Coaches Hot Seat Quotes of the Day – Friday, July 20, 2012 – Gary Player
“The harder you work, the luckier you get.”
“Each shot is important.”
“Golf is a puzzle without an answer. I’ve played the game for 40 years and I still haven’t the slightest idea how to play.”
“If there’s a golf course in heaven, I hope it’s like Augusta National. I just don’t want an early tee time.”
“A good golfer has the determination to win and the patience to wait for the breaks.”
“We create success or failure on the course primarily by our thoughts.”
“You must work very hard to become a natural golfer.”
Gary Player’s Ten Commandments
1. Change is the price of survival.
2. Everything in business is negotiable, except quality.
3. A promise made is a debt incurred.
4. For all we take in life we must pay.
5. Persistence and common sense are more important than intelligence.
6. The fox fears not the man who boasts by night but the man who rises early in the morning.
7. Accept the advice of the man who loves you, though you like it not at present.
8. Trust instinct to the end, though you cannot render any reason.
9. The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but that while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night.
10. There is no substitute for personal contact.
Wikipedia: Gary Player