OK…let’s get to the Post Week 2 – 10 – 20 Hot Seat Coaches which means bringing in again the Late Great Johnny Cash!
11. Willie Taggart, South Florida – South Florida looked OK at times against Florida State on Saturday BUT the Seminoles didn’t look very motivated in that game in the first half which means it’s hard to judge USF’s effort in Tallahassee BUT that will not be the case this coming Saturday when South Florida plays a very beatable team in Maryland in College Park, MD with the Terps coming off an upset loss to Bowling Green.
With an overall record of…
7 – 19
….on the board in his third season at South Florida Willie Taggart needs some wins and as we look at the rest of USF’s schedule….
At East Carolina
…we see NO Damn reason why USF does not win at least 5 of their last 6 games and get bowl eligible in 2015!
We are sick of seeing you on the Hot Seat Willie Taggart so get off your ass and get your team ready to play and beat Maryland Willie!
12. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – Todd Monken and his Southern Miss team got their CUPCAKE win over Austin Peay on Saturday by a score of 52 – 6 and now comes a HUGE football game for the future of Monken in Hattiesburg as the Golden Eagles travel on the road to play Texas State which is a game that USM should win based upon the history of both of these football programs. With a game at Nebraska lined-up for Week 4 a win against Texas State is a MUST for Todd Monken and Southern Miss in Week 3 and a loss in this spot will just mean….
The Heat will just get HOTTER for Todd Monken!
13. Al Golden, Miami – Al Golden and his Miami Hurricanes got the win they had to have over Florida Atlantic last Friday night and now the REAL football season and a very tough schedule begins for the Canes in a run of games that will determine Al Golden’s future in South Florida.
Check-out Miami’s remaining schedule with the Canes now sitting at 2 – 0:
At Florida State
At North Carolina
Our contacts in South Florida who admittedly aren’t exactly tied into the Miami football program since they live in West Palm Beach and Jupiter, Florida and play professional golf for a living tell us that anything less than…
9 Wins in 2015
…and Al Golden is DONE at Miami which means Al Golden needs his Miami team to win 7 of their last 10 games and since this is Miami we are talking about here IF Al Golden can’t get that 9 wins he should be DONE in Coral Gables!
14. Trent Miles, Georgia State – In a match-up of two of the worst teams in FBS college football a hearty Congratulations are in order to Trent Miles on the Georgia State football team with a win over a Pitiful New Mexico State team on Saturday! Here’s the BAD news for Trent Miles and Georgia State…..their next game is…
This is Trent Miles third season at Georgia State and we are looking for a “jump” of some kind over the ONE game that GSU won in Miles first two seasons at GSU and with these games remaining to be played…..
At Ball State2
At Arkansas State
La – Lafayette
At Texas State
At Georgia Southern
…we see No Damn Reason at all why Georgia State doesn’t win FOUR-plus games in 2015 and with that we can only say to Trent Miles…
Good Luck against the Ducks!
15. Charlie Strong, Texas – Charlie Strong’s Texas Longhorns beat Rice on Saturday by a score of…
42 – 28
….which in most of the last glorious 100-plus years of Texas football would have meant about as much as a tumble weed blowing through the west Texas plains and now we get back to football for the Horns with a decent Cal team traveling to Austin in what is clearly…
The Biggest Game of Charlie Strong’s Coaching Career!
IF Texas does lose to Cal on Saturday and drops to 1 – 2 in non-conference play with the Big 12 Conference schedule beginning a week later with a game against Oklahoma State there is a very good chance that Texas does NOT get to 6 wins in 2015 and if that happens then about ANYTHING could happen in Austin come December including Charlie Strong being written a BIG check to go find something else to do with his life on this Earth.
On a somewhat related subject Scout.com’s Chip Brown is continuing to do some great reporting on the Complete Freaking Disaster that has been Texas athletic director Steve Patterson’s tenure in Austin….
Sources: Fenves weighing Patterson’s future, Chip Brown, Scout.com
….to which we can only say in response to…
Please is there anyone that can explain to us here at Coaches Hot Seat how in the Hell that Steve Patterson is still the AD at Texas?
Read the Great John Canzano in The Oregonian newspaper on the Sorry Excuse for a Human Being that is Steve Patterson:
Steve Patterson and Texas…theater worth watching again, John Canzano, The Oregonian
As for who should be the next AD at Texas we know someone who would be a GREAT and Helluva AD for Texas especially in the Disaster that Steve Patterson has created in Austin and although we are hesitant to nominate this sitting AD for the Texas job because we don’t want to hurt his chances BUT if we were running the University of Texas we would be hiring as new Texas AD….
Arizona AD Greg Byrne
Memo to Univ. of Texas President Gregory Fenves: Fire Steve Patterson’s Sorry Ass already and hire Greg Byrne already to lead the Texas athletic department!
Arizona AD Greg Byrne was destined to enter family business, Steve Rivera, Fox Sports Arizona
16. Ron Caragher, San Jose State – With a loss to Air Force in Colorado Springs on Saturday Ron Caragher’s San Jose State team dropped to 1 – 1 on the year and Caragher’s win/loss records at SJSU in three years at the school now stand at:
Overall: 10 – 16
MWC: 7 – 10
Sorry…the above win/loss records are NOT going to get the job done even at San Jose State and from what we have heard from the San Jose area Ron Caragher needs 6 wins in 2015 to return as the head coach of the Spartans in 2016 and with this schedule remaining…
At Oregon State
San Diego State
….we see No Damn Reason at all why San Jose State shouldn’t be able to win….
5 of their last 10 games
…and with that in mind get to work Ron Caragher!
17. Norm Chow, Hawaii – No one thought that Hawaii had any chance to beat Ohio State in Columbus BUT we did expect the Warriors to at least put a few points up on the board instead of a big fat ZERO and now returning home Norm Chow needs to regroup his team and make sure they get win over FCS team UC Davis this coming Saturday.
With NO winning seasons in his first three years on the job at Hawaii Norm Chow REALLY needs to lead the Warriors to a bowl game in 2015 and that means Chow needs to find 6 more wins out of their remaining 11 games:
At Boise State
San Diego State
At New Mexico
San Jose State
Hell, if Norm Chow and Hawaii can’t win 6 of their last 11 games then why in the Hell would Norm Chow remain the head coach at Hawaii?
There is no good answer to the above question!
18. George O’Leary, UCF – Several Coaches Hot Seat members got to see UCF play Stanford in person on Saturday night on The Farm and their impression of UCF was….
UCF is mediocre at best and hardly even coached at worst!
Oh, but the above makes Perfect Damn Sense with UCF head coach George O’Leary worrying about coming the permanent AD at UCF instead of coaching his football team and No Damn Surprise UCF has started the 2015 season off at…
0 – 2
….with losses to FIU and Stanford and now UCF gets a CUPCAKE game against Furman before playing in a…
Hot Seat Coach vs. Hot Seat Coach
….match-up in Columbia, South Carolina with O’Leary facing off against the increasingly embattled Old Ball Coach…YEP Old Ball Coach….Steve Spurrier!
Who loses when UCF plays South Carolina in two weeks or so?
The poor folks who are the stadium is who loses when UCF plays South Carolina on September 26 in Columbia!
19. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina – South Carolina looked very Damn average against North Carolina in Week 1 and in Week 2 the Gamecocks looked totally out-of-sorts at times against Kentucky and even worse Steve Spurrier…
….which brings to mind The Byrds song from when Steve Spurrier was still a student and football player at the University of Florida…
Turn, Turn, Turn
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”
Readers of the Bible…not Donald Trump for Damn sure…will recognize the lyrics of Turn, Turn, Turn which are almost verbatim from the Book of Ecclesiastes verse 3 1 – 8 and the TRUTH is barring a major miracle Steve Spurrier’s legendary coaching career is OVER and that TRUTH could be displayed for everyone to see with South Carolina traveling to Athens on Saturday to play the Georgia Bulldogs.
No doubt Mark Richt will not run-up the score on the Old Ball Coach if things get out-of-hand in Athens on Saturday night and for Damn sure Steve Spurrier will know full-well or not if Mark Richt is taking it easy against his old foe and that reality will kill the Old Ball Coach worse than anything else in the world!
20. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame – Even before starting Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire got hurt the Hapless Virginia Cavaliers had the Irish on the ropes and if not for yet another Total Collapse of UVA football under Mike London it would be Brian Kelly sitting on one of the Hottest Seats in the country right now which is truly another episode of the Luck of the Irish with this “Luck” being Totally Incompetent Coaching by Notre Dame’s opponent!
Up next for Notre Dame…
Georgia Tech at home and we await to see what kind of “Luck” the Irish will get this week to beat the Yellow Jackets because no doubt Paul Johnson will do something STUPID as well to give away this game to the Irish!
Let’s take a quick look at Notre Dame’s remaining schedule and guess how many wins the Irish will have in 2015 now sitting at 2 – 0:
Our guess…Notre Dame wins EIGHT games in 2015 and if the Irish only win EIGHT games in 2015 Brian Kelly WILL BE FIRED shortly after the Stanford game on November 28….PERIOD…and a sitting NFL coach who happens to be Catholic will be the next head football coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.