19 College Football Head Coaches Facing CANNOT LOSE Games In Week TEN – “They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.” – Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan performing Deacon Blues!
“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan performing Deacon Blues!
1. Mark Richt, Georgia vs. Kentucky – With a maelstrom now enveloping the Georgia football program Dan Wolken of USA Today dropped a major stink-bomb into the entire Damn mess in Athens on Thursday with this story….
…which included this little nugget…
“Georgia athletics director Greg McGarity favored a coaching change after last season but was overruled by president Jere Morehead. Richt was then given a contract extension.”
…which we here at Coaches Hot Seat don’t believe for a nanosecond because at the end of last year even after a mediocre season by Georgia standards Mark Richt was nowhere near the Hot Seat and we are quite confident if given the choice current Georgia AD Greg McGarity would rather see Richt stay at Georgia for a long time and winning big while he was still there which McGarity later confirmed….
…and if you think Greg McGarity is going to lie about something that important or lie about anything for that matter then you have lost all touch with reality.
Getting back to Mark Richt’s job status which as the 2015 college football season heads toward the finish is most certainly in question we cannot express the anger of the Georgia alums that live around a few dozen Coaches Hot Seat members in North Atlanta over the way their Bulldogs have played in recent years and more importantly have performed in the most important games each season.
We are talking about Georgia Football here which in our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat is the FOURTH best college football program in the country and thus the fans of Georgia Football expect a Helluva lot out of their program that is ranked that high as detailed below which is not only in order the Best College Football Programs in America BUT also the order of Best College Football Head Coaching Jobs in America….in our humble opinion:
Coaches Hot Seat 25 Best College Football Programs/Best College Football Head Coaching Jobs in America
3. Ohio State
6. Florida State
8. Notre Dame
14. Michigan State
17. Texas A&M
19. Virginia Tech
20. Penn State
25. Oklahoma State
When you are holding the head coaching job of the FOURTH Best College Football Program in America expectations are and should be HIGH and over the past TEN college football seasons since Georgia last won an SEC Championship in the games that really matter to fans of Georgia Football and the games that Mark Richt should be winning at a pretty good clip are SEC games against these teams….
Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and LSU
….and below are Richt’s records against those teams over the last TEN seasons:
Alabama: 0 – 3
Auburn: 7 – 2
Florida: 4 – 6
LSU: 2 – 2
South Carolina: 4 – 5
Tennessee: 6 – 4
Georgia’s Overall Record Against the Above SIX SEC Teams Over Last 10 Seasons:
23 – 22 (.511)
Is there anyone on Earth that believe a .511 winning percentage is acceptable against the BEST teams in the SEC when you are the head coach of the FOURTH Best College Football Program in America?
Didn’t think so and thus why Mark Richt is on the Hot Seat and facing a CRITICAL game against the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday at High Noon which with a loss would effectively end Mark Richt’s coaching career at Georgia because a loss in this spot with the current state of Bulldog Nation would send the natives over the edge and Mark Rich to lots of time off from the game of football.
2. Mark Stoops, Kentucky vs. Georgia – The calculus for Mark Stoops and Kentucky is very simple to understand:
Mark Stoops is in his THIRD season at Kentucky with NO .500 or better seasons and thus NO bowl game trips and with the Wildcats now at 4 – 4 on the season and with these games left to play….
…..a loss to Georgia and more than likely it will be NO .500 or better season and NO bowl game for Mark Stoops and Kentucky in 2015 which would equal…
A Helluva Hot Seat for Mark Stoops for the foreseeable future!
Private Memo to Mark Stoops from Coaches Hot Seat: Hey Mark….if you Pop Georgia in the Mouth they will lay down and QUIT so strike hard and strike fast on Saturday in Sanford Stadium and not only will Georgia lay down and QUIT the stadium will empty out so fast everyone will think that Chick-fil-A is giving away free food at all locations in northeast Georgia!
3. Gus Malzahn, Auburn vs. Texas A&M – Talk about the potential for disaster if Auburn loses to Texas A&M on Saturday to drop to 4 – 5 on the season with these games still left to play…
….there’s a Helluva chance that the Auburn Tigers miss making a bowl game in 2015 in an age when….
Any Random Stumble Bum off the Street could Coach Auburn to a Bowl Game!
Hold it a second….Auburn plays Georgia at home on November 14 and by that time the Bulldogs may have Completely QUIT on the season and Malzahn can get his FIFTH win and we believe the Tigers can handle Idaho to get a SIXTH win so all is not lost on The Plains….YET!
4. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M vs. Auburn – Talk about another potential for another disaster IF somehow the Aggies lost to Auburn on Saturday that would drop A&M’s record in SEC play in 2015 to…
3 – 3
…and the word on the street is if Kevin Sumlin has a sub. 500 SEC record in his FOURTH season coaching the Aggies Sumlin will be run out of College Station on a rail come late November and after Auburn the Aggies have left games against…
Hell….Vanderbilt is playing some pretty good football in Nashville this season and LSU will be a tough win in Baton Rouge….so lose to Auburn…lose to Vanderbilt…lose to LSU and that would equal an SEC record in 2015 of…
3 – 5
….and an overall record of 7 – 5 and rightfully so Kevin Sumlin would be run out of College Station on a rail in late November or probably preferably fired at the College Station airport upon arrival back from Baton Rouge on the night of November 28!
5. Charlie Strong, Kansas vs. Texas – Oh…this one is very Damn simple to understand….
IF Texas should somehow slop around and lose to this PITIFUL Kansas team in Austin on Saturday
…Charlie Strong can go straight to his office and start boxing up his things because his coaching tenure at Texas will be OVER!
6. Mark Helfrich, Oregon vs. California – Oregon pulled a win out of its ass against Arizona State primarily due to the Complete Damn Stupidity of ASU head coach Todd Graham and now the Ducks are 5 – 3 on the season with these games left to be played:
There are a few dozen high school teams in the state of Oregon that could beat Oregon State so the Ducks will be going bowling in 2015 but is 6 wins really good enough for the folks that pour Tens of Millions of Dollars into the Oregon football program?
NO is the answer to that question and why beating California on Saturday is so Damn important to Mark Helfrich and the Ducks.
7. Rich Rodriguez, Arizona vs. USC – Arizona has played FOUR decent football teams in 2015 and look at the scores in those FOUR losses:
UCLA: 56 – 30
Stanford: 55 – 17
Washington State: 45 – 42
Washington: 49 – 3
Damn…and Arizona is playing USC on Saturday in the Coliseum!
Our guess the Trojans run Rich Rodriguez and his Wildcats out of the LA Coliseum to the tune of something like…
55 – 20
…and send Rich Rodriguez to the Hot Seat for the first time since he got to Arizona which should bring back some not so Damn pleasant memories for RichRod when he was Michigan!
Come on Rich….how about your team showing up to play against the Trojans…is that really too much to ask?
Didn’t think so!
8. Darrell Hazell, Purdue vs. Illinois – Whatever the rationale for giving Darrell Hazell a FOURTH season at Purdue the FACTS are that when the last Purdue head coach Danny Hope was fired after posting a 6 – 6 record in 2012 which was the SECOND straight season that Hope had gotten the Boilermakers eligible for a bowl game Purdue AD Morgan Burke released the following statement on Hope’s firing:
“There is no question that our football program has seen considerable growth under Danny’s leadership, particularly in the areas of academics, player development and recruiting,” athletic director Morgan Burke said. “I applaud him for his passion about Purdue University and the young men he coaches. He and his staff have devoted their lives to improving the program, but as I told him earlier this afternoon, those efforts did not equate to the consistent on-field success that both of us expected.”
OK….FOUR seasons on the job at Purdue for Danny Hope and in his last TWO seasons he got the Boilermakers eligible for bowl games and posted records in those FOUR seasons of…
Overall: 22 – 27
Big Ten: 13 – 19
….which is MEDIOCRE football we would agree BUT then just what in the Hell is Morgan Burke going to say when he eventually fires Darrell Hazell who in THREE seasons on the job has posted records of….
Overall: 6 – 26
Big Ten: 2 – 18
It will have to be something like….
“Darrell Hazell’s tenure at Purdue has been nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster!”
Oh….Purdue plays Illinois at home on Saturday in a CANNOT LOSE Game for Darrell Hazell and the Boilermakers!
There is some good news from Big Ten Country though relative to Darrell Hazell coming back for the 2016 season….it has now been proven that Mike Riley was good for something and speaking of Mike Riley!
9. Mike Riley, Nebraska vs. Michigan State – Everyone knows the FACTS as Joe Friday used to say…
3 – 6 overall
1 – 4 in Big Ten play
…and is hosting Top 10 Michigan State on Saturday in Lincoln which is followed by….
Damn….this is the 18 th season since Tom Osborne retired in 1997 and in those 18 seasons Nebraska has only lost SIX or more games FOUR times…
Frank Solich – 1 time
Bill Callahan – 2 times
Mike Riley – 1 time
…and that really says it all since 2 of the 3 above coaches were fired at Nebraska and if Riley keeps losing he will be fired as well and if the Huskers should stumble down the stretch of the season and somehow lose their last THREE games to finish at…
3 – 9
….in 2015 then we have it on good authority from our Nebraska-alum buddies in Omaha that there will be…
MASSIVE House Cleaning at the University of Nebraska
….that will make Richard Nixon’s Saturday Night look like child’s play!
Let’s hope Mike Riley didn’t sell his house in Corvallis, Oregon because if he didn’t that would be a nice place to go over the Holidays after getting run out of Lincoln, Nebraska along with about a three dozen other people that…
Don’t Have A Freaking Clue How To Build and Sustain A Winning College Football Program!
10. Bret Bielema, Arkansas vs. Ole Miss – Again we have another situation for Joe Friday….”Just the Facts Ma’am”…and the FACTS are that Bret Bielema and his Arkansas Razorbacks are sitting on records of…
4 – 4 overall
2 – 2 in SEC play
…and still have to play games against…
At Ole Miss
Damn….it is just us or does it look like Chubby Boy Bielema is going to be playing Missouri on Friday November 27 with a 4 – 7 record and with a loss to the Tigers getting himself and Arkansas AD Jeff Long fired before the Sun comes on up on Saturday November 28?
Yep….that’s about it!
Coach Hard Chubby Boy!
11. Butch Jones, Tennessee vs. South Carolina – Butch Jones finally got his rear-end off the Hot Seat with a resounding win over Kentucky BUT a loss to South Carolina on Saturday which would drop the Vols record to…
4 – 5
….on the season and guess what Butch?
Your ass would go right back on the Hot Seat!
Coach Hard Butch Jones!
12. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia vs. Texas Tech – With West Virginia sitting on records of…
3 – 4 overall
0 – 4 in Big 12 play
…and still having to play these games this season…
At Kansas State
….a “Little Birdie” told a Coaches Hot Seat member this past week that…
“If Holgorsen doesn’t get to six wins this season he’s done at West Virginia.”
West Virginia CAN beat Texas Tech at home
West Virginia CAN beat Texas at home
West Virginia SHOULD best Kansas on the road
West Virginia SHOULD beat Iowa State on the road
West Virginia – Kansas State is a toss-up game
Hell….now we know why…
“If Holgorsen doesn’t get to six wins this season he’s done at West Virginia.”
13. Kliff Kingsburgy, Texas Tech vs. West Virginia – Bottom-line….Kliff Kingsbury REALLY needs to take Texas Tech to a bowl game in 2015 and with the Red Raiders now at…
5 – 4 overall
2 – 4 in Big 12 play
…and still having to play these games…
At West Virginia
….we see No Damn Reason at all that Texas Tech doesn’t win SIX games in 2015 and if they don’t it will be a…
Very Damn Hot Seat for Kliff Kingsbury!
14. Steve Addazio, Boston College vs. NC State – The Complete Disaster that has come to be known as the….
“Wild Man Steve Addazio meltdown at BC”
….continues on this week with Boston College hosting NC State and if the Eagles lose this game they will drop to….
3 – 7 overall
0 – 7 in ACC play
…and no doubt Steve Addazio will go into another rage in the second-half that will be rather entertaining to watch we must say and Oh by the way….
Boston College plays Notre Dame in Fenway Park next Saturday!
Oh…with Brian Kelly on one sideline and Steve Addazio on the other that game at Fenway Park could be called the…
The Catholic Rumble at Fenway!
….with a kicker promotional line of….
“Come to Fenway Park this Saturday to watch Notre Dame take on Boston College and at halftime Brian Kelly will fight Steve Addazio in a Winner-Take-All Cage Match at Midfield!
Our guess after seeing Brian Kelly go after one of his assistant coaches in the Temple game….
Our money is on Addazio!
15. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State vs. Oklahoma – We give Paul Rhoads and his Iowa State team little chance to beat Oklahoma in Norman on Saturday BUT….
Bob Stoops has a habit of his recent teams at Oklahoma NOT showing up for three or more games a year and the Sooners are due to NOT show-up like they didn’t against Texas so give the Sooners Hell Paul Rhoads!
16. Mike London, Virginia vs. Miami – With the win over Georgia Tech Mike London’s Virginia football team is now at 3 – 5 on the season and still has an outside shot of getting to .500 and making a bowl game this season which would probably save London’s job which is why this Saturday’s game against…
Miami is so Damn CRITICAL
…..because a win in this spot with these games left to play…
…the Cavs might just get to SIX wins….well….anything is possible….right?
17. Todd Graham, Arizona State vs. Washington State – After giving away a game to the Oregon Ducks at home and dropping to 4 – 4 on the season Todd Graham and is Arizona State football team is now just trying to avoid a….
Complete Freaking Disaster
….which would keep unfolding if the Sun Devils lose to Washington State on Saturday with still games left to play against…
Hell….Arizona State could very well LOSE OUT and if that happens Todd Graham would be sitting on one of the Hottest Seats in the country when the 2016 college football season kicks-off so…
Coach Like Hell Todd Graham which does NOT mean Coach Like A Complete Freaking Idiot son!
18. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. Iowa – Stuck on 4 wins Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson REALLY need to find 2 more wins out of the Hoosiers last 4 games against…
….and although beating an undefeated Iowa team is NOT going to be easy in some ways Iowa is the one under the most pressure on Saturday having to go on the road and win to keep their chance of making the Big Ten Title Game and College Football Playoff alive so use that to your advantage Kevin Wilson and use it or as Ernest Hemingway once said….
“Forget your personal tragedy. We are all bitched from the start and you especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt use it — don’t cheat with it.”
Use the HURT Kevin Wilson and BEAT the Hawkeyes on Saturday!
19. Kyle Flood, Rutgers vs. Michigan – The word on the street in the Garden State is that Kyle Flood needs SIX wins on the board before the season ends and with the Scarlet Knights now sitting on a record of 3 – 5 and still have to play these games…
….we don’t for Damn sure seeing Rutgers getting its FOURTH win on Saturday in Ann Arbor!