2020 Has Been Helluva Interesting Year…And It’s Not Over Yet – Post Week Whatever Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – Let’s Bring Out The Great Johnny Cash To Give These Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
It may not be discernable to many but there are some teams playing Excellent Football in 2020 and there are some teams that are Totally Mailing-It-In in 2020 and those in the latter category have their Head Coaches either on or headed to the Hot Seat! As the late Great Andy Grove used to say….
….and thus it’s time for Head Coaches to embrace the turbulence they now find themselves in instead of complaining, whining, bitching, and generally doing lots of crying about how tough they got it since the 15+ Combat Vets at Coaches Hot Seat who did multiple deployments on the oceans of the world Haze Grey and Underway in the US Navy all over the world for 6+ months away from America including Operation Desert Storm in 1991…
Don’t Want To Hear Your Worthless Damn Crybaby Excuses!
Toughen Your Damn Asses Up and Quit Your Damn Crying Your Prima Donna Millionaire Crybabies!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vandy has played some decent football in 2020 losing by 5 points to Texas A&M, 7 points to Mississippi State, and 3 points to Kentucky but….
0 – 6 is 0 – 6
…and Vandy has left in 2020 games against…
That looks like 0 – 10 to us and with Derek Mason’s records now at…
Overall: 27 – 53
SEC: 10 – 44
…we cannot imagine Mason could survive a winless 2020 season pandemic or not but then if we were running Vandy Athletics we been going NUTS long ago about the state of Vandy Football on all levels from Talent to that Beyond Pitiful Stadium the team plays in!
2. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – In the past 40+ years we have seen lots of college football teams get their asses whipped but we have never seen a team just…
Flat Out Quit and Get Their Manhood Taken Away
….which Wisconsin made and did to Michigan last Saturday in Ann Arbor!
We have some opinions on why Jimmy Harbaugh has Totally Lost the Plot at Michigan which we will keep to ourselves for now, but since Ohio State whipped Blue to end the 2018 season the Michigan Football program has been in a Totally Free-Fall posting records of..
Overall: 10 – 10
Big Ten: 7 – 6
Michigan now at 1 – 3 on the season has games left against…
At Ohio State
…and there’s at least a 50 – 50 chance now that Michigan Football Players will…
Totally Damn Quit
..and finish the season with 4 straight losses to finish at 1 – 7 which of course would lead to the end of the Harbaugh era in Ann Arbor which will also probably happen if Blue splits their last 2 games.
Great Luck Jimmy and you better Damn not lose to this Rutgers team which just got beat by…wait for it…Illinois!
3. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Arizona had USC beat in their first game of the season and should have beaten the Trojans but again Kevin Sumlin let a win get away and that leaves Sumlin’s records in his 3 rd season at Arizona at…
Overall: 9 – 16
Pac-12: 6 – 13
….and if those records are acceptable at Arizona now when Rich Rodriguez got fired after posting a 7 – 6 record in his last year in Tucson then Arizona Football no longer exists as a Real Entity on the Earth!
4. Les Miles, Kansas – We haven’t a Damn Clue why Kansas hired Les Miles but then we still don’t have a Damn Clue why Kansas hire Charlie Weis and yet Miles in his 2 nd season on the job his records are….
Overall: 3 – 15
Big 12: 1 – 13
…and the 0 – 7 Jayhawks have left in 2020 >
At Texas Tech
Got 0 – 10 in Lawrence?
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Jeremy Pruitt has now coached 31 games at Tennessee and has posted a record of..
15 – 16
…and after 31 games at Tennessee the last head coach of the Vols Butch Jones had posted a record of…
15 – 16
In the next 25 games with the Vols Butch Jones posted a record of….
19 – 6
…before Butch Jones got fired in his 5 th season on the job and if Pruitt begins to fall behind Jones trajectory of Wins and Loses then he will be fired and we cannot imagine the money folks at Tennessee will allow current AD Phil Fulmer to hire the next head coach because the hiring of Pruitt will have been…
A Sub-Butch Jones Failure!
Tennessee is now 2 – 4 on the season and have left to play…
….and if the Vols go 1 – 3 in their last 4 games to finish at 3 – 7 then Jeremy Pruitt…
Should Be Fired and Will Be Fired….Right After Phil Fulmer is Fired!
That is if the money folks at Tennessee give 2 Damn Rips about the future success of Tennessee Football!
6. Clay Helton, USC – The USC Trojans barely beating Arizona State at home and Arizona on the road says more about the current state of USC Football and how far the Trojans have fallen under Helton who now barely beats Mediocre Teams which luckily for Helton the Pac-12 is full of these days!
The wobbly 2 – 0 Trojans have left on their 2020 schedule games against…
…with luckily for USC again the Utes with a reduced roster ravaged by Corona Virus which Kyle Whittingham doesn’t seem to have any control of with his football team but such is the Luck of Clay Helton!
If USC can finish at 4 – 2 on the season then Clay Helton will get another year of coaching the Trojans and that’s gotta be Knife to the Gut of the fans of USC Football….but finish at 3 – 3 and Clay Helton is DONE!
7. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Since that 10 – 4 season in his first year at Virginia Tech Head Coach Justin Fuente has posted records of..
Overall: 27 – 20
ACC: 18 – 13
…which is Average Football in Blacksburg and the now 4 – 4 Hokies have games left against…
…which could be anything from 3 – 0 to 0 – 3 and therein lies the problem with Fuente’s tenure at Virginia Tech….
No one really knows what the Hell is coming next!
Virginia Tech should beat Pitt and Virginia and lose to Clemson to finish at 6 – 5 which will probably get Fuente another season….as hard as that is to believe for some of us!
Virginia Tech has become an Average Football Program and maybe the folks in Blacksburg just need to accept that FACT and move on down the road!
8. Scott Frost, Nebraska – The way Nebraska reacted after beating a Pitiful Penn State team at home you would have thought the Huskers won their first National Title since Dr. Tom retired but alas…
It was just beating a Pitiful Penn State Team folks!
The 1 – 2 Huskers have left to play in 2020….
…and if Nebraska fools around and loses to Illinois at home on Saturday with at Iowa and at Purdue up next Scott Frost could very well be coaching his last season as Head Coach of the Huskers!
Don’t lose to Illinois Scott!
9. Steve Campbell, South Alabama – Steve Campbell was hired to be the Head Coach at South Alabama before the 2018 season replacing Joey Jones who had posted records in 6 seasons with the Jaguars of..
Overall: 52 – 50
Sun Belt: 18 – 29
….and Steve Campbell in his 3 rd year on the job has posted records of…
Overall: 8 – 24
Sun Belt: 5 – 16
Clearly South Alabama has taken a step or two or three backwards under Campbell even as they have moved into a brand new football stadium and we can only wonder how long this will allowed to continue down the current path…not much longer….Right?
10. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Now at 1 – 7 on the season Syracuse hasn’t looked like much of a football team in 2020 with only a win over Georgia Tech on the board and with these games left to be played…
At Notre Dame
…there is a very good chance the Orangemen finish at 1 – 10 and that will be nothing short of a….
Complete Freaking Disaster in Dino Babers 5 th season at Syracuse
Come on Dino….Homer Smith is watching Son!