2019 Post Week 1 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – 13th Season of Coaches Hot Seat – Even Saban Was On The Hot Seat!
Amazing at it sounds to write it this is the 13th football season for Coaches Hot Seat which was cranked-up in January 2007 only a week or so after Nick Saban was hired to coach the Alabama Crimson Tide and believe it or not we had Saban on the Hot Seat going into the 2008 season after he only posted a 7-6 record in his first season in Tuscaloosa! Saban only won 5 of the next 10 National Titles at Alabama, but for a brief time, Nick’s ass was on the Hot Seat and that should be a lesson to all coaches and everyone out there >
Just because your ass is on the Hot Seat today doesn’t mean it will be there tomorrow….and vice-versa of course!
Well let’s get to it since we now have Week 1 of the 2019 College Football Season in the books and of course we must ask that the Late Great Johnny Cash come out and show these coaches just where in Hell they stand right now!
Thank You Mr. Cash!
1. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Jeremy Pruitt was hired by Tennessee AD Phillip Fulmer to be the head coach of the Tennessee Vols football team on December 7, 2017 which means that Jeremy Pruitt has been the Head Football Coach at Tennessee for….wait for it….
Please…can anyone tell us just what in the Hell that Jeremy Pruitt has been doing over those 634 days because watching the Vols get physically whipped by Georgia State on Saturday it was self-evident that…
Jeremy Pruitt hasn’t been doing a Damn Thing!
Oh…little doubt that Pruitt has logged lots of hours in the coaches offices and practices fields in Knoxville but was there any real work being done over those 634 days to build….forget about a championship football team…but just a team that will show up and play football with 50%+ effort which the Tennessee players did not do on Saturday?
A recruiting expert buddy of ours tells us that Georgia State does not even have 10% of the talent on the Tennessee roster and yet…
Tennessee Got Its Ass Physically Whipped By Georgia State on Saturday and for that Jeremy Pruitt and the man that hired him Phillip Fulmer should be ashamed…deeply ashamed…that they have taken one Dime of compensation over the last 634 days because neither man has earned one Damn Dime of that money….and that is also self-evident to anyone with 2+ IQ!
This Is Very Damn Simple: Former Tennessee AD John Currie before he was couped out of his job by a group of Damn Morons in Knoxville, Tennessee had offered the Vols head coaching job to Mike Leach and Leach has accepted that job in our opinion and with Currie out of the way it was left to new AD Phil Fulmer to hire the next head coach and who did Fulmer hire?
And what is Jeremy Pruitt’s record now with 634 days on the job at Tennessee?
5 – 8
Oh…Pruitt has been paid over those 634 days almost…wait for it….
$7 Million-Plus Dollars!
For what exactly because in our opinion Jeremy Pruitt has been sitting around on his ass not doing a Damn thing because if Pruitt had earned one Damn Dime of that money his Tennessee football team would have showed up in his 13th game at the school in Neyland Stadium and whipped Georgia State…but in fact it was…
Georgia State that whipped the Vols asses or as Pat Dye once said…
“Took them out behind the barn and took away their manhood!”
Jeremy Pruitt is a Damn Joke and was given Massive Amounts of talent to work with at Hoover High School, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, and back at Alabama where Any Damn Stumblebum could field solid defensive teams if they just showed up for work and did their Damn jobs but for $7M+ Dollars Jeremy Pruitt has not done One Damn Thing in 634 days and by all rights Pruitt and Fulmer should have already been fired after the disgraceful performance on Saturday in Knoxville!
For way Damn too long now Worthless Trust Fund Boys who would be lucky to be shoveling shit in South Georgia have had control of the Tennessee football program and what have those Worthless Trust Fund Boys who would be NOTHING today if their Daddy hadn’t given their asses everything they own in this world done to Tennessee football in the last decade-plus?
They have Freaking Destroyed it and every day that Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt sit in the athletic offices at the University of Tennessee the longer the problems will continue…but come now….if Pruitt fails totally and even if he and Fulmer get their asses run off Rocky Top the Worthless As Hell Trust Fund Boys will still be there telling people what to do and unless the fans of Tennessee football kick their Worthless As Hell Asses to the curb…
Nothing Will Change and Tennessee Football will continue to be the Total Damn Joke of College Football!
634 days making $7M+ Dollars and Jeremy Pruitt hasn’t done One Damn Thing and in FACT the Tennessee Football program is worse off today than it every was in the last days of Fulmer, and under Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones so be proud Tennessee fans of what you saw on Saturday because there is more coming….a Helluva Lot More because the people driving this Vols Disaster Train are still there…and they will Totally Gut the entire Damn thing until you are looking up at Vandy….Oh…you already are looking up at Vandy!
If Tennessee loses to BYU on Saturday then Tennessee fans should not leave Neyland Stadium but demand that Jeremy Pruitt and Phil Fulmer be fired right after the game and if the Vols do start 0 – 2 in 2019 then both should resign but do you think Pruitt or Fulmer would ever admit they been wrong about anything on this Earth?
Now let’s see what the Candy Ass Less Than 50% Effort Vols can do against a Below Average to Damn Pitiful and also Barely Coached BYU team on Saturday in a matchup of the #1 and #4 Hot Seat Coaches in College Football!
Oh…Tennessee is only 3-point favorite at Neyland Stadium over BYU and the Cougars record the last 3 years now stands at…wait for it…
11 – 16!
2. Chip Kelly, UCLA – Like Jeremy Pruitt we are not quite sure what Chip Kelly has been doing at UCLA the last two seasons to earn the $7M+ Dollars he has made on the job in Westwood because the Bruins team that showed-up against Cincinnati last Thursday night looked…
Totally Damn Un-Coached….just like Tennessee did on Saturday!
We got to see a lot of Chip Kelly’s Oregon teams in Pac-12 Country both at Stanford and in Eugene and it’s almost like there is an imposter coaching the UCLA Bruins because this is not the Kelly that coached the Oregon Ducks and either Kelly will figure this thing out soon…meaning in 2019…or we have been told there will be not Year 3 to right a ship that cannot be righted with what Kelly is now doing!
With the loss to Cincinnati Chip Kelly is now 3 – 10 at UCLA and the Bruins have left to play in 2019 >
San Diego State
At Washington State
We don’t see UCLA winning more than 4 games in 2019…does anyone with 2+ IQ based upon what the Bruins looked like against Cincinnati?
We are not quite sure what is going on in Westwood with Chip Kelly and the UCLA Football team but we are sure that the Bruins win 4 games or less in 2019 there will be a push to fire UCLA AD Dan Guerrero and Chip Kelly and this time go out and hire a coach that can actually field a team that looks like they have been coached-up the game of football!
That’s not too much to ask when your ass is making $4M a year!
3. Willie Taggart, Florida State – The FSU team that played Boise State on Saturday looked better than the FSU teams looked in most games in 2018, but how in the Hell is Boise State able to travel all the way across America and change the stadium venue and play in weather they have no ability to practice in and beat FSU on its homefield?
No idea how that can happen because we are talking about Florida State here where there is 4 to 5 times the talent that Boise State had on its roster on Saturday and yet…
Boise State looked like a well-coached football team
Florida State looked almost un-coached especially on the defensive side of the ball
Willie Taggart is lucky that he is coaching FSU in the ACC Conference where there is a chance to play a Helluva Lot of Mediocre football teams between now and December but when you look at what FSU has left how many games can they win in 2019?
At Wake Forest
At Boston College
With one loss already on the board and two cupcakes left that is 3 wins…but how many more will FSU get?
If they can’t get at least 4 more win to finish at 7 – 5 then Willie Taggart will be fired shortly after the Florida game on November 30.
4. Kalani Sitake, BYU – Kalani Sitake is a nice guy….we mean a really nice guy…but the BYU team that lost to a very good Utah team to open the season looked a Helluva Lot like his BYU teams of the last three seasons which often played undisciplined, made lots of mistakes, committed penalties, turned the ball over, and did everything else that bad football teams do and why in the Hell exactly is that still happening in Sitake’s 4th year on the job in Provo?
No clue to the answer to that question but BYU has a great chance to bounceback in Week 2 against a Tennessee Football team that is now Totally Un-Coached and gives sub-50% effort on their home field so maybe just maybe Sitake can get things rolling in Knoxville…but if he can’t and somehow doesn’t get to at least 6 wins in 2019….my how the standards have fallen at BYU….then Sitake is only coaching the Cougars December.
5. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – We seem to have a recurring theme to kick-off the 2019 college football season with the coaches at Tennessee, UCLA, BYU, and now Arizona with Kevin Sumlin not having their teams ready to play in the first game with the Wildcats losing to a Hawaii team that Arizona should not be losing to in the second year of a coach in Tucson!
Like Jeremy Pruitt Ole Kevin Sumlin is 5 – 8 in two seasons at Arizona and things don’t get any easier with a pretty good FCS team in Northern Arizona coming to Tucson on Saturday and a loss in this spot…
You can kiss Kevin Sumlin’s ass goodbye by Christmas because no way he can recover from losing to Northern Arizona at home in his 14th game at Arizona!
After Northern Arizona the Wildcats have left…
At Arizona State
Please…anyone out there can tell us how Arizona gets to 6 wins in 2019?
idn’t think so!
6. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Worse than Jeremy Pruitt, Chip Kelly, Willie Taggart, Kalani Sitake, and Kevin Sumlin is Will Muschamp who in his FOURTH season at South Carolina just got beat by a team in North Carolina that the Gamecocks should have dominated…and yet somehow they lost to!
With the loss to UNC Will Muschamp’s records at South Carolina now stand at…
Overall: 22 – 18
SEC: 12 – 12
…and here’s the real problem…what the Gamecocks have left on their schedule!
At Texas A&M
If South Carolina cannot beat North Carolina there’s not a chance in Hell it wins more than 5 games in 2019 and even if Muschamp’s buyout after the season is $18.6M….and absurd contract given to Will by Damn Morons at South Carolina that haven’t worked a day in their lives in the Real World and wouldn’t last 5 second if their asses had to work off of a college campus…it will have to be bought out because if you post a record of…
5 – 7
…in your 4th year on the job then please…what in the Hell are you going to do in the 5th?
Get off your Damn Ass Will…that game against North Carolina was a Damn Disgrace Son!
7. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – We have been saying for a couple of years now that the culture at Virginia Tech has become a Total Shit Show under Justin Fuente which in our opinion has happened because Fuente has abdicated his responsibilities to be a Leader of Young Men and a Football Coach for some reason(s) and now with the loss to Boston College on Saturday the Hokies are now…
6 – 8
…under Fuente the last two years with these games still left to be played in 2019 >
At Notre Dame
At Georgia Tech
We see that someone at Virginia Tech recognized the Hokies need all the Damn help they can get to 6 wins and loaded the schedule up with so many Cupcakes that Any Random Stumblebum could coach Va. Tech to 7 wins in 2019 so how many wins will Fuente get?
Our guess 5
What exactly has happened to Justin Fuente is an unknown to us here at Coaches Hot Seat but we have a guess or two and we may just reveal those guesses if the 2019 season implodes like the 2018 season did, and it will be based upon what friends of ours who live in the Blacksburg area have told us about what they think is going with the Va. Tech Football program which we would characterize right now as Troubling….Damn Troubling….in our humble opinion!
8. Clay Helton, USC – USC got a good win over a very good Fresno State team on Saturday night at the LA Coliseum and a Fresno team that might not lose another game in 2019, but there are 7 or 8 teams left on the Trojans schedule better than Fresno so this is really just getting started now…isn’t it?
Up next for USC is Stanford coming to Los Angeles this coming Saturday night for an ESPN telecast and over a dozen Coaches Hot Seat members will be at this game to see USC up-close and personal and to poke around best we can a couple of days before and we should have a strong opinion on the Trojans a week from today.
After Stanford the Trojans have left…
At Notre Dame
At Arizona State
Our USC alum friends tell us that Helton needs 8 wins to keep his job and return to coach USC in 2020. Can USC win 7 of their remaining 11 games?
That looks like a heavy lift to us but if the Trojans lose to Stanford….No Damn Chance At All!
9. Chris Ash, Rutgers – With the Rutgers wins over UMass on Saturday head coach Chris Ash’s records now stand at…
Overall: 8 – 29
Big Ten: 3 – 24
….and surely Ash cannot post a sub-500 record in his 4th season and keep his job…right?
Well..this is Rutgers we are talking about here and with these games left to play…
At Penn State
…we be STUNNED if Rutgers got 4 wins in 2019!
10. Lovie Smith, Illinois – With Illinois the win over Akron on Saturday head coach Lovie Smith’s records now stand at…
Overall: 10 – 27
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and we haven’t a Damn clue what the folks at Illinois were thinking in extending Lovie’s contract in the offseason but Stupid Is What Stupid Does and looking at what Illinois has left in 2019….
At Michigan State
…this is going to get Really Stupid and we will be SHOCKED if the Illini win 5 games in 2019!