The 2022 College Football Season is chaotic as ever and rolling along nicely now with 3 Head Coaches already shown the door and many more to come…many, many, many more!
We were told by a Birdie to hold off on the Post Week 4 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings analysis for a few days since another shoe almost dropped after Geoff Collins got run at Georgia Tech at another school to not be named here but that shoe is still hanging…for at least another week or so!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Jeff Scott, South Florida – Things keep on rolling along for Jeff Scott at South Florida and not in a good way with a 41 – 3 loss to Louisville who also has a Head Coach on the Hot Seat in Scott Satterfield and now the 1 – 3 Bulls have East Carolina coming to town in a
Must Win Game for Jeff Scott!
Lose in this spot with these games left
At Cincinnati Tulane At Houston At Temple SMU At Tulsa UCF
the Bulls might not win another game in 2022!
Dandy Don is just off stage….Stage Left!
2. David Shaw, Stanford – We had a very unique occurrence last week in that a few of us were in Palo Alto and in tow with us was a guy that played football for Paul “Bear” Bryant at Alabama in the 1970s so we brought him along to watch a portion of a Stanford football practice as the Cardinal got ready for Washington and here was his comment over dinner at Jeffrey’s Hamburgers after watching that practice >
“Just what in the Hell was that because that ain’t football?”
Can we get an Amen? Make that 12 Amens which is the Number that Paul Bryant wore at Alabama!
We are not sure what David Shaw thinks he has doing with Stanford Fooball over the last few years but if his goal is to
Totally Destroy Stanford Football he is Achieving His Goal!
Stanford now at 1 – 2 after getting Totally Destroyed by Washington, which has a first year Head Coach by the way and was in total chaos when he got to Seattle, the Cardinal has left in 2022
At Oregon Oregon State At Notre Dame Arizona State At UCLA Washington State At Utah At California BYU
Our guess….Stanford wins 1 or 2 more games, maybe 3 more games, to finish at 4 – 8 on the season at best and if you watch Stanford Football practice guess what they look and practice like?
A 4 win football team at best!
Beyond Damn Pitiful!
3. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – Only that happened to Colorado Football on Saturday was UCLA came into Boulder and whipped the Buffs 45 – 17 and made it look very easy indeed and Karl Dorrell’s records at CU now stand at
Overall: 8 – 14 Pac-12: 6 – 8
The Buffs now at 0 – 4 have left in 2022
At Arizona California At Oregon State Arizona State Oregon At USC At Washington Utah
Don’t think the Buffs gonna win a game in Dorrell’s 3 rd year in Boulder!
4. Butch Jones, Arkansas State – With the loss to Old Dominion on Saturday to drop Arkansas State record to 1 – 3 in 2022 Butch Jones in Year 2 at ASU’s records now stand at
Overall: 3 – 13 Sun Belt: 1 – 8
With these games left
La. Monroe James Madison At Southern Miss At Louisiana South Alabama UMass At Texas State Troy
The Red Wolves gonna have a tough time getting to 6 wins in Butch Jones 2 nd year at ASU and they will run your ass Jonesboro for that kind of record, even in Year 2!
5. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern – The same disease that is now inflicting Stanford Football
Total Powder Puff Candy Ass Syndrome
has taken over the Northwestern Football program as well with Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald turning the Wildcats into the
Biggest Candy Asses East of the Mississippi River
and to what end we don’t know exactly why but back-to-back losses to Southern Illinois and Miami of Ohio has Northwestern looking a lot like Stanford >
Such Big Candy Asses that the Northwestern Chess Club could whip the Wildcats and make em like it!
Now at 1 – 3 on the season with a lone win over Nebraska which Every Grandma Knitting Club in America could whip like a red-headed stepchild and make em like it the Wildcats have left in 2022
At Penn State Wisconsin At Maryland At Iowa Ohio State At Minnesota At Purdue Illinois
Will the Softer than the Pillsbury Dough Boy Wildcats win another game in 2022?
Is the Pillsbury Dough Boy Soft as Hell?
Yep the Wildcats lone win in 2022 will be over a team that the Over 50 Years Old Only Ladies Coffee Klatch Club of Evanston could whip and make em like it = Nebraska!
Be Proud Pat Fitzgerald!
We didn’t think it was possible to field a team SOFTER than Stanford but you have done it and that’s something Son!
6. Tim Albin, Ohio – Ole Tim Albin took over a pretty good Ohio Football Program from Frank Solich and has posted record of
Overall: 5 – 11 MAC: 3 – 5
and now at 2 – 2 on the 2022 season after a Big Big Win over Fordham on Saturday the Bobcats have left in 2022
At Kent State Akron At Western Michigan Northern Illinois Buffalo At Miami (OH) At Ball State Bowling Green
After going 3 – 9 in Year 1 at Ohio we would recommend that Tim Albin find a way to get to 6 wins in 2022 or it’s Dandy Don time!
7. Steve Sarkisian, Texas – With the loss to Texas Tech which no Texas team should EVER lose to Steve Sarkisian records at Texas now stand at
Overall: 7 – 9 Big 12: 3 – 7
and if this kind of losing continues then Arch Manning, if he decided ultimately to attend Texas, will be playing for a new Head Coach in 2023 in Austin!
The Longhorns are now 2 – 2 on the season and have left in 2022
West Virginia Oklahoma Iowa State At Oklahoma State At Kansas State TCU At Kansas Baylor
Can the Horns win 4 of their remaining 8 games?
Maybe or Maybe Not but consider this
Tom Herman got his ass run at Texas posting records of
7 – 6 10 – 4 8 – 5 7 – 3
Does anyone think Steve Sarkisian could survive posting 2 losing seasons in his first 2 years at Texas?
Not A Chance In Hell!
8. Mike Bloomgren, Rice – In 4 seasons at Rice Mike Bloomgren has posted records of
Overall: 13 – 33 CUSA: 9 – 20
and sooner or later someone in Houston is gonna say >
That ain’t very good Son!
With the loss to Houston and now 2 – 2 on the season Rice has left in 2022
UAB At FAU At La. Tech Charlotte UTEP At Western Kentucky UTSA At North Texas
We would recommend that Mike Bloomgren win the next 2 Very Damn Winnable Games or you can turn out the lights in Houston for Ole Mike!
9. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – In a miracle of sorts Navy was able to best East Carolina in double overtime on Saturday to get their first win of the season and now the 1 – 2 Sailors at the US Naval Academy have left in 2022
At Air Force Tulsa Houston Temple At Cincinnati Notre Dame At UCF Army
Geez…will Navy win more than 3 games in 2022?
10. Scot Loeffler, Bowling Green – In 4 seasons at Bowling Green Scot Loeffler’s records now stand at
1. Jeff Scott, South Florida – Jeff Scott and this USF Bulls almost got a win over the Florida Gators in The Swamp who played like they were hardly coached at all Billy Napier and with another loss Scott’s records at USF now stand at
Overall: 4 – 20 AAC: 1 – 14
Now the Bulls have left
At Louisville East Carolina At Cincinnati Tulane At Houston At Temple SMU At Tulsa UCF
Geez…maybe the Bulls can win 2 or 3 of those games…if they play better than they played against Florida that is!
2. David Shaw, Stanford – There’s just no explaining Stanford Head Coach David Shaw deciding to turn the Cardinal Football Program from one of the
Toughest Programs in College Football to the Biggest Bunch of Pillow Fight Loving Candy Asses in America
but David has done it and now there really is no longer a Football Program on the Stanford campus and there’s little doubt the
Stanford Chess Club could Whip the Hell out of the Stanford Football Team and…Make Them Like It!
Over the last 4 seasons David Shaw’s record now stands at
12 – 20
and most of those 12 Wins over Sub-.500 teams and now the 1 – 1 Cardinal gets a trip to Husky Stadium in Seattle who are coached by new Head Coach Kalen DeBoer and talk about an Ass Kicking…
The Cardinal are about to….Get Their Asses Kicked by Washington = A Real Football Team!
What’s left for Stanford >
At Washington At Oregon Oregon State At Notre Dame Arizona State At UCLA Washington State At Utah At California BYU
Probably 3 – 9….Maybe 4 – 8 for Stanford in 2022 and it would take Major Miracle for the Cardinal to get 6 wins which is
Just A Total Damn Disgrace on Every Level Imaginable!
3. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – Karl Dorrell’s Buffs got their asses handed to them on Saturday by Minnesota by the score of
49 – 7
which drops Colorado’s 2022 record to 0 – 3 with games still left against
UCLA At Arizona California At Oregon State Arizona State Oregon At USC At Washington Utah
Now in his 3 rd season at Colorado Karl Dorrell should win 7+ games with the above schedule but reality is
The Buffs might not win a game in 2022!
4. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – Navy had Week 3 off and Thank Goodness for that because the Midshipmen no doubt needed to have lots of Pillow Fights and High Tea to get ready for the rest of the 2022 season and 0 – 2 Navy has left under Kenny Boy games against
At East Carolina At Air Force Tulsa At SMU Houston Temple At Cincinnati Notre Dame At UCF Army
Will Navy win even 1 game in 2022?
Back to the Pillow Fights Boys and don’t forget High Team you Damn Candy Asses!
Signed, 15+ US Navy Combat Vets at Coaches Hot Seat Totally Ashamed of what Navy Football has become!
5. Butch Jones, Arkansas State – We didn’t give Arkansas State much chance to win at Memphis on Saturday but they kinda made it a game and with that loss the Red Wolves are now 1 – 2 on the season and Butch Jones records at Arkansas State now stand at
Overall: 3 – 12
Sun Belt: 1 – 7
Arkansas State has left in 2022
At Old Dominion La. Monroe James Madison At Southern Miss At Louisiana South Alabama UMass At Texas State Troy
There’s a few winnable games left on the Arkansas State schedule but will they get to 6 wins in 2022?
Not A Damn Chance in Hell or Highwater or even Low Water!
6. Geoff Collins,. Georgia Tech – Getting whipped 42 – 0 by Ole Miss isn’t a recommendation when you looking to hang onto a job but Geoff Collins Georgia Tech team did get whipped by the Rebels 42 – 0 and Collins records in 4 seasons at Tech now stand at
Overall: 10 – 27
ACC: 7 – 19
The Yellowjackets have left in 2022
At UCF At Pitt Duke Virginia At Florida State At Virginia Tech Miami At North Carolina At Georgia
Turn out the Lights
7. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – We finally found an offense more inept than Jimbo Fisher’s Aggies offense
The Miami Offense = What A Total Disaster It Is Mario!
and luckily for Jimbo Ole Mario Cristobal has his hands in the Canes offense just like he did at Oregon which F-Up the Ducks offense totally and it looks like that’s continuing in Miami!
Back to Jimbo who got a Total Gift from the Canes on Saturday to move the Aggies record to 2 – 1 on the season with these games left
Arkansas in Dallas At Mississippi State At Alabama At South Carolina Ole Miss Florida At Auburn UMass LSU
Geez…the Aggies loses to the Razorbacks on Sunday they might not win another game until they host UMass on November 19!
Our guess is the Aggies win 4 or 5 of their remaining games to finish at 6 – 6 or 7 – 5 and that would be $38 Million Dollars paid to Jimbo Fisher to do something that
Bozo the Clown coulda done for $100K a year = $500K Total!
8. Scott Satterfield, Louisville – With the loss to Florida State on Saturday to drop the Louisville record to 1 – 2 on the season that leaves Satterfield’s record at Louisville now at
Overall: 19 – 21
ACC: 12 – 16
That’s Pitiful…Damn Pitiful and Louisville has left in 2022
South Florida At Boston College Virginia Pitt Wake Forest James Madison At Clemson NC State At Kentucky
Maybe Louisville can get to 6 wins in 2022 but should Satterfield’s 4 th season at Louisville be about Maybe getting to 6 wins?
9. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern – A couple of weeks ago we thought that Northwestern beating Nebraska was something but now we know
A Wet Paper Sack could be the Huskers
and now Pat Fitzgerald team loses at home in back-to-back games to
Duke Southern Illinois
Whatever they are paying Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern if it’s over 10 cents per game it’s way Damn too much because this is just a
Total Damn Disgrace
and couldn’t have happened to a Bigger Ass who believes his ass spun up the entire Universe when his ass hasn’t worked a day in his Pitiful Life off the Northwestern campus and he couldn’t run a lemonade stand in downtown Evanston on the best Damn day of his Damn life!
If you are going to be a Total Damn Arrogant Ass Patty Boy
Win some Damn Football Games Son and don’t lose…wait for it…to
Southern Illinois at home Son!
10. Tim Albin, Ohio – Since taking over a Pretty, Pretty Good football program from Frank Solich at Ohio Ole Tim Albin has now posted records of
Overall: 4 – 11
MAC: 3 – 5
and now at 1 – 2 on the year the Bobcats have left in 2022
Fordham At Kent State Akron At Western Michigan Northern Illinois Buffalo At Miami (Ohio) At Ball State Bowling Green
1. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – If you want to see a football team that has Totally Tuned out their Head Coach + Assistant Coaches put on tape of the Appy State at Texas A&M game from Saturday and you will see…
Lots of Aggies players playing at 50% or Less Effort who don’t give 1 Damn Rip what Jimbo Fisher says, does, or Damn anything else for that matter!
We been telling anyone that will listen that Jimbo Fisher has created a Helluva Problem in Aggieland by becoming King Jimbo and not being involved with Players on a daily basis and that reality has now reached Gameday and we could be looking at a Total Tailspin and Massive Crash & Burn with the Aggies if they lose another game and….
Here comes the Miami Hurricanes under new Head Coach Mario Cristobal to Aggieland which gonna pop the Aggies in the mouth and make em like it!
Lose to Miami in this spot with Arkansas in Dallas on deck and then this schedule…
At Mississippi State At Alabama At South Carolina Ole Miss Florida At Auburn UMass LSU
…Jimbo and the Aggies be Damn Lucky to win 6 games in 2022 and Jimbo wins less than 8 Wins this season according to our Aggies alum buddies…
“We are going to run Jimbo’s ass right out of the State of Texas forget about just College Station!”
Most Amazing Thing about Aggies loss to Appy State on Saturday is that was…wait for it…
Jimbo Fisher’s 50 th Freaking Football Game Coaching Texas A&M and that is what he has built in 50 games…what he put on the field against the Mountaineers?
How can Jimbo Fisher even go into work and collect a paycheck after that Total Horseshit Crapola he and the Aggies Coaches put on the field Saturday?
Shameful comes to mind but it’s worse than that…this is Borderline Flat-Out Quitting As Coaches!
If the Aggies don’t show up against Miami on Saturday then Jimbo and the entire Aggies staff should be fired and bring in some Pee Wee Coaches to coach the Aggies who actually Give A Damn and will get A&M ready to play football games!
We may just have 2 College Football Programs passing each other at Kyle Field on Saturday….
Miami headed UP
Texas A&M headed back to the Dumpster on Fire going down river!
2. Jeff Scott, South Florida – With a Win over Howard on Saturday Ole Jeff Scott has now won….wait for it…4 games at USF in 3 seasons and Ole Scott may not win another game for awhile >
At Florida At Louisville East Carolina At Cincinnati Tulane At Houston At Temple SMU At Tulsa UCF
We be stunned if USF won more than 1 more game in 2022….Totally Stunned!
3. David Shaw, Stanford – If not for Lincoln Riley calling off the Trojans Offense against Stanford in the 2 nd half USC would have easily scored 100+ points on David Shaw’s Cardinal which really is no longer a…
Football Team or Football Program
It’s just now….Damn Nothing!
Disgraceful come to mind
Pitiful comes to mind
But what really comes to mind is that the Super Duper Tea Party Candy Ass Football Program that David Shaw has allowed Stanford Football to become is a…
Total Disgrace to Stanford University and to the Game of Football in America!
This isn’t Football that is Stanford is playing….it’s Sub Tiddly-Winks with Candy Asses everywhere you look that couldn’t punch there way out of a wet paper sack on the best Damn day of their lives!
Now at 1 – 1 Shaw and Stanford have left…
At Washington At Oregon Oregon State At Notre Dame Arizona State At UCLA Washington State At Utah At California BYU
Geez…what now…Stanford might win 4 games total in 2022? Maybe…if they are Damn Lucky!
It’s Just A Damn Freaking Disgrace!
4. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – On Saturday Karl Dorrell coached his 20 the game as the Head Coach at Colorado against Air Force and…wait for it…
The Buffs got TOTALLY DESTROYED by the score of 41 – 10!
Why exactly Karl Dorrell was hired at Colorado we will never know because the hire made…
No Damn Sense if your ass actually watched Karl coach at UCLA
Your ass has a 2+ IQ!
Karl Dorrell is a terrific guy and human being and we wish his ass was winning at Colorado but this….
Is A Damn Disgrace to the University of Colorado and Football in America!
Now at 0 – 2 on the season the Buffs have left in 2022…
At Minnesota UCLA At Arizona California At Oregon State Arizona State Oregon At USC At Washington Utah
Geez…the Buffs might not win a game in 2022!
We’ll go 2 – 10 record for Colorado in 2022 as a guess and our humble opinion!
5. Scot Loeffler, Bowling Green – With the loss to FCS Eastern Kentucky on Saturday Bowling Green Head Coach Scot Loeffler’s records in 4 seasons at the school are now…
Overall: 7 – 24 MAC: 4 – 17
Nothing else needs to said or written on Loeffler!
6. Marcus Freeman, Notre Dame – We have been watching Notre Dame Football since the early 1970s and since the Irish play USC and Stanford every season we have seen lots of Notre Dame games in person in South Bend, Los Angeles, Palo Alto, and at bowl games and here’s what we know about Notre Dame Football!
No one with a 2+ IQ and/or has watched 1 Down of Football in their lives on any Damn level would hire…
Someone to be the Head Coach at Notre Dame unless they have been a SUCCESSFUL College Head Coach before!
Hiring an Assistant Coach at Notre Dame who never even sniffed a Head Coaching Job forget about being SUCCESSFUL in that job is…
Total and Complete Stupidity and Level of Human Ignorance that goes beyond the 2003 Iraq War which only a…
Total Damn Moron would have launched and George W. Bush is one of the Stupidest Bastards we ever run into and we known W since the early 1980s!
Memo to Marcus Freeman since your ass knows NOTHING about being Head Coach Son >
Your ONLY JOB Son is to deliver your football team to Gameday….wait for it…
READY TO PLAY FOOTBALL!
We are not talking about having a Great Gameplan and making sure your football team is ready on the physical side to play the game….Any Damn Moron Coach can do that if he has a 2+ IQ…we are talking about something far more important Son…
Making Damn Sure Your Football Team is READY To Play the Game!
The Irish on Saturday were…
NOT READY TO PLAY Marshall and that…
WAS YOUR ONLY DAMN JOB KID which your ass is being paid Millions of Dollars to do and if you can’t do that Son guess what…
Your Ass Is Going To Get Run…and after Season 1!
This is the Damn Leagues Son not Podunk U so Get Off Your Damn Ass and Coach the Notre Dame Football Team and don’t you dare lose to California on Saturday….or your ass might get run right after the game! Kidding of course now…but highly recommend you don’t lose to Cal because if you do Son the folks with the $$$ around Notre Dame gonna start talking about putting a pot of $$$ together to buy you and Jack out!
7. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – The Complete Destruction of Navy Football continues under Ken Niumatalolo with a loss to Memphis by 3+ touchdowns on Saturday and in the last 3 seasons Kenny Boy has put up records of…
3 – 7 4 – 8 0 – 2
…and we don’t see any end in sight of this Total Damn Madness and Complete Destruction of Navy Football…until Ken and his Candy Ass Football is…
Banished from the US Naval Academy….FOREVER!
End This Damn Idiocy already!
8. Butch Jones, Arkansas State – With the Arkansas State loss to Ohio State by score of 45 – 12 on Saturday Butch Jones records at ASU now stand at…
Overall: 3 – 11
Sun Belt: 1 – 7
…and the Sun Belt just proved it’s No Damn Joke on Saturday so with these games left…
At Memphis At Old Dominion La. Monroe James Madison At Southern Miss At Louisiana South Alabama UMass Texas State Troy
…..it ain’t gonna be easy to get the Red Wolves to 6 wins in 2022 and the Arkansas State folks are exactly patient with coaches that don’t get them to at least 6 wins every season!
9. Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech – The Yellow Jackets beat Western Carolina on Saturday which is Geoff Collins…
10 th Win in 4 seasons at Georgia Tech
…and with these games left on the schedule…
Ole Miss At UCF At Pitt Duke Virginia At Florida State At Virginia Tech Miami At North Carolina At Georgia
….it ain’t exactly like there are lots of Wins left on Tech’s schedule now!
We’ll guess 4 – 8 and see if Collins can beat our guess!
10. Steve Sarkisian, Texas – Sometimes you gotta wonder about a Coach like Sarkisian calling pass plays from inside the 5 yard-line with a Freshman QB on the field that ends up getting the Freshman QB injured and out of a game where he’s playing some good football, but these are things that…
Great Coaches Think About and A Great Coach
…is not Damn throwing the ball from the 2-yard line and getting his Freshman QB hurt when playing Alabama when you had to know Bama would be coming after his ass!
We really also don’t have Damn Clue what Alabama OC Bill O’Brien was doing on Saturday who easily called one of the…
Worst Offensive Games in recent College Football History
…throwing the ball lots when Alabama could have used their running game to pound Texas and hang onto the football but…
Arrogant Asses have to prove their Ass can do something and Billy Boy called lots of pass plays to prove what exactly…that his ass could?
In a game Alabama should have won by 2+ Touchdowns on Billy Boy with Little Nicky listening in on the headset called Dumb Play after Dumb Play and if Texas could tackle as well as Aunt Mildred they easily beat Alabama or if Sark would just…
Run the Damn Ball at the Endzone he doesn’t get his Freshman QB hurt and Texas wins the game!
Stupid…Just Plain Stupidity on both side of this Bama – Horns game!
Now at 1 – 1 when Texas should be 2 – 0 and rolling with a win over Alabama the Horns have left in 2022…
UTSA At Texas Tech West Virginia Oklahoma Iowa State At Oklahoma State At Kansas State TCU At Kansas Baylor
Texas could easily lose to UTSA at home and the rest of those games are No Damn Joke either including at Kansas so don’t think that just because Sark and Texas gave Alabama a good game…remember now..
Billy Boy O’Brien Dumber than Anyone on Earth…well not as Dumb as George W Bush now
….that they will roll rest of the 2022 because their asses could easily lose 5+ games this season and that happens…
Week 1 of the 2022 College Football Season was interesting alright, but especially interesting for the Coaches on the Hot Seat and has set-up some fascinating games in the coming weeks that could lead to some…
Big Job Openings in 2022
…and with that let’s bring out the Late Great Johnny Cash!
1. Scott Frost, Nebraska – It’s hard to know what to make of the 2022 Nebraska football team but they seem to be playing a lot like the Scott Frost Nebraska teams of the past few years and seeing that Cornhuskers were tied with North Dakota at half on their home field on Saturday at 7 – 7 one can only Sigh and wonder just where in the Hell this train is going?
Nowhere it looks like to us…Just Damn Nowhere!
Now at 1 – 1 on the season Nebraska has left…
Georgia Southern Oklahoma Indiana At Rutgers At Purdue Illinois Minnesota At Michigan Wisconsin At Iowa
…and a Birdie in Omaha with 2 University of Nebraska degrees on this wall in his office told us this past Sunday that….
“Frost is going to need 7…maybe 8 wins…to come back next season.”
Well…can Nebraska get to 7 wins with the above schedule?
Probably Not and No Chance in Hell Huskers get to 7 wins in 2022 if they continue to play the way they played in the first two games of the season!
2. Jeff Scott, South Florida – The Hits Keep Coming for Jeff Scott at South Florida with an opening game ROUT by BYU of the Bulls by the score of…
50 – 21
…which drops Scott’s overall record at USF to….
3 – 19
South Florida has left in 2022…
Howard At Florida At Louisville East Carolina At Cincinnati Tulane At Houston At Temple SMU At Tulsa UCF
Geez…that’s a Tough Schedule and will lead to a…
3 – 9…maybe 4 – 8 at BEST record for USF in 2022 and no doubt if that happens a Very Damn Good Job will come open in Tampa come December!
3. Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech looked against Clemson much liked they looked the 3 seasons…
Not Very Well Coached and Often Confused
We don’t know what is going on at Georgia Tech practices but it ain’t good in our humble opinion and with this left on the Tech schedule…
Western Carolina Ole Miss At UCF At Pitt Duke Virginia At Florida State At Virginia Tech Miami At North Carolina At Georgia
…there ain’t a chance in Hell of Tech winning more than 4 games in 2022 and a Very Damn Good Job will come open in Atlanta come December!
4. David Shaw, Stanford – Every since Stanford Football went to…
Total Cream Puff Offseason Conditioning Program
Total Powder Puff Football Practices
…before the 2019 season the Stanford program has been in a Total Damn Freefall and it’s…
No Surprise to Anyone with a 2+ IQ
…because when your ass is running a…
Total Creampuff and Total Powder Puff Operation guess what your ass becomes…
Worthless Candy Asses = Stanford Football Today!
In the last 3+ seasons under David Shaw the Cardinal record now stands at…
12 – 24
…and of those 12 Wins..
Only 4 were against teams with .500+ records!
For all intents purposes…
Stanford Football No Longer Exists on The Farm…it’s just a Big Collection of Worthless Candy Asses that a Sorority Powder Puff Team could whip and make the Cardinal Players like it!
What will happen on Saturday when USC comes to town in the 2 nd game under Lincoln Riley?
The Stanford Cardinal will Huff and Puff and Talk Tough…and then Run and Hide like the Damn Cowards they as they get their asses whipped in their own stadium!
Cue Jed Clampett….
5. Steve Sarkisian, Texas – We fully expect Nicky Saban to keep a tight reign on his Alabama football team on Saturday and not blow the Longhorns out of their own stadium because mainly what Nick wants to see happen…
Steve Sarkisian to stay at Texas for as long as possible because the Last Damn Thing Nick wants is someone coaching at Texas that knows what the Hell he is doing as they come into the SEC Conference!
We will go a 20 to 24 point win for Bama over Texas which will leave the Horns at 1 – 1 on the season with these games left…
UTSA At Texas Tech West Virginia Oklahoma Iowa State At Oklahoma State At Kansas State TCU At Kansas Baylor
IF and it’s a big IF Texas can beat UTSA in Week 3 it’s still going to be very hard for Texas to get to 6 wins in 2022 with that schedule…..Very Damn Hard!
Could Steve Sarkisian survive posting back-to-back losing seasons in his first 2 seasons at Texas?
6. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – Karl Dorrell is a great guy but for the life of us we haven’t a Damn Clue why Colorado AD Rick George hired Dorrell before the 2020 season and after seeing first year Head Coach Sonny Dykes bring his new TCU team into Boulder and whip Karl’s ass in his 3 rd season at CU we gotta wonder Rick…
What Really Son was your ass thinking when you hired Karl Dorrell?
Dorrell is now…
Overall: 8 – 11 Pac-12: 6 – 7
…and has these games left to play in 2022…
At Air Force At Minnesota UCLA At Arizona California At Oregon State Arizona State Oregon At USC At Washington Utah
If you can find 6 wins for Colorado on the above schedule you are better folks than us!
7. Scott Loeffler, Bowling Green – In his 4 th season on the job at Bowling Green Scott Loeffler after the loss to UCLA to open the season is sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 23 MAC: 4 – 17
…and that ain’t good as someone once said and Bowling Green has left to play in 2022…
Eastern Kentucky Marshall At Mississippi State At Akron Miami (Ohio) At Central Michigan Western Michigan Kent State At Toledo At Ohio
Geez….Cue Dandy Don…
8. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – Hey now…Ken Niumatalolo is a great guy but much like David Shaw at Stanford since Kenny Boy went to a…
Total Powder Puff and Cream Puff Navy Football Program
…before the 2020 season he has turned his Navy Sailors into the Biggest Damn Candy Asses this side of the Stanford Football Players who are Bigger Candy Asses than the Navy Players and if the two teams did meet to play a game what we could do is give all of them pillows and they could have a Big Pillow Fight in the middle of the field and then afterwards serve High Tea like the Total Candy Asses both teams are!
Getting back to Navy if the Naval Academy wants to keep putting Total Candy Asses into the US Navy = The Fleet and mind you there are…
15+ US Navy Combat Veterans who are Members at Coaches Hot Seat
…then fine but don’t come to us crying that The Fleet is filling up with a bunch of Worthless Candy Asses that Ole Kenny Boy is turning out who has posted a record the past 3 seasons of since Kenny went Total Powder Puff + Cream Puff of…
7 – 15
….which includes an opening 2022 season loss at home to…wait for it…
Memo to Ken Niumatalolo: Quit being a Worthless Candy Ass Son and Start Coaching Real Football again at the US Naval Academy!
0 – 1 Navy has left in 2022…
Memphis East Carolina At Air Force Tulsa At SMU Houston Temple At Cincinnati Notre Dame At UCF Army
Cue Dandy Don for the Worthless Candy Ass Cowards of the Naval Academy Football Team!
Signed, 15+ US Navy Combat Vets at Coaches Hot Seat
9. Butch Jones, Arkansas State – In Week 1 of the 2022 season Butch Jones and Arkansas State whipped Grambling at home which is like saying they whipped….
Now that football season is actually going to start here is what Arkansas State has coming…
At Ohio State At Memphis At Old Dominion La. Monroe James Madison At Southern Miss At Louisiana South Alabama UMass At Texas State Troy
Maybe Butch Jones can get Arkansas State to 6 wins in 2022….probably not!
10. Scott Satterfield, Louisville – The turning point and downward slide for Scott Satterfield at Louisville is when he secretly and quickly found out by the media interviewed for the South Carolina job after the 2020 season coming off of…wait for it…
4 – 7 season
…and now sitting on records of…
Overall: 18 – 20
ACC: 12 – 15
…the 2022 season is Satterfield’s Waterloo and every loss will make things just that much difficult starting with the game this coming Friday night at UCF which is a MUST WIN for Scott for Damn Sure and then after UCF the Cardinals still have to play…
Florida State South Florida At Boston College At Virginia Pitt Wake Forest James Madison At Clemson NC State At Kentucky
Geez…if Louisville loses to UCF to start 0 – 2 there’s just no way they win 6 of their last 10 games with that schedule and our guess a year from today or rather before Christmas the Head Coach of the Louisville Cardinals football team will be…
It’s hard to believe it but the 2022 College Football Season is upon us and Coaches Hot Seat is back for a 16 th year of covering the CFB Hot Seat Coaches and everything else that comes to our minds! 2021 was a tough year here at Coaches Hot Seat losing a couple of folks and one of the Heart + Souls of Coaches Hot Seat going back to early days back in the Fall of 2006 when a few of us came up with the idea of Coaches Hot Seat at The Balboa Café in the Marina District of San Francisco but we are re-energized for the 2022 CFB Season and with that let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash!
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny!
1. Scott Frost, Nebraska – Hell…we thought by Year 2 that Scott Frost would have Nebraska Football rolling again but the Nebraska Wonder Boy has fallen flat on this face in Lincoln and in 4 seasons on the job is sitting on records of…
Overall: 15 – 29
Big Ten: 10 – 25
….and if that isn’t Total Failure we don’t know what Total Failure and so far Scott Frost at Nebraska has been a…
The Cornhuskers get things rolling early in 2022 with a game in Dublin, Ireland against Northwestern and talk about…
A Helluva Must Win Game
…this is a Helluva On Steroids Must Win Game for Scott Frost because lose in this spot with these games left…
North Dakota Georgia Southern Oklahoma Indiana At Rutgers At Purdue Illinois Minnesota At Michigan Wisconsin At Iowa
…there ain’t a Chance In Hell or Highwater or Lincoln that Frost finishes with a Winning Season and Frost at a bare minimum to stay employed in the Great State of Nebraska has to have…
6 Wins in 2022….Hell he probably needs 7+!
Give Em Hell Scott!
2. Jeff Scott, South Florida – Talk about a Total Failure look at what Jeff Scott has done at South Florida in 2 seasons on the job >
Overall: 3 – 18
AAC: 1 – 14
Bozo the Clown’s pet dog could have posted a better record than what Scott put up the last 2 years at USF and either the boy will get things righted in 2022 or it will over in Tampa!
South Florida 2022 Schedule >
BYU Howard At Florida At Louisville East Carolina At Cincinnati Tulane At Houston SMU At Tulsa UCF
So a kid that has won 3 games in 2 seasons at USF is gonna win 6 games with that schedule in 2022?
Got Not A Chance In Hell?
3. Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech – We are not sure what the folks at Georgia Tech expected when they hired Geoff Collins 3 seasons ago but it ain’t this…
2019: 3 – 9 2020: 3 – 7 2021: 3 – 9
Overall: 9 – 25
ACC: 7 – 18
This is very simple for Geoff Collins…either get to 6+ wins in 2022 with this schedule…
Clemson Western Carolina Ole Miss At UCF At Pitt Duke Virginia At Florida State At Virginia Tech Miami At North Carolina At Georgia
…or it’s Dandy Don Turn Out the Lights the Party’s Over Time!
Got Georgia Tech will have a new head football coach by Christmas?
4. David Shaw, Stanford – The Stanford Folks at Coaches Hot Seat count themselves lucky to have seen the decade long roll that Stanford Football got on between 2009 and 2018 under Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw but now you ask any of them what the Hell is going on on The Farm they will sigh and say…
“It’s a Damn Disaster!”
One Stanford alum at Coaches Hot Seat has gotten to see both Stanford and USC practice in the month of August and his evaluation is…
“USC looks like they are ready to light up the Pac-12 and unleash Hellfire on the Pac-12 and College Football under Lincoln Riley”
“Stanford looks like the Biggest Group of Candy Ass Cotton Candy No Damn Hit Anyone Tea Party Holding Lightweights this side of Pee Wee Herman! Check that…Pee Wee Herman is Tough as Nails compared to these Candy Asses and the last few year’s Stanford team that would be lucky to punch out a hole in a wet In-n-Out bag holding the hamburger and fries that I ate in disgust after seeing Stanford Football practice!”
It Be True…Stanford Football has gone from Winning the Pac-12 and Rose Bowl and 2015 to only 7 years later…
The Biggest Bunch of No Tackling and No Hitting and No Football Playing Candy Asses in America and we have no doubt we could take..
Dozen 50+ year olds down to The Farm and whip the Hell out of David Shaw’s Not A Damn Football Team in a game and in a physical fight after the game and make David and all his Cardinal Candy Asses like it!
The last 3 seasons David Shaw has put up records of…
Overall: 11 – 19
Pac-12: 9 – 15
…and the Cardinal has to face in 2022…
Colgate USC At Washington At Oregon Oregon State At Notre Dame Arizona State At UCLA Washington State At Utah At California BYU
Got there is No Damn Chance of Stanford finishing with 6 wins in 2022?
Yep…and if Lincoln Riley and USC comes to The Farm and whips the Cardinal in Week 2 the Damn Team may just flat-out quit on Shaw and Shaw will find his ass fired from his alma mater before the 2022 season is over and if that happens the entire Damn Stanford Athletic Department Leadership will be fired as well because they have let Shaw turn Stanford Football into the…
Biggest Joke West of the Mississippi River in the American Republic that will only get a lot worse in 2022!
5. Steve Sarkisian, Texas – The Texas Boosters have cranked-up their NIL Machine to help Sark to start landing some talent in Austin but will Sark make it to coach the 2023 season at Texas whether the latest Manning Boy is coming to Texas or not?
Sark was 5 – 7 in his only season on the job at Texas and No Texas Head Coach has survived 2 straight losing seasons in the modern era of college football and we really doubt that Sark could survive it either so on to the Texas 2022 schedule >
La. Monroe Alabama UTSA At Texas Tech West Virginia Oklahoma Iowa State At Oklahoma State At Kansas State TCU At Kansas Baylor
Geez…7 wins….maybe for Texas in 2022!
We could easily see Texas winning only 5 games again in 2022 and how in the Hell could Sark be retained at Texas if he posts losing seasons in his only two seasons on the job?
Not a Chance in Hell Sark could or would coach Texas in 2023 if that happens!
6. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Dino Babers has 1 Winning Season in his 6 seasons coaching Syracuse and we really doubt that Dino be able to have another losing season coaching the Orange and keep his job so on to the Syracuse 2022 schedule…
Louisville At UConn Purdue Virginia Wagner NC State At Clemson Notre Dame At Pitt Florida State At Wake Forest At Boston College
Damn…that’s a HARD football schedule and if Syracuse is not 4 – 1 when NC State shows up to the Carrier Dome on October 15 there’s not a Chance In Hell the Orange get to 6 wins in 2022!
Get Yourself Together Dino!
7. Butch Jones, Arkansas State – We don’t have any idea why the Arkansas State folks hired Butch Jones a year ago but they did and Butch in Year 1 put up a record of…
2 – 10
Another losing season and Butch is done at Arkansas State so let’s go to the Red Wolves 2022 schedule >
Grambling At Ohio State At Memphis At Old Dominion La. Monroe James Madison At Southern Miss At Louisiana South Alabama UMass Texas State Troy
Come on Butch…Bozo the Clown win 6 games with this schedule coaching Arkansas State even if he started 1 – 3!
8. Jedd Fisch, Arizona – We are still not sure why Jedd Fisch was hired at Arizona but somehow he was and in Year 1 on the job Jedd put up a record of…wait for it…
1 – 11
Let’s look at the Wildcats 2022 schedule to see how long this Fisch Experiment is going to last in Tucson >
At San Diego State Mississippi State North Dakota State At California Colorado Oregon At Washington USC At Utah At UCLA Washington State Arizona State
2 Seasons…that’s how long the Jedd Fisch Experiment will last in Tucson!
9. Tim Albin, Ohio – Taking over a solid Ohio Football program from Frank Solich Ole Tim Albin promptly in Year 1 coaching the Bobcats put up a record of…wait for it…
3 – 9
Just ain’t no way Albin survives if he has another season like that in 2022 and looking at the Ohio schedule…
Florida Atlantic At Penn State At Iowa State Fordham At Kent State Akron At Western Michigan Northern Illinois Buffalo At Miami (OH) At Ball State Bowling Green
…just no way Albin is coaching Ohio in 2023!
10. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – In 2 seasons at Colorado Karl Dorrell has posted records of…
Overall: 8 – 10
Pac-12: 6 – 7
…and in what has become a Very Weak Pac-12 Conference and that’s…
Not So Good Karl!
Let’s go to the Buffs 2022 schedule >
TCU At Air Force At Minnesota UCLA At Arizona California At Oregon State Arizona State Oregon At USC At Washington Utah
No idea how Colorado gets 6 wins in 2022…just no idea!
Well we are off and running for the 2022 College Football Season and…
Before we get to the Post Week 4 Coaches Hot Seat Ranking Analysis we first must throw out a few comments about the UCLA – Stanford game on Saturday night.
In our opinion if Stanford starting QB Keller Chryst does not get injured against UCLA on Saturday the Cardinal loses to a very Damn average Bruins team with Chryst being replaced by 3 rd string QB K. J. Costello who up to this point has not had enough reps in Stanford practices to have been turned into a Clone by the Cloner Stanford Football Coaches and now we are worried as Hell that the Cloners will turn their full attention to Costello in practice and turn Costello’s rear-end to a Clone as well! The reality is that two great Stanford QBs Andrew Luck and Kevin Hogan did in achieving great success did what K. J. Costello did so well against UCLA which was make plays moving around on the field and not standing like a stick-man in the backfield like Chryst tends to do, and if David Shaw and the Stanford coaches turn Costello into a stick-man then the Cardinal will have a Helluva time even winning 6 games in 2017 so let’s sure the Hell hope they don’t turn Costello into a…
….because Stanford now at 2 – 2 on the season still has a tough schedule to navigate against:
Arizona State At Utah Oregon At Oregon State At Washington State Washington California Notre Dame
Memo to David Shaw and Mike Bloomgren: Let E. J. Costello be E. J. Costello and stop the Damn Cloner Bullshit at the QB position Boys!
Week 4 was a good week for several head coaches on the Hot Seat but there were several coaches that put themselves into positions where they have very little margin for error in the rest of the 2017 season and with that mind let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to send a message to these Hot Seat coaches!
1. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – It’s been a long time ago but a couple of Coaches Hot Seat members seem to remember a comment made by Bill Walsh when someone said that a…
“That coach has had bad luck because he is losing a lot of close games”
…to which Coach responded to by saying….
“Why in the Hell is that coach and team playing so many close games?”
The main problem with Bret Bielema at Arkansas is that in his 5 th year the school we don’t have a Damn clue what the Hogs offense is trying to do and the Hogs defense has changed so many times the past 5 seasons that it’s no surprise the players don’t play at any kind of consistent level especially at a level that a defense needs to play to compete and win in the SEC.
To give everyone some kind of perspective at how much Bret Bielema is underperforming at Arkansas look at former Hogs head coach Houston Nutt’s record at the school taking over an equal or worse disaster from Danny Ford (8 – 14 in his last two seasons at UA) than what Bielema inherited from Petrino/Smith:
Houston Nutt – 1998 – 2002
Overall: 39 – 23 (.629)
SEC: 22 – 18 (.550)
Bret Bielema – 2013 – 2017
Overall: 26 – 28 (.481)
SEC: 10 – 23 (.303)
If Bret Bielema and Arkansas won the remaining 9 games on their 2017 schedule to finish at 10 – 2 Bielema would still not even be at the level Houston Nutt posted after 5 seasons at the school and that should tell you all you need to know about how underachieving Bielema has been at Arkansas and with these games left to be played is there anyone that thinks the Hogs are winning out?
New Mexico State At South Carolina At Alabama Auburn At Ole Miss Coastal Carolina At LSU Mississippi State Missouri
Our guess based on the way that Arkansas has played under Bret Bielema over the past 54 games the Hogs win….
4 maybe 5 more games
….which at best would give Arkansas a 6 – 6 record in Bielema’s 5 th season in Fayetteville and luckily for Bret he is at a place that…
Celebrates and Pays A Helluva Lot of Money for Average or Worse!
2. David Beaty, Kansas – David Beaty is in his 3 rd season as the head coach at Kansas and after the loss to West Virginia at home on Saturday he has posted records of….
Overall: 3 – 25
SEC: 1 – 18
…and if that is acceptable to the folks in the Great State of Kansas then…
Bless Their Hearts!
Kansas has games left to be played against…
Texas Tech At Iowa State At TCU Kansas State Baylor At Texas Oklahoma At Oklahoma State
….and if the Jayhawks win another game in 2017 we will be SHOCKED not that we would be SHOCKED that the folks at Kansas will continue to…
Celebrate Way Damn Below Average
…because after all we are talking about the…
University of Kansas
…which is where…
Average or Worse Meets the Great American Plains!
3. Mark Whipple, UMass – Mark Whipple and UMass played a solid game against a barely Damn awake Tennessee team in Knoxville on Saturday but another loss is another loss and in the last four seasons being back at the school Whipple has posted a record of…
8 – 33
….and the Minutemen still have to play this season these games:
Ohio At USF Georgia Southern Appalachian State At Mississippi State Maine At BYU At FIU
UMass, even if they play like they did against the Vols, maybe have 1 or 2 wins on the board at the end of the season and if that is acceptable to the folks at UMass then why should we be mad at those folks for accepting…
Very Damn and even Below Average?
3. Barry Odom, Missouri – Right now former Mizzou football player and grad Barry Odom is trending as the head coach at Mizzou into very dangerous territory with what looks like to us a football team coming apart at the seams at the exact moment with 16 games under Odom’s belt when the Tigers should be showing signs that Odom’s influence is starting to improve a team that went…
5 – 7
…in Gary Pinkel’s last year at the school in 2015.
Consider the below NCAA rankings among 129 teams for a moment when you also consider that Barry Odom was the defensive coordinator at Missouri and Memphis before taking over the head coaching job at Mizzou:
Total Defense: 107
Rushing Defense: 101
Scoring Defense: 122
Oh…Mizzou is averaging giving up….
40 points per game!
Hmmm…what exactly is going on at Mizzou right now is a Helluva question that we cannot answer since we don’t know any folks really close to the program but from the outside looking in watching the Tigers it’s our opinion…
Barry Odom is not getting anywhere near 100% from his players
…and maybe Odom realizes that and that is why he had that meltdown after getting his team’s ass whipped by Auburn on Saturday and if you are getting less than 100% effort from your players and still have to play the below games you are in a Helluva bad spot!
At Kentucky At Georgia Idaho At UConn Florida Tennessee At Vanderbilt At Arkansas
What…Mizzou will win probably 3 games in Barry Odom’s second year at the school?
Not good…no make that a…Total Damn Disaster for Mizzou Football!
5. Jim Mora, UCLA – Several of us at Coaches Hot Seat got to see Jim Mora’s UCLA Bruins up close the other night at the Stanford game and in our opinion it’s pretty easy to see why the Bruins are….
8 – 13
…in their last 21 games under Mora and that is because in our humble opinion…
UCLA is a poorly coached football team that is getting about 60% out of the talent on its roster
Why is that exactly?
We haven’t a Damn clue but from watching the UCLA sideline in the Stanford game we got a whiff of….
“Whatever the Hell happens it doesn’t really matter!”
….and now at 2 – 2 on the season which includes a win over Texas A&M in a game that the Bruins had no business winning UCLA still has left to play:
Colorado At Arizona Oregon At Washington At Utah Arizona State At USC California
Our opinion…if UCLA plays like it did against Stanford in their remaining 8 games they will be Damn Lucky to win 4 games in 2017!
6. Butch Jones, Tennessee – We are not quite sure what is going on at Tennessee because watching the UMass – Vols game it looked like the Tennessee players were playing hard against a severely overmatched UMass team which makes us wonder if we have reached the point where Butch Jones coaching is actually taking away from the Vols chance of success instead of adding to it and that goes right to the heart of successful coaching because EVERY coach should add to his players ability to win not taking away from it and the rest of 2017 will show if our opinion is right or not with these games still left on the board for the 3 – 1 Vols:
Georgia South Carolina At Alabama At Kentucky Southern Miss At Missouri LSU Vanderbilt
Tennessee has plenty of talent to win 9 or 10 games in 2017 with FIVE remaining games at home and road games at Kentucky and at Missouri where the Vols will have a major advantage in talent but how many games will Tennessee win in 2017?
Our guess if they continue to play the way they have so far in 2017:
If Tennessee only wins 7 games in 2017 the Vols will be looking for a new head football coach come December.
7. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M – With Kevin Sumlin needing 10+ wins in 2017 to return to coach the Aggies in 2018 he can only wish that he and his coaching staff didn’t totally mismanage the second half of the UCLA games because the Aggies would now be at…
4 – 0
…instead of 3 – 1 but with 3 wins on the board Sumlin still has a chance to get to 10 wins IF the Aggies win 7 of their last 8 games against:
South Carolina Alabama At Florida Mississippi State Auburn New Mexico At Ole Miss At LSU
Good Luck with that Kevin Sumlin!
8. Todd Graham, Arizona State – Maybe Todd Graham has figured out with an Arizona State defense that cannot stop ANYONE that the only way the Aztecs are going to win ANY football games is to score a Helluva lot of points and that is what ASU did against Oregon on Saturday scoring…
…and if Todd Graham is going to save his job he should tell his coaching staff our goal for each game left on the 2017 schedule is to score…
40+ points in EVERY game
…and with Graham needing 7 or 8 wins at least to return to coach the Aztecs in 2018 Arizona State has a chance to move to 3 – 2 with a win over Stanford on Saturday IF they can score 40+ points on The Farm!
How many of the below remaining games can Arizona State reasonably win?
At Stanford Washington At Utah USC Colorado At UCLA At Oregon State Arizona
If they score 40+ points in all of the above games they can win 5+ games but if they score 30 or less points in each game….maybe 2 or 3 games…so there you go Todd Graham!
9. Mike Riley, Nebraska – The word from our good and long-time Nebraska-alum friends in Omaha is that anything less than 10+ wins by Mike Riley in 2017 and the Huskers will be looking for a new head football coach in a couple of months and we have been told that potential coaches for Nebraska are already being vetted because the folks at the University of Nebraska know if they do have to make a coaching change this year they…
MUST find the right coach
…because another mediocre to bad hire which can be argued the Huskers have done every time save Frank Solich in the post-Tom Osborne years is what makes next hire at Nebraska so Damn critical!
Now at 2 – 2 on the season with these games left to be played for Mike Riley and Nebraska let’s see if the Huskers can get to 10 wins in 2017:
At Illinois Wisconsin Ohio State At Purdue Northwestern At Minnesota At Penn State Iowa
We don’t see the Huskers winning out and you know what the Hell that means!
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – After the loss to Clemson on Saturday the win/loss numbers in Steve Addazio’s FIVE seasons at Boston College aren’t pretty…
Overall: 25 – 30
ACC: 10 – 23
….and one would think that anything less than 6 wins in 2017 and the Addazio-era will mercifully be brought to an end at BC.
Can Boston College win 5 of their last 8 games in 2017 with the below games remaining?
Central Michigan Virginia Tech At Louisville At Virginia Florida State NC State UConn At Syracuse
Week 2 was interesting on the MUST WIN Game front with coaches under lots of the pressure going…
4 – 6
….in their MUST WIN Games which just turns up the HEAT even more on those coaches that lost, and in Week 3 there are 18 CFB Head Coaches facing MUST WIN Games and with that in mind we ask the Eagles and Randy Meisner to motivate these Coaches + Teams To Take It To the Limit to get a win in these games. Bring It Randy!
Rich Rodriguez, Arizona vs. UTEP – Going back to the loss to Washington State at home in 2015 in Arizona’s last 20 games Rich Rodriguez has posted a record of…
6 – 14
…which his nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster for Arizona Football and thus after a home loss to Houston there is just No Damn Way Rodriguez and his Wildcats can lose to UTEP in El Paso on Friday night. If Rodriguez did lose this game to an UTEP coach in Sean Kugler who is also on the Hot Seat and has posted a record of 18 – 33 in four-plus seasons on the job then RichRod might as well call the movers on the way back to Tucson because it’s….
….time in the desert!
Mark Whipple, UMass vs. Temple – In the last four seasons Mark Whipple has posted a record at UMass of…
8 – 31
…and one would think sooner or later one would have to start winning some football games to keep your job…even at UMass…right?
Yep…Temple is a MUST WIN Game for Mark Whipple and the Minuteman but we don’t give them much of a chance to win this MUST WIN Game!
Scottie Montgomery, East Carolina vs. Virginia Tech– Scottie Montgomery’s East Carolina football team is in a mini-meltdown with the defensive coordinator being let go and Montgomery off to an 0 – 2 start in 2017 after posting a 3 – 9 record last season and now here comes Virginia Tech showing up in Week 3 in a MUST WIN Game spot is far from optimal, but with a game against USF on deck beating the Hokies is a MUST WIN because a loss here and the Pirates might not win a game in 2017!
Coach against Virginia Tech like your job is on the line Scottie Montgomery…because it is!
David Shaw, Stanford vs. San Diego State – A few Coaches Hot Seat members were at the LA Coliseum for the Stanford – USC game last Saturday and it was apparent in the pregame that the Trojans were JACKED to play the Cardinal and that it was going to take 40+ points to beat USC which Stanford didn’t have in them even if David Shaw had coached the game to score 40+ points…which he didn’t!
Now here come a road game at San Diego State which just beat Arizona State in Tempe and this is truly a cross-roads game for Stanford in 2017 because a loss to the Aztecs means that EVERY team left on the Cardinal schedule can beat Stanford but a win in this spot to improve to 2 – 1 with UCLA and Arizona State at home on The Farm up next Stanford will have a chance to get things rolling in 2017…but first they MUST BEAT San Diego State in what is a MUST WIN Game for David Shaw and his football team.
Be ready a battle boys and if you are not ready to fight…just stay in northern California because the Aztecs will whip and embarrass your asses for all the country to see!
Gary Andersen, Oregon State vs. Washington State – We consider Oregon State to be a school that in today’s world where there are several strong teams in the Pac-12 North Division as a place where a solid head coach will win 6 to 7 games a year and take the Beavers to a bowl game every season. In 14 seasons as the head coach at Oregon State Mike Riley posted a record of…
93 – 80
…and took the Beavers to a postseason bowl game in…
8 of the 14 seasons
…so in our opinion Mike Riley fell short of what Oregon State Football should be especially considering that the Pac-12 North division is a lot tougher division today than it was in the past.
Gary Andersen is a solid football coach but he will have to recruit and coach at a high level to get Oregon State to 6+ wins year in and year out and after a 1 – 1 start that includes getting blasted by Colorado State and barely beating Portland State this Saturday’s match-up with Washington State is a MUST WIN Game with the following games on deck…
Washington At USC Colorado Stanford
Yep…beating the Cougs is a MUST WIN Game for Gary Andersen and the Beavers!
Butch Jones, Tennessee vs. Florida – Butch Jones is a Tennessee player from not making a hustle play in the 4 th quarter against Georgia Tech to cause a fumble giving the Vols the chance to win in overtime and start the 2017 season at 2 – 0 instead of 1 – 1 after a win over Cupcake Indiana State and now the actual season begins for Tennessee with a MUST WIN Game at The Swamp against Florida on Saturday.
If Tennessee did lose to the Gators on Saturday Butch Jones record in SEC Conference play in his last 7 SEC games would drop to…
2 – 5
….and Jones would find his ass heating up again with the 4 following games coming right at the Vols:
Georgia South Carolina At Alabama At Kentucky
Yep….we recommend Butch Jones and Tennessee find a way to beat Florida on Saturday or back up the Hot Seat Rankings Butch Jones will climb!
Jim McElwain, Florida vs. Tennessee – In two-plus seasons at Florida Jim McElwain has posted impressive records of…
Overall: 19 – 9
SEC: 13 – 3
….but this is FLORIDA Football we are talking about here where any coach should be able to drop a few footballs by the practice field and the Gators would win 8+ games a season if the coaches have recruited at all and thus we are going to hold Jim McElwain and ANY Florida Football coach to a very high standard.
The problem for Jim McElwain and Florida after the opening season debacle game against Michigan which exposed a Gators offense that can be easily shutdown is that a loss in this spot to the Vols to drop to 0 – 2 with these games coming up….
Vanderbilt LSU Texas A&M Georgia (Jacksonville) At Missouri At South Carolina UAB Florida State
….it’s not hard to imagine Florida not getting 6 wins in 2017 with the Northern Colorado game being cancelled and if Jim McElwain doesn’t win 6 games this season he will need to win 10+ games in 2018 or his ass will be sent packing out of Gainesville!
Jim Mora, UCLA vs. Memphis – Most people don’t realize how important..make that VITAL….it was for Jim Mora and UCLA to come back and beat Texas A&M in their opening game because after dispatching Hawaii in Week 2 the schedule gets a lot tougher beginning with a game…
….on Saturday and if the Bruins did lose to Memphis with these games still on the schedule…
At Stanford Colorado At Arizona Oregon At Washington At Utah Arizona State At USC Cal
…there’s a decent chance UCLA doesn’t win 6 games in 2017 and BIG buyout or not Jim Mora would probably find his ass out of a job come December after two straight losing seasons in Westwood!
David Beaty, Kansas vs. Ohio – Kansas Football or not we would like to think that a head coach of the Kansas Jayhawks football team could in his…
26 th Game
…as a head coach take his Big 12 Conference Football Team to Athens, Ohio and beat a MAC Conference Ohio University Football Team…right?
Damn Right is the answer to that question!
There just is NO Legitimate Excuse for Kansas Football to lose this game to Ohio on Saturday and thus this is a MUST WIN Game for David Beaty and his football team with these Big 12 games left on the schedule:
West Virginia Texas Tech At Iowa State At TCU Kansas State Baylor At Texas Oklahoma At Oklahoma State
Damn….if Kansas loses to Ohio…in our opinion…the Jayhawks will not win another game in 2017 to finish the season at….
1 – 11
…with only a win over SE Missouri State.
Coach em hard David Beaty!
Bronco Mendenhall, Virginia vs. UConn– The Bronco Mendenhall experiment at Virginia which is as much about Bronco not being at BYU as being at Virginia is off to a rough start with a record of….
3 – 11
…on the board two games into his second season at Charlottesville and we are fascinated to see how this all plays out. Bronco Mendenhall is a very good football coach, but he also is a man who like Mitt Romney, who a few of us have run into many times over the years, someone that carries his religion with him to such an extent it dominates his life as much at Catholicism dominated the lives of past head coaches at Notre Dame. We have many Mormon friends in the state of Utah who we visit for at least a week every Summer which includes lots of outdoor activities and sporting contests and we fight like brothers with them to win everything from golf to ping-pong all day long and then at night they go home and we go out to get a few beers at the bars on main street in Park City. We love our Mormon friends because they are not merely “Good People”…they are…”Great People” who are the kind of folks you could always count on if you were ever in trouble and Bronco Mendenhall is cut from the same mold as our friends in Utah, and that’s why it is so fascinating to us to see if Mendenhall can succeed outside of the cocoon that he lived in at BYU…and like it or not BYU is a cocoon…that is somewhat separate from much of American life such as how life is lived in Charlottesville, Virginia.
We are pulling hard for Bronco Mendenhall to succeed at Virginia but after getting beat by Indiana at home last Saturday to drop to 1 – 1 on the season this week’s game at home against UConn is a MUST WIN Game because of what is left on the Cavs schedule:
At Boise State Duke At North Carolina Boston College At Pitt Georgia Tech At Louisville At Miami Virginia Tech
With a loss to UConn on Saturday we don’t think Virginia will have any chance at all to get to 6 wins in 2017 with the above schedule so with that mind…
Give the UConn Huskies Heck Bronco!
Mike Riley, Nebraska vs. Northern Illinois – Mike Riley is now in his 3 rd season at Nebraska and he has coached 28 games and posted an overall record of…
16 – 12 (.571)
Below are the records after 28 games of the Nebraska head coaches after Tom Osborne:
Frank Solich: 23 – 5 (.821)
Bill Callahan: 17 – 11 (.607)
Bo Pelini: 20 – 8 (.714)
As anyone can clearly see Mike Riley is 4 th in winning percentage…
Frank Solich: .821 Bo Pelini: .714 Bill Callahan: .607 Mike Riley: .571
….in the head coaches following the Great Tom Osborne at Nebraska and Riley knows that if he continues along the current path his tenure in Lincoln will not be long.
The thing about coaching at Nebraska is the head coach feels the pressure of the job but he has a hard time finding where that pressure is coming from since the folks in the state of Nebraska are so nice and disarming and just downright decent, but we can tell Mike Riley that after having friends in the Omaha area for over two decades that are Nebraska-alums Riley’s performance to date is something that is discussed on a regular basis and if Riley doesn’t get things going with the Cornhuskers soon…Mike Riley and Nebraska AD Shawn Eichorst will find out who is in charge of things and who can send both of them packing!
After an 1 – 1 start to the season and a decent showing against the Oregon Ducks in Eugene Mike Riley and the Cornhuskers host Northern Illinois in Lincoln on Saturday in the Biggest MUST WIN Game of Riley’s tenure at Nebraska because if the Huskers lose this game at home to Northern Illinois things would heat up in a Helluva hurry on the Great Plains of America!
Oh here is what Nebraska has left after Northern Illinois:
Rutgers At Illinois Wisconsin Ohio State At Purdue Northwestern At Minnesota At Penn State Iowa
We have it on good authority that Nebraska fans are expecting 10+ wins in Mike Riley’s third season coaching the Cornhuskers and if you lose to Northern Illinois not only is 10+ wins out the window…..Hell there’s a good chance Nebraska has a hard time winning 8 games if you can’t beat the NIU Huskies at home!
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M vs. Louisiana– We don’t give the 23 point underdogs Louisiana much chance to beat Texas A&M on Saturday but if somehow the Ragin’ Cajuns did beat the Aggies at Kyle Field we feel confident in saying that Kevin Sumlin would be fired right after the game because if you can’t beat Louisiana in College Station in Week 2 there’s not a Damn chance in Hell you are going to beat Arkansas in Dallas in Week 3.
Yes…Louisiana is a MUST WIN Game for Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M but it so unimaginable that the Aggies could lose this game that we should probably call this a….
You Better Damn Win Or Your Ass Will Be Fired Game for Kevin Sumlin!
Brian Kelly, Notre Dame vs. Boston College – As Bob Stoops proved earlier this year college football head coaches either leave of their own volition or their ass eventually gets fired and Brian Kelly at Notre Dame is now heading towards the latter category after a home loss to Georgia, an unnecessary tiff with a reporter after the game, and most important of all now sitting on a record of…
5 – 11
….in Notre Dame’s last 16 games which at a place like Notre Dame is a mark that should have already gotten Brian Kelly fired if the folks making the decisions in South Bend actually gave a Damn about Excellence and Winning!
The Notre Dame at Boston College on Saturday isn’t so much a MUST WIN Game for Brian Kelly as it is a…
Your Ass Better Not Lose It OR Your Head Coaching Career Is Good As Over
….game for Kelly because a loss in this spot to a BC team that under Steve Addazio in the last five seasons has posted an overall record of…
25 – 28
….would be beyond embarrassing and borderline….
“Why the Hell is Brian Kelly still the head coach of the Irish?”
An interesting number of Brian Kelly at Notre Dame over his 8 seasons at the school….the Irish have played 71 games against Power 5 Conference schools and Kelly’s record in those 71 games is…
42 – 29
….winning percentage in Power 5 Conference Games.
Is that Notre Dame Football?
Not only NO but…HELL NO!
Steve Addazio, Boston College vs. Notre Dame – As mentioned above Steve Addazio in his fifth season at Boston College and has posted an overall record of…
25 – 28
….which is Below Average at best and Addazio’s record in ACC Conference play is even worse at….
10 – 22
….and after starting the season with a win over Northern Illinois and BC getting its ass whipped by Wake Forest here come the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in a match-up that is a…
Better Damn Win Game for both Coaches + Teams
…with the losing coach shooting up the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings and the winning coach leaving the game with his ass still on fire!
Great Luck to you Coaches Kelly and Addazio!
Larry Fedora, North Carolina vs. Old Dominion – After opening the season with homes losses to Cal and Louisville Larry Fedora has the North Carolina football team in a Helluva mess and his ass on the precipice of being launched onto the Hot Seat with a loss to Old Dominion on Saturday in a game that North Carolina just CANNOT LOSE forget about the entire MUST WIN Game situation for Fedora.
With Duke up next and then Georgia Tech Larry Fedora better Damn find a way to beat Old Dominion on Saturday or it will be….
Welcome to the Hot Seat Larry!
Barry Odom, Missouri vs. Purdue – Barry Odom has not exactly lit the woods on fire in his first two seasons as the head coach at Mizzou and after starting 1 – 1 in 2017 Odom has records on the board of…
Overall: 5 – 9
SEC: 2 – 7
….and the one thing that Odom does not need at this moment is a team that hasn’t been very good in recent years, think Purdue, that has a new head coach in Jeff Brohm who has the Boilermakers offense rolling and just might come into Columbia and hang 40+ points on the Tigers!
With games coming next against…
Auburn At Kentucky At Georgia
….before playing Idaho on October 21 the Mizzou Tigers could be….
1 – 5
….if they lost to Purdue on Saturday which would put Odom’s ass into orbiting the Sun HEAT territory so you better Damn beat Purdue Coach Odom!
Todd Graham, Arizona State vs. Texas Tech – We asked around a bit this week to our friends in the Phoenix area and the word on the street is Graham needs…
…in 2017 to keep his job but might be able to return to coach in 2018 if Arizona State wins 7 games this season and those 7 wins include a win over Arizona. With that in mind with ASU now at 1 – 1 on the season and games left against….
At Texas Tech Oregon At Stanford Washington At Utah USC Colorado At UCLA At Oregon State Arizona
….we don’t see any way that the Sun Devils get to 7 wins if they don’t beat Texas Tech on Saturday which = MUST WIN Game for Todd Graham and his football team!
Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech vs. Arizona State – In four-plus seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury has posted the very uninspiring records of…
Overall: 25 – 26
Big 12: 13 – 23
…which you would consider uninspiring if you give a Damn about the Red Raiders fielding a Winning Football Program which Hell…maybe the folks in Lubbock really don’t give a Damn about…but even if they do embrace being…
Totally Damn Average
…in Lubbock one would have to think that if Kingsbury doesn’t win at least 6 games in 2017 his ass is gone…right?
Who the Hell knows since Texas Football all across the Republic of Texas is So Damn Average these days!
Now at 1 – 0 on the season after beating Cupcake Eastern Washington in the opening game the Red Raiders really need to beat Arizona State at home in the second game with this schedule still remaining:
At Houston Oklahoma State At Kansas At West Virginia Iowa State At Oklahoma Kansas State Baylor TCU At Texas
We really don’t see 6 wins on the Texas Tech schedule if they don’t beat Arizona State on Saturday so Yep…you got it…this is a MUST WIN Game for Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders!
21. David Shaw, Stanford – As a dozen or so Coaches Hot Seat members sat in Stanford Stadium on Saturday night watching Stanford whip Hapless and it seemed almost Coachless UCF an interesting observation was made by one CHS member:
“Is it just me or do the Stanford football players seem to going back to the size physically they were (which was puny) when Walt Harris was run off The Farm and replaced with Jim Harbaugh in 2007?”
This idea that the Stanford football players are getting increasingly smaller under head coach David Shaw compared to the size they were under Jim Harbaugh and in the first couple of years of the Shaw reign has been a topic of hushed discussion for over a year now among a small group of Coaches Hot Seat members which blew-up into a wide ranging discussion on Saturday night with lots of comments thrown in from the peanut gallery like…..
“How small the Stanford football players seemed at fan day in August. Hell, my boy in the ninth grade was bigger than half the Stanford team!”
“How it seems the Stanford football players are losing rather than gaining weight year-over year under David Shaw.”
“Doesn’t it seem like the Stanford football players are less cut, less in shape looking and overall not in the condition they were in during the Jim Harbaugh years?”
What was the final conclusion to this discussion you ask among the participating Coaches Hot Seat members which included a couple of CHS Members chiming-in from their hotel room in Knoxville, Tennessee?
Stanford football IS GETTING SMALLER and LESS PHYSICAL overall under David Shaw and all it takes for one to understand this FACT is for anyone to watch a tape of the Northwestern game from this season to see a smaller team in Northwestern push Stanford around all over the field on the way to a 16 – 6 win over the Cardinal.
Of course, the proof is ALWAYS in the pudding as someone once said and this week Stanford plays at USC which has ALWAYS had larger and stronger players across the board than Stanford but for a few seasons during the Jim Harbaugh years there was a time when USC was flat-out…
Intimidated by Stanford Football
….which culminated in 2009 Stanford – USC game at the LA Coliseum when the Cardinal led Jim Harbaugh team CRUSHED the Trojans by the score of…
55 – 21!
Unfortunately USC has won the last two games in the Stanford – USC series and it will be fascinating to see what the Trojans are able to do with Stanford at the LA Coliseum on Saturday in Steve Sarkisian’s second year as the head coach at USC after narrowly beating the Cardinal 13 – 10 last season on The Farm.
Will Stanford get pushed around by a team in USC that has five to six times as much talent as Northwestern which thoroughly dominated Stanford in the first game of the season or is there something…..anything….that David Shaw can do to get the Cardinal offense on track before the Pac-12 schedule really cranks up with several teams on the schedule that can easily score 30 or more points a game which would leave the pitiful Stanford offense in the dust?
We shall all see on Saturday night with a decent amount of Coaches Hot Seat members traveling to Los Angeles for the Stanford – USC game at one of our favorite venues to watch football games the LA Coliseum which a few Coaches Hot Seat members have been watching football games at for almost 40 years now. Needless to say with the remaining games on Stanford’s schedule as listed below…
At USC At Oregon State Arizona UCLA Washington At Washington State At Colorado Oregon California Notre Dame
….there is a REAL chance that Stanford does NOT win 6 games in 2015 if they play like they did against Northwestern and of course if Stanford doesn’t win 6 games in 2015 Stanford WILL be looking for a new head football coach come December for Damn sure!
22. Curtis Johnson, Tulane – Curtis Johnson is now in his fourth season coaching the Tulane Green Wave and has posted win/loss records of…
Overall: 12 – 27
CUSA: 9 – 15
….with ONE winning season and bowl game in the books in his first three seasons.
Is Tulane the kind of place that should expect to be playing .500 or better football on a regular basis?
We sure the Hell don’t know why not and after Tulane started the 2015 season with losses to Duke and Georgia Tech the Green Wave has these games left on the schedule:
Maine UCF At Temple Houston At Navy At Memphis UConn At Army At SMU Tulsa
Hmmm…..with the above games remaining is there anyone that believes Tulane will win at least 6 games in 2015?
Didn’t think so which takes us to…
Coach up your team Curtis Johnson or the Hot Seat will just get HOTTER!
23. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech – What a PERFECT opportunity Saturday is for…
Pretty Boy Kingsbury
….to both get Coaches Hot Seat off his back, have us drop the Pretty Boy Kingsbury moniker FOREVER, and get a win for Texas Tech football when the Red Raiders travel to Fayetteville on Saturday to play an Arkansas team that is coming off a loss to Toledo and is according to our buddies in Ft. Smith, Arkansas…
In Total and Complete Disarray Right Now
….with people in Fayetteville pointing fingers at who was responsible for the Toledo loss and therein lies the…
PERFECT opportunity for Pretty Boy Kingsbury and his Red Raiders!
Can Texas Tech really go into Fayetteville and beat an Arkansas team coached by someone (Bret “Ohio State LOVES THEIR CUPCAKES” Bielema) who it seems is more interested in who Ohio State is playing each week (Northern Illinois) than in getting his team ready to play football games?
YES is that answer to that question and a loss in this spot for Bret Bielema to Texas Tech would not only get Pretty Boy Kingsbury OFF the Hot Seat it would send Bret “Anyone seen Urban Meyer eating CUPCAKES today” Bielema into a close orbit around the Sun for the foreseeable future with the SEC Conference schedule still ahead!
Memo to Pretty Boy Kingsbury: If you score 35 points in this game you will beat Arkansas and YES if you beat Arkansas on Saturday we will drop the Pretty Boy Kingsbury moniker FOREVER! Signed: Coaches Hot Seat
Good Luck Pretty Boy!
24. Les Miles, LSU – With wins over Mississippi State AND Auburn Les Miles has an opportunity to go from the frying pan to the catbird seat if LSU can get a win over a Totally Hapless Auburn team in Baton Rouge on Saturday and consider this for a moment that IF LSU can beat Auburn the Tigers will then have the below games left on their schedule before they play at Alabama on November 7:
At Syracuse Eastern Michigan At South Carolina Florida Western Kentucky
Hell, if LSU can beat Mississippi State and Auburn we see no reason why LSU can’t roll through their next FIVE games and show up in Tuscaloosa on November 7 at….
7 – 0
….to play the Crimson Tide BUT hold it just a second…after Alabama the Tigers still have to play…
Arkansas At Ole Miss Texas A&M
….so even if LSU was 7 – 0 on November 7 Les Miles could still lose his last 4 games and end the 2015 season at…
7 – 4
….and rightfully get his ass run out of Baton Rouge come December!
Up first though before Les Miles possibly gets his ass run out of Baton Rouge in December is the Auburn Tigers in Tiger Stadium and don’t tell anyone Les because what we are about to tell you is just between you Les and us here at Coaches Hot Seat:
Coaches Hot Seat whispering through the computer to Les Miles: “Our contact at Auburn tells us the Auburn coaching staff is in full-on panic mode right now because they know and Gus Malzahn knows that if Auburn loses to LSU on Saturday and Malzahn drops to 10 – 7 in his last 17 games that Malzahn’s ass will be on fire and on the Hot Seat!”
Good Luck Mad Hatter and OH…if you lose to Auburn at home in Tiger Stadium when Auburn is in “full-on panic mode” your precious ass will be climbing back up the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings!
25. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia – Dana Holgorsen and West Virginia got their CUPCAKE win on Saturday over Liberty University which is where that Total Nutcake Bernie Sanders was speaking on Monday but we will say about Bernie Sanders that even though he is a Total Nutcake at least he is a Total Nutcake with personal principles that he sticks to whether you disagree with him or not!
Getting back to Dana Holgorsen and West Virginia Crazy Boy Holgorsen has a chance to get his ass off the Hot Seat next week with a win against Maryland at home on September 26 which would be nice since WVU travels to play at Oklahoma in their fourth game of the season after the Terps come to Morgantown.
For now though with West Virginia having an off-week Crazy Boy Dana Holgorsen remains on the Hot Seat right where Crazy Boy belongs!
26. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa – Kirk Ferentz and Iowa got a nice win at Iowa State on Saturday but then…
Iowa State has LOST 21 of their last 26 games
…so beating Iowa State is akin to beating a Ladies Senior Citizen Bridge Club’s auxiliary football team that meets on every Tuesday night in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa so we hope that fans of Iowa football aren’t getting too confident after a win over the Cyclones especially with Pitt coming to town on Saturday.
We will tell everyone why a loss to Pitt on Saturday would be especially devastating to Kirk Ferentz and Iowa:
Pat Narduzzi is in his first year as a head coach at Pitt or as a head coach anywhere and if Pat Narduzzi can in his third game as a head coach roll into Iowa and beat the Hawkeyes on the road where exactly does that leave Iowa football under Kirk Ferentz?
Right in the septic tank on the farm is where that leaves Iowa football under Kirk Ferentz!
27. Mike Riley, Nebraska – Several Coaches Hot Seat members have been traveling to the Great State of Nebraska for over two decades on business and thus we have had a long love affair going with Nebraska and the Good People of that state and even when we put Mike Riley on the Hot Seat we have done so reluctantly since Mike Riley is a lot like the Good People of Nebraska in that Riley is almost…
Impossible NOT to like
….but this is Coaches Hot Seat and when you are the head coach at Nebraska you have to win “X” number of games to stay OFF the Hot Seat and thus why this Saturday’s game at Miami is so Damn important for Mike Riley and Nebraska football as they head towards Big Ten Conference play.
Of course, this Nebraska – Miami game is also very important for Hurricanes head coach Al Golden and thus we have set-up here in South Florida a..
Hot Seat vs. Hot Seat Coaching Match-Up
….with the winning coach getting his ass off the Hot Seat for now and the losing coaching getting the heat turned up on his ass Come Monday….
….and no doubt many times in the future during the rest of this college football season as well.
Good Luck to Mike Riley and Al Golden in this Hot Seat vs. Hot Seat Coaches game!
28. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado – Mike MacIntyre and Colorado got a nice win over UMass at home in Boulder on Saturday and now the Buffs face a CRITICAL game against Colorado State on Saturday which is a match-up that Colorado MUST WIN with the Pac-12 conference schedule looming over their shoulders and with the first Pac-12 game against Oregon in Boulder on October 3.
Can Colorado beat Colorado State on Saturday to get Mike MacIntyre off to a 2 – 1 start with Nicholls State up next which should be 3 – 1 before the Buffs start Pac-12 play against Oregon on October 3?
We don’t see why the Hell not!
29. Larry Fedora, North Carolina – Larry Fedora and North Carolina got a win over CUPCAKE North Carolina A&T on Saturday and now getting back to Big Boy College Football UNC will host Illinois on Saturday in Chapel Hill which is being coached by interim head coach Bill Cubit.
Yep…North Carolina CANNOT lose to this Illinois team that was in Complete and Total Disarray just a few weeks ago because a loss in this spot to drop to 1 – 2 with the below schedule still looming…
Delaware At Georgia Tech Wake Forest Virginia At Pitt Duke Miami At Virginia Tech NC State
…would put both Fedora and the Tar Heels in a precarious position as ACC Conference play gets underway on October 3 with a game at Georgia Tech.
Memo to SPF which is short for Six Pack Fedora here at Coaches Hot Seat: DO NOT LOSE TO Illinois! Signed: Coaches Hot Seat
30. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech – Frank Beamer and the Hokies loaded-up on a CUPCAKE this past Saturday with a win over Furman and now it is back to reality for Virginia Tech with a game at Purdue in Week 3 in what is for Damn sure…
A MUST WIN Game for Frank Beamer and Virginia Tech
….because a loss in this spot to a Purdue football team that has won FIVE total football games the past three seasons would be nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster and fully reveal the current….
Hapless State of Virginia Tech Football
….which in what may be Frank Beamer’s last season in Blacksburg is certainly something that Coach Beamer does not want to be fully revealed for all the world to see.
With a game at East Carolina in Week 4 a loss to Purdue might just lead to the Hokies starting the 2015 season at…
1 – 3
….and fighting for their lives just to get to a pitiful bowl game and is a mediocre season and pitiful bowl game really how Frank Beamer wants to go out at Virginia Tech after a legendary coaching career?
NO is the answer to that question and thus YES Virginia Tech had better Damn beat Purdue!
There are just a few reasons why a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and by far the main reason a coach finds his ass on the Hot Seat is…
He did not win enough football games!
But…there are other reasons a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and two of those reasons that we have had to account for in recent years have been…
1. A Head Coach like Charlie Weis who in our opinion did not give a Damn about coaching the Kansas football team in the proper way which also makes Charlie Weis a Sorry Excuse for a Human Being….with that being the opinion of EVERY American here at Coaches Hot Seat
2. Coaching like a Scared Coward which is how four SEC head coaches coached their teams on Saturday….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzhan, Auburn
….with three of the above COWARD COACHES now finding their precious and COWARDLY asses on the Hot Seat for their COWARDLY behavior because they lost their games and Auburn head coach Gus Malzhan now just one loss away from finding his ass on the Hot Seat with Auburn playing at LSU this coming Saturday! Besides coaching in a COWARDLY way which clearly in our opinion ALL FOUR of the above SEC head coaches did on Saturday what really pisses us off here at Coaches Hot Seat is when head coaches who have guaranteed contracts that will pay them Millions of Dollars whether they win or lose so they will never have to work a day the rest of their lives…
Still Coach like COWARDS!
It was just Shameful and a Disgrace to the American Republic forget about an embarrassment to the SEC that head coaches…
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzahn, Auburn
….were on Saturday…just so Damn SHAMEFUL!
We will get more into the COWARDLY behavior of head coaches….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina
…in the Post Week 2 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis BUT is it just us here at Coaches Hot Seat or is everyone else thinking the same thing?
The Southeastern Conference reached its PEAK at the same time that Paul Finebaum was negotiating the contract for his book in New York City in the spring of 2013 for what eventually became this….
….and after the past two college football seasons and especially this past weekend has become what historians will mark as the Beginning of the End of the SEC? Of course, anyone that knows Paul Finebaum knows that Paul has a stellar record of latching onto public figures just before they are sent off to prison so Finebaum signaling the end of the SEC with his Idiotic book would not only be the MOST right thing in the world it would make a Helluva lot of sense also!
Let’s bring out the Man in Black to…
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Holy Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – Cyclones head coach Paul Rhoads is on a pretty bad run of late and the loss to Iowa over the weekend on Iowa State’s home field by a score of…
31 – 17
….didn’t help matters and just by comparison over Paul Rhoads last 26 games coaching ISU he has posted a record of….
6 – 20
…and the previous head coach at Iowa State Dan McCarney posted a record over his last 26 games at ISU of…
12 – 14
….and also by comparison puts the winning percentages of Rhoads and McCarney at…
.231 for Paul Rhoads in last 26 games at ISU
.462 for Dan McCarney in last 26 games at ISU
Sorry, but Paul Rhoads can be the nicest and hardest working guy in the world and by all accounts we have heard he is both BUT we caught some of the Iowa – Iowa State game on Saturday and to put it bluntly…..
Iowa State DOES NOT look like a very well coached football team right now…PERIOD.
Oh….up next for Iowa State…
At Toledo which just beat Arkansas in Fayetteville!
Good Luck with that Paul and here’s a tip…don’t complain this week like some kind of LOSER about Ohio State’s schedule when you have a team to get ready to play Toledo!
2. Mike London, Virginia – Mike London’s Virginia football team had Notre Dame right where they wanted the Irish on Saturday…
Up by a point with just a few minutes to play with the Irish starting QB out and a back-up QB in for Notre Dame that had hardly played at all in a meaningful live college football game
….and how exactly did Mike London’s Virginia team find a way to lose this time around?
By allowing that back-up QB that had next to no experience throw a ball to a receiver that was allowed to get behind a defensive back for some reason which ended up with a touchdown!
Geez…you really cannot make-up some of the stuff that has happened to Virginia football in recent years BUT this loss to Notre Dame takes the cake, the pie and every Damn dessert in the kitchen and with that loss London’s record at UVA dropped to…
Overall: 23 – 40
ACC: 11 – 29
…over the last six seasons which is bad from whatever direction one looks at those records.
Up next for Virginia…
William & Mary Boise State At Pitt
Our recommendation to Mike London = WIN all three of those games son!
3. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Oh, you thought it was a big deal that the Florida Gators beat New Mexico State 61 – 13 on Week 1?
Uhhhh….NOT….because Georgia State which had won ONE football game the last two seasons just beat New Mexico State on their home field!
This is Doug Martin’s third season as the head coach at New Mexico State and his record at NMSU now stands at:
Overall: 4 – 22
Enough said on the Hot Seat situation at NMSU!
4. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – Darrell Hazell and the Purdue Boilermakers got their first win of the 2015 season over Indiana State on Saturday which means about as much as a grizzly bear crapping in the woods of Yellowstone National Park meaning it means NOTHING AT ALL!
The 2015 college football season begins again for Darrell Hazell and the Boilermakers on Saturday with Virginia Tech coming to town and this is a game in our opinion that….
Purdue Should Win
….IF Purdue plays with the same intensity that they played with against Marshall in Week 1.
In the “Just By Comparison” department Darrell Hazell has now been the head coach at Purdue for 26 games and his win/loss record stands at…
5 – 21
….and the coach he replaced at Purdue who was fired and run out-of-town posted a record in his first 26 games at Purdue of….
10 – 16
….which should tell everyone that is paying attention why exactly Darrell Hazell is on the Hot Seat!
5. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt looked OK at times against Georgia on Saturday but in the end a loss to the Dawgs by a score of…
31 – 14
…..leaves Derek Mason’s win/loss record in his second season at Vandy now at….
3 – 11
…and let’s hope Mason’s record after this coming Saturday’s game against Austin Peay is…
4 – 11
….or Mason might not make it as head coach at Vandy to the Ole Miss game in Oxford on September 26!
Looking over the rest of Vanderbilt’s 2015 schedule…
Austin Peay At Ole Miss At Middle Tennessee At South Carolina Missouri At Houston At Florida Kentucky Texas A&M At Tennessee
….if Vandy improves just a little bit more as the season progresses MAYBE the Commodores can win…
4 Games in 2015
….which would be an improvement by ONE win over 2014 and would give Mason one more year in Nashville to get Vandy back to their “James Franklin-years” winning ways and with that Derek Mason now has his goal for 2015….
Coach ‘Em Up Derek!
6. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Kevin Wilson and the Indiana Hoosiers beat Florida International on Saturday by the score of 36 – 22 and when one considers that FIU had won….
…the last three seasons combined Indiana beating FIU meant about as much as a wild pig finding an acorn in Alabama which means that win over FIU means NOTHING AT ALL!
Up next for Kevin Wilson and Indiana….a very tough Western Kentucky team that is very simply a…
CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson and the Hoosiers but especially a CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson!
7. Paul Petrino, Idaho – In Week 2 Paul Petrino’s Idaho team lost to USC in Los Angeles by a score of…
59 – 9
….and with that loss Petrino’s win/loss record at Idaho now stands at….
2 – 23
…..which is a winning percentage of…
….and the last Idaho head coach Robb Akey got fired at Idaho after posting a winning percentage of…
…over 6 seasons and thus why Paul Petrino is clearly on the Hot Seat!
Up next for Idaho….
OK…this should be a WIN for sure for Paul Petrino and the Vandals!
8. Ron Turner, Florida International – After seeing in person an average Stanford team made of balsa wood whip UCF on Saturday night we now understand how FIU beat UCF in Week 1 and thus it was no surprise to us that an average Indiana team beat FIU on Saturday.
FIU has won…
…in three seasons under Ron Turner and FIU should get its SEVENTH win under Ron Turner on Saturday when they play
….not that anyone here at Coaches Hot Seat has a Damn clue who in the Hell NC Central is!
We do know that Ron Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat whether Dave Wannstedt of Fox Sports thinks Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat or not!
Memo to Dave Wannstedt: Ron Turner’s precious ass is on the Hot Seat and FIU beating UCF in Week 1 was No Damn Big Deal!
9. Butch Jones, Tennessee – The two Coaches Hot Seat members that traveled to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game saw the same thing that the other 100-plus Coaches Hot Seat members saw watching the Sooners – Vols game on TV and that was….
Tennessee head coach Butch Jones had the Sooners on the ropes for much of the game and if not for COACHING LIKE A COWARD and COACHING NOT TO LOSE the Vols could have delivered the knockout punch to Oklahoma many times in the game and when you COACH LIKE A COWARD your precious ass ends up on the Hot Seat and that is where Butch Jones finds his precious ass on this Monday morning!
Oh by the way….below are Butch Jones win/loss records at Tennessee which make a Helluva lot more sense now after seeing him COACH LIKE A COWARD in the Oklahoma game:
Overall: 13 – 14
SEC: 5 – 11
Sorry Butch Jones…we don’t give a Damn if you inherited a wreck of a football program from the combo of Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley because IF you are going to the head coach at Tennessee and a head coach in the SEC you first and most importantly must…
NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD!
As Coaches Hot Seat members discussed the outcome of the Oklahoma – Tennessee game on Saturday night after watching a day of college football and that Badass Madison Bumgarner almost throw a perfect game against the San Diego Padres two things were mentioned the most about Butch Jones’ coaching performance against Oklahoma:
1. Butch Jones COACHED LIKE A COWARD and in many ways COACHED SCARED against Oklahoma on Saturday
2. Butch Jones clearly DOES NOT trust his quarterback Joshua Dobbs because there were numerous instances in the first and second half of the game against the Sooners where Butch Jones and his new and OLD offensive coordinator could have unleashed Dobbs on OU and put the game out of reach of the Sooners BUT Butch Jones didn’t do that which brings to mind a quote from the Great Bill Walsh on quarterbacks that one of us heard Coach Walsh say a Helluva long time ago:
Bill Walsh: “If you don’t trust your quarterback to make plays and decisions on the field then you don’t have a quarterback and you don’t have a leader. A head coach must prepare his starting quarterback to the best of his ability and then trust his quarterback on gameday. To do anything but that would lead me to believe that a team either has the wrong head coach or wrong quarterback….or both. A head coach must trust his quarterback because that trust is fundamental to playing winning football.”
YES….we miss Coach Walsh and YES there are dozens of college football head coaches across America that DO NOT TRUST their quarterback and SHAME on them for that idiocy!
Sorry Butch Jones BUT it was YOU that cost the Tennessee Vols that game against Oklahoma because very simply Butch Jones you…
COACHED LIKE A COWARD….PERIOD.
Up next for Tennessee…
…which is a SURE win and then COWARD Butch Jones and the Vols play…
…and we would recommend that Butch Jones NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD against the Florida Gators because if the Vols lose to the Gators again….
Your ass Butch Jones and thus YOU will find yourself on the Face of the Sun!
10. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – A few Coaches Hot Seat members had been watching a tape of the Toledo – Arkansas game on Sunday and after watching things for awhile someone said check the box score on the game for Arkansas and after doing that what about these numbers for the Hogs offense?
Arkansas ran the ball 31 times for 103 yards
Arkansas threw the ball 53 times completing 32 for 412 yards
What in the Freaking Hell Bret Bielema?
So the working theory in Fayetteville must be that Arkansas can run the ball against SEC West teams but not a team from the MAC Conference? Is that right Bret Bielema who seemed in the last week very Damn concerned about Ohio State’s schedule and not the Hogs opponent which just whipped your team’s ass in Little Rock Bret and landed your ass back on the Hot Seat in the process!
YES…like Butch Jones…Bret Bielema COACHED LIKE A COWARD on Saturday but it was a different kind of COWARDICE that Bielema brought out against the Toledo Rockets….it was COWARDICE plus STUPIDITY because if Arkansas had not panicked and had just ran the ball down Toledo’s throat instead of throwing the ball all over the lot they could have won by two touchdowns but instead like in Knoxville and in Columbia…
COWARDLY behavior by the head coach won the day
….and with that COWARDICE the SEC now has FIVE head coaches on the Hot Seat….
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Les Miles, LSU
….and if the COWARDLY coaching continues at least three of the above head coaches will NOT be coaching their teams in 2016!
Memo to Bret Bielema: This week Bret focus on getting your football team ready to play against Texas Tech because in case you didn’t know it your win/loss records at Arkansas of…
Overall: 11 – 16
SEC: 2 – 14
….are NOT the records that should lead to a head coach popping-off about ANYTHING relative to other football teams around the country especially the Defending National Champions in Ohio State which BEAT Alabama in the Semi-Final Playoff Game in case you forgot Bret!
Oh….lose to Texas Tech Bielema and your ass will be like the Persian Gulf region the last time a dozen or so Coaches Hot Seat members were in it during the spring and summer of 1991 for Desert Storm which was….
We are introducing a new feature at Coaches Hot Seat for the 2015 football season and beyond…the….
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week “X”
…..and to introduce this feature we will use a song from the 1970s Super Band Steely Dan…
“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan singing Deacon Blues!
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week 2
1. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. FIU – After the close 1-point win over FCS team Southern Illinois in Week 1 there is just no way in Hell that Kevin Wilson’s Hoosiers can lose to FIU at home this week because a loss in this spot to a pitiful team from South Florida…
No…not the Miami Hurricanes
…would send Wilson’s ass into a part of the Universe that is Hotter than our Sun and last time we checked the Sun is pretty Damn HOT!
2. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State vs. Iowa – In Paul Rhoads last 25 games at Iowa State his Cyclones have posted the downright startling and depressing win/loss record of…
5 – 20
….and rightly so Paul Rhoads’ ass is now hotter than that coffee that some Idiot spilled on himself and sued McDonald’s about years ago and won BIG which we seem to recall was Pretty, Pretty Hot Coffee which means a loss in this spot to the Iowa Hawkeyes and fellow Hot Seat coach Kirk Ferentz would be nothing short of a…
Complete Freaking Disaster!
3. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa vs. Iowa State – Consider this in the Total Disaster that Iowa Football has become in recent years under the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz:
In Iowa’s last 40 games the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz has posted a win/loss record of…
20 – 20!
That’s right the University of Iowa….or rather the fans of Iowa Football and in many ways collectively college football fans across America that watch all of these college football games on TV have collectively paid Kirk Ferentz over the past four football seasons something on the order of….
$15 Million Dollars
….for 20 Stinking Wins which works out to the amazing number…
$750,000 Per Freaking Win!
Seriously…you CANNOT make this kind of stuff up and thus why Kirk Ferentz and his Iowa Hawkeyes CANNOT lose to Iowa State on Saturday because if they do the above number goes up to….
$800,000 Per Freaking Win!
Hell, if Kirk Ferentz keeps up this Mediocre Football at Iowa by the end of the 2015 college football season he could be getting paid something on the order of…
$1,000,000 Per Freaking Win!
…and that’s good money IF you can find people STUPID enough to pay that kind of money for MEDIOCRITY which Kirk Ferentz has found in the state of Iowa IN SPADES!
4. Charlie Strong, Texas vs. Rice – Anyone that has read the Coaches Hot Seat Blog over the past EIGHT college football seasons knows that we have some good fishing and hunting buddies in the Austin, Texas area who are Texas grads and love showing us “City Boys” what life is like in the Republic of Texas while hunting and fishing and every so often we haul those “Texas Boys” up to Montana to show them what life is like when you really go into backcountry where the trout are large and the grizzly bears will eat your ass if you are not careful!
Getting back to the subject at hand which is….
The Rolling and Raging On Fire Wagon Train
…that is now Texas football we asked our Austin fishing and hunting buddies what the temperature was down in Texas relative to Charlie Strong and Texas football and their replay was…
“Let’s just say that if Texas loses to Rice on Saturday night Charlie Strong’s house could be on the market and sold before the Horns play Cal the next Saturday!”
Uhhhhh….we would call that the temperature of some wings we used to eat at a chicken wing place in Jacksonville Beach, Florida when a few of us were serving in the US Navy that were the Hottest Damn Wings we have ever put in our mouths and the very simple one word name for those wings was:
This is very simple….Charlie Strong and Texas CANNOT lose to Rice on Saturday night…PERIOD.
5. Al Golden, Miami vs. FAU – If there is ONE coach in college football that knows he MUST produce in 2015 meaning win a Helluva lot of football games it is Miami’s head coach Al Golden and in Week 2 Golden and his Hurricanes play Florida Atlantic on Friday night and a loss in this spot with these SIX games up next…
Nebraska At Cincinnati At Florida State Virginia Tech At Clemson At Duke
…would be nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster and send Al Golden’s ass onto the face of an O Class Star which in case you didn’t know…
Is One Helluva Hot Place for your ass to be sitting on!
6. Les Miles, LSU vs. Mississippi State – We don’t have any fishing and hunting buddies in the state of Louisiana but we have heard that if LSU loses to Mississippi State on Saturday night that Les Miles will not be traveling back to Baton Rouge with the LSU football team but will instead be taken immediately to Cape Kennedy in Florida where several influential LSU boosters have arranged to have Les Miles and his ass launched on a NASA rocket to…
Calvera the closest neutron star to Earth which is approximately 250 to 1000 light-years from Earth
….which it will take The Mad Hatter several million years to reach and we have also heard that in order to really stick-it-to Les Miles during the entire trip to Calvera those LSU boosters have arranged it so Les Miles will be forced watch a continuous loop replay of the January 2011 BCS Title Game loss to Alabama which most agree was the…
Boringest College Football Game of All Time!
Memo to Les Miles: Don’t Lose to Mississippi State!
7. David Shaw, Stanford vs. UCF – A few Coaches Hot Seat members were on a conference call this week with a “non-athletic related contact” of ours on the Stanford campus who keeps his ears to the ground for us on The Farm since we have to work for a living and cannot hang around the Stanford Athletic Complex and whip the football team into shape which this Stanford football team needs desperately and our “non-athletic related contact” at Stanford said something very Damn interesting on our weekly conference call:
“If Stanford loses to UCF on Saturday there is a very good chance that Stanford doesn’t win 6 games this season because of how fragile and weak this team is and how tough the remaining schedule is.”
Hmmmm….this Stanford football team is “fragile and weak?”
Yep…that was our opinion of the Stanford football team we saw in August on The Farm although our term of…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…for this the 2015 Stanford football team seems to be a little more on the nose to us!
Let’s look at Stanford’s remaining games in 2015
UCF At USC At Oregon State Arizona UCLA Washington At Washington State At Colorado Oregon California Notre Dame
Yep…if Stanford cannot beat UCF which just lost to FIU on their home field then…
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Stanford gets close to 6 wins this season which would further validate what we have seen happen in recent years that has turned the once Very Damn Tough Stanford Football Program into the…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…that will fold-up like a cheap tent bought from Wal-Mart if even the slightest gust of wind hits the campground on The Farm in this case!
YES….UCF is a CANNOT lose game for Stanford head coach David Shaw but then when the cake has already been mixed and baked there isn’t a Helluva lot that one can do to that cake once it is sitting on the counter of the kitchen!
8. Mike Leach, Washington State vs. Rutgers – With Washington State about to look down the pipe of NINE Pac-12 Conference Games that will ALL be very difficult wins for the Cougars if there is a game that Mike Leach and his WSU football team needs to win it is this Saturday’s game against Rutgers because a loss in this spot to fall to 0 – 2 on the season and it will next to impossible for Washington State to get to 6 wins in 2015 and that would make…
Three Out of Four Losing Seasons for Mike Leach at Washington State
YES…beating Rutgers is CRITICAL for Mike Leach and the Cougs!
9. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma vs. Tennessee – There is no doubt in our minds that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops would like to get the Sooners back into the running for a National Championship before he is politely told that his services are no longer needed in Norman since being just a little better than average is eventually not going to cut it at OU even for Bob Stoops, BUT when you talk to people around Norman and we mean folks that have some insight….not total insight but some insight….into what is going on the feeling that used to pervade Oklahoma football under Stoops….
That Dammit We ARE Going To Win Big 12 Championships and National Titles or Die Trying
….just NO LONGER EXISTS in Norman and there in a nutshell is what is wrong with OU football.
We are always coming up with new ways to rank college football head coaches here at Coaches Hot Seat and one way we came up with this past Summer was the “Hungry Meter” meaning on a 1 to 10 scale how “Hungry” is EVERY college football head coach to win Games, Championships and National Titles either at his current school or a bigger school if a great job opportunity presented itself. We have been tossing around the idea of publishing our opinion on the “Hungry Level” for each college football head coach BUT it is such a subjective opinion based on admitted less-than-perfect information we have held it back….so far.…BUT we will tell you of what “Hungry Level” we have OU head coach Bob Stoops at on a 1 to 10 scale to win Games, Championships and a National Title with the Sooners which is of course just our opinion:
Bob Stoops was a “10” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2001 to 2008
Bob Stoops was a “9” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2009 to 2011
Bob Stoops was an “8” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2012 to 2014
Bob Stoops current rating on the “Hungry Meter” = 7.8
In our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat ANY college football head coach who has a rating of less than “9.5” on the Coaches Hot Seat “Hungry Meter” in today’s incredibly Damn competitive college football landscape has NO DAMN CHANCE to win a Conference Championships and National Titles.
Two Coaches Hot Seat members will be traveling up from Atlanta to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game and they will report back on what they see from Bob Stoops and the Sooners….and our guess is….OU loses to Tennessee and ends up with 7 or 8 wins on the season and Bob Stoops is DONE at Oklahoma come December either in reality meaning no longer the head coach at OU or just a coach going through the motions hauling down millions of dollars a year for “X” number of years into the future.
Just our opinion.
10. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame vs. Virginia – Of course both Brian Kelly and Virginia head coach Mike London BADLY need a win in this spot BUT this is a game that Brian Kelly CANNOT lose after the Week 1 crushing of the Hapless Texas Longhorns that are still the Texas Longhorns even though they are now Hapless with a Capital “H” under Charlie Strong! With Georgia Tech coming to South Bend a week from Saturday a loss in this spot will not only dash the hopes of Irish faithful all over the country but would set-up the biggest game of Brian Kelly’s career at Notre Dame because a loss to Virginia followed by a loss to the Yellow Jackets at home would more than likely be a irreversible stake into Kelly’s future unless the Irish ran the table the rest of the way and there CANNOT be a Human Being alive on the Earth that believes the Irish could pull that off!
Our guess….Notre Dame whips Virginia just as UCLA did in Week 1….BUT if the Irish flop-around and lose this game to the Cavaliers Brian Kelly might as well travel on down to Cape Kennedy and get on that rocket with Les Miles that is headed to the closest neutron star because South Bend will be a terrible place to be next week even if Kelly will have to watch along with Miles a continuous loop of the 2011 BCS Title Game between LSU and Alabama which thankfully for ALL college football games was So Damn Boring it gave us the College Football Playoff!