-up than Northwestern, but the difference in play in the two games is striking….so striking in fact that there is now some real worry that the Cardinal will not show up on Friday night at Oregon State with the same passion and enthusiasm that they displayed against USC. Yes, that is REAL Damn worry and with a handful of Coaches Hot Seat members traveling to Corvallis for the game on Friday night there is no doubt this is a critical game for Stanford head coach David Shaw who is….
10 – 7 in his last 17 games at Stanford
6 – 4 in his last 10 Pac-12 games at Stanford
Here is Stanford’s remaining schedule:
At Oregon State
At Washington State
IF Stanford plays at or close to the same level of play and passion they played against USC there is No Damn Reason why the Cardinal loses more than…
3 Games in 2015
…but if the level of play and/or passion declines at all Stanford could easily lose 5 or more games in 2015 which would be nothing short of a…
Complete Freaking Disaster on The Farm!
With that let’s get to the….
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash and Make Them Cry Like Babies!
11. Ron Caragher, San Jose State – Ron Caragher took over a San Jose State team that had won 10 games in 2012 under Mike MacIntyre and Caragher has posted the following records now in his third season on the job:
Overall: 10 – 17
MWC: 7 – 10
Sorry Ron, the above win/loss records do not feed the Bulldog…even at San Jose State…and it’s either put-up or shut-up the rest of the 2015 season and luckily for Ron and the Spartans they have three very Damn winnable games coming up against…
Hell, we see no reason why San Jose State isn’t…
4 – 2
…when they play San Diego State on October 17!
Coach ‘em up Ron!
12. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt got its first win of the 2015 season for head coach Derek Mason on Saturday over Austin Peay and that runs Mason’s records to the following in his second year on the job:
Overall: 4 – 11
SEC: 0 – 9
We have been trying for weeks to get something out of one of our long-time doctor friends who got his medical degree from Vanderbilt on what Derek Mason needs to do in 2015 to return as the head coach of the Commodores next season and finally the Doc took some time from his busy schedule saving folks lives to tell us…
“Who is Derek Mason? Hell, when did James Franklin leave Vandy? Just kidding boys! Thinking Mason needs 4 wins this season and which means 2 wins in SEC play assuming Vandy beats Middle Tennessee and loses to Houston. Hey, it’s not a big goal but remember boys….this is Vandy football we are talking about here!”
So Derek Mason needs to find three more wins out of the below games to improve on his 3 – 9 record in 2014 to return as the head coach of Vandy in 2016…..Hmmmm…..
At Ole Miss
At Middle Tennessee
At South Carolina
Good Luck with that Derek Mason!
13. Butch Jones, Tennessee – For all the bluster of Butch Jones since he arrived in Knoxville in early 2013 in the wake of the Complete Freaking Disasters that were the hirings of Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley the TRUTH is that Butch Jones has now coached 28 games at Tennessee and has posted a record of…
14 – 14
….and Derek Dooley’s record after 28 games in the books coaching the Vols was…
13 – 15
….which makes this Saturday’s game at Florida the BIGGEST game of Butch Jones coaching career because a loss in this spot and the now Run Out of Knoxville on a Rail Derek Dooley and Butch Jones will stand at the same exact spot record wise after 29 games in the books…
14 – 15!
Let’s take a look at the rest of Tennessee’s schedule with the Vols now sitting at 2 – 1:
In 2014 Tennessee finished the regular season at 6 – 6 and looking over the above remaining games we only see two SURE WINS…North Texas and Vanderbilt….so can Butch Jones and the Vols who threw away a great opportunity to be on an amazing roll if they had not given away the Oklahoma game find at least 6 more wins to get to 8 wins total in 2015 which we believe is the win number Butch Jones MUST hit if he doesn’t want 2015 to be considered…
A Complete and Total Failure?
Don’t know the answer to that question but Butch Jones better Damn find 6 more wins starting with a win over the Florida Gators in Gainesville on Saturday or the HEAT on Butch Jones’ ass come next Monday will rival the HEAT that was on Derek Dooley’s ass just a few years ago!
14. Trent Miles, Georgia State – On Saturday Georgia State played the Oregon Ducks in Autzen…final score…
Oregon – 61
Georgia State – 28
…and that now runs Trent Miles win/loss records at Georgia State in his third year on the job to…
Overall: 2 – 25
Sun Belt: 1 – 15
Got a Roaring Hot Seat with a side of butter? Trent Miles does and that butter must be scolding!
15. Paul Petrino, Idaho – Since Paul Petrino now has THREE wins in THREE seasons coaching the Idaho Vandals ANY win is a cause for celebration and on Saturday Idaho beat Wofford 41 – 38 which runs Petrino’s win/loss record at Idaho to…
3 – 23
Up next for Idaho which only beat Wofford by THREE points…
Good Luck with that Paul Petrino and Oh Yea…Your Ass Is Still On the Hot Seat even with that MIGHTY THREE point win over Wofford!
16. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Kevin Wilson’s Indiana team got their MUST WIN over Western Kentucky on Saturday to run the Hoosiers record to…
3 – 0
….in 2015 and now only Wake Forest stands in the way of Indiana entering Big Ten play undefeated which is against Ohio State on October 3.
Uh….Oh….this Wake Forest game is the exact kind of spot where Indiana under Kevin Wilson has faltered in the past and why Wilson needs to make sure his Hoosiers are focused as they travel down to North Carolina to take on Wake.
There is only ONE way for Kevin Wilson to get off the Hot Seat…
Get his Hoosiers to 6 wins in 2015 and a win over Wake Forest on Saturday will go a long way in accomplishing that goal!
17. Mike Riley, Nebraska – Nebraska played well enough to be 3 – 0 right now instead of 1 – 2 after close losses to BYU and Nebraska which reminds us of something one of our football coaches from a long time ago used to say when people told him that it was too bad that his team lost a close game:
“It never should have been a close game in the first place!”
We are talking about Nebraska here which hasn’t won less than NINE games since the 2007 season and with Cornhuskers now at 1 – 2 with the below games remaining how many games can Mike Riley and Nebraska win in 2015?
Why do we think that Nebraska is going to have a tough time getting to 8 wins in 2015?
Geez….this could be a long football season in Lincoln for Mike Riley!
18. Norm Chow, Hawaii – Hawaii beat UC Davis on Saturday night to move to 2 – 1 on the season which means about as much as the wave that just hit the beach at Waikiki and now it’s back to the REAL world for the Warriors as they travel in back-to-back weeks to play…
At Boise State
Good Luck with that Norm!
19. Steve Sarkisian, USC – The most interesting comment made by a Coaches Hot Seat member made after seeing Stanford maul USC at the LA Coliseum on Saturday night was…
“This USC team looks like Sark’s Washington teams with just more talent.”
Our problem with Pat Haden hiring Steve Sarkisian as the head coach at USC was that Sark’s teams at Washington were often just “OK” and that if Sarkisian was going to take USC back to the heights seen during the Pete Carroll era with the Trojans then “something” was going to have to be added to Sark’s coaching repertoire and so far in Sark’s second season at USC…
We just don’t see that “something” yet.
Since many of us here at Coaches Hot Seat have been watching USC football for close to 40 years now our standards for USC and thus Steve Sarkisian are Very Damn High and with the loss to Stanford the Trojans dropped to 2 – 1 on the season with these games remaining to be played:
At Arizona State
At Notre Dame
Can USC and more importantly Steve Sarkisian top their win total of EIGHT games in 2014?
Maybe….Maybe Not…which is why things are starting to heat up for Steve Sarkisian at USC who has Very Damn Little margin for error on or off the field!
20. Ron Turner, Florida International – Ron Turner and FIU got their CUPCAKE win over NC Central on Saturday to move to 2 – 1 on the season but it’s back to Big Boy football in Week 4 with a trip to play at La. Tech which took Kansas State to overtime on Saturday.
Got 2 – 2 Ron Turner and FIU?
You are about to have it and for Damn sure Ron your ass is on the Hot Seat!
Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – 21 – 30 Hot Seat Coaches Analysis Coming Soon!