We waited a day to do the Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis because we were told there might have been a very surprising development on Monday with a current FBS Head Coach on the Hot Seat which didn’t happen but if it had happened it would have been a Blockbuster Story!
Maybe it will happen…maybe it will not….but something’s going to happen for sure down the road with that head coach!
Let’s bring out the Late Great Johnny Cash to give these Coaches on the Hot Seat Hell!
1. Chip Kelly, UCLA – We are not sure what Chip Kelly is trying to do at UCLA but continuing to run an offense that’s best days are behind it and is also incredibly easy to defend with the lack of talent the Bruins are able to put on the field is nothing but a recipe for a Total Disaster and by any measure an 0 – 3 start to Kelly’s second season in Westwood is already a Total Disaster!
UCLA has left in 2019 the following games…
At Washington State At Arizona Oregon State At Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
Our guess is that the Bruins win 2 games tops in 2019 and if that happens the Bruins will be looking for a new head coach in early December!
Our recommendation to Chip Kelly > Do something on offense that is not so easy to defend and when Bill Walsh was stuck in trying to get his offense going that would always lead to first…
Getting the Quarterback Moving Around!
2. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Willie Taggart is now sitting on the following records at FSU in his second season >
Overall: 6 – 9 ACC: 3 – 6
And after the loss to Virginia the 1 – 2 Seminoles have left in 2019 >
Louisville NC State At Clemson At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
We see no way that FSU wins more than 6 games in 2019 and there’s no way Willie Taggart can survive going 6 – 6 or worse in his second season in Tallahassee!
3. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – No surprise that South Carolina lost to Alabama and with that loss Will Muschamp’s records at USC now stand at:
Overall: 23 – 19 SEC: 12 – 13
Muschamp’s Overall Record at USC = Average Muschamp’s SEC Record at USC = Disaster
Now at 1 – 2 on the season South Carolina has left in 2019 >
At Missouri Kentucky At Georgia Florida At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
Can Muschamp and South Carolina win 5 of their last 9 games?
We don’t see how and Muschamp goes 5 – 7 in his fourth season at South Carolina that has got to be incredibly disappointing and 5 – 7 in 2019 would leave Boom’s records at USC something like >
Overall: 27 – 24 SEC: 15 – 16
That’s just…So Damn Average!
4. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Justin Fuente has brought in former Minnesota Head Coach Jerry Kill to try and fix some serious issues in Blacksburg but the problems with Virginia Tech Start, Continue, and Will Never End because of the Lack of Leadership + Coaching that Fuente has NOT provided to his football program going on over 2 years now and we cannot help but wonder >
Just why in the Hell is Justin Fuente not Leading + Coaching his Freaking Football Team?
At its core…what is wrong with Virginia Tech is a Morale + Lack of Leadership Problem that is caused by Justin Fuente abdicating his role as the Head Football Coach at Virginia Tech and that is why the Hokies have posted a record over their last 17 games of >
8 – 9
Now at 2 – 1 on the season with wins over Old Dominion and Furman the Hokies have left in 2019 >
Duke At Miami Rhode Island North Carolina At Notre Dame Wake Forest At Georgia Tech Pitt At Virginia
If Virginia Tech plays against the above teams like it has played against Boston College, Old Dominion, and Furman they will be Very Lucky to win 6 games in 2019 and there’s not a chance in Hell that Fuente can survive a sub-.500 record in his fourth year at Virginia Tech…nor should he survive what be nothing short of a Total Disaster!
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Tennessee beat Chattanooga on Saturday which is like saying the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team beat a 110 lb. Pee Week Football Team so that win = Nothing Damn At All and now it’s back to Big Boy Football for the Vols with a game at Florida. Surprising to us Florida looks in Dan Mullen’s second year on the job Very Poorly Coached and that may be good enough to beat Tennessee on Saturday, but it does give the Vols a chance to win a game that really the Vols should have no chance of winning.
Florida is a 14-point favorite over Tennessee which speaks to how far the Vols have fallen under Jeremy Pruitt who is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 6 – 9 SEC: 2 – 6
…and with these games left to play in 2019 >
At Florida Georgia Mississippi State At Alabama South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Missouri Vanderbilt
If Tennessee loses at Florida to drop to 1 – 3 on the season we cannot see how the Vols win 6 games in 2019 and can Pruitt survive posting two straight losing seasons in his first two seasons in Knoxville?
The standards are now so low at Tennessee he just might be able to survive it…unless someone steps-up and buys everyone out in the Tennessee Athletic Department and that might just happen especially if the Vols lose to Vandy again to end the season!
6. Lovie Smith, Illinois – There is No Damn Explanation for why Lovie Smith was ever hired as the head coach at Illinois nor that Smith had his contract extended this past offseason after being a Total Disaster in his first three seasons coaching the Illini so is anyone surprised that Lovie’s football team lost to Eastern Michigan at home on Saturday?
Of course not if your IQ is 2+!
Lovie Smith is now sitting on the following records at Illinois…
Overall: 11 – 28
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and the Illini have the following games left in 2019 >
Nebraska At Minnesota Michigan Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
We would be very surprised if the now 2 – 1 Illini won more than 2 more games in 2019 which would add up to 4 – 8 in Smith’s fourth year on the job and this being Illinois that should lead to >
Lovie Smith getting a Lifetime Contract at Illinois!
What a time to be alive!
7. Clay Helton, USC – To understand just where the USC Football Program is right now consider this >
In Clay Helton’s 52nd game at USC the Trojans lost to a BYU football team that had to go into overtime to beat a Tennessee team that lost to…wait for it…Georgia State on its home field!
Clay Helton’s record at USC over his last 16 games now stands at…
7 – 9
…and the 2 – 1 Trojans still have to play in 2019 >
Utah At Washington At Notre Dame Arizona At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
USC would be Damn Lucky to go 5 – 4 in their last 9 games and if Clay Helton goes 7 – 5 in his 5th season at the school the Trojans will be looking to a new head coach in early December.
8. Chris Ash, Rutgers – Rutgers had a bye in Week 3 but Chris Ash in his fourth season at Rutgers is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 8 – 30 Big Ten: 3 – 25
….and the 1 – 1 Scarlet Knights have left in 2019 >
Boston College At Michigan Maryland At Indiana Minnesota Liberty At Illinois Ohio State Michigan State At Penn State
We be stunned if Rutgers won more than 2 more games in 2019 and a 3 – 9 record in your fourth season on the job…even at Rutgers…would have to lead to a head coaching change…right?
9. Charlie Strong, South Florida – Charlie Strong and South Florida beat South Carolina State in Week 3 to get to 1 – 2 on the season but looking at the rest of the Bulls 2019 schedule one has to think there are a lot of Losses coming down the pike!
SMU At UConn BYU At Navy At East Carolina Temple Cincinnati Memphis At UCF
Our guess is that….South Florida wins 4 or 5 games this season and there’s no way Charlie Strong can survive posting a 4 – 8 or 5 – 7 record in his third season at USF…right?
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – In 40+ years of us watching college football here at Coaches Hot Seat we have NEVER seen a football team more Unprepared To Play a football game than Boston College last Friday night against Kansas with BC looking like their head coaches had spent the entire week hanging out at bars getting drunk letting the BC players coach themselves!
If Steve Addazio is not going to bother to actually get his football team ready to play football games against vastly inferior opponents then his ass should resign in embarrassment or maybe Addazio can actually show up his ass up to work this week to get his team ready to play at Rutgers…another vastly inferior team….so watch out because Addazio has a track record of not doing Any Damn Work…in our humble opinion….when his team is heavily favored in a game >
Boston College is a 7.5 favorite against Rutgers = Watch Out BC Fans because could be another Total Damn Collapse on the way this Saturday!
If Addazio loses to Rutgers his ass is going right on the #1 Hot Seat because he would need to have his ass fired right after the game on the field!
With Week 2 of the college football season in the books let’s get right to the Great Johnny Cash to tell these coaches on the Hot Seat what it’s all about!
Thank You Mr. Cash and for anyone that hasn’t seen the following great documentary on the Man in Black Johnny Cash made by the BBC it is well worth your time which produced this terrific quote from Roseanne Cash >
“Johnny Cash is a two-word answer for why it’s still good to be an America.”
1. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Every Summer several of us at Coaches Hot Seat get together for a Great American Road Trip with our RVs and in the Summer of 2018 we drove from San Francisco to Boston and back with our wives and kids along for the ride at least part of the time. We always try to stop along the way at college towns or cities related to Coaches on the Hot Seat and last year we got to two places related to Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt >
Now, we have been to both of these cities many times for business and football games in the past, but this time we were interested to learn what we could from people that that knew Jeremy Pruitt when he was an assistant coach at Hoover High School in the suburb of Hoover, Alabama about 20 miles south of Birmingham and learn a lot we did. Over two days we had a couple of lunches at Taziki’s Mediterranean Café (Great Greek Food!) and Jim N’ Nick’s BBQ both only a few miles from Hoover High School.
What we learned in those two lunches about Pruitt and the guy he used to work for at Hoover High School, head coach Rush Propst, was interesting indeed and we carried with us to Knoxville where we were to meet our kids for a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and Dollywood, a theme park owned by the Great Dolly Parton, an opinion of Pruitt we did not have before our trip to Hoover. In Knoxville we met with people that had only known and watched Pruitt since he got to town only a few months earlier to take over the Tennessee football program and they had some very definite opinions of Pruitt that have sharpened a good bit in the last year and who we touched base again with on the Sunday after the Vols lost to BYU.
A question that we posed to all of these people in 2018 and in the last few weeks has been >
Who exactly is Jeremy Pruitt and what do you think of him?
Very interesting is that not one person, in Hoover, Alabama or Knoxville, Tennessee had anything remotely positive to say about Jeremy Pruitt and they also didn’t have a ton of negative things to say about Pruitt with most of it being boilerplate in nature, but almost every one of them said something along the lines of (and we are paraphrasing here) >
“Jeremy has never been wrong and he never will be wrong.”
“It is not within Pruitt to admit he is wrong…about anything.”
“Jeremy tends to blame others when things go wrong and takes the credit when things go right.”
Now the above are the opinions of American Citizens who shared those opinions with us without fear or favor and we also got some very strong opinions on the man Pruitt worked for at Hoover High School, Rush Propst, and we can characterize those opinions along the lines of Propst being one of the most arrogant human beings we have ever heard described by others, but then most in and around the game of football know the backstory on Rush Propst who is now out of football after being suspended from his last high school job in Georgia. Now related to Rush Propst and Hoover High School Football many years ago when a couple of Coaches Hot Seat members were in Birmingham on business we went out to Hoover High School to watch Propst coach his football team in practice and Jeremy Pruitt was on those practice fields and one thing that really stood out to us from watching that practice very close to the field with someone that played at the school decades before was that it was never-ending of running down the players by almost all the Hoover coaches. Yes, that is something we will never forget, which is something we would not tolerate from anyone coaching our kids because we know there’s a way to coach kids without running their asses down all day.
Getting back to Jeremy Pruitt we have a Coaches Hot Seat member who played for Paul “Bear” Bryant at Alabama in the 1970s and he always talks about how Coach Bryant would “give credit to the players when we won and take the blame when we lost” and actually Coach Bryant had a quote along those lines that we really believe in here at Coaches Hot Seat >
“If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That’s all it takes to get people to win football games for you.” Paul “Bear” Bryant
Now, we tried to remember Jeremy Pruitt ever taking blame for anything in his stops at Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama, and in his second season at Tennessee and we could not remember or find one on the Internet and in fact we found the exact opposite of Pruitt blaming his players when things go wrong and taking credit when things for right.
Case in point to what we have written above below you will find a video of Jeremy Pruitt’s press conference right after the lost to BYU on Saturday night and we ask that you watch this press conference and tell us if you see Pruitt taking blame for the loss or do you see as we do Pruitt immediately blaming his players for not performing, and we remind folks that Pruitt has been paid $7 Million Dollars over the last two years to get his football team ready to play in games and yet when the team fails it’s not Pruitt’s fault….it’s the players’ fault:
Sorry Jeremy Pruitt….but you are Sorry As Hell and we are not sure exactly where you learned to blame players as the Head Coach instead of taking responsibility for YOUR team’s play since YOU are the Head Coach, but we have some good guesses and both are in Alabama where you worked for two head coaches in Rush Propst and Nick Saban who also….have never been wrong…and when things go bad both blame others in our opinion which Saban did the entire offseason blaming other assistant coaches and the team not playing up to the “Alabama standard” in the loss to Clemson…whatever the Hell that is Nick!
It’s seems clear to us that Jeremy Pruitt is never wrong and he’s working for an athletic director in Phil Fulmer who also is never wrong and it’s just our opinion that Pruitt and Fulmer will burn down the Tennessee Football program totally before either would admit they have been wrong about anything meaning Pruitt in how he is coaching and getting his football team ready to play games and Fulmer ever admitting he made a mistake in hiring Pruitt.
What you have fans of Tennessee Football is a potentially disastrous situation where there are two people in positions of power over the Vols football program who in our opinion will…
Destroy It Totally Before They Ever Admit They Were Wrong!
Just our humble opinion.
As for the BYU – Tennessee game let’s just be honest here >
It was two teams that played hard but were only mediocrely coached with both teams making lots of mistakes on the field and in coaching decisions, but in the end BYU made a play or two and won a game they had no Damn business winning and at the end of that game as you can clearly see >
Jeremy Pruitt blamed his players instead of taking personal responsibility for what happened on the field which he is paid Millions of Dollars to do and for that Jeremy…
You Are Worthless As Hell and Not Fit To Call Yourself A Member of Any Alabama Family Associated with Paul “Bear” Bryant because the Bear would kick your Sorry and Worthless Ass for being the Total Damn Prick that you are, and we know at least one former Alabama football player that played for the Bear who calls your behavior “below shameless and selfish as Hell!”
Jeremy Pruitt’s Records at Tennessee >
Overall: 5 – 9
SEC: 2 – 6
Now at 0 – 2 on the 2019 Tennessee has left to play on their schedule >
Chattanooga At Florida Georgia Mississippi State At Alabama South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Mizzou Vanderbilt
Our guess is Tennessee wins 4 games this season and the only way that Pruitt gets fired after a 4 – 8 season is if Phil Fulmer gets fired first because Fulmer is not admitting he made a mistake hiring Pruitt no matter what happens in 2019 or anytime in the future which means eventually Fulmer will be fired and the Tennessee President/Chancellor will then fire Pruitt and then maybe the next AD will hire someone like Mike Leach who Tennessee fans….you could have already had in his second season in Knoxville who be WINNING BIG!
2. Chip Kelly, UCLA – After the loss to San Diego State at the Rose Bowl on Saturday by the Bruins in front of a crowd that looked like 10,000 or so people we are not quite sure what Chip Kelly is doing in Westwood but for Damn sure it doesn’t look like he is coaching this UCLA football team!
Chip Kelly is running an offense that will not work in today’s game even if he had more talent at QB and elsewhere on the field so we don’t know exactly where this is going but we do know that following >
Chip Kelly’s Record at UCLA >
Overall: 3 – 11
Pac-12: 3 – 6
UCLA remaining schedule >
Oklahoma At Washington State At Arizona Oregon State At Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
The Bruins will be lucky to win 2 games in 2019 and we are quite confident that Kelly cannot survive a 2 win season and that athletic director Dan Guerrero will be fired first and then the next AD will hire a new head coach for the Bruins who might be the current offensive coordinator at USC if he’s interested in the job!
3. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Willie Taggart stole a win over La. Monroe on Saturday in what can be called nothing but Another Damn Pitiful Performance by the Florida State Football Team under Taggart which there have been a Helluva Lot of the last two seasons.
Sitting on these records….
Overall: 6 – 8
ACC: 3 – 5
….Taggart has very little margin for error since the Seminoles at a minimum will need 6 wins and probably 8 for Willie to coach FSU in 2020 and with that in mind let’s look at what the 1 – 1 Noles have left to play in 2019 >
At Virginia Louisville NC State At Clemson At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
If you can’t beat Boise State and care only barely beat La. Monroe on your homefield then for Damn sure you are not going to 5 of your last 9 games playing the above schedule so we fully expect the FSU job to open up shortly after the Florida game in early December big buyout for Willie or not because this Horseshit FSU now playing….we nor anyone else can stand it for another season!
4. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – South Carolina played well against Charleston Southern which is like saying the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team looked good against the Masons, who we regularly score 100+ points a game on, so what’s ahead for the Gamecocks is what’s important and now at 1 – 1 USC has left >
Alabama At Mizzou Kentucky At Georgia Florida At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
South Carolina should beat Vanderbilt and Appalachian State at home so that’s 3 wins….they should beat Tennessee in Knoxville so that’s 4 wins….but we don’t see another win on the schedule and anyone that thinks Will Muschamp can post a 4 – 8 record in his fourth year in Columbia and keep his job is either drunk on whiskey, high on Gunja, or kissing AD Ray Tanner’s ass!
5. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – The Hokies beat Old Dominion on Saturday and up next for Va. Tech is another Powerhouse in Furman so the team should be…we repeat…should be 2 – 1 when they host Duke on Friday, September 27 but then after the Blue Devils what’s left is >
At Miami Rhode Island – Another Powerhouse North Carolina At Notre Dame Wake Forest At Georgia Tech Pitt At Virginia
Geez…whoever put together the 2019 Hokies out-of-conference schedule must have thought he has a Total Damn Loser as a head coach who will need 3 sure-wins that even Bozo the Clown could produce but even with those 3 wins how many games will Va. Tech win this season?
Our guess…5 games for a 5 – 7 record in Justin Fuente’s fourth year at Va. Tech and with TWO sure-wins!
Got if the Hokies go 5 – 7 in 2019 that Justin Fuente’s should be run out of Blacksburg?
Yep…in our humble opinion…because Captain Kangaroo could have gotten the Hokies 5 wins coaching them with this Total Horseshit schedule!
6. Charlie Strong, South Florida – We are not quite sure why USF has Totally Collapsed under Charlie Strong over the last 8 games going 0 – 8 from the Houston game forward from last season and losing the first two games of 2019, but it is a Stunning Collapse which should come to an end when the Bulls play South Carolina State this coming Saturday…we say it should!
0 – 2 on the season with these games left to play….
South Carolina State SMU At UConn BYU At Navy At East Carolina Temple Cincinnati Memphis At UCF
….we really cannot see USF getting to 6 wins in 2019 even with wins over South Carolina State and UConn on the road. Can Charlie Strong post a 5 – 7 or worse record in his third season at USF and return to coach the Bulls in 2020? Probably, but why is South Florida Totally Collapsing….that is by far the more important question!
7. Chris Ash, Rutgers – Chris Ash’s Rutgers team got Totally Destroyed by Iowa by the score of 30 – 0 on Saturday with the Hawkeyes only half-awake for the game and that Total Destruction game in…wait for it….Ash’s 38th game at the school in his fourth season on the job!
Chris Ash’s records at Rutgers now stand at >
Overall: 8 – 30
Big Ten: 3 – 25
Rutgers has left to play in 2019 >
Boston College At Michigan Maryland At Indiana Minnesota Liberty At Illinois Ohio State Michigan State At Penn State
We don’t see Rutgers winning another game this season and we rather doubt Ash will make it to end of the 2019 season but then he should have been fired after the 2018 season…in our humble opinion….because Rutgers was a worse-off football program after 3 seasons of Ash coaching them than when Ash took over the program in 2016.
8. Lovie Smith, Illinois – Lovie Smith and the Illini were able to get 2 wins to start the season against Akron and UConn and most any Powder Puff team would be 2 – 0 right now as well playing those 2 games and in Week 3 here comes another team most any Powder Puff team would beat >
Got the AD at Illinois knew he would have a Total Disaster on his hands so he loaded up the out-of-conference schedule with Cupcakes to get 3 easy wins on the books?
Yep….in our humble opinion!
Lovie Smith’s record at Illinois now stand at….
Overall: 11 – 27
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and the Illini have left in 2019 >
Eastern Michigan Nebraska At Minnesota Michigan Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
Mary Tyler Moore coaching the Illini could win 4 games in 2019 but how many more wins will the team get?
Our guess…maybe 5 wins….maybe just 4 wins….but with 3 Cupcakes + Rutgers = Super Big Ten Cupcake Gilligan could have led the Illini to 4 wins in 2019!
9. Kalani Sitake, BYU – BYU got a nice win on the road in Knoxville on Saturday and not surprising the Cougar players played hard throughout as they always have done in our four-plus decades of watching BYU football play and right there is why we are so hard on BYU Head Coaches >
We have been watching BYU football for decades and a couple of us knew Coach LaVell Edwards who was just a Helluva Coach and Man and thus we expect a lot out of BYU Football….A Helluva Lot!
Kilani Sitake played for LaVell Edwards at BYU between 1997 – 2000 where he was a three-year starter at fullback and after the wins over the Vols Sitake’s record now stand at:
Overall: 21 – 20
That’s not good enough for BYU…at least in our humble opinion…and now at 1 – 1 on the season the Cougars have left to play in 2019 >
USC Washington At Toledo At South Florida Boise State At Utah State Liberty Idaho State At UMass At San Diego State
In our opinion having seen USC in person last week at the Coliseum against Stanford the Trojans are beatable and watching Cal beat Washington we believe that UW is beatable and certainly there are at least beyond those two games another 5 games at least on the schedule so 7 – 5 is very doable this season…Very Doable!
10. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Arizona beat Northern Arizona by the score of 65 – 41 on Saturday and now the 1 – 1 Wildcats have left to play this season games against >
Texas Tech UCLA At Colorado Washington At USC At Stanford Oregon State At Oregon Utah At Arizona State
Can Arizona win 5 of its remaining 10 games?
Not if they don’t beat both Texas Tech and UCLA in the next couple of weeks!
Many of us here at Coaches Hot Seat were flying back to San Francisco from Los Angeles on Sunday after seeing Stanford come back and beat UCLA on Saturday night at the Rose Bowl and as we tweeted out on Sunday…
We were surprised but not shocked that LSU fired Les Miles
…because we believe Totally in the saying that now former Florida AD Jeremy Foley has said many times during his great career as AD in Gainesville…
“What will have to be done eventually should be done immediately.”
…and No Damn Doubt in our minds Les Miles should have been fired at the end of the 2016 season because in our opinion…
Les Miles is Incredibly Stubborn and would rather LSU Football lose football games than Miles EVER having to admit that he was wrong about ANYTHING
…and anyone with a working brain knows that Les Miles’ brand of football should be tossed on the scrapheap of college football history and anyone that is considering hiring Les Miles in the future should understand that reality Very Damn Clearly!
The Win/Loss Numbers for Les Miles over the past THREE seasons…2014 – 2016…are Very Damn Ugly Indeed when one considers that during the past THREE seasons Miles has had Top 5 talent in college football and those Win/Loss numbers are…
Overall: 19 – 10
SEC: 10 – 8
Power 5 Schools: 12 – 10
…which is nothing short of a Total and Complete Disaster when you have…
TOP FIVE TALENT in College Football at LSU
…which makes it in our opinion that LSU was 10 Months Late in firing Les Miles and in the end if might cost LSU….
Tom Herman to Texas or USC!
Let’s leave the who will be the next head coach at LSU speculation for another day and give a Hearty Congratulations for Coach Ed Orgeron who is now the…
Head Football Coach at LSU
…and who we hope can win many of the remaining games the Tigers have against…
Missouri At Florida Southern Miss Ole Miss Alabama At Arkansas South Alabama At Texas A&M
…especially since LSU has MORE talent on its roster than every team left on its schedule except for Alabama.
One thing that Coach O said that caught our attention in his press conference on Monday was that LSU was going to…
“Spend less time on the practice field and more time in the meeting rooms.”
….which is what Pete Carroll did at USC and which as former football players here at Coaches Hot Seat is something we have believed in for 30+ years now going back to the Bill Walsh days at Stanford the first-time around.
“Keep the players high. Make practice a pleasure, not a lark. Be a disciplinarian, but not a slave driver. It’s better to have a short, full practice than a long lazy one.”
Amen to that Coach Thomas….and Coach O as well!
Give ‘Em Hell Coach O…and just like at USC…we will be pulling for you Coach!
On the Ron Turner firing at FIU it was no surprise to anyone here at Coaches Hot Seat that Ron Turner was fired in his FOURTH season at FIU where he put up records of…
Overall: 10 – 30
CUSA: 7 – 17
….because as we said when Ron Turner was hired…
FIU had no Damn Business hiring Ron Turner because if you are going to fire Mario Cristobal then you better Damn hire someone better than Cristobal and Ron Turner is not in the same world as Cristobal in coaching college football in the early part of the 21 st century…..PERIOD!
FIU should hire a young, fiery, smart, tenacious, hard-charging, fighting like Hell coach and just realize if the coach does a good job at FIU he will probably be off to a bigger job and then FIU should go out and hire another….
Young, fiery, smart, tenacious, hard-charging, fighting like Hell coach!
Do that FIU….just do that!
Post Week 4 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings
These Hot Seat Coaches Need to Understand Mr. Cash That When You Make Millions of Dollars A Year…Your Ass Will Either Perform Or End Up On The Hot Seat! Give ‘Em Hell Johnny!
1. Clay Helton, USC – We spent several hours with an USC-alum friend of ours on this past Saturday night in Santa Monica after we watched Stanford come back and beat UCLA at the Rose Bowl and to say that our friend and many of his fellow USC-alum friends are PISSED-OFF about the current state of USC football would be a massive understatement!
Consider these numbers for a moment…since 2009 USC’s combined Pac-12 Conference record over the past 8 seasons now stands at…
40 – 25
…which includes USC head coaches Pete Carroll’s last year, Lane Kiffin, Ed Orgeron, Steve Sarkisian, and Clay Helton. Then consider the below numbers which is Alabama and Nick Saban’s record in SEC Conference play over the past 8 seasons…
48 – 8
Why do we mention Nick Saban and Alabama’s record in SEC Conference play over the past 8 seasons you ask?
Because an USC-alum that could buy and sell most of the Westside of Los Angeles on any given afternoon has it written on a dry erase board in his home office and those two numbers….USC and Alabama’s conference records since 2009….was written on that dry erase board by someone who is fed-up with what is going on with USC football, and who is now going around Los Angeles briefing other USC alums about just what in the Hell is going to happen at USC if Clay Helton doesn’t get things turned around with the Trojans…and in a Helluva hurry!
Here are the important win/loss records at USC for Clay Helton as this moment:
Overall: 7 – 7
Pac-12: 5 – 3
The word we got from our USC-alum friend on Saturday night….
Clay Helton either wins 7 games in 2016…meaning USC will need to win 6 of its last 8 games this season…or the Clay Helton era at USC will be over shortly after the Notre Dame game on November 26.
Oh..Clay Helton better Damn beat UCLA and Notre Dame in getting those 7 wins!
Our opinion after talking to our USC-alum friend on Saturday night for a few hours:
Clay Helton better win 7-plus games or there is going to be a MEGA OFFER by USC to hire Tom Herman in 6 or so weeks that will make Herman the highest-paid coach in college football and with that in mind we would recommend that Helton’s Trojans beat Arizona State on Saturday night at the LA Coliseum!
2. Steve Addazio, Boston College – Steve Addazio’s Boston College team beat Total Damn Cupcake Wagner on Saturday which raised the Eagles overall record in 2016 to…
2 – 2
….which leaves Addazio’s win/loss records in four seasons at…
Overall: 19 – 23
ACC: 8 – 18
…and on Saturday BC plays host to Buffalo in a game that we would recommend Steve Addazio NOT lose because if the Eagles did lose to a Buffalo team at home then Addazio might not be the BC coach by Noon on Sunday!
It’s all very simple for Steve Addazio in 2016 IF Boston College can beat Buffalo on Saturday:
Win at least 6 games and Addazio will get another season at BC.
Don’t win at least 6 games and the Boston College job will open up in late November…if not sooner!
3. Charlie Strong, Texas – Our Texas-alum friends are NOT Stupid and after Texas got beat by what many of us think is just an average California team coupled with Notre Dame’s defense being more porous than a 3-year old sponge Charlie Strong is now in a very dangerous spot where Charlie will either win several critical games coming up or he might be out of a job before the 2016 season is half over.
The numbers or Charlie Strong at Texas are very mediocre…
Overall: 13 – 15
Big 12: 9 – 9
…and even though we think the world of Charlie and are hoping he can turn Texas back into a college football power the TRUTH is that Notre Dame’s Total Damn Collapse has turned up the heat on Strong who is facing TWO CRITICAL games in the next TWO weeks…
At Oklahoma State Oklahoma
….that with TWO losses could very well lead to Charlie Strong being shown the door before the Longhorns play Iowa State on October 15.
Oh Yes…Charlie Strong is in a very precarious situation and from what we have been told…
“Anything less than 8 wins in 2016 and Charlie is done….PERIOD!”
….because the Texas boys with very deep pockets are not going to be left on the outside looking in on the Tom Herman sweepstakes and if a change in the head coaching job at Texas has to be made and USC is offering Tom Herman…
$8 Million A Year
…the Texas Boys will go with…
$9 Million A Year!
Our recommendation to Charlie Strong:
Beat Oklahoma State on Saturday Charlie and for God’s Sake…start playing some Damn Defense!
4. Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State – The numbers since Fresno State won the Mountain West Conference title for the second straight time in 2013 are very ugly indeed for Tim DeRuyter and his Bulldogs….since 2013 Fresno State’s records at…
Overall: 10 – 18
MWC: 7 – 13
…and a home loss to Tulsa in two overtimes on Saturday just made things that much worse and now it’s either…
Start Winning Some Football Games
…for Tim DeRuyter or there will be a new head football coach for Fresno State come sometime in December.
How many games does Tim DeRuyter need to win in 2016 to keep his job?
At least 6 games total Tim…at least 6 games.
Now at 1 – 3 on the season and these games still left to be played…
At UNLV At Nevada San Diego State At Utah State Air Force At Colorado State Hawaii San Jose State
….can the Bulldogs win 5 of their last 8 games?
If they can’t then Tim DeRuyter NEEDS to be fired!
5. Paul Haynes, Kent State – With the Alabama whipping of Kent State on Saturday Paul Haynes record coaching the Golden Flashes over the last FOUR seasons now stands at…
Overall: 10 – 29
MAC: 6 – 17
…and with KSU now at 1 – 3 on the 2016 season either Haynes will get his team to 6 wins in 2016 or Kent State will be looking for a new head coach come December.
Next up for Paul Haynes and Kent State…
Akron and head coach Terry Bowden at home on Saturday!
Good Luck with that Paul!
6. Gus Malzahn, Auburn – We especially wanted to talk to some our Auburn friends after the Tigers close win over LSU on Saturday to get their opinions on the future of Gus Malzahn and it took until Tuesday afternoon to reach all of them and the general consensus among the Auburn alums we talked to is this…
Gus Malzahn will more than likely be back to coach at Auburn in 2017 IF the Tigers at least SEVEN games in 2016 and with that in mind and Auburn now sitting on a 2 – 2 record this season here is what AU have left to play:
La. Monroe At Mississippi State Arkansas At Ole Miss Vanderbilt At Georgia Alabama A&M At Alabama
So Gus Malzahn has to win FIVE of his last EIGHT games to return as the Auburn coach in 2017 and he has…
TWO Total Damn Cupcakes in La. Monroe and Alabama A&M
….so Malzahn has to win THREE of SIX games against…
At Mississippi State Arkansas At Ole Miss Vanderbilt At Georgia At Alabama
Our opinion…if Gus Malzahn can’t win THREE of the above SIX games then he should be fired shortly after the Alabama game on November 26 because EVEN IF Malzahn finished at…
7 – 5
…in 2016 his win/loss records over the last THREE seasons…2014 – 2016….would stand at:
Overall: 22 – 16
SEC: 10 – 14
….and a coach at Auburn cannot possibly survive posting a record in SEC Conference play over three years of…
10 – 14
Hell…maybe the folks around and support Auburn Football are now willing to accept…
Average As Hell
….but then at Auburn a 10 – 14 SEC Conference record over three years isn’t even…
Average As Hell
….it’s MUCH WORSE!
Oh…if La. Monroe happened to beat Auburn on Saturday which is coached by Matt Viator who is a pretty Damn good football coach then we recommend the Alabama media pay close attention because we rather doubt that Gus Malzahn will be the head coach at Auburn by Noon on Sunday!
7. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Some…make that Many…will say that it’s crazy to have Will Muschamp on the Hot Seat in his first year at South Carolina BUT we have a couple of close friends that are South Carolina alumni who have plenty of friends who were…
None Too Happy About Will Muschamp’s Hiring at USC
…and who are more than willing to throw their weight around if the 2016 season should turn into a…
Total and Complete Disaster for Muschamp at USC
….and if you can’t beat Kentucky….the 2016 season has the potential to turn into a…
Total and Complete Disaster for Muschamp at USC!
Now at 2 – 2 on the season Will Muschamp and South Carolina still have 8 games left against…
Texas A&M Georgia UMass Tennessee Missouri At Florida Western Carolina At Clemson
…and we would recommend…and we are pulling for Will Muschamp….to win at least…
THREE of the last EIGHT games
…because if for some reason South Carolina finishes the 2016 season with wins only over…
Vanderbilt East Carolina UMass Western Carolina
….we could recommend folks keep their eyes on Columbia come late November…just saying!
8. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame – One thing we tell our young employees is…
When you get into a position of power don’t be an Arrogant Ass
….because when you fail…and EVERYONE will fail at some time in their life….the people that sign your paychecks….
The Alumni, Boosters, and Fans of Notre Dame Football for Brian Kelly
….will be more likely to…
Kick Your Arrogant Ass to the Curb
…and that is what Brian Kelly is now facing if the 2016 season should turn into a Total and Complete Disaster after losses to Texas, Michigan State, and Duke to open the 2016 season.
Now at 1 – 3 the Non-Fighting Irish still have games against….
Syracuse At NC State Stanford Miami Navy Army Virginia Tech At USC
….and it’s just a humble guess by the folks here at Coaches Hot Seat but we are thinking Notre Dame will win…
4….maybe 5…games in 2016
….and if Notre Dame wins 4…maybe 5…games in 2016…
Notre Dame will be looking for a new head football coach shortly after the USC game on November 26…
COUNT ON IT!
9. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – Darrell Hazell and his Purdue football team got a nice win at home over Nevada on Saturday which leaves Hazell’s records in FOUR seasons at the school at…
Overall: 8 – 31
Big Ten: 2 – 22
….and we have it on what we call Very Damn Good Authority that if Hazell wins less than 6 games in 2016 Purdue will be looking for a new head football coach shortly after the Indiana game on September 26!
Up next for Darrell Hazell and Purdue….at Maryland which has a first year coach in his first head coaching job which is a game that Purdue and Hazell SHOULD win but will they…
Not Bloody Likely!
10. Mark Stoops, Kentucky – We don’t know a whole lot of people around the University of Kentucky since we don’t follow college basketball like we do college football BUT we did reach what will call a “person of interest” in the Lexington area who told us on Monday of this week that…
“If Mark Stoops wins five games in 2016….Hell, maybe four games in 2016 he will be back to coach Kentucky next season.”
Geez…in your FOURTH year on the job at Kentucky you can win FOUR games and keep your job?
Well…this is Kentucky Football we are talking about here BUT with Kentucky now at 2 – 2 on the season and these games still to be played…
At Alabama Vanderbilt Mississippi State At Missouri Georgia At Tennessee Austin Peay At Louisville
…can Mark Stoops and the Wildcats win just TWO of their last EIGHT games to save Mark Stoops job?
Now that is just Damn Silly that you can KEEP your job by winning TWO of your last EIGHT games but then can UK and Stoops even do that?
Maybe….Just Damn Maybe!
If Mark Stoops does win only 3 games in 2016…
Kentucky will be looking for a new head football coach shortly after Bobby Petrino and Louisville BEATS the Living Hell out of the Wildcats on November 26!
As we have written many times in the Coaches Hot Seat Blog over the years the first time that a few of us ran into Charlie Strong was sometime in the early 1990s on or near the practice fields at the University of Florida when Charlie was on Steve Spurrier’s staff in Gainesville.
The one thing that immediately stood out about Charlie Strong 25 years ago as it does today is that Charlie looks you straight in the eye and you know exactly where Charlie stands on whatever he is talking about and it’s that very simple approach that led to Strong turning around the Louisville football program winning….
23 football games
…in his last two years coaching the Cardinals, and no doubt it’s that straight ahead approach that we still believe will lead to Strong turning things around at Texas.
We have been lucky enough to have 20-plus year friends who live in the Austin, Texas area and are UT alums who have given us a tremendous amount of insight into the Texas football program over the years, and who most importantly told us early on that Longhorns football was going off the rails in the 2010 season after Texas lost the 2009-10 Bogus BCS National Title Game to Alabama when they personally saw an unfocused Texas coaching staff which was the beginning of the end of Mack Brown’s legendary run at UT.
Those same UT alums now tell us that Charlie Strong has some room to run with the Texas football program after posting records of…
6 – 7 and 5 – 7
….in his first two seasons on the job, but that progress must be shown in 2016 and when we asked our UT alum friends just what in the Hell…
“Progress must be shown”
….means for Charlie Strong in 2016 their response goes something like this:
“A Winning Record Overall and in Big 12 Play.”
When hearing the above we naturally asked….
“What if Texas puts up losing overall and Big 12 conference records again 2016 like they did in 2015?”
Notre Dame UTEP At California At Oklahoma State Oklahoma Iowa State At Kansas State Baylor At Texas Tech West Virginia At Kansas TCU
Well….Bozo the Clown could win….
2 Games Coaching the Longhorns in 2016
….but how many wins should Charlie Strong post in his THIRD season on the job in Austin?
Notre Dame – Toss-Up UTEP – WIN At California – Toss-Up At Oklahoma State – Toss-Up Oklahoma – Toss-Up Iowa State – Toss-Up At Kansas State – Toss-Up Baylor – Toss-Up At Texas Tech – Toss-Up West Virginia – Toss-Up At Kansas – WIN TCU – Toss-Up
Geez…with only TWO “Sure Wins” and TEN Toss-Up Games 2016 could really go in any direction but let’s assume that Texas can win FOUR of its SIX home games which is a number that the Longhorns should hit then that means Charlie Strong will have to find a way to win THREE other games out of these SIX…
At California At Oklahoma State Oklahoma – in Dallas, Texas At Kansas State At Texas Tech At Kansas
Texas winning FOUR of its SIX home games and then going 3 – 3 in its games away from Austin is something that Charlie Strong SHOULD be able to do this season which would be a record of…
7 – 5 Overall
5 – 4 in Big 12 play
…and thus there is Charlie Strong’s GOALS for 2016 if he wants to be coaching the Texas Longhorns in 2017 which we are quite confident Charlie is interested in doing with the Florida job not coming open anytime soon and with that in mind we can only say…
Good Luck to you Charlie Strong and beat those Sorry Damn Irish in that opening game on Sunday, September 4 in Austin!
Amazingly Week 3 of the college football season is already in the books and the HEAT is being turned-up on college head coaches who have stumbled out of the gate or in some cases NEVER got out of the gate and with that REALITY let’s get to the…
These head coaches don’t like to see the Man in Black but Give ‘em Hell anyway Johnny Cash!
1. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – With the Iowa State loss to Toledo on Saturday considering this stat for a second….
In Paul Rhoads last 30 games at Iowa State he has posted a record of:
7 – 23
In Paul Rhoads last 25 Big 12 games at Iowa State he has posted a record of:
4 – 21
Yep, that will land your ass on the No. 1 Hot Seat in the land and after a 1 – 2 start to the 2015 season the Cyclones get a week off before playing Kansas at home on October 3.
Iowa State can beat this Kansas team in the wake of the Complete Freaking Disaster left by that Dumbass Charlie Weis…right?
We sure the Hell hope so but how will Iowa State fare in its other 8 Big 12 conference games after they beat Kansas on October 3?
Hell if we know, but it looks like barring a Miracle in Corn Country Iowa State will be looking for a new head football coach come December!
2. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Doug Martin is in his third season at New Mexico State and with the Aggies overtime loss to UTEP on Saturday Martin has posted a record in three seasons at NMSU of….
4 – 23
Enough said on Doug Martin’s Hot Seat situation at New Mexico State!
3. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – We here at Coaches Hot Seat fully expected Darrell Hazell’s Boilermakers to beat Virginia Tech at home on Saturday but instead the Hokies delivered a 51 – 24 beatdown of Purdue and now the 2015 season could turn into a Complete Freaking Disaster for Hazell with a very good Bowling Green team coming to town this coming Saturday.
A loss to Bowling Green and Purdue will start the season at…
1 – 3
…with 8 Big Ten games left to be played starting with a game at Michigan State on October 3 and for the life of us we believe if you can’t beat Virginia Tech or Bowling Green how in the Hell will Purdue win another game this season!
Oh, Darrell Hazell’s win/loss records in his third season at Purdue:
Overall: 5 – 22
Big Ten: 1 – 15
That’s BAD with a capital B!
4. Mike London, Virginia – After a few tense moments Mike London’s Virginia football team got its first win of the season over William & Mary on Saturday and now it’s back to Big Boy football in Week 4 with a game on Friday night against Boise State.
Now in his SIXTH season at Virginia Mike London has win/loss records on the board of…
Overall: 24 – 40
ACC: 11 – 29
…with ONE winning season out of FIVE and if UVA is going to post a winning season in 2015 we would recommend that they beat Boise State on Friday night!
By comparison the Virginia head coach that Mike London replaced and who was run out of Charlottesville on a rail…
…coached at UVA for NINE seasons posting FIVE winning seasons.
Yep…that reality will land your ass on the Hot Seat 100% of the time!
5. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – A few years ago a handful of Coaches Hot Seat members were having dinner with one of their college physics professors and one asked the professor about the following Albert Einstein quote:
CHS Member: “John…what did Einstein mean when he said…
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
College Physics Professor: “Ahhh…Albert…a very smart one he was. There is a scientific answer to what Einstein meant when he said, “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one,” but remembering you boys’ grades in my class I will give you the layman’s answer!
Loud laughter at the table!
College Physics Professor: “What Einstein meant was that reality is nothing more and nothing less than how each of our brains perceives the world and the perceived reality for one person is often very different than the reality for almost everyone else on the Earth and thus one reality is very hard to define. In the end reality is just the perception created by the neurons firing off in each of our brains which human beings will naturally try to order towards their own individual particular world view.”
CHS Member: “So what you are saying is that reality…meaning a one reality for everyone no more exists than the Man on the Moon and that reality is different for each person based upon how their individual brain perceives the world?”
College Physics Professor: “Precisely, but then human beings because of their highly evolved brains look at the world around them and naturally want to order it, to organize it, to classify it, to put people and ideas into certain boxes, because that is what homo sapiens were forced to do over millions of years of evolution to survive and then thrive and with that you now not only understand what Einstein was saying but you can also grasp why perception plays such a huge role in daily human life. In the end we are what we perceive of the world, of other people, and of ourselves.”
Getting back to the Complete Freaking Disaster that is Bret Bielema’s REALITY right now after the Razorbacks loss to Texas Tech on Saturday the PERCEPTION at the end of the 2014 season was that Arkansas made some HUGE strides….but did they in FACT?
Let’s go Joe Friday and get to the FACTS on the State of Arkansas Football…Past…Present…and Future:
After a loss to Georgia on October 18, 2014 the Arkansas record stood at…
3 – 4
….and then the Razorbacks under Bret Bielema finished the season by doing this:
Beating UAB = No Big Whoop!
Losing to Mississippi State = Not Surprising
Beating a Collapsing LSU Team = No Big Whoop!
Beating a Demoralized Ole Miss Team =No Big Whoop!
Losing to Missouri = Not Surprising
Beating a Mediocre Texas Team in Bowl Game = No Big Whoop!
So the so-called BIG ending to the Razorbacks 2014 was in REALITY…
No Big Whoop!
…but the PERCEPTION was that Bret Bielema had “turned things around” at Arkansas when in REALITY nothing could be farther from the truth!
Let’s move ahead to the 2015 season for Arkansas which has started this way following an off-season of Bret Bielema and Arkansas AD Jeff Long telling anyone that would listen that Bielema was the second-coming of Paul “Bear” Bryant and that Ohio State was actually playing in something akin to the MAC instead of the Big Ten….in our opinion of course….
Beat UTEP = No Big Whoop!
Lost to Toledo = Hmmmm….Surprising….but NOT REALLY!
Lost to Texas Tech = Hmmmm…Even More Surprising…but NOT REALLY!
Oh, Bret Bielema’s record since supposedly things “turned around” at Arkansas after the loss to Georgia last season:
5 – 4
So the PERCEPTION until Toledo whipped Arkansas was that the Razorbacks were….BACK.…but the REALITY which is just now sinking into the heads of Arkansas fans who are thinking the Pig Farmer from Iowa might have pulled a fast one on them in the last year is that…
Arkansas is 1 – 2 and they play Texas A&M on Saturday in Dallas and the Aggies are….
If Arkansas loses to Texas A&M on Saturday with games at Tennessee and at Alabama on deck the REALITY is the Razorbacks could be sitting at…
1 – 5
….when Auburn comes to Fayetteville on October 24 in what could be the….
Ultimate Hot Seat vs. Hot Seat Coaching Match-Up with the Losing Coach being run out of town on the back of a hog!
Here’s the REALITY for Bret Bielema based upon the building PERCEPTION in Arkansas which we confirmed by talking to an Arkansas-alum friend of ours in Ft. Smith, Arkansas who could buy-and-sell everyone in the Fayetteville – Bentonville area except for the Walton clan and that REALITY is…
“If this season implodes both Bielema and AD Jeff Long might find themselves lucky to shoveling shit in West Texas as you boys like to say from time to time!”
Yep…that is the REALITY NOW in Arkansas folks!
On another note per our agreement with Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury since the Red Raiders beat the Razorbacks we will no longer be calling Coach Kingsbury….
“_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _”
Nice win there in Fayetteville Kliff!
6. Willie Taggart, South Florida – With the South Florida loss to Maryland on Saturday the Bulls dropped to…
1 – 2
…on the season and things don’t get any easier for Willie Taggart and his football team with this upcoming schedule:
Memphis Syracuse At UConn SMU At Navy At East Carolina Temple Cincinnati At UCF
Memo to Willie Taggart:IF your South Florida team plays the rest of the season the way it has played its first three games in 2015…
You might not win another game until you play hapless UCF on November 26 and Hell Furman beat UCF so go ahead and put that win over the Black Knights on the board!
Get off your ass Willie Taggart! Signed: Coaches Hot Seat
7. Gus Malzahn, Auburn – At the tail-end of the 2014 college football season we ran into an “old and former defensive coordinator in the SEC” at a restaurant in Atlanta and he said to us when the Auburn football program came up:
“The Gus Malzahn experiment in major college football is about to come to an end because what he and other coaches like Chip Kelly have been doing just cannot work unless they have an elite quarterback and neither Malzahn nor Kelly have that right now nor more than likely will they have that next season.”
We talked about the above statement for a few hours in the lobby of an Atlanta hotel and came to agreement on the idea that Malzahn and Kelly’s offenses depended on an elite quarterback who could make instant decisions on the fly but Auburn had Jeremy Johnson ready to play in 2015 and the Eagles had Nick Foles who wasn’t doing to bad at quarterback for the Eagles last season.
Jeremy Johnson is a Total Bust and Nick Foles is playing for the St. Louis Rams who was replaced by Sam Bradford who would be lucky to be a water boy on the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team forget about playing QB and right now the…
….are both a Complete Freaking Disaster!
Oh…another thing…neither the Philadelphia Eagles nor the Auburn Tigers are playing ANY defense so put that REALITY on top of everything else and truly….
Gus Malzahn is facing nothing short of what Gene Chizik faced in 2012 when Auburn went 3 – 9 and 0 – 8 in SEC play and was rightly run out of Auburn on a rail!
Let’s look at the rest of Auburn’s schedule with the Tigers now at 1 – 2 on the season realizing that…
Gus Malzahn is 2 – 6 in his last 8 games at Auburn
Guz Malzahn is 10 – 6 in his last 16 games at Auburn
Mississippi State San Jose State At Kentucky At Arkansas Ole Miss At Texas A&M Georgia Idaho Alabama
In our opinion if Auburn plays like they did against LSU the Tigers will be lucky to win…
3 Games in 2015
ANY SEC Games in 2015
What if Auburn finished at…
3 – 9 Overall
0 – 8 in the SEC
…in 2015 would Gus Malzahn be sent packing as Gene Chizik was sent packing only two seasons ago with the same record after winning a National Championship considering Malzahn didn’t win a National Title two seasons ago when he had the chance?
What’s Good for the Chizik is Good for the Malzahn….right?
Who would Auburn AD Jay Jacobs hire to replace the run out of Auburn Gus Malzahn to coach the Tigers into the future?
Well, based upon the amount of money Auburn has been spending to build a strong football program on The Plains does anyone doubt that Jacobs would fly down to Tallahassee and offer Jimbo Fisher $8 Million A Year…”Nick Saban Money”….to be the next head football coach at Auburn?
Would Jimbo Fisher accept an offer to become the Auburn head coach at $8 Million A Year?
Does it get HOT on The Plains of southwest Alabama in the Summer?
That would be a BIG YES!
Memo to Gus Malzahn: Nice try against LSU to get the Auburn offense going with Jeremy Johnson but now Gus….Johnson would be lucky to be running the scout team for the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team forget about being in the 1 – 5 QB slots so why in the Hell is he the starting QB at Auburn? Oh, what’s behind Johnson is even worse? OK…that makes sense!
Memo No. 2 to Gus Malzahn: If you lose to Mississippi State on Saturday here is how you will know on whether to contact a Realtor or not to put your house on the market:
If Auburn AD Jay Jacobs starts saying things like…
“I am becoming very concerned in our fundamental approach to the game.”
…put the house on the market immediately!
8. Charlie Strong, Texas – The most amazing thing about the Texas loss to California on Saturday wasn’t the missed extra point at the end of the game BUT that the Texas Longhorns…
YES the Freaking Texas Longhorns!
…had to come storming back to almost tie a team in the California Bears that over the past THREE football seasons had won NINE football games TOTAL!
That is the REALITY of how far the Texas football program has fallen since Mack Brown lost to Alabama in the 2009 – 2010 Bogus BCS National Title Game!
Since that loss to Alabama in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena in January 2010 Texas has posted a combined record under Mack Brown and Charlie Strong of….
37 – 30!
This is the Texas Longhorns we are talking about here and although we will readily admit there is No Joy in Coaches Hot Seat-Ville putting Charlie Strong on the Hot Seat who two Coaches Hot Seat members first met in the early 1990s when Charlie was on Steve Spurrier’s staff at Florida the TRUTH is Texas football right now is very simply…
A Complete Freaking Disaster
…and the sad REALITY is that if Oliver Luck had been the AD at Texas in 2013 instead of the Sorry Excuse for a Human Being Steve Patterson that right now…in our opinion….the head coach of the Texas Longhorns would be none other than…
Guess what Texas fans….and this is just our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat and is the FIRM opinion of the two Coaches Hot Seat members that traveled to Tuscaloosa for the Ole Miss – Alabama game on Saturday and who are still in Tuscaloosa on this early Monday morning…
If Texas is looking for a new head football coach in December Nick Saban would be Very Damn Interested in that job
….because unlike Alabama which is rebuilding job that is PAST DONE Texas is a Complete Freaking Disaster that needs a HERO to save it and again our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat:
Nick Saban has ONE more Act in his life on this Earth which would be capped by winning….
National Titles at LSU, Alabama and Texas!
You heard it here first!
As for Charlie Strong whose Texas team is now at 1 – 2 on the season Big 12 Conference play begins this Saturday against Oklahoma State in Austin and to that we can only say…
Good Luck Charlie!
9. George O’Leary, UCF – The UCF loss to Furman on Saturday confirmed of what we saw of UCF when they played Stanford in Week 2…
UCF is average at best and hardly coached team at worst
….and we agree completely with the following from Victory Way: UCF Blog for the UCF Fans…
Up next for the 0 – 3 UCF which is now hardly coached by George O’Leary in our opinion…
At South Carolina
….in a Hot Seat vs. Hot Seat Head Coaching Match-Up against the Ole’ Ball Coach!
Speaking of the Ole’ Ball Coach!
10. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina – In the spring of this year a few Coaches Hot Seat members were up in South Carolina playing golf in the Greenville area and ran into some South Carolina Gamecock fans who were asked about the status of Steve Spurrier who will be FOREVER be known at Coaches Hot Seat as the…
Ole’ Ball Coach
…and one of those South Carolina fans said the following:
“I heard that Spurrier wanted to retire at the end of last season but that some folks got to him about all the other coaches that would be out of job if he retired and the Steve reluctantly decided to come back and coach in 2015 and see how things would turn out.”
Sorry….head coaches should not be staying in jobs to keep their assistant coaches and especially their sons employed and no matter what Steve Spurrier has done at South Carolina in the past in case the folks in South Carolina don’t know it the Gamecocks head coaching job is not something akin to the modern day Roman Empire or the USSR where the leaders get to hang around for as long as they want but instead South Carolina is in America and in America…
When you quit performing in your job…you get fired!
That’s how it is for most hard-working Americans making $50,000 or less a year and for Damn sure that is how it should be for football coaches making Millions of Dollars a year!
Steve Spurrier has no Damn “right” to stay as the head coach at South Carolina for as long as he wants but instead the people paying the bills….
The alums, boosters and fans of South Carolina
…will decide when Steve Spurrier will no longer be the head coach at USC unless of course the Ole’ Ball Coach decides first which based upon South Carolina’s remaining games in 2015 as detailed below will be the way this Shakespearean tragedy in Columbia will end later this year:
UCF At Missouri LSU Vanderbilt At Texas A&M At Tennessee Florida The Citadel Clemson
Anyone else thinking that the Ole’ Ball Coach and South Carolina will…
Win maybe….3 more games this season….before they play Clemson at home on November 28 in what will more than likely be the last game with the Ole’ Ball Coach on the sideline in his legendary playing and coaching career?
Anyone else thinking South Carolina will beat Clemson and send Steve Spurrier out a winner and that the next day Steve will be playing golf in Florida?
And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages. At first the infant, Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms. Then, the whining school-boy with his satchel And shining morning face, creeping like snail Unwillingly to school. And then the lover, Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then, a soldier, Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, Jealous in honour, sudden, and quick in quarrel, Seeking the bubble reputation Even in the cannon’s mouth. And then, the justice, In fair round belly, with a good capon lined, With eyes severe, and beard of formal cut, Full of wise saws, and modern instances, And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts Into the lean and slippered pantaloon, With spectacles on nose and pouch on side, His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice, Turning again toward childish treble, pipes And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all, That ends this strange eventful history, Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.”
Thank You Coach Spurrier…now have a Helluva Fun time in these last NINE football games Ole’ Ball Coach!
Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – 11 – 30 Hot Seat Coaches Analysis coming soon!
OK…let’s get to the Post Week 2 – 10 – 20 Hot Seat Coaches which means bringing in again the Late Great Johnny Cash!
11. Willie Taggart, South Florida – South Florida looked OK at times against Florida State on Saturday BUT the Seminoles didn’t look very motivated in that game in the first half which means it’s hard to judge USF’s effort in Tallahassee BUT that will not be the case this coming Saturday when South Florida plays a very beatable team in Maryland in College Park, MD with the Terps coming off an upset loss to Bowling Green.
With an overall record of…
7 – 19
….on the board in his third season at South Florida Willie Taggart needs some wins and as we look at the rest of USF’s schedule….
At Maryland Memphis Syracuse At UConn SMU At Navy At East Carolina Temple Cincinnati At UCF
…we see NO Damn reason why USF does not win at least 5 of their last 6 games and get bowl eligible in 2015!
We are sick of seeing you on the Hot Seat Willie Taggart so get off your ass and get your team ready to play and beat Maryland Willie!
12. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – Todd Monken and his Southern Miss team got their CUPCAKE win over Austin Peay on Saturday by a score of 52 – 6 and now comes a HUGE football game for the future of Monken in Hattiesburg as the Golden Eagles travel on the road to play Texas State which is a game that USM should win based upon the history of both of these football programs. With a game at Nebraska lined-up for Week 4 a win against Texas State is a MUST for Todd Monken and Southern Miss in Week 3 and a loss in this spot will just mean….
The Heat will just get HOTTER for Todd Monken!
13. Al Golden, Miami – Al Golden and his Miami Hurricanes got the win they had to have over Florida Atlantic last Friday night and now the REAL football season and a very tough schedule begins for the Canes in a run of games that will determine Al Golden’s future in South Florida.
Check-out Miami’s remaining schedule with the Canes now sitting at 2 – 0:
Nebraska At Cincinnati At Florida State Virginia Tech Clemson At Duke Virginia At North Carolina Georgia Tech At Pitt
Our contacts in South Florida who admittedly aren’t exactly tied into the Miami football program since they live in West Palm Beach and Jupiter, Florida and play professional golf for a living tell us that anything less than…
9 Wins in 2015
…and Al Golden is DONE at Miami which means Al Golden needs his Miami team to win 7 of their last 10 games and since this is Miami we are talking about here IF Al Golden can’t get that 9 wins he should be DONE in Coral Gables!
14. Trent Miles, Georgia State – In a match-up of two of the worst teams in FBS college football a hearty Congratulations are in order to Trent Miles on the Georgia State football team with a win over a Pitiful New Mexico State team on Saturday! Here’s the BAD news for Trent Miles and Georgia State…..their next game is…
This is Trent Miles third season at Georgia State and we are looking for a “jump” of some kind over the ONE game that GSU won in Miles first two seasons at GSU and with these games remaining to be played…..
At Oregon Liberty Appalachian State At Ball State2 At Arkansas State La – Lafayette At Texas State South Alabama Troy At Georgia Southern
…we see No Damn Reason at all why Georgia State doesn’t win FOUR-plus games in 2015 and with that we can only say to Trent Miles…
Good Luck against the Ducks!
15. Charlie Strong, Texas – Charlie Strong’s Texas Longhorns beat Rice on Saturday by a score of…
42 – 28
….which in most of the last glorious 100-plus years of Texas football would have meant about as much as a tumble weed blowing through the west Texas plains and now we get back to football for the Horns with a decent Cal team traveling to Austin in what is clearly…
The Biggest Game of Charlie Strong’s Coaching Career!
IF Texas does lose to Cal on Saturday and drops to 1 – 2 in non-conference play with the Big 12 Conference schedule beginning a week later with a game against Oklahoma State there is a very good chance that Texas does NOT get to 6 wins in 2015 and if that happens then about ANYTHING could happen in Austin come December including Charlie Strong being written a BIG check to go find something else to do with his life on this Earth.
On a somewhat related subject Scout.com’s Chip Brown is continuing to do some great reporting on the Complete Freaking Disaster that has been Texas athletic director Steve Patterson’s tenure in Austin….
As for who should be the next AD at Texas we know someone who would be a GREAT and Helluva AD for Texas especially in the Disaster that Steve Patterson has created in Austin and although we are hesitant to nominate this sitting AD for the Texas job because we don’t want to hurt his chances BUT if we were running the University of Texas we would be hiring as new Texas AD….
Arizona AD Greg Byrne
Memo to Univ. of Texas President Gregory Fenves: Fire Steve Patterson’s Sorry Ass already and hire Greg Byrne already to lead the Texas athletic department!
16. Ron Caragher, San Jose State – With a loss to Air Force in Colorado Springs on Saturday Ron Caragher’s San Jose State team dropped to 1 – 1 on the year and Caragher’s win/loss records at SJSU in three years at the school now stand at:
Overall: 10 – 16
MWC: 7 – 10
Sorry…the above win/loss records are NOT going to get the job done even at San Jose State and from what we have heard from the San Jose area Ron Caragher needs 6 wins in 2015 to return as the head coach of the Spartans in 2016 and with this schedule remaining…
At Oregon State Fresno State At Auburn At UNLV San Diego State New Mexico BYU At Nevada At Hawaii Boise State
….we see No Damn Reason at all why San Jose State shouldn’t be able to win….
5 of their last 10 games
…and with that in mind get to work Ron Caragher!
17. Norm Chow, Hawaii – No one thought that Hawaii had any chance to beat Ohio State in Columbus BUT we did expect the Warriors to at least put a few points up on the board instead of a big fat ZERO and now returning home Norm Chow needs to regroup his team and make sure they get win over FCS team UC Davis this coming Saturday.
With NO winning seasons in his first three years on the job at Hawaii Norm Chow REALLY needs to lead the Warriors to a bowl game in 2015 and that means Chow needs to find 6 more wins out of their remaining 11 games:
UC Davis At Wisconsin At Boise State San Diego State At New Mexico At Nevada Air Force At UNLV Fresno State San Jose State La. Monroe
Hell, if Norm Chow and Hawaii can’t win 6 of their last 11 games then why in the Hell would Norm Chow remain the head coach at Hawaii?
There is no good answer to the above question!
18. George O’Leary, UCF – Several Coaches Hot Seat members got to see UCF play Stanford in person on Saturday night on The Farm and their impression of UCF was….
UCF is mediocre at best and hardly even coached at worst!
Oh, but the above makes Perfect Damn Sense with UCF head coach George O’Leary worrying about coming the permanent AD at UCF instead of coaching his football team and No Damn Surprise UCF has started the 2015 season off at…
0 – 2
….with losses to FIU and Stanford and now UCF gets a CUPCAKE game against Furman before playing in a…
Hot Seat Coach vs. Hot Seat Coach
….match-up in Columbia, South Carolina with O’Leary facing off against the increasingly embattled Old Ball Coach…YEP Old Ball Coach….Steve Spurrier!
Who loses when UCF plays South Carolina in two weeks or so?
The poor folks who are the stadium is who loses when UCF plays South Carolina on September 26 in Columbia!
19. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina – South Carolina looked very Damn average against North Carolina in Week 1 and in Week 2 the Gamecocks looked totally out-of-sorts at times against Kentucky and even worse Steve Spurrier…
….which brings to mind The Byrds song from when Steve Spurrier was still a student and football player at the University of Florida…
Turn, Turn, Turn
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”
Readers of the Bible…not Donald Trump for Damn sure…will recognize the lyrics of Turn, Turn, Turn which are almost verbatim from the Book of Ecclesiastes verse 3 1 – 8 and the TRUTH is barring a major miracle Steve Spurrier’s legendary coaching career is OVER and that TRUTH could be displayed for everyone to see with South Carolina traveling to Athens on Saturday to play the Georgia Bulldogs.
No doubt Mark Richt will not run-up the score on the Old Ball Coach if things get out-of-hand in Athens on Saturday night and for Damn sure Steve Spurrier will know full-well or not if Mark Richt is taking it easy against his old foe and that reality will kill the Old Ball Coach worse than anything else in the world!
20. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame – Even before starting Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire got hurt the Hapless Virginia Cavaliers had the Irish on the ropes and if not for yet another Total Collapse of UVA football under Mike London it would be Brian Kelly sitting on one of the Hottest Seats in the country right now which is truly another episode of the Luck of the Irish with this “Luck” being Totally Incompetent Coaching by Notre Dame’s opponent!
Up next for Notre Dame…
Georgia Tech at home and we await to see what kind of “Luck” the Irish will get this week to beat the Yellow Jackets because no doubt Paul Johnson will do something STUPID as well to give away this game to the Irish!
Let’s take a quick look at Notre Dame’s remaining schedule and guess how many wins the Irish will have in 2015 now sitting at 2 – 0:
Georgia Tech UMass At Clemson Navy USC At Temple At Pitt Wake Forest Boston College At Stanford
Our guess…Notre Dame wins EIGHT games in 2015 and if the Irish only win EIGHT games in 2015 Brian Kelly WILL BE FIRED shortly after the Stanford game on November 28….PERIOD…and a sitting NFL coach who happens to be Catholic will be the next head football coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
There are just a few reasons why a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and by far the main reason a coach finds his ass on the Hot Seat is…
He did not win enough football games!
But…there are other reasons a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and two of those reasons that we have had to account for in recent years have been…
1. A Head Coach like Charlie Weis who in our opinion did not give a Damn about coaching the Kansas football team in the proper way which also makes Charlie Weis a Sorry Excuse for a Human Being….with that being the opinion of EVERY American here at Coaches Hot Seat
2. Coaching like a Scared Coward which is how four SEC head coaches coached their teams on Saturday….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzhan, Auburn
….with three of the above COWARD COACHES now finding their precious and COWARDLY asses on the Hot Seat for their COWARDLY behavior because they lost their games and Auburn head coach Gus Malzhan now just one loss away from finding his ass on the Hot Seat with Auburn playing at LSU this coming Saturday! Besides coaching in a COWARDLY way which clearly in our opinion ALL FOUR of the above SEC head coaches did on Saturday what really pisses us off here at Coaches Hot Seat is when head coaches who have guaranteed contracts that will pay them Millions of Dollars whether they win or lose so they will never have to work a day the rest of their lives…
Still Coach like COWARDS!
It was just Shameful and a Disgrace to the American Republic forget about an embarrassment to the SEC that head coaches…
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzahn, Auburn
….were on Saturday…just so Damn SHAMEFUL!
We will get more into the COWARDLY behavior of head coaches….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina
…in the Post Week 2 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis BUT is it just us here at Coaches Hot Seat or is everyone else thinking the same thing?
The Southeastern Conference reached its PEAK at the same time that Paul Finebaum was negotiating the contract for his book in New York City in the spring of 2013 for what eventually became this….
….and after the past two college football seasons and especially this past weekend has become what historians will mark as the Beginning of the End of the SEC? Of course, anyone that knows Paul Finebaum knows that Paul has a stellar record of latching onto public figures just before they are sent off to prison so Finebaum signaling the end of the SEC with his Idiotic book would not only be the MOST right thing in the world it would make a Helluva lot of sense also!
Let’s bring out the Man in Black to…
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Holy Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – Cyclones head coach Paul Rhoads is on a pretty bad run of late and the loss to Iowa over the weekend on Iowa State’s home field by a score of…
31 – 17
….didn’t help matters and just by comparison over Paul Rhoads last 26 games coaching ISU he has posted a record of….
6 – 20
…and the previous head coach at Iowa State Dan McCarney posted a record over his last 26 games at ISU of…
12 – 14
….and also by comparison puts the winning percentages of Rhoads and McCarney at…
.231 for Paul Rhoads in last 26 games at ISU
.462 for Dan McCarney in last 26 games at ISU
Sorry, but Paul Rhoads can be the nicest and hardest working guy in the world and by all accounts we have heard he is both BUT we caught some of the Iowa – Iowa State game on Saturday and to put it bluntly…..
Iowa State DOES NOT look like a very well coached football team right now…PERIOD.
Oh….up next for Iowa State…
At Toledo which just beat Arkansas in Fayetteville!
Good Luck with that Paul and here’s a tip…don’t complain this week like some kind of LOSER about Ohio State’s schedule when you have a team to get ready to play Toledo!
2. Mike London, Virginia – Mike London’s Virginia football team had Notre Dame right where they wanted the Irish on Saturday…
Up by a point with just a few minutes to play with the Irish starting QB out and a back-up QB in for Notre Dame that had hardly played at all in a meaningful live college football game
….and how exactly did Mike London’s Virginia team find a way to lose this time around?
By allowing that back-up QB that had next to no experience throw a ball to a receiver that was allowed to get behind a defensive back for some reason which ended up with a touchdown!
Geez…you really cannot make-up some of the stuff that has happened to Virginia football in recent years BUT this loss to Notre Dame takes the cake, the pie and every Damn dessert in the kitchen and with that loss London’s record at UVA dropped to…
Overall: 23 – 40
ACC: 11 – 29
…over the last six seasons which is bad from whatever direction one looks at those records.
Up next for Virginia…
William & Mary Boise State At Pitt
Our recommendation to Mike London = WIN all three of those games son!
3. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Oh, you thought it was a big deal that the Florida Gators beat New Mexico State 61 – 13 on Week 1?
Uhhhh….NOT….because Georgia State which had won ONE football game the last two seasons just beat New Mexico State on their home field!
This is Doug Martin’s third season as the head coach at New Mexico State and his record at NMSU now stands at:
Overall: 4 – 22
Enough said on the Hot Seat situation at NMSU!
4. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – Darrell Hazell and the Purdue Boilermakers got their first win of the 2015 season over Indiana State on Saturday which means about as much as a grizzly bear crapping in the woods of Yellowstone National Park meaning it means NOTHING AT ALL!
The 2015 college football season begins again for Darrell Hazell and the Boilermakers on Saturday with Virginia Tech coming to town and this is a game in our opinion that….
Purdue Should Win
….IF Purdue plays with the same intensity that they played with against Marshall in Week 1.
In the “Just By Comparison” department Darrell Hazell has now been the head coach at Purdue for 26 games and his win/loss record stands at…
5 – 21
….and the coach he replaced at Purdue who was fired and run out-of-town posted a record in his first 26 games at Purdue of….
10 – 16
….which should tell everyone that is paying attention why exactly Darrell Hazell is on the Hot Seat!
5. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt looked OK at times against Georgia on Saturday but in the end a loss to the Dawgs by a score of…
31 – 14
…..leaves Derek Mason’s win/loss record in his second season at Vandy now at….
3 – 11
…and let’s hope Mason’s record after this coming Saturday’s game against Austin Peay is…
4 – 11
….or Mason might not make it as head coach at Vandy to the Ole Miss game in Oxford on September 26!
Looking over the rest of Vanderbilt’s 2015 schedule…
Austin Peay At Ole Miss At Middle Tennessee At South Carolina Missouri At Houston At Florida Kentucky Texas A&M At Tennessee
….if Vandy improves just a little bit more as the season progresses MAYBE the Commodores can win…
4 Games in 2015
….which would be an improvement by ONE win over 2014 and would give Mason one more year in Nashville to get Vandy back to their “James Franklin-years” winning ways and with that Derek Mason now has his goal for 2015….
Coach ‘Em Up Derek!
6. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Kevin Wilson and the Indiana Hoosiers beat Florida International on Saturday by the score of 36 – 22 and when one considers that FIU had won….
…the last three seasons combined Indiana beating FIU meant about as much as a wild pig finding an acorn in Alabama which means that win over FIU means NOTHING AT ALL!
Up next for Kevin Wilson and Indiana….a very tough Western Kentucky team that is very simply a…
CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson and the Hoosiers but especially a CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson!
7. Paul Petrino, Idaho – In Week 2 Paul Petrino’s Idaho team lost to USC in Los Angeles by a score of…
59 – 9
….and with that loss Petrino’s win/loss record at Idaho now stands at….
2 – 23
…..which is a winning percentage of…
….and the last Idaho head coach Robb Akey got fired at Idaho after posting a winning percentage of…
…over 6 seasons and thus why Paul Petrino is clearly on the Hot Seat!
Up next for Idaho….
OK…this should be a WIN for sure for Paul Petrino and the Vandals!
8. Ron Turner, Florida International – After seeing in person an average Stanford team made of balsa wood whip UCF on Saturday night we now understand how FIU beat UCF in Week 1 and thus it was no surprise to us that an average Indiana team beat FIU on Saturday.
FIU has won…
…in three seasons under Ron Turner and FIU should get its SEVENTH win under Ron Turner on Saturday when they play
….not that anyone here at Coaches Hot Seat has a Damn clue who in the Hell NC Central is!
We do know that Ron Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat whether Dave Wannstedt of Fox Sports thinks Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat or not!
Memo to Dave Wannstedt: Ron Turner’s precious ass is on the Hot Seat and FIU beating UCF in Week 1 was No Damn Big Deal!
9. Butch Jones, Tennessee – The two Coaches Hot Seat members that traveled to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game saw the same thing that the other 100-plus Coaches Hot Seat members saw watching the Sooners – Vols game on TV and that was….
Tennessee head coach Butch Jones had the Sooners on the ropes for much of the game and if not for COACHING LIKE A COWARD and COACHING NOT TO LOSE the Vols could have delivered the knockout punch to Oklahoma many times in the game and when you COACH LIKE A COWARD your precious ass ends up on the Hot Seat and that is where Butch Jones finds his precious ass on this Monday morning!
Oh by the way….below are Butch Jones win/loss records at Tennessee which make a Helluva lot more sense now after seeing him COACH LIKE A COWARD in the Oklahoma game:
Overall: 13 – 14
SEC: 5 – 11
Sorry Butch Jones…we don’t give a Damn if you inherited a wreck of a football program from the combo of Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley because IF you are going to the head coach at Tennessee and a head coach in the SEC you first and most importantly must…
NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD!
As Coaches Hot Seat members discussed the outcome of the Oklahoma – Tennessee game on Saturday night after watching a day of college football and that Badass Madison Bumgarner almost throw a perfect game against the San Diego Padres two things were mentioned the most about Butch Jones’ coaching performance against Oklahoma:
1. Butch Jones COACHED LIKE A COWARD and in many ways COACHED SCARED against Oklahoma on Saturday
2. Butch Jones clearly DOES NOT trust his quarterback Joshua Dobbs because there were numerous instances in the first and second half of the game against the Sooners where Butch Jones and his new and OLD offensive coordinator could have unleashed Dobbs on OU and put the game out of reach of the Sooners BUT Butch Jones didn’t do that which brings to mind a quote from the Great Bill Walsh on quarterbacks that one of us heard Coach Walsh say a Helluva long time ago:
Bill Walsh: “If you don’t trust your quarterback to make plays and decisions on the field then you don’t have a quarterback and you don’t have a leader. A head coach must prepare his starting quarterback to the best of his ability and then trust his quarterback on gameday. To do anything but that would lead me to believe that a team either has the wrong head coach or wrong quarterback….or both. A head coach must trust his quarterback because that trust is fundamental to playing winning football.”
YES….we miss Coach Walsh and YES there are dozens of college football head coaches across America that DO NOT TRUST their quarterback and SHAME on them for that idiocy!
Sorry Butch Jones BUT it was YOU that cost the Tennessee Vols that game against Oklahoma because very simply Butch Jones you…
COACHED LIKE A COWARD….PERIOD.
Up next for Tennessee…
…which is a SURE win and then COWARD Butch Jones and the Vols play…
…and we would recommend that Butch Jones NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD against the Florida Gators because if the Vols lose to the Gators again….
Your ass Butch Jones and thus YOU will find yourself on the Face of the Sun!
10. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – A few Coaches Hot Seat members had been watching a tape of the Toledo – Arkansas game on Sunday and after watching things for awhile someone said check the box score on the game for Arkansas and after doing that what about these numbers for the Hogs offense?
Arkansas ran the ball 31 times for 103 yards
Arkansas threw the ball 53 times completing 32 for 412 yards
What in the Freaking Hell Bret Bielema?
So the working theory in Fayetteville must be that Arkansas can run the ball against SEC West teams but not a team from the MAC Conference? Is that right Bret Bielema who seemed in the last week very Damn concerned about Ohio State’s schedule and not the Hogs opponent which just whipped your team’s ass in Little Rock Bret and landed your ass back on the Hot Seat in the process!
YES…like Butch Jones…Bret Bielema COACHED LIKE A COWARD on Saturday but it was a different kind of COWARDICE that Bielema brought out against the Toledo Rockets….it was COWARDICE plus STUPIDITY because if Arkansas had not panicked and had just ran the ball down Toledo’s throat instead of throwing the ball all over the lot they could have won by two touchdowns but instead like in Knoxville and in Columbia…
COWARDLY behavior by the head coach won the day
….and with that COWARDICE the SEC now has FIVE head coaches on the Hot Seat….
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Les Miles, LSU
….and if the COWARDLY coaching continues at least three of the above head coaches will NOT be coaching their teams in 2016!
Memo to Bret Bielema: This week Bret focus on getting your football team ready to play against Texas Tech because in case you didn’t know it your win/loss records at Arkansas of…
Overall: 11 – 16
SEC: 2 – 14
….are NOT the records that should lead to a head coach popping-off about ANYTHING relative to other football teams around the country especially the Defending National Champions in Ohio State which BEAT Alabama in the Semi-Final Playoff Game in case you forgot Bret!
Oh….lose to Texas Tech Bielema and your ass will be like the Persian Gulf region the last time a dozen or so Coaches Hot Seat members were in it during the spring and summer of 1991 for Desert Storm which was….
We are introducing a new feature at Coaches Hot Seat for the 2015 football season and beyond…the….
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week “X”
…..and to introduce this feature we will use a song from the 1970s Super Band Steely Dan…
“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan singing Deacon Blues!
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week 2
1. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. FIU – After the close 1-point win over FCS team Southern Illinois in Week 1 there is just no way in Hell that Kevin Wilson’s Hoosiers can lose to FIU at home this week because a loss in this spot to a pitiful team from South Florida…
No…not the Miami Hurricanes
…would send Wilson’s ass into a part of the Universe that is Hotter than our Sun and last time we checked the Sun is pretty Damn HOT!
2. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State vs. Iowa – In Paul Rhoads last 25 games at Iowa State his Cyclones have posted the downright startling and depressing win/loss record of…
5 – 20
….and rightly so Paul Rhoads’ ass is now hotter than that coffee that some Idiot spilled on himself and sued McDonald’s about years ago and won BIG which we seem to recall was Pretty, Pretty Hot Coffee which means a loss in this spot to the Iowa Hawkeyes and fellow Hot Seat coach Kirk Ferentz would be nothing short of a…
Complete Freaking Disaster!
3. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa vs. Iowa State – Consider this in the Total Disaster that Iowa Football has become in recent years under the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz:
In Iowa’s last 40 games the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz has posted a win/loss record of…
20 – 20!
That’s right the University of Iowa….or rather the fans of Iowa Football and in many ways collectively college football fans across America that watch all of these college football games on TV have collectively paid Kirk Ferentz over the past four football seasons something on the order of….
$15 Million Dollars
….for 20 Stinking Wins which works out to the amazing number…
$750,000 Per Freaking Win!
Seriously…you CANNOT make this kind of stuff up and thus why Kirk Ferentz and his Iowa Hawkeyes CANNOT lose to Iowa State on Saturday because if they do the above number goes up to….
$800,000 Per Freaking Win!
Hell, if Kirk Ferentz keeps up this Mediocre Football at Iowa by the end of the 2015 college football season he could be getting paid something on the order of…
$1,000,000 Per Freaking Win!
…and that’s good money IF you can find people STUPID enough to pay that kind of money for MEDIOCRITY which Kirk Ferentz has found in the state of Iowa IN SPADES!
4. Charlie Strong, Texas vs. Rice – Anyone that has read the Coaches Hot Seat Blog over the past EIGHT college football seasons knows that we have some good fishing and hunting buddies in the Austin, Texas area who are Texas grads and love showing us “City Boys” what life is like in the Republic of Texas while hunting and fishing and every so often we haul those “Texas Boys” up to Montana to show them what life is like when you really go into backcountry where the trout are large and the grizzly bears will eat your ass if you are not careful!
Getting back to the subject at hand which is….
The Rolling and Raging On Fire Wagon Train
…that is now Texas football we asked our Austin fishing and hunting buddies what the temperature was down in Texas relative to Charlie Strong and Texas football and their replay was…
“Let’s just say that if Texas loses to Rice on Saturday night Charlie Strong’s house could be on the market and sold before the Horns play Cal the next Saturday!”
Uhhhhh….we would call that the temperature of some wings we used to eat at a chicken wing place in Jacksonville Beach, Florida when a few of us were serving in the US Navy that were the Hottest Damn Wings we have ever put in our mouths and the very simple one word name for those wings was:
This is very simple….Charlie Strong and Texas CANNOT lose to Rice on Saturday night…PERIOD.
5. Al Golden, Miami vs. FAU – If there is ONE coach in college football that knows he MUST produce in 2015 meaning win a Helluva lot of football games it is Miami’s head coach Al Golden and in Week 2 Golden and his Hurricanes play Florida Atlantic on Friday night and a loss in this spot with these SIX games up next…
Nebraska At Cincinnati At Florida State Virginia Tech At Clemson At Duke
…would be nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster and send Al Golden’s ass onto the face of an O Class Star which in case you didn’t know…
Is One Helluva Hot Place for your ass to be sitting on!
6. Les Miles, LSU vs. Mississippi State – We don’t have any fishing and hunting buddies in the state of Louisiana but we have heard that if LSU loses to Mississippi State on Saturday night that Les Miles will not be traveling back to Baton Rouge with the LSU football team but will instead be taken immediately to Cape Kennedy in Florida where several influential LSU boosters have arranged to have Les Miles and his ass launched on a NASA rocket to…
Calvera the closest neutron star to Earth which is approximately 250 to 1000 light-years from Earth
….which it will take The Mad Hatter several million years to reach and we have also heard that in order to really stick-it-to Les Miles during the entire trip to Calvera those LSU boosters have arranged it so Les Miles will be forced watch a continuous loop replay of the January 2011 BCS Title Game loss to Alabama which most agree was the…
Boringest College Football Game of All Time!
Memo to Les Miles: Don’t Lose to Mississippi State!
7. David Shaw, Stanford vs. UCF – A few Coaches Hot Seat members were on a conference call this week with a “non-athletic related contact” of ours on the Stanford campus who keeps his ears to the ground for us on The Farm since we have to work for a living and cannot hang around the Stanford Athletic Complex and whip the football team into shape which this Stanford football team needs desperately and our “non-athletic related contact” at Stanford said something very Damn interesting on our weekly conference call:
“If Stanford loses to UCF on Saturday there is a very good chance that Stanford doesn’t win 6 games this season because of how fragile and weak this team is and how tough the remaining schedule is.”
Hmmmm….this Stanford football team is “fragile and weak?”
Yep…that was our opinion of the Stanford football team we saw in August on The Farm although our term of…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…for this the 2015 Stanford football team seems to be a little more on the nose to us!
Let’s look at Stanford’s remaining games in 2015
UCF At USC At Oregon State Arizona UCLA Washington At Washington State At Colorado Oregon California Notre Dame
Yep…if Stanford cannot beat UCF which just lost to FIU on their home field then…
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Stanford gets close to 6 wins this season which would further validate what we have seen happen in recent years that has turned the once Very Damn Tough Stanford Football Program into the…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…that will fold-up like a cheap tent bought from Wal-Mart if even the slightest gust of wind hits the campground on The Farm in this case!
YES….UCF is a CANNOT lose game for Stanford head coach David Shaw but then when the cake has already been mixed and baked there isn’t a Helluva lot that one can do to that cake once it is sitting on the counter of the kitchen!
8. Mike Leach, Washington State vs. Rutgers – With Washington State about to look down the pipe of NINE Pac-12 Conference Games that will ALL be very difficult wins for the Cougars if there is a game that Mike Leach and his WSU football team needs to win it is this Saturday’s game against Rutgers because a loss in this spot to fall to 0 – 2 on the season and it will next to impossible for Washington State to get to 6 wins in 2015 and that would make…
Three Out of Four Losing Seasons for Mike Leach at Washington State
YES…beating Rutgers is CRITICAL for Mike Leach and the Cougs!
9. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma vs. Tennessee – There is no doubt in our minds that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops would like to get the Sooners back into the running for a National Championship before he is politely told that his services are no longer needed in Norman since being just a little better than average is eventually not going to cut it at OU even for Bob Stoops, BUT when you talk to people around Norman and we mean folks that have some insight….not total insight but some insight….into what is going on the feeling that used to pervade Oklahoma football under Stoops….
That Dammit We ARE Going To Win Big 12 Championships and National Titles or Die Trying
….just NO LONGER EXISTS in Norman and there in a nutshell is what is wrong with OU football.
We are always coming up with new ways to rank college football head coaches here at Coaches Hot Seat and one way we came up with this past Summer was the “Hungry Meter” meaning on a 1 to 10 scale how “Hungry” is EVERY college football head coach to win Games, Championships and National Titles either at his current school or a bigger school if a great job opportunity presented itself. We have been tossing around the idea of publishing our opinion on the “Hungry Level” for each college football head coach BUT it is such a subjective opinion based on admitted less-than-perfect information we have held it back….so far.…BUT we will tell you of what “Hungry Level” we have OU head coach Bob Stoops at on a 1 to 10 scale to win Games, Championships and a National Title with the Sooners which is of course just our opinion:
Bob Stoops was a “10” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2001 to 2008
Bob Stoops was a “9” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2009 to 2011
Bob Stoops was an “8” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2012 to 2014
Bob Stoops current rating on the “Hungry Meter” = 7.8
In our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat ANY college football head coach who has a rating of less than “9.5” on the Coaches Hot Seat “Hungry Meter” in today’s incredibly Damn competitive college football landscape has NO DAMN CHANCE to win a Conference Championships and National Titles.
Two Coaches Hot Seat members will be traveling up from Atlanta to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game and they will report back on what they see from Bob Stoops and the Sooners….and our guess is….OU loses to Tennessee and ends up with 7 or 8 wins on the season and Bob Stoops is DONE at Oklahoma come December either in reality meaning no longer the head coach at OU or just a coach going through the motions hauling down millions of dollars a year for “X” number of years into the future.
Just our opinion.
10. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame vs. Virginia – Of course both Brian Kelly and Virginia head coach Mike London BADLY need a win in this spot BUT this is a game that Brian Kelly CANNOT lose after the Week 1 crushing of the Hapless Texas Longhorns that are still the Texas Longhorns even though they are now Hapless with a Capital “H” under Charlie Strong! With Georgia Tech coming to South Bend a week from Saturday a loss in this spot will not only dash the hopes of Irish faithful all over the country but would set-up the biggest game of Brian Kelly’s career at Notre Dame because a loss to Virginia followed by a loss to the Yellow Jackets at home would more than likely be a irreversible stake into Kelly’s future unless the Irish ran the table the rest of the way and there CANNOT be a Human Being alive on the Earth that believes the Irish could pull that off!
Our guess….Notre Dame whips Virginia just as UCLA did in Week 1….BUT if the Irish flop-around and lose this game to the Cavaliers Brian Kelly might as well travel on down to Cape Kennedy and get on that rocket with Les Miles that is headed to the closest neutron star because South Bend will be a terrible place to be next week even if Kelly will have to watch along with Miles a continuous loop of the 2011 BCS Title Game between LSU and Alabama which thankfully for ALL college football games was So Damn Boring it gave us the College Football Playoff!
If you don’t think time flies this is the NINTH college football season that Coaches Hot Seat will be…what exactly?
Throwing out our opinions from the peanut gallery on the job status of college and now NFL head coaches and generally being the all-around “Shit-Disturbers” that our wives love so much?
Yep…that’s about it and to think this entire Coaches Hot Seat “thing” started with seven guys sitting around a table in the bar the Balboa Café in the Marina section of San Francisco in the Fall of 2006 talking about how in the Hell they were going to get Walt Harris’ sorry ass fired as the head coach of the Stanford football team!
Hell, let’s end this trip down memory lane and get to the subject at hand which is what College Football Head Coaches are on the Hot Seat at the end of Week 1 of the 2015 College Football season! Geez…that felt very Damn good to type that out and with the memories of Week 1 dancing in the heads of Coaches Hot Seat members and college football fans everywhere let’s bring the Late Great Johnny Cash to get things rolling!
1. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – No doubt…Purdue played very hard against a very good Marshall team on Sunday…BUT…is anyone going to argue that a coach in his third season coaching a Big Ten Conference football team…
Darrell Hazell – Purdue
…should lose to a Conference USA team even if that CUSA team is very well coached and a Top 50 team in the country?
NO….no one should argue that it was OK that Purdue lost to Marshall on Sunday with a head coach in his third year on the job and thus that is why Darrell Hazell now sits on the…
No. 1 Hot Seat!
Up next for Hazell and Purdue…
…and then Virginia Tech at home which is a game that in our opinion Purdue can and should win and in a few weeks and thus the Purdue Boilermakers should be….
2 – 1
….when they host Bowling Green on September 26.
Keep coaching these kids up Darrell!
2. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Really Kevin Wilson? Really?
In Kevin Wilson’s FIFTH season as the head coach of the Indiana Hoosiers football team IU was only able to beat FCB Southern Illinois at home by a score of…
48 – 47
….and that is a Southern Illinois team that put up a record of…
6 – 6
Really Kevin Wilson?
Here’s the bad news for Kevin Wilson and Indiana…the rest of the Hoosiers non-conference slate after the close win over the Salukis:
FIU – Which just beat UCF
Western Kentucky – Which just beat Vanderbilt
At Wake Forest – Which isn’t that good BUT is sure the Hell better than Southern Illinois!
YES…Kevin Wilson’s head coaching career should be flashing before his eyes right now because it’s on the verge of extinction if the past continues into the future in Bloomington!
YES….we would heartedly recommend your Indiana team beat FIU on Saturday Kevin Wilson!
3. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – The good news is that Iowa State beat Northern Iowa by a score of 38 – 7 on Saturday and the bad news is that means about as much as…
A Pinto Bean rolling across the heartland of America right now!
…which means the 2015 college football season actually begins for Paul Rhoads and Iowa State this coming Saturday in their home game against the Iowa Hawkeyes!
With both head coaches in Paul Rhoads and Kirk Ferentz coming into this game on the Hot Seat the Winning Coach will…
Have the HEAT turned down a bit
..and the Losing Coach can be assured…
His ass will be lit-up like prairie of corn on fire in the Iowa heartland!
Anyone else ever seen a prairie of corn on fire in the Iowa heartland?
It isn’t a pretty sight at all and thus why we recommend to BOTH Paul Rhoads and Kirk Ferentz they BOTH win this game which when one thinks about it pretty much assures that either Rhoads or Ferentz’s…
Ass will be lit-up like prairie of corn on fire in the Iowa heartland!
….come next Monday morning!
Oh…Paul Rhoads record against Iowa in six seasons at Iowa State is…
2 – 4
…which is a winning percentage of .333% which is not all that different than Rhoads overall winning percentage coaching the Cyclones which now sit at .395%!
4. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Score from Saturday’s game:
Florida – 61 NMSU – 13
Doug Martin’s record at New Mexico State:
4 – 21
Uhhhhh…that equals Hot Seat!
Enough said on New Mexico State!
5. Mike London, Virginia – In the South when Southerners are really feeling sorry for your ass but in reality they really don’t give a Damn about your predicament they will say something like….
“Well, just bless your heart.”
We are not going to say…
“Well, just bless your heart.”
…to Virginia head coach Mike London after his Cavaliers got blasted 34 – 16 by UCLA on Saturday because we truly would like to see Mike London succeed at UVA but then how can anyone look at the following records for Mike and not put London’s ass on the Hot Seat?
Overall: 23 – 29 ACC: 11 – 29
If the above continues in 2015 and thus can keep someone employed at the University of Virginia we will be applying to UVA soon for a job because you evidently can fail like a Sorry Son of a Bitch and make Millions of Dollars a year at the school that Thomas Jefferson founded!
Oh..up next for Virginia….
Notre Dame at home!
“Well, just bless Mike London’s heart,” Notre Dame fans around America are now saying in unison!
6. Trent Miles, Georgia State – Score from Saturday’s game:
Charlotte – 23 Georgia State – 20
Trent Miles record at Georgia State:
1 – 24
Uhhhhh…that equals Hot Seat!
Enough said on Georgia State!
7. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – Southern Miss played a decent game against Mississippi State for about a half BUT we nor anyone else with a working brain gave Todd Monken and his Golden Eagles much of a chance to beat the Bulldogs which means there is yet another loss on the board and that leave Monken’s records in his third season on the job in Hattiesburg at…
Overall: 4 – 21
Conference: 2 – 14
YES…Larry Fedora did win 12 games in the 2011 season at Southern Miss and now over the last three seasons plus Southern Miss has won….
4 Football Games!
Shocking…just Damn Shocking!
8. Charlie Strong, Texas – It’s one thing in your second year on the job at Texas to take your football team to South Bend, Indiana and lose to Notre Dame.
There is no shame in losing to Notre Dame after all BUT in Charlie Strong’s second year on the job at Texas Strong took his Longhorns to South Bend and lost…
38 – 3
….in a performance where…
The Texas Offense did not exist
The Texas Defense did not exist
The Texas Special Teams barely existed
…which makes us wonder here at Coaches Hot Seat:
Just what in the Hell has Charlie Strong and his football coaches been doing since the end of the 2014 football season?
The answer to that question is evidently NOTHING AT ALL!
On top of that Texas has a QB that would be lucky to run SIXTH string on the Coaches Hot Seat Flag-Football team who from where we sit has NO DAMN ABILITY to lead anyone to do anything which really makes us wonder what exactly is going on at Texas right now because it may be the case that…
Charlie Strong and the Texas assistant football coaches…
Don’t Have A Freaking Clue!
Now at 0 – 1 here is what Texas has left on the schedule in 2015:
Rice California Oklahoma State At TCU Oklahoma Kansas State At Iowa State Kansas At West Virginia Texas Tech At Baylor
Hell…there is a REAL chance that Texas….YES Texas…IF the Longhorns play like they did against Notre Dame will…
NOT win another football game in 2015!
Memo to Charlie Strong: If your Texas football team loses to Rice and California and you then lose to Oklahoma State, TCU and Oklahoma you will be fired before the Iowa State game so here’s a thought for you Charlie…
We would recommend your football team actually show-up against a Rice team that checking the Owls roster does not have ONE player on their team that Texas recruited!
YES…this Saturday’s game against Rice at home in Austin is the BIGGEST game of Charlie Strong’s coaching career because with a loss in this spot to the Owls it will only be a matter of WHEN and not IF Charlie Strong will be fired in Austin so we would recommend someone on the Texas coaching staff get the attention of the Texas football players before Saturday!
9. Al Golden, Miami – Al Golden and Miami did what they had to do in Week 1 and beat Bethune-Cookman by a score of 45 – 0 and now the 2015 college football season begins for Al Golden and Miami with a trip to play FAU in Boca Raton in a game that Al Golden and Miami…
Lose to FAU with Nebraska and a game at Cincinnati left on the non-conference schedule before starting ACC play at Florida State and Al Golden will be in a Helluva HOT spot for the rest of the 2015 college football season!
10. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – In a home game against Western Kentucky that Derek Mason and Vanderbilt HAD TO WIN the Commodores lost to WKU and now Derek Mason is really in a Helluva spot with Georgia coming to Nashville this Saturday. We will say that Vanderbilt looked better on defense and better on offense against Western Kentucky than in the 2014 season BUT the margin for error is very small for Derek Mason and he will probably need 4 or maybe 5 wins to return for the 2016 season and with that let’s take a look at what Vanderbilt has left on the schedule in 2015:
Georgia Austin Peay At Ole Miss At Middle Tennessee At South Carolina Missouri At Houston At Florida Kentucky Texas A&M At Tennessee
Geez….can Derek Mason and Vanderbilt really find four or maybe five wins playing the above remaining games?
We would be STUNNED if Vanderbilt wins four or five games in 2015 is our answer to that question!
11 – 30 Post Week 1 Hot Seat Coaches Analysis Coming Soon!