Post Week 9 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
It’s Halloween Week Johnny Cash so Scare the Hell out of these Hot Seat Coaches!
Post Week 9 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
1. Will Muschamp, Florida – The most amazing thing about the 2014 season for Will Muschamp and the Florida Gators is that the Gators are only…
A 3-overtime win over Kentucky
A 1-point win over Tennessee
…from being at 1 – 5 right now instead of 3 – 3 which says more about the current state of the Florida football program than almost anything we could possibly write.
With the Georgia Bulldogs in the World’s Largest Cocktail Party this week for the Gators this will be Muschamp’s….
45 th Football Game
….as the head football coach at Florida with win/loss records of…
Overall: 25 – 19 (.568)
SEC: 15 – 14 (.517)
…on the board and as bad as the above win/loss records are a very good question to ask:
Is the Florida football program/team better today than it was when Will Muschamp was hired before the 2011 season?
Well in the 45 Football Games before Will Muschamp took over at Florida the Gators under Urban Meyer posted a win/loss record of….
37 – 8 (.822)
Answer to the above question: As much as it pains us to write it…
Florida Football is a MUCH WORSE football program/team today than it was when Will Muschamp took over the Gators before the 2011 season
With these games still left to be played for the Gators…
Georgia – Jacksonville
At Florida State
….we suppose Muschamp’s football team could run the table and save Will’s job in the process BUT we don’t think Will understands what would cause the Gators to have the chance to run the table and save his job.
Hint to Will Muschamp on the “cause”: It has NOTHING to do with schemes, plays, play-calling, or anything else that YOU Will Muschamp spend 99% of YOUR time on at Florida doing and in that statement you have the reason why Muschamp has failed at Florida.
OK…we will help Will out here….
Memo to Will Muschamp: The positive individual mind-set combined into the collective positive mind-set of a football team is what wins football games NOT schemes, plays, playing calling or anything else that often average and/or losing coaches spend 99% of their time on.
“Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.” Vince Lombardi
Will….put down the dry erase markers, turn-off the overhead projector, stop trying to convince yourself that the problems at Florida can be solved with the coaches out-scheming the other team or calling better plays and start…
Motivating Your Football Team….PERIOD!
If you need Coaches Hot Seat to come down to Gainesville to get the Florida Gators ready to play the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday we would be happy to take a week off from work and FOR DAMN SURE the Florida Gators that arrived in Jacksonville on Saturday would be ready to play and ready to put a whipping on the Bulldogs and we would spent about 10% of our time this week working on the schemes and play-calls.
2. Brady Hoke, Michigan – Michigan State is a very good football team BUT there is just….
No Damn Excuse
…for ANY Michigan State team to DOMINATE a Michigan football team the way the Spartans whipped the Wolverines on Saturday which dropped UM’s record in 2014 to 3 – 5.
There is little doubt in our minds that the Michigan job will open up come December now and with these games left on the Wolverines schedule…
At Ohio State
…there is a very good Damn chance that Michigan will not make a bowl game in 2014 even in the very Damn weak Big Ten.
What exactly went wrong for Brady Hoke at Michigan since that first-season record of 11 – 2 in 2011 which included a win in the Sugar Bowl?
We have been asking that question to some friends of ours in Michigan that we have known for over two decades that work in the golf industry in Pure Michigan and after they did a little asking around themselves after what they related to us we have a pretty good idea of what has led to the downfall of the Michigan football program under Brady Hoke and in many ways a dramatic personal change to Brady Hoke in our opinion and after talking to one our attorney friends we don’t feel comfortable writing even OUR opinion on Hoke’s problems at Michigan BUT for Damn sure there is a great story to be written by someone about the Brady Hoke-era in Ann Arbor.
3. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Can Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson survive NOT taking his Hoosiers to a bowl game in four seasons on the job IF the Hoosiers do not post at least a .500 record in 2014?
NO in our opinion is the answer to that question and with Indiana now at…
3 – 4
….on the season and with these games still left to be played…
At Ohio State
….it is NOT going to be easy for Kevin Wilson and his Hoosiers to find THREE more wins in 2014 which makes this game at Michigan…
One of the MOST important games of Kevin Wilson’s tenure at Indiana
Coach ‘em up Kevin!
4. Norm Chow, Hawaii – With Hawaii’s loss to Nevada early on Sunday morning in the continental United States the Warriors dropped to…
2 – 6
…on the season and that leave Norm Chow’s win/loss records in three seasons on the job in The Islands is….
Overall: 6 – 26
MWC: 2 – 17
That is NOT GOOD and why Norm Chow is on the HOT SEAT!
Up next for Hawaii….a very good Utah State team.
Coach ‘em up Norm!
5. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M – A good friend of ours and A&M alum told us over the weekend….
“Kevin Sumlin’s Damn lucky the Aggies beat Arkansas in overtime or he could be looking at not getting to a bowl game this season and with the amount of money we are paying Sumlin he wouldn’t be able to show his face in the offseason as he counts all that money we are paying him!”
Let’s see here….Texas A&M is now 5 – 3 on the season and they have left to play…
….and the ways the Aggies are playing they are looking right at a…
6 – 6 record in 2014
….and that would EQUAL Kevin Sumlin on the Hot Seat for the foreseeable future and entering the 2015 season.
Coach ‘em up Kevin!
6. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – On a roll of SIX straight losses and a 2 – 6 record Doug Martin’s New Mexico State’s Aggies face….
….this coming Saturday and the below remaining games still on the schedule:
Will New Mexico State win another game in 2014?
We don’t have a clue and we also don’t have a clue if Doug Martin would be fired IF the Aggies don’t win another game in 2014!
7. Ron Turner, Florida International – FIU has a BYE in Week 8 and with the Golden Panthers at 3 – 5 on the season and with these games remaining to be played….
At Old Dominion
At North Texas
…..there is a decent chance that FIU will NOT win another game and with anything less than SIX wins in 2014 would Ron Turner will be fired come December by FIU?
We don’t have a clue to the answer of that question.
8. Tim Beckman, Illinois – Tim Beckman and his Illini got a HUGE win over Minnesota at home on Saturday which raised the Illinois record this season to….
4 – 4
….and at least gives Beckman of hitting his “Keep My Job Target” of SIX wins in 2014 with these games still left on the schedule for Illinois:
At Ohio State
We rather doubt that the Illini can beat Ohio State BUT if you can beat Minnesota you can sure the Hell beat Iowa, Penn State, and Northwestern right?
Coach ‘em up Tim!
9. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech – Here’s the scary thing for Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury and his legions of fans on the Internet:
Over the last 14 games Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury’s record is….
4 – 10!
Oh, in that last game Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury’s Texas Tech team got beat by TCU by a score of….
82 – 27!
That means that the two current sitting head coaches that have made a…
….off of the play of Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M…
Kevin Sumlin and Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury
….are both on the Hot Seat and headed to some serious Damn trouble because we and Helluva lot of other people are starting to wonder:
What can Kevin Sumlin and Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury actually do WITHOUT Johnny Manziel?
Not Very Damn Much is the answer to that question on October 27, 2014!
What’s left for Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury and his Texas Tech football team?
At Iowa State
Uh – Freaking – Oh!
IF the Red Raiders lose to Texas Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury’s football team will be home for the Holidays with no bowl game trip but don’t worry that has an upside!
Plenty of time for Pretty Boy Kliff Kingsbury to do photo shoots and generally do lots of things that have NOTHING to do with putting a winning football team on the field!
10. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – We talked an Purdue University alum in San Francisco over the weekend and we believe we have the “skinny” on Darrell Hazell’s future in West Lafayette and that “skinny” is….according to this Purdue alum that is!
“At 3 – 5 on the season and with his team playing better Hazell needs one more win…preferably over Indiana….to return for the 2015 season BUT a collapse by the Purdue football team down the stretch with 4 straight losses and Hazell is in some serious trouble!”
Here is what Darrell Hazell and Purdue have left to play this season:
We see no Damn reason at all why Darrell Hazell and Purdue can’t win at least ONE more game…right?
11. Bill Blankenship, Tulsa – Tulsa had a BYE in Week 9 and if the Golden Hurricane are going to get off their SIX game losing streak then they will have to do it against a very good football team on the road at Memphis on Friday night and another loss in this spot would be…
A Very Bad Damn Thing for Bill Blankenship’s future at Tulsa.
After Memphis the Golden Hurricane has left….
Uhhh….Good Luck with that Bill Blankenship!
12. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – Since there is not even one player on the UAB football team that Arkansas would offer a scholarship to we don’t give Bret Bielema and the Hogs much credit for beating the Blazers at home and now it is back to Big Boy football for Arkansas in Week 10 which kicks-off what has to be one of the toughest home-stretch runs in college football in 2014:
At Mississippi State
Could Bret Bielema really end two seasons coaching Arkansas with a record in SEC Conference play of…
0 – 16
YES is the answer to that question and don’t forget….
John L. Smith went 2 – 6 in SEC Conference play in 2012 as the head coach at Arkansas!
SMILE Arkansas fans….SMILE!
13. Paul Petrino, Idaho – After a BIG win in Week 8 over New Mexico State the Idaho Vandals had a BYE in Week 9 and are back to action this Saturday with a game against Arkansas State at home which is another…
Very Winnable Game
….for Paul Petrino and his football team and a win in this spot would get Petrino off the Top 20 of the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings!
Come on Vandals….get Paul Petrino OFF the Top 20 of the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings!
14. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado – The Colorado Buffs had what is turning out to be a Very Average UCLA team BEAT on Saturday in Boulder and a few CHS Members that were at the game thought that Mike MacIntyre did a Very Damn Average job of coaching the Buffs down the stretch which is something that…
Just Cannot Continue to Happen
….if Colorado football is going to get out of the hole that has been dug in Boulder over the past decade or so with CU Buffs football.
Now at 2 – 6 on the season and with these games left on the schedule….
…..it looks like…
….will be the best possible win mark for Colorado football in 2014 which will leave Mike MacIntyre on the Hot Seat for the foreseeable future.
Coach ‘em up Mike and learn how to better close out football games that YOUR football team should be winning!
15. David Shaw, Stanford – The finally “modified” Stanford offense looked better on Saturday against a Pretty Damn Average Oregon State football team which is a good thing BUT the Cardinal has to close the 2014 season against FOUR teams that Stanford could very easily lose to if they play like they have played for most of 2014:
Oregon has NO CHANCE to beat Oregon.
Utah is a MUCH BETTER football team than Stanford
Cal might be able to OUTSCORE Stanford
By the time UCLA rolls around will it REALLY MATTER to either team?
Could Stanford really lose their last FOUR games to post a record of…
5 – 7
The more interesting thing is that there are some folks within the Stanford football program that believe with the Cardinal having one of the best defenses in college football in 2014 that…
7 – 5 isn’t that bad of a record!
OK…..OK….believe that Bullshit if you like BUT in our opinion if Stanford had just an…
Average Offense in 2014
…the Stanford football team would right now be…
8 – 0
…and sitting as the No. 1 team in the country.
That’s a depressing thought and before the football season after seeing a Stanford football practice during Fall camp a Coaches Hot Seat member said to another as they walked across the Stanford campus:
“If the Stanford offense is just average this season that will be three straight Pac-12 titles and a spot in the 4-Team Playoff.”
Our opinion: David Shaw and the Stanford offensive coaches got complacent over the last 18 months with the offense and weren’t able to adapt quickly enough when the Cardinal offense struggled early in the 2014 season when it was obvious to everyone that something had to be changed and quick which brings to mind the following Thomas Edison quote:
“Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.”
If only David Shaw thought the same way a few weeks ago Stanford football would be 8 – 0 and No. 1 in the country right now.
Now we are thinking about Forrest Gump for some reason!
16. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – Iowa State had a BYE in Week 9 and get back to playing again with a game against Oklahoma and with the Cyclones now at…
2 – 5
…on the season and with these games left to be played….
….this is going to be one Helluva uphill climb for Iowa State to get to 6 WINS in 2014 which is what Paul Rhoads really needs after posting a 3 – 9 record in 2013.
Coach ‘em up Paul….Oklahoma is AVERAGE and Very Damn BEATABLE!
17. Trent Miles, Georgia State – Georgia Southern made a BIG statement on Saturday with a whipping of Georgia State to make a claim to be the third best college football team in the state of Georgia (Hell, if not for a late fumble Georgia Southern would have beaten Georgia Tech earlier this season) and that loss drops Trent Miles Georgia State team to…
1 – 7
….on the season and more than likely headed to a…
1 – 11
…record when all things are said and done.
In two seasons at Georgia State Trent Miles win/loss records are…
Overall: 1 – 19
Sun Belt: 0 – 12
…and that even equals….
18. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – With the loss to La. Tech on Saturday the Southern Miss record in 2014 dropped to…
3 – 5
…and Todd Monken’s win/loss records in two years on the job in Hattiesburg are now:
Overall: 4 – 16
CUSA: 2 – 10
With these games left on the schedule for USM…
At Texas San Antonio
….Southern Miss should be able to get TWO maybe THREE more wins in 2014 so…
Coach ‘em up Todd because we are expecting THREE more wins!
19. Mike London, Virginia – With THREE losing seasons in FOUR years on the job at Virginia Mike London really needed a strong 2014 to make a case to return to coach the Cavaliers in 2015 and the loss to a Very Damn Average North Carolina team on Saturday which dropped the Cavs record this season to….
4 – 4
…..didn’t help things any in Charlottesville especially with these games still left to be played:
At Georgia Tech
At Florida State
At Virginia Tech
Can Mike London and Virginia find TWO more wins to get to at least 6 WINS in 2014?
If not then maybe there should be a coaching change at Virginia because that would be FOUR losing seasons in FIVE years on the job and that even gets you fired at Virginia…right?
Maybe not…this is Virginia….right?
20. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech – Consider this for a moment….
Since Virginia Tech lost to Michigan in the January 2012 Sugar Bowl Frank Beamer has posted win/loss records of…
Overall: 19 – 15
ACC: 10 – 10
….which makes us wonder…
Just what in the Hell is going on with Virginia Tech football?
Just how Damn bad is Ohio State which this very Damn average Virginia Tech team beat earlier this year?
To us Ohio State looks like a very Damn average football team AT BEST and as for just what in the Hell is going on with Virginia Tech football when we watch the Hokies we see a team that is coached by head coach and coaching staff that are….
NOT desperate to win football games and championships….PERIOD!
In our opinion ANY college football team that doesn’t have a head coach and coaching staff that are…
Desperate to win football games and championships
….should be fired…..IMMEDIATELY…..PERIOD.
Now at 4 – 4 on the season the Hokies have left to play this season….
At Wake Forest
….and in our opinion if the Hokies lose to Boston College on Saturday they will have a hard time even winning SIX games in 2014.
Pitiful but then if you aren’t…
Desperate to win football games and championships
….Pitiful is often what you end up with and that is what the Hokies are now…
Virginia Tech Football = PITIFUL!