Post Week 1 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash! – The TENTH Season of Coaches Hot Seat Is Now Underway! – Let’s Play Football!
Post Week 1 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
It’s been quite awhile since we have typed this so this feels rather good….give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Les Miles, LSU – We waited a day to write the Post Week 1 Coaches Hot Seat Analysis to talk to our good friends in Baton Rouge…who have been struggling mightily in recent weeks….about the Tigers loss to Wisconsin, and needless to say the general feeling from the folks we have talked to down on the bayou now believe they have been taken for a ride and left on the side of the road by Les Miles and more importantly that as one LSU-alum friend told us….
“It’s clear now that Les Miles will take down the LSU football program on the cross of his massive ego!”
An interesting record that we have been tracking here at Coaches Hot Seat is Les Miles’ record against Power 5 Conference Schools since the beginning of the 2014 college football season which after the loss to Wisconsin now stands at….
2014: 5 – 4
2015: 7 – 3
2016: 0 – 1
12 – 8 (.600)
….which is a STUNNING and DISASTROUS record considering the amount of talent that ANY coach can recruit to LSU on a regular basis and that over the past three football seasons the TRUTH is…
LSU has had and now has on campus as much talent as any team in college football….PERIOD!
We asked a good LSU-Cajun friend of ours in Baton Rouge to tell us what is coming down the pike for Les Miles and the Tigers and his response on Tuesday was…
“I don’t know, but if LSU loses to Jacksonville State Les Miles and Cam Cameron will be fired on Saturday night before they leave the athletic offices and Ed Orgeron will be the interim head coach of the Tigers.”
Hmmmm….checking the latest FCS Coaches Rankings from September 5, 2016 Jacksonville State is now ranked…
…but has what…
10 to 15 times LESS talent than LSU?
Yep…that’s about right and if Jacksonville State does beat LSU on Saturday Les Miles should be fired on the spot before he leaves Tiger Stadium and he should be forced to clean-out his office before he leaves the LSU campus….in our humble opinion….ditto for Cam Cameron.
If LSU does beat Jacksonville State next up is a Mississippi State team at home that just lost to South Alabama and Auburn football program on the road that on offense looks in about much disarray as a team can look above the Pee Wee football level in America!
Speaking of the Auburn Tigers…
2. Gus Malzahn, Auburn – Beyond the fact that the Clemson offense didn’t look like it had a Damn clue to what it was doing on Saturday night which may or may not have something to do with improved play by the Auburn defense, we here at Coaches Hot Seat just don’t…
Have A Damn Freaking Clue what Gus Malzahn was doing on Saturday night with the Auburn offense and quarterbacks and we have the sneaking suspicion that Gus Malzahn Doesn’t Have A Damn Freaking Clue what he is doing either!
The calculus at Auburn is very easy to understand…
Anything less than 8 wins and Gus Malzahn and more than likely Auburn AD Jay Jacobs are both DONE on The Plains come December and with the loss to Clemson and this schedule left to be played….
At Mississippi State
At Ole Miss
….we only see THREE…MAYBE….FOUR more sure wins left on Auburn’s schedule and giving Gus Malzahn FOUR wins from the remaining 11 games that means the Tigers will have to find FOUR other wins somehow in 2016 and even if the Auburn defense is much improved does anyone think the Tigers offense will be anything but…
The Biggest Damn Disaster in College Football in 2016?
Good Luck to Gus Malzahn and if Auburn loses to Arkansas State at home on Saturday….
Gus Malzahn might very well be fired before he leaves the Auburn campus on Saturday night!
3. Steve Addazio, Boston College – Both Georgia Tech and Boston College looked like very AVERAGE football teams in their little sojourn to Dublin, Ireland to play a football game, and if there is one thing that Steve Addazio cannot afford in 2016 is for his Eagles football team to be AVERAGE again and with that loss to the Yellow Jackets Addazio is now facing the BIGGEST game of his tenure at BC this Saturday in an away game against…
With a road game at Virginia Tech up next there is the real chance that…
Steve Addazio could be fired on Saturday evening if his BC Eagles lose to UMass and in our opinion in his FOURTH season at Boston College if Addazio should lose to UMass on Saturday…
Steve Addazio SHOULD be fired on Saturday night!
Just for the record Steve Addazio’s records in FOUR seasons at BC now stand at:
Overall: 17 – 22
ACC: 8 – 17
4. Mark Stoops, Kentucky – The MOST shocking number in the Southern Miss win over Kentucky by the score of…
44 – 35
…was that Southern Miss scored 44 points on Kentucky in Mark Stoops 37 th game as the head coach of the Wildcats and Mark Stoops is supposed to know something about defense…right?
Here’s the ugly reality for Mark Stoops and the Kentucky Wildcats right now:
If Southern Miss can score 44 points on Kentucky then even some of the anemic offense in the SEC will be able to hang 30 points on the Wildcats this season and we have some news for fans of UK Football…
Kentucky will not be able to score 30+ points on offense in 2016 against SEC-level defenses…PERIOD!
Up next for Kentucky after that nothing less than…
A Total Freaking Disaster of a Loss to Southern Miss
The reality is that the expectations are so low for Kentucky Football right now both inside and outside the Kentucky Athletic Department that Mark Stoops could probably get away with not getting to 6 wins in 2016 in his FOURTH year on the job, but we rather doubt that Mark Stoops could survive less than 5 wins this season even if his buyout is $10 Million Plus Dollars as has been reported in the Kentucky media.
With Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisville still left on Kentucky’s schedule and with that loss to Southern Miss there is the very REAL chance Kentucky wins FOUR or less games in 2016 and if that happens in Mark Stoops FOURTH season at UK then this is all very simple:
The Mark Stoops era at Kentucky is OVER….PERIOD!
5. Clay Helton, USC – The first call from a USC-alum friend of ours came during the week of The Masters in April and that call went something like this….
“The USC Football program is in total disarray….I was just over there and it’s like no one is in charge of anything.”
Since then the calls from USC-alum friends our of the same vain kept coming and then in August we got a call from an USC-alum friend of ours that also happens to be a surgeon and who is thus busy as Hell who says on the phone…
“I think this season is going to be a Complete F-ing Disaster for USC!”
After the 52 – 6 Total Damn Debacle against Alabama when the USC Football Team basically…
Did Not Show Up in the Second Half of the game against Bama
….the “Complete F-ing Disaster” of a season is officially underway and up next for Clay Helton and the Trojans is Utah State in the Coliseum on Saturday and if the Trojans should lose this game at home with a road game against Stanford up next…
Clay Helton might not make it to the SIXTH game of the season against Colorado as the head coach of the Trojans!
One thing we know for Damn Sure…
It’s a Total Damn Embarrassment for USC and the Pac-12 Conference that in our opinion…
USC Football Gave-Up and QUIT against Alabama in the second-half on Saturday
…and if the Trojans QUIT and lose to Utah State on Saturday Clay Helton MUST be fired right after the game…PERIOD!
By the way….in Two-Plus Seasons at USC now…Clay Helton’s record after the loss to Alabama…
6 – 5!
6. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M – Kevin Sumlin must have seen his coaching career flash before his eyes in the fourth quarter against UCLA on Saturday because to lose to the Bruins in that way….meaning in letting UCLA come back and win the game after the Aggies were way up…would have been the WORST scenario for Sumlin who is flat-out right now on…
A Knife’s Edge relative to his job status in College Station
…and who cannot afford ANY train crashes in 2016, and with that in mind and with the win over the Bruins now in the books the only thing that matters now is somehow…someway for the Aggies to get to…
8-Plus Wins in 2016
…because ANYTHING less than 8-Plus Wins in 2016 for the Aggies and Kevin Sumlin’s head coaching career will come to screeching halt come December!
Let’s look at what A&M has left on their schedule:
Arkansas – Dallas
At South Carolina
New Mexico State
At Mississippi State
Texas – San Antonio
Well…Kevin Sumlin and his Aggies SHOULD be able to find 7 more wins in their last 11 games….with THREE Cupcakes on their plate…which means A&M only needs to go .500 in SEC play so…
There really are NO more excuses…right Kevin Sumlin?
7. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – The expectations for Purdue football are at such a low level now that Darrell Hazell could probably get away with win 4 or 5 wins in his FOURTH season on the job and get a FIFTH season which is…
So Damn Freaking Pitiful
….since we remember well the Joe Tiller years at Purdue BUT with that opening season win over Cupcake Eastern Kentucky the Boilermakers still have these teams to play in 2016…
…and if Purdue can’t get to 4 or 5 wins with what they have left then Darrell Hazell SHOULD be fired but then if we were the AD at Purdue we would have told Hazell before the season something like…
“This is your fourth season at Purdue Darrell and it’s either six wins and a bowl or we are moving on to another coach in December. Now Good Luck to you Son.”
8. Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State – The way Fresno State has played the last few years we gave the Bulldogs little chance to beat Nebraska in Lincoln on Saturday and not surprisingly the Huskers won the game 43 – 10 which runs Tim DeRuyter’s record over the last THREE seasons at Fresno to…
9 – 18
…which is the kind of record that will get your ass fired at Fresno State and why in 2016 it’s either…
Six Wins Plus in 2016
…or the Tim DeRuyter-era at Fresno State will be over shortly after the Bulldogs last game against San Jose State on November 26.
Up next for Fresno State is Sacramento State which should be a WIN and then a critical road game at Tulsa which Tim DeRuyter and his Bulldogs will NEED to win with a lot of tough Mountain West Conference games still on their schedule.
9. Butch Jones, Tennessee – The Pitiful Reality of Tennessee Football in Butch Jones FOURTH season on the job is that in the first game of the 2016 season at home against a team in Appalachian State which the Vols have at least FOUR to FIVE more times talent than….
The Tennessee Football Team was just NOT ready to play
…and having your team ready to play is the responsibility of the head coach Butch Jones and by all rights…
Appalachian State SHOULD have beaten Tennessee
…which would have put Butch Jones at the top of the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings even ahead of the…
Total Damn Disaster that is Les Miles in Baton Rouge!
Forget about the Battle of Bristol and the show that will accompany a football game being played at a NASCAR track because the TRUTH is…
Butch Jones is coaching the biggest game of his coaching career on Saturday against Virginia Tech
…because if Virginia Tech which won SIX games in 2016 and has a first-year head coach in Justin Fuente can beat Tennessee in Butch Jones FOURTH year on the job then…
What exactly is the point of Butch Jones being the head coach at Tennessee?
There is NONE is the answer to that question!
Forget about the game against Florida in Knoxville on September 24…because if Butch Jones and his Vols lose this game to Virginia Tech on Saturday….
The Entire Damn Vol Nation is going to IMPLODE and Butch Jones will be sitting on the Hottest Seat in America!
10. Paul Haynes, Kent State – With Kent State’s expected loss to Penn State in the opening game Paul Haynes record at Kent State now stands at:
Overall: 9 – 27
MAC: 6 – 17
Yes…those kind of records will get you fired at Kent State and before the Golden Flashes travel to play at Alabama on September 24 Paul Haynes and his football team REALLY need to win their next two games against…
North Carolina A&T
Good Luck Paul Haynes!