The Dumpster Fire That Is the USA Ryder Cup Team and the Destruction of Golf in America by the PGA Tour and PGA of America
It seems each and every American Ryder Cup team can find even more absurd ways to LOSE the Ryder Cup to the Europeans with the 2014 version of the Ryder Cup being capped with a feud between two of the greatest golfers in American history….
Captain Tom Watson
….which we here at Coaches Hot Seat found to be very entertaining and quite revealing in a number of ways of the mindset of American PGA Tour golfers who clearly cannot be “Captained” like the American players of earlier generations that didn’t need their Precious Asses to be kissed pretty much on a 24/7 basis!
NO….we will NEVER lose our Complete Respect for Tom Watson which has not changed an iota for the past 30-plus years even with yet another devastating loss of the Ryder Cup to these Candy Ass Europeans BUT clearly Watson made some mistakes in how he played the getting very Damn OLD Phil Mickelson who NEVER should have played more than one time on Friday and should have played at least one time on Saturday which was an oversight by Captain Watson that cost the USA Ryder Cup Team…
2 Points at least
…and maybe even more considering what must have been an acrimonious USA Ryder Cup Team room with an out-of-touch Captain Watson who probably doesn’t know what to do with a bunch of…
Prima Donna Pompous Arrogant Ass PGA Tour Players
…that now sadly dominate the PGA Tour and are together with the leaders of the PGA Tour and PGA of America doing a Helluva job of…
Destroying the Game of Golf in America.
There is so much more we could write in this spot about the state of American Golf but we would mainly just be repeating what we wrote while attending the Players Championship back in May at TPC Sawgrass which was….
The PGA Tour In 2014 = Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones – What the Game of Golf and PGA Tour Needs Most Right Now = REAL HUMAN BEINGS Playing In And Winning Golf Tournaments Again That Actually Act Like REAL HUMAN BEINGS And Not Like CLONES That Look Like They Were Created in Labs Somewhere And Trotted Out For Everyone To See At Your Local PGA Tour Tournament and On TV!, May 12, 2014, Coaches Hot Seat Blog
Yes, there are BIG problems that the game of golf is facing in America and since we get the opportunity to play golf and attend golf events all over America it is our opinion that the so-called “leaders” of the game of golf are doing great damage to the sport from their Elitist perches but why waste time on Complete Freaking Losers in the game of golf when we have football to talk about?
Oh, who are those Complete Freaking Losers doing great damage to the Great Game of Golf in America just for information sake?
PGA Tour Commish Tim Finchem who in our opinion is one of the Biggest Pompous Asses to come down the pike since Charlie Weis showed up at Notre Dame in 2005
PGA of America president Ted Bishop who in our opinion believes that he was sent by God to the Earth to save the game of golf and the TRUTH is Ted Bishop has done more damage to the future success to the game of golf in America than ANY other person in our country with his Elitist Bullshit. Please Ted…just go the Hell away before you do more damage to the Great Game of Golf in America!
Charlie Weis Fired At Kansas….Surprise? NOT!
Seriously now….there is someone actually living in the state of Kansas who makes Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars a year who hired Charlie Weis in 2011 and who still has a job today and that someone is…
Kansas athletic director Sheahon Zenger
…and for the life of us here at Coaches Hot Seat we cannot understand how ANYONE that hired Charlie Weis could still be employed ANYWHERE but then what the Hell do we know?
Coaches Hot Seat Blog, December 10, 2011
Charlie Weis Hired and Introduced as the Kansas Head Football Coach – Groundhog Day II – Another Guaranteed Contract For Charlie Weis at Kansas After Notre Dame Was So Desperate To Fire Weis That They Were Forced To Come Up With $15 to $20 Million Dollar Buyout – Stop the Damn Stupidity! – Memo to College ADs: Anyone With An IQ Over Room Temperature Would NEVER Hire Belichick or Parcells To Be the Head Coach At A College Football Program So Why the Hell Would Anyone Hire Charlie Weis To Do the Same – Because There Are VERY STUPID People Running College Athletic Departments….That’s Why! – The Will Muschamp Situation At Florida and How in the Hell Did Charlie Weis End Up on Muschamp’s Gator Staff As OC? – Damn Good Question! – The Different Way That Urban Meyer Was Treated By Florida Administrators and Big UF Boosters Compared To How Zook and Muschamp Have Been Treated Is….HUGE! – OUR Dogs Could Win 7 Games A Year at Florida With Its Current Talent and the “Sources” Inside the Florida Athletic Department Need To Quit Whining and Crying and Florida Needs To Start Playing Florida Football Again – Yes, Will Muschamp AND AD Jeremy Foley Are on the HOT SEAT!, December 10, 2011, Coaches Hot Seat Blog
“Stupid Is As Stupid Does.” PERIOD.
Post Week 5 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
Being on the Hot Seat is bad enough….having Johnny Cash tell you the TRUTH about the Hot Seat is even worse! Give these Hot Seat Coaches HELL Johnny Cash!
Post Week 5 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
1. Brady Hoke, Michigan – As we said a couple of weeks ago in this blog we don’t know exactly what is going on at Michigan but what is going on at Michigan is BAD and the Wolverines loss to Minnesota on Saturday in the Big House coupled with head coach Brady Hoke having some very Damn unconvincing answers about why his injured quarterback went back into the Minnesota game brings us to an obvious conclusion AND opinion that…
The Michigan football program looks to be in complete chaos and usually when things look to be in total chaos looking in from the outside they are actually much worse on the inside
Our humble opinion on the Michigan football program as of the end of September 2014:
Michigan football looks to be a very poorly coached team that is not in particularly good shape that is giving MAYBE half effort in their games.
With Michigan now at 2 – 3 on the season and with these games left to be played….
At Michigan State
At Ohio State
….there has to be around a 50 – 50 chance that Michigan will NOT win another game in 2014 and if that happens by the time the Wolverines travel to Columbus on November 29 what the Michigan football program looks like today…..Total Chaos…..will actually look like “the good old days!”
An even bigger question that Michigan alumni and boosters should be asking themselves comes from a Coaches Hot Seat member who has been watching Brady Hoke’s deteriorating body language at press conferences over the last twelve months who said on Sunday after watching Hoke again after the Wolverines loss to Minnesota:
“It almost looks like Hoke could care less if Michigan wins another game or not now…..as if someone has put him into a position where Hoke feels there is no way for him to win at Michigan save his team going 14 – 0 and winning the National Title each and every season.”
Well, Michigan football should be playing for the Big Ten and thus National Titles in almost every season which is an unique kind of pressure that only a small number of people can handle and either Brady Hoke has cracked under that high level of pressure or Hoke feels that he will never be able to meet the standards that are expected of him from his superiors at Michigan….in our opinion of course.
Whatever is wrong at Michigan a loss at Rutgers this coming Saturday will only make things that much worse and we don’t know how much more Brady Hoke can handle considering what he looked like on Saturday after the Minnesota game.
2. Will Muschamp, Florida – With the rise of Alabama football under Nick Saban in the last several seasons that has fundamentally shifted the balance of power in the SEC Conference it is very easy to forget that Will Muschamp is the head football coach at FLORIDA where two former Gator head coaches in Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer in 18 seasons in Gainesville won….
8 SEC Conference Championships
3 National Championships
…while together putting up a win/loss record of….
187 – 42 – 1 (.815)
….and in three-plus seasons at Florida Will Muschamp has put-up….
ZERO SEC Championships
ZERO National Championships
….and has a win/loss record of…
24 – 17 (.585)
…and going back to the 2013 Sugar Bowl in Florida’s last 16 games Will Muschamp has put-up a record of….
6 – 10!
A 6 – 10 record will get your rear-end fired at Florida-Atlantic and of course will get your rear-end fired at Florida and that reality means Will Muschamp has only ONE option when it comes to the Florida – Tennessee game on Saturday:
3. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia – In his fourth season as the head football coach at West Virginia Dana Holgorsen has put-up a win/loss record of….
23 – 19
….but in the last three seasons that the Mountaineers have been in the Big 12 Conference Holgorsen has put-up a win/loss record of….
13 – 16
….and at 2 – 2 on the 2014 season it is our opinion that Holgorsen will need SEVEN wins minimum to return to coach the Mountaineers in 2015…maybe EIGHT wins….and with these games remaining….
At Texas Tech
At Oklahoma State
At Iowa State
….we only see ONE sure win which is going to make it very Damn difficult for Holgorsen and the Mountaineers to get those SEVEN or maybe EIGHT wins in 2014.
Coach ‘em up Dana Holgorsen!
4. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – With Purdue’s loss to Iowa at home on Saturday Darrell Hazell’s win/loss record in two seasons coaching the Boilermakers is….
3 – 14
…and with these games left to be played in 2014….
…..there is a decent chance that Purdue has won its last game the 2014 season.
Would Darrell Hazell be able to hang onto his job at Purdue if he finished with a 2 year win/loss record of….
3 – 21?
That is a tough question to answer in what is becoming an increasingly tough situation for the folks making the decisions for Purdue Athletics and Purdue University.
5. Paul Petrino, Idaho – In two seasons in the very tough job as head football coach at Idaho Paul Petrino has put-up a win/loss record of….
1 – 15
….which equals HOT SEAT in any language we can imagine and means Paul Petrino and his Vandals need to start winning some football games starting with the next game which is at Texas State.
6. Norm Chow, Hawaii – As much as we are pulling for Norm Chow to be a success at Hawaii there is no getting around the FACT that in three seasons coaching the Warriors Norm Chow has put up a win/loss record of….
5 – 23 Overall
1 – 15 in Mountain West Conference play
…and if that doesn’t land your ass on the Hot Seat then nothing will and Norm Chow is certainly on the Hot Seat!
Up next for Hawaii….
A game at Rice in Houston.
Good Luck and Coach ‘em Up Norm!
7. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Please can someone explain the following to us?
In the last three weeks Indiana football has:
LOST to Bowling Green at Home
BEAT Missouri on the Road
LOST to Maryland at Home
Oh, by the way the Missouri team you BEAT on the Road just BEAT South Carolina on the Road!
Why is Kevin Wilson on the Hot Seat?
Well, things like the above obviously and that Wilson’s win/loss records at IU are:
Overall: 12 – 28
Big Ten: 5 – 20
What does Kevin Wilson need to do to return as the head football coach of the Hoosiers in 2015?
Kevin Wilson needs SIX wins in 2014 which means the Hoosiers better Damn not lose to a pretty good North Texas team at Home this coming Saturday!
8. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – With the Southern Miss loss to Rice on Saturday Todd Monken’s win/loss record at USM now stands at….
3 – 14
….and with these games left remaining to be played in 2014….
At Middle Tennessee
At North Texas
At Texas-San Antonio
….there is a decent chance the Golden Eagles will not win another game this season which is something that can only be impacted by Todd Monken doing his job as the head football coach at Southern Miss and winning a few games that his football team by all rights should not win.
Coach ‘em Up Todd!
9. Ron Turner, Florida, International – Congratulations are in order to Ron Turner and his FIU football team for their win over UAB on Saturday by the score of 34 – 20 because if we gambled on sports we would have bet some real money that FIU would not have won another game in 2014!
Even with that win over UAB though the Golden Panthers still have a lot of work to do starting with a the Shula Bowl Game against Florida Atlantic on Thursday night which is a “possible win” for FIU if they play well BUT if FIU doesn’t beat FAU on Thursday more than likely FIU will end the 2014 season with only….
…and we don’t see how Ron Turner returns to coach FIU in 2015 if his football team only wins…
10. Skip Holtz, La. Tech – There is no shame in La. Tech losing to SEC power Auburn BUT if Skip Holtz is going to have a decent argument to continue on as the head coach of the La. Tech Bulldogs in 2015 then he will need to improve on the…
4 – 8
…record his team put-up last season and now at 2 – 3 on the season that makes each and every game very Damn important starting with vs. UTEP at home on Saturday.
If La. Tech loses to UTEP at home then 2014 may be uglier than 2013 for Skip Holtz and two straight ugly years even at La. Tech will put your ass on a serious Damn Hot Seat and more than likely out of a job!
11. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – Most anyone that knows anything at all about college football understands that Paul Rhoads has a tough job at Iowa State. OK…with that out of the way we here at Coaches Hot Seat do have a…
Minimum Success Standard
….for every FBS school and our Minimum Success Standard at Iowa State is for the head football coach at ISU to win at least….
6 Games A Season
Take his team to a bowl game EVERY Season
How has Paul Rhoads done in meeting our Minimum Success Standard in five previous seasons at Iowa State?
2009: 7 – 6 and Bowl Game – Met Standard
2010: 5 – 7 and NO Bowl Game – Did Not Meet Standard
2011: 6 – 7 and Bowl Game – Met Standard
2012: 6 – 7 and Bowl Game – Met Standard
2013: 3 – 9 and NO Bowl Game – Did Not Meet Standard
Paul Rhoads has met our Minimum Success Standard for Iowa State….
3 of his 5 seasons on the job at ISU.
With the loss to Baylor on Saturday Iowa State is now 1 – 3 on the season and with these games still remaining to be played…
At Oklahoma State
….Paul Rhoads and his Cyclones are going to need to play like HELL-FIRE to meet the Minimum Success Standard in 2014!
Coach ‘em up Paul!
12. Tim Beckman, Illinois – Just like Iowa State the Illinois head coaching job is a tough job but it is a job that a head coach should be able to field consistently winning football teams and now in his third season coaching the Illini Tim Beckman has not yet posted a winning season and more than likely Beckman will have to find a way to get to SIX wins to return as the head coach of the Illini in 2015 and now at…
3 – 2
…on the season and with these games remaining to be played…
At Ohio State
…..Tim Beckman REALLY needs to find THREE more wins and that is not going to be an easy task at all.
Coach ‘em up Tim!
13. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State – There is only ONE head coach and football team we pull against in Major College Football and that ONE head coach and football team is….
Jimbo Fisher and Florida State
….and on Saturday it was just too Damn bad that a vastly undermanned NC State team couldn’t find a way to beat FSU and too bad because in our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat…
Jimbo Fisher and Florida State pose a Clear and Present Danger to the Future Success of Football in America
….because of the Total and Complete Bullshit that has been allowed to go on at FSU by Jimbo Fisher in the last couple of years which is of course just our humble opinion.
Up next for Jimbo Fisher and Florida State:
Wake Forest at Home
Go Demon Deacons!
14. Nick Saban, Alabama – Now that CUPCAKE Pre-Season of 4 Games is over for the Alabama Crimson Tide it is back to Big Boy Football for Nick Saban and his football team with a game at Oxford on Saturday against Ole Miss and checking VegasInsider.com out the opening line on the Alabama – Ole Miss game is…
….which is a SHOCKING opening line in our opinion for a team in Alabama that just blew Florida out of Bryant-Denny Stadium but then the Florida Gators needed three overtimes to beat Kentucky at home so does anyone think Florida is anything more than an average football team?
Didn’t think so!
Can Ole Miss actually BEAT and Alabama team that has Four, Five, maybe Six times as much talent and depth as the Rebels?
Maybe BUT Ole Miss beating Alabama would be a HUGE upset even with the Rebels only being a 4-point favorite AND if Ole Miss does beat the Crimson Tide on Saturday then Nick Saban AND his sidekick Lane Kiffin will be marching up the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings come next Monday!
With a WIN over Ole Miss the Alabama Crimson Tide and Nick Saban will be…
1 – 0
…against the REAL Football Teams they have played in 2014!
15. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – In what is a very tough coaching job at New Mexico State in two seasons in that very tough coaching job Doug Martin has posted a win/loss record of…
4 – 13
…..and even at New Mexico State that kind of record will land your rear-end on the Hot Seat and that is where Doug Martin now sits.
Up next for New Mexico State:
Georgia Southern at Home which is a very winnable football game.
Coach ‘em up Doug!
16. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – Bret Bielema has SIX wins on the board in his two seasons as the head football coach at Arkansas and those SIX wins were against:
Oh, by the way with the loss to Texas A&M on Saturday Bret Bielema’s in SEC Conference play is…
0 – 9
….and now with a week off for the Hogs Bret Bielema has the following football games coming down the pike:
At Mississippi State
Will Bret Bielema and Arkansas win a SEC Conference game in 2014?
YES….we believe that Arkansas will win at least one SEC Conference game in 2014 BUT Bret Bielema needs THREE more wins to get to SIX wins total and Arkansas will no doubt beat UAB so where will the Hogs find those other 2 wins?
Uh Freaking Oh!
17. Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech – Georgia Tech had a bye in Week 5 and now it is back to football with a game against Miami at home for Paul Johnson and his undefeated Yellow Jackets in a season where we have been told Paul Johnson will need…
EIGHT WINS and maybe even a win over Georgia
…to return as the head coach of Georgia Tech in 2015 and with these games left to play….
At North Carolina
At NC State
…IF Paul Johnson and his team can’t find FOUR more wins in their last EIGHT games it would make perfect Damn sense for Tech to go looking for a new head football coach come December.
18. Bobby Hauck, UNLV – Bobby, Bobby, Bobby….you got off the Hot Seat last season by posting a .500 record and winning a bowl game BUT you come back out in 2014 and start the season at…
1 – 4
…..and where do you find yourself again….
Right back on the Hot Seat!
Up next for the stumbling UNLV Rebels and Bobby Hauck:
At San Jose State
Come on Bobby Hauck…..Coach ‘em Up!
19. Larry Blakeney, Troy – In 24 seasons as the head football coach at Troy head coach Larry Blakeney has posted a win/loss record of…
175 – 109 – 1
….and has won…
8 Conference Titles
….but the man that played quarterback for the legendary Ralph “Shug” Jordan at Auburn in the mid to late 1960s has seen his Troy football team struggle mightily the past four seasons posting a record of…
14 – 27
…including now a….
0 – 5
…start to the 2014 season which has landed Larry Blakeney on the Hot Seat.
Is 2014 Larry Blakeney’s last season in his impressive run as an assistant coach under Pat Dye at Auburn and head coach at Troy?
More than likely YES and that is why Troy needs to send Coach Blakeney out with some wins beginning with a game against New Mexico State at home in two weeks!
Come on Troy football players!
20. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech – For all of the magazine covers, photo shoots, dozens of feature stories and generally Kliff Kingsbury doing a Helluva lot of things that that have nothing to do with….
Texas Tech Winning Football Games
…there is no getting around the FACT that in his second season at Tech Kliff Kingsbury’s win/loss record is…
10 – 7
4 – 6
….in Big 12 Conference play and in his last TEN games going back to last season Kliff Kingsbury is….
3 – 7
….and if Kliff Kingsbury is under the impression he can hold onto the Texas Tech job putting up that kind of record even if his Pretty Boy face is on every college football magazine in the country then Pretty Boy is badly mistaken!
Now at 2 – 2 on the 2014 season and with these games left to be played…
At Kansas State
At Iowa State
…we would recommend that Pretty Boy Kingsbury find FOUR more wins or Pretty Boy will be sitting on one of the Hottest Seats in the country entering the 2015 college football season but then when we write that…
“Pretty Boy has a Hot Seat!”
….Pretty Boy probably thinks to himself something like…
“I know my ass is hot and the women love a hot seat so what’s the problem exactly?”
Memo to Pretty Boy Kingsbury: Cancel the photo sessions and just coach your Damn football team!