Well the 2020 College Football Regular Season is over and we moved into bowl season…such as it is….and with that we actually have a chance for a few Head Coaches on the Hot Seat to make things worse if they take losing teams to bowl games and lose and then we have some Coaches on the Hot Seat who along with their teams are…
Hiding Like Damn Cowards behind Corona Virus!
Save us the “kids have been thru so much” because we got 50+ folks Coaches Hot Seat did multiple 6+ month deployments on the oceans of the world in the US Navy including Operation Desert Storm in 1991 and guess what…
Their Asses Weren’t Crying About Having To Do That and Were Proud to Do it For America!
These Worthless Crying College Head Coaches who will NEVER do One Damn Thing For America in their lives on Earth that are now hiding because the last few months been “tough” need lesson on what “Tough” really is in life!
Give these Damn Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – It was no surprise to us that the Michigan Football program totally imploded going down the stretch and has now gotten out of games against…
Ohio State Iowa Bowl Game
…because these are Damn Cowards in Michigan…that’s right…
Shameful Damn Cowards!
You are a Damn Disgrace Jim Harbaugh and your Team is a Freaking Disgrace because what happened at Michigan in 2020 is the…
The Michigan Football Team Quit On and Off the Field and how Jim Harbaugh is still the Michigan Head Coach is a mystery to us but then if we AD at Michigan we grabbed Jimmy by the scruff of the neck and tossed his ass to the curb already because this meltdown of Michigan Football On and Off the Field is nothing short of a…
Total Damn Disgrace!
The FACTS are that since Michigan lost to Ohio State to end the 2018 season Jim Harbaugh’s records are…
Overall: 11 – 9
Big Ten: 8 – 7
…and if Michigan hadn’t run like Damn Cowards Jim Harbaugh would about to have THREE more losses to add to the above Total Disaster Records!
What A Damn Disgrace!
2. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – A few years back Derek Dooley was the Head Coach at Tennessee and was fired after 3 seasons on the job when he posted a record of…
15 – 21
…and now with the cancellation of the Tennessee bowl game…
And who is really surprised that Vols Football has Totally Melted Down just like Michigan did going down the stretch…we certainly were not!
….Jeremy Pruitt has 3 seasons on the job in Knoxville and his record is…
16 – 19
Please now…what in the Hell is the difference between those 2 records?
We will tell you in our humble opinion….Phil Fulmer hired Jeremy Pruitt from the 3 Finalists of…
Kevin Steele Mel Tucker Jeremy Pruitt
…NONE of which we EVER interviewed for the Tennessee job because we are NOT Total Stupid Shits like Fulmer and Phil is NEVER going to admit he was wrong about anything and would…
Burn Down Tennessee Football Burn Down State of Tennessee Burn Down American Republic
….before he admit he was wrong about anything….in our humble opinion!
Be Proud Fans of Tennessee Football..
You got a Raving Dumbass Egomaniac in the AD slot with a Pompous Arrogant Ass Punk who believes his Precious Ass is God On Earth as in the Head Coach slot….in our humble opinion!
Be Proud…Be Mighty Damn Proud!
3. Clay Helton, USC – We thought maybe Clay Helton had actually done some Real Work this past offseason and the Trojans were no longer a Total Train Wreck like they been in recent years under Helton and we were thinking USC would roll a Very Average Oregon team at home in Pac-12 Championship Game which was coming off losses to Cal and Oregon State and yet….
USC in the Biggest Game of the Season playing against the ONLY team with a winning record it faced in 2020…
Did Not Show Up At All to Play for the Pac-12 Title!
How Clay Helton is still employed as the USC Head Coach this morning is beyond us because this is what the Trojans did in 2020….
Barely beat .500 Arizona State team Barely beat Winless Arizona team Struggled against Average Utah team Beat Losing Record Washington State team Beat Losing Record UCLA team
LOST to Only Damn Winning Record Team it played against in 2020…Oregon!
What a Damn Disaster but be Happy USC Fans….you will get more of this Horseshit in 2021!
4. Tom Herman, Texas – As long-time Texas alum buddy of ours has said many times about Tom Herman >
“If your ass gonna be a Pompous Arrogant Ass Jerk your ass better Damn win big and Tom has been nothing but Average at Texas.”
Tom Herman in 4 seasons at Texas has posted records of…
Overall: 31 – 18
Big 12: 22 – 13
…and that is Average As Hell and thus why Herman on the Hot Seat!
If we were the AD at Texas we would have fired Herman after the last game of the season and hired Coastal Carolina Head Coach Jamey Caldwell who be a Mighty Good Fit at Texas because he is a…
Winner Who Wins and Loses With Class and who can Interact with Fat Cat Boosters and Everyone Else!
5. Jeff Brohm, Purdue – In 4 seasons at Purdue while making north of $20 Million Dollars Jeff Brohm has posted records of…
Overall: 19 – 25
Big Ten: 14 – 19
….and that is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disaster!
On top of the above Purdue was able to Weasel out of 2 games against Indiana in 2020 which is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disgrace!
Shameful….Just So Shameful!
6. Scott Frost, Nebraska – There is probably no Non-Stanford Head Coach we want to see win more than Scott Frost because we love the kid but Frost in 3 seasons at Nebraska has posted records of..
Overall: 12 – 20
Big Ten: 9 – 17
Mike Riley in 3 seasons at Nebraska posted records of….
Overall: 19 – 19
Big Ten: 12 – 14
…and was Fired and Run Out of Lincoln on a Rail and yet Scott Frost survives with lot worse records?
That is NUTS but Frost’s record against FBS Teams with .500+ records now stands at…
5 – 17
…and that is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disaster!
We have no idea how Scott Frost is still the Head Coach at Nebraska but then we not going to EVER tolerate….
So far Below Mediocrity you cannot even see it!
7. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – We never thought Mike Leach was a good fit for the Mississippi State job and thought Leach fit a lot better at Arkansas where you can get more of Leach-type players and so far the Leach Experiment in Starkville is sitting on a record of…
3 – 7
…which is a Total Disaster and looking ahead to 2021 Mississippi State’s Schedule looks like this with SEC dates not set yet >
Louisiana Tech NC State At Memphis Tennessee Tech At Arkansas At Auburn Alabama Kentucky LSU Ole Miss At Texas A&M At Vanderbilt
Geez…that looks like 3 or 4 or maybe 5 wins tops again in 2021 and if it’s not a .500+ record next season that’s going to be a Helluva problem for Mike Leach a year from today!
8. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Our Expectations for Virginia Tech is that the Hokies will be in the running and challenging Clemson for the ACC Title Every Single Season especially in the 5 th year of a Head Coach in Blacksburg but instead of the Hokies getting better under Justin Fuente they seem to be getting Worse of just Treading Water and if we the AD at Virginia Tech we fired Fuente this year…but then…
Our Expectations for Virginia Tech a Helluva Lot Higher than Va. Tech AD Whit Babcock’s are and that is a…
Total Damn Disgrace!
There just is No Way in Hell Justin Fuente will make Virginia Tech competitive with Clemson anytime soon and Sorry….
That’s just Not Acceptable to Anyone who with a 2+ IQ!
9. Dino Babers, Syracuse – We believe in Dino Babers ability to be a Winning Head Coach but as we have watched Syracuse play the last couple of seasons it’s almost as if his team is coming apart at the seams off the field and that’s something Dino needs to focus on and fix which brings to mind this quote by the Late Great Bill Walsh >
“The culture precedes positive results. It doesn’t get tacked on as an afterthought on your way to the victory stand. Champions behave like champions before they’re champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners.”
You better Fix the Culture at Syracuse Dino and Fix It Quick Son!
10. Dana Holgorsen, Houston – For a school in Houston that only just a few seasons ago was knocking on a Top 10 Ranking the last 2 years under Dana Holgorsen at Houston have been nothing short of a Complete and Total Disaster with Holgorsen now sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 12
AAC: 5 – 9
We talked to one our buddies down Houston way last week and he tells us…
“Holgorsen doesn’t win 8 games in 2021 his ass is done at Houston.”
It may not be discernable to many but there are some teams playing Excellent Football in 2020 and there are some teams that are Totally Mailing-It-In in 2020 and those in the latter category have their Head Coaches either on or headed to the Hot Seat! As the late Great Andy Grove used to say….
….and thus it’s time for Head Coaches to embrace the turbulence they now find themselves in instead of complaining, whining, bitching, and generally doing lots of crying about how tough they got it since the 15+ Combat Vets at Coaches Hot Seat who did multiple deployments on the oceans of the world Haze Grey and Underway in the US Navy all over the world for 6+ months away from America including Operation Desert Storm in 1991…
Don’t Want To Hear Your Worthless Damn Crybaby Excuses!
Toughen Your Damn Asses Up and Quit Your Damn Crying Your Prima Donna Millionaire Crybabies!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vandy has played some decent football in 2020 losing by 5 points to Texas A&M, 7 points to Mississippi State, and 3 points to Kentucky but….
0 – 6 is 0 – 6
…and Vandy has left in 2020 games against…
Florida Tennessee At Georgia At Missouri
That looks like 0 – 10 to us and with Derek Mason’s records now at…
Overall: 27 – 53
SEC: 10 – 44
…we cannot imagine Mason could survive a winless 2020 season pandemic or not but then if we were running Vandy Athletics we been going NUTS long ago about the state of Vandy Football on all levels from Talent to that Beyond Pitiful Stadium the team plays in!
2. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – In the past 40+ years we have seen lots of college football teams get their asses whipped but we have never seen a team just…
Flat Out Quit and Get Their Manhood Taken Away
….which Wisconsin made and did to Michigan last Saturday in Ann Arbor!
We have some opinions on why Jimmy Harbaugh has Totally Lost the Plot at Michigan which we will keep to ourselves for now, but since Ohio State whipped Blue to end the 2018 season the Michigan Football program has been in a Totally Free-Fall posting records of..
Overall: 10 – 10
Big Ten: 7 – 6
Michigan now at 1 – 3 on the season has games left against…
At Rutgers Penn State Maryland At Ohio State
…and there’s at least a 50 – 50 chance now that Michigan Football Players will…
Totally Damn Quit
..and finish the season with 4 straight losses to finish at 1 – 7 which of course would lead to the end of the Harbaugh era in Ann Arbor which will also probably happen if Blue splits their last 2 games.
Great Luck Jimmy and you better Damn not lose to this Rutgers team which just got beat by…wait for it…Illinois!
3. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Arizona had USC beat in their first game of the season and should have beaten the Trojans but again Kevin Sumlin let a win get away and that leaves Sumlin’s records in his 3 rd season at Arizona at…
Overall: 9 – 16
Pac-12: 6 – 13
….and if those records are acceptable at Arizona now when Rich Rodriguez got fired after posting a 7 – 6 record in his last year in Tucson then Arizona Football no longer exists as a Real Entity on the Earth!
4. Les Miles, Kansas – We haven’t a Damn Clue why Kansas hired Les Miles but then we still don’t have a Damn Clue why Kansas hire Charlie Weis and yet Miles in his 2 nd season on the job his records are….
Overall: 3 – 15
Big 12: 1 – 13
…and the 0 – 7 Jayhawks have left in 2020 >
Texas TCU At Texas Tech
Got 0 – 10 in Lawrence?
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Jeremy Pruitt has now coached 31 games at Tennessee and has posted a record of..
15 – 16
…and after 31 games at Tennessee the last head coach of the Vols Butch Jones had posted a record of…
15 – 16
In the next 25 games with the Vols Butch Jones posted a record of….
19 – 6
…before Butch Jones got fired in his 5 th season on the job and if Pruitt begins to fall behind Jones trajectory of Wins and Loses then he will be fired and we cannot imagine the money folks at Tennessee will allow current AD Phil Fulmer to hire the next head coach because the hiring of Pruitt will have been…
A Sub-Butch Jones Failure!
Tennessee is now 2 – 4 on the season and have left to play…
At Auburn At Vandy Florida Texas A&M
….and if the Vols go 1 – 3 in their last 4 games to finish at 3 – 7 then Jeremy Pruitt…
Should Be Fired and Will Be Fired….Right After Phil Fulmer is Fired!
That is if the money folks at Tennessee give 2 Damn Rips about the future success of Tennessee Football!
6. Clay Helton, USC – The USC Trojans barely beating Arizona State at home and Arizona on the road says more about the current state of USC Football and how far the Trojans have fallen under Helton who now barely beats Mediocre Teams which luckily for Helton the Pac-12 is full of these days!
The wobbly 2 – 0 Trojans have left on their 2020 schedule games against…
At Utah Colorado Washington State At UCLA
…with luckily for USC again the Utes with a reduced roster ravaged by Corona Virus which Kyle Whittingham doesn’t seem to have any control of with his football team but such is the Luck of Clay Helton!
If USC can finish at 4 – 2 on the season then Clay Helton will get another year of coaching the Trojans and that’s gotta be Knife to the Gut of the fans of USC Football….but finish at 3 – 3 and Clay Helton is DONE!
7. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Since that 10 – 4 season in his first year at Virginia Tech Head Coach Justin Fuente has posted records of..
Overall: 27 – 20
ACC: 18 – 13
…which is Average Football in Blacksburg and the now 4 – 4 Hokies have games left against…
At Pitt Clemson Virginia
…which could be anything from 3 – 0 to 0 – 3 and therein lies the problem with Fuente’s tenure at Virginia Tech….
No one really knows what the Hell is coming next!
Virginia Tech should beat Pitt and Virginia and lose to Clemson to finish at 6 – 5 which will probably get Fuente another season….as hard as that is to believe for some of us!
Virginia Tech has become an Average Football Program and maybe the folks in Blacksburg just need to accept that FACT and move on down the road!
8. Scott Frost, Nebraska – The way Nebraska reacted after beating a Pitiful Penn State team at home you would have thought the Huskers won their first National Title since Dr. Tom retired but alas…
It was just beating a Pitiful Penn State Team folks!
The 1 – 2 Huskers have left to play in 2020….
Illinois At Iowa At Purdue Minnesota
…and if Nebraska fools around and loses to Illinois at home on Saturday with at Iowa and at Purdue up next Scott Frost could very well be coaching his last season as Head Coach of the Huskers!
Don’t lose to Illinois Scott!
9. Steve Campbell, South Alabama – Steve Campbell was hired to be the Head Coach at South Alabama before the 2018 season replacing Joey Jones who had posted records in 6 seasons with the Jaguars of..
Overall: 52 – 50
Sun Belt: 18 – 29
….and Steve Campbell in his 3 rd year on the job has posted records of…
Overall: 8 – 24
Sun Belt: 5 – 16
Clearly South Alabama has taken a step or two or three backwards under Campbell even as they have moved into a brand new football stadium and we can only wonder how long this will allowed to continue down the current path…not much longer….Right?
10. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Now at 1 – 7 on the season Syracuse hasn’t looked like much of a football team in 2020 with only a win over Georgia Tech on the board and with these games left to be played…
At Louisville NC State At Notre Dame
…there is a very good chance the Orangemen finish at 1 – 10 and that will be nothing short of a….
Complete Freaking Disaster in Dino Babers 5 th season at Syracuse
2020 sure has been one Helluva interesting year and it promises to remain interesting and devastating with the current state of American Politics and a Corona Virus that is again ravaging our country.
The people here at Coaches Hot Seat that worked for Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and lots of Republican Politicians in the last few decades have a lot to say about the GOP of today that we will leave mainly to Twitter, but needless to say the Republican Party is now a Total Damn Disgrace to itself and the American Republic….in our humble opinion.
On Corona Virus the 7 founders of Coaches Hot Seat who got this whole thing cranked-up in the Fall of 2006 in hopes of ousting a Stanford Football Head Coach, who was quickly fired and replaced by Jim Harbaugh (more on Jimmy in a moment), run an Ad Agency in their Real Day Jobs and they closed their San Francisco office on February 17 because of Corona Virus long before most knew what the Hell the Corona Virus was…or was going to become. Now after 8 months of the US Gov’t doing a Piss-Poor Job on just about everything associated with Corona Virus we are now entering a Third Wave of this Virus ravaging America and is the President, the CDC, Anyone in the US Gov’t, or even most of the American People paying attention or doing anything about it?
No…is the simple answer and if you have come to believe that America is…
Full of Stupid Shits from Top to Bottom
…then you would be right because just look at the below chart to understand that FACT with Hospitalizations for Corona Virus now at 2020 Highs….Freaking Outrageous!
With the Corona Virus Vaccine less than 60 days away Americans cannot even do the Simple Things to protect themselves and others to slow the growth of Corona Virus…
Wash Your Hands Lots Limit Time Inside Buildings Wear Mask Inside Buildings Social Distance With Strangers
You see…the above shouldn’t be too Damn complicated for anyone with a 2+ IQ and yet Corona Virus is ravaging America again and our Stanford Doctor who we been listening to since January on Corona Virus and who has been 100% right on EVERYTHING about Corona Virus since January told us yesterday…
“Lots of Americans are about to die needlessly from Corona Virus because many Americans are too Damn stupid to follow a few simple rules while American Leadership….not that we have any…is asleep at the switch!”
Now with the SEC Conference cancelling football games amid a surge in Corona Virus again in the South and much of America…
….we are only a few weeks away from the Whole Damn College Football Season….at least what is left of it…being shutdown because Stupid Shits gotta Stupid Shit and before that happens we should probably get in at least one…maybe two…hopefully a few more commentaries on Coaches on the Hot Seat before the 2020 season is done!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Few us got to know Derek Mason when he was on the Stanford Coaching Staff and love the man, but what is now happening at Vandy is nothing short of a Complete Disaster!
In his 7 th season at Vandy Mason is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 27 – 52
SEC: 10 – 43
…and is 0 – 5 in 2020 with these games left to be played >
At Kentucky Florida Tennessee At Georgia At Mizzou
Will Vandy win a game in 2020?
Not likely…but Great Luck Derek!
2. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – First time any of us ran into Will Muschamp was before he was on Nick Saban’s staff at LSU and we always liked Will but for lots of reasons…some of them identifiable and some of them not = they are intangible and thus hard to pinpoint…Boom hasn’t excelled as a Head Coach at Florida and South Carolina and now in his 5 th season at USC Muschamp has posted records of…
Overall: 28 – 29
SEC: 17 – 21
Now at 2 – 4 on the 2020 season with these games left…
At Ole Miss Mizzou Georgia At Kentucky
….we be surprised if South Carolina won more than 2 their last 4 games which =
4 – 6 on the 2020 season….At Best!
We haven’t a clue if Will Muschamp can survive a 4 – 6 record in his 5 th year on the job at South Carolina, but then if we been Athletic Director at South Carolina or ANY other FBS School we not gotten ourselves in a spot where we would owe ANY Coach…including Nick Saban…more than 1 Year Salary in a Buyout but since there are so many Damn Morons in AD positions in FBS schools Muschamp now sitting on something like a…
$13M+ Buyout if fired after the 2020 season!
Got Damn Idiocy on Steroids? South Carolina AD Ray Tanner is a Damn Idiot worse than a Damn Idiot on Steroids as is anyone else at South Carolina agreed to such a Totally Asinine contract with Muschamp.
If South Carolina does go 2 – 2 in its remaining 4 games that would leave Muschamp’s SEC Record in 5 seasons at South Carolina at…
19 – 23
…with only ONE season in FIVE above the .500 mark.
Even worse…in 39 games that Will Muschamp has coached against FBS Teams with .500 or better seasons his record is…
12 – 27
Anyone think that is acceptable at a place like South Carolina?
Didn’t think so!
We will say this about Will Muschamp’s coaching at South Carolina with Gamecocks National Rankings of…
#92 in Scoring Offense with 24.8 Points Per Game
#81 in Scoring Defense with 33.0 Points Per Game
…is that Muschamp is now running….
Outdated and Outmoded and Totally Not Competitive Offensive and Defensive Approaches and Schemes
…that gives South Carolina Little Damn Chance to play Winning Football!
Easily Muschamp’s Greatest Flaw is his Stubbornness and either Boom will change with the times or his South Carolina Football Team will continue to lose games that it should be winning as is the case on Saturday at Ole Miss which with a 5 th year coach going against a 1 st year coach which should be a WIN for South Carolina…and yet there is a Helluva Good Chance it will be a LOSS!
3. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Arizona has not played a game in 2020 with its first game at Utah cancelled because of Corona Virus and in 2 seasons coaching the Wildcats Sumlin’s records are…
Overall: 9 – 15
Pac-12: 6 – 12
Now that’s a 6 – 12 record in Pac-12 play when the Pac-12 has Never Been Weaker and in 2020 the Wildcats are scheduled to play…
USC At Washington At UCLA Colorado Arizona State
Will Arizona win a game in 2020?
1…maybe 2…maybe Zero…and there’s the Damn Problem for the Decision-Makers at Arizona that should have NEVER hired Kevin Sumlin right after he got fired at Texas A&M!
If your ass cannot win BIG at Texas A&M with all the advantages that schools has….your ass is NOT going to win at Arizona!
4. Scott Frost, Nebraska – A few of us remember Scott Frost well from when he was at Stanford in 1993 – 1994 on Bill Walsh’s Stanford Football Team before transferring to Nebraska to play for Tom Osborne and to be totally honest….we think the world of Scott Frost and would love to see him winning at Nebraska.
Alas….in his 3 rd season at Nebraska Scott Frost is sitting on records of…
Overall: 9 – 17
Big Ten: 6 – 14
Even worse in 15 games Frost had coached at Nebraska against FBS Teams with .500+ records his record is…
5 – 15
We have a lot of theories on why Scott Frost has not even turned Nebraska into an Average Football Team in the last 3 years which are mainly centered around how…
Fundamentally Un-Sound Nebraska Is in Almost Every Facet of Football
..and in some ways are a worse team Fundamentally today than they were under Mike Riley which leads us to believe that…
Fundamental Football Is NOT Being Coached at Nebraska right now
…but alas we regress from what Frost and the Huskers have left in 2020 >
Now at 0 – 2 on the season Nebraska has left…
Penn State Illinois At Iowa At Purdue Minnesota
Nebraska should be able to beat Very Average to Worse Penn State, Illinois, and Minnesota at home but those 2 road games look mighty tough and if that’s the way it goes that would be…
3 – 4 on the 2020 season
…and an Overall Record for Frost after 3 seasons at Nebraska of…
12 – 19
After 3 seasons at Nebraska Mike Riley got fired and run out of Lincoln and his record was…
19 – 19
…with only ONE Losing Season on the Board….Frost would have THREE Losing Seasons in THREE Seasons on the Job!
Don’t try and make sense on what’s going on at Nebraska…none of it makes any Damn sense!
5. Chip Kelly, UCLA – Anyone that doesn’t think Team Culture is EVERYTHING in football just look at the differences in Chip Kelly’s Oregon Football Program where he posted records of…
Overall: 46 – 7
Pac-12: 33 – 3
…record in 4 seasons on the job and now at UCLA Kelly’s is sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 18
Pac-12: 7 – 12
Chip Kelly’s particular…very particular…style of coaching requires a 100% buy-in from the players and since it’s easy for some players to question things that do seem odd to folks when you don’t have the entire team pushing in the same direction…like Kelly had at Oregon…you will find things very rough going and thus why Kelly is struggling so much at UCLA.
Now at 0 – 1 on the season UCLA has left to play in 2020…
Utah At Oregon Arizona At Arizona State USC
…and the Bruins probably be lucky to win what….2 of those games?
What would a 2 – 4 record mean for Chip Kelly in his 3 rd season at UCLA?
We haven’t a Damn Clue but until Chip Kelly fixes the overall Team Culture at UCLA he hasn’t an Ice Cube’s Chance In Hell of Winning with Bruins!
6. Les Miles, Kansas – We have no idea why Les Miles was hired at Kansas because if your ass cannot win at a Very High Level at LSU where you could hire Captain Kangaroo and he win 9+ games a year and beat Alabama once every 3 years then there’s…
No Damn Chance Your Ass Going To Win at Kansas!
Kansas Athletic Director Jeff Long could have hired from a long list of Great Young Football Coaches who are desperate to prove their chops on a stage like the Big 12 Conference, but instead Long being Damn Clueless on most things connected with the Real World hired Les Miles which is very close…not quite but close…to the Kansas hiring of Charlie Weis which is easily…
The Worst Head Coaching Hire in College Football History!
In 2 seasons at Kansas Les Miles records now at…
Overall: 3 – 15
Big 12: 1 – 13
…and Kansas now at 0 – 6 has games left against…
Texas TCU At Texas Tech
Got 0 – 9 for Kansas and Les Miles in 2020?
Yep…you got it All Day and All Night Long….and you are Damn Clueless Jeff Long!
7. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – First time we laid eyes on Jeremy Pruitt he was an assistant coach at Hoover High School outside Birmingham, Alabama about 15 years ago when we in Bham to see an ad agency client. We have good friend who played for the precursor high school to Hoover High School, Berry High School, who played on a Football State Championship Team at Berry in the 1980s for Coach Bob Finley. Rush Propst was of course the head coach at Hoover High School when Pruitt was on the Hoover staff and watching them practice a few times we never thought very much of Propst’s coaching style since we are Bill Walsh folks who see the way Propst coaches as something from another world, but Propst has won a lot of football games with his particular way of coaching.
From that time seeing Pruitt coach for Propst at Hoover and later for Nick Saban at Alabama, Jimbo Fisher at Florida State, Mark Richt at Georgia, and then back to Alabama for Nick before he got the Tennessee head coaching job we never really thought much of Pruitt and were surprised that he got the Tennessee job. When Jeremy Pruitt got the Tennessee job our friend in Birmingham, Alabama who also wasn’t really high on Pruitt’s chances of being successful with the Vols laid out a number of reasons that he thought Pruitt would eventually be fired by “Year 4 or 5 at the latest” which was that a strong argument against Pruitt…and almost every Damn thing our friend predicted 3 year ago has or is now coming True in Knoxville.
In 3 seasons as the Head Coach at Tennessee Jeremy Pruitt’s records are now…
Overall: 15 – 16
SEC: 9 – 13
….and Butch Jones after 3 seasons as the Head Coach at Tennessee who took over a Helluva Lot Bigger Mess from Derek Dooley than Pruitt did after Jones had posted records of…
Overall: 21 – 17
SEC: 10 – 14
Also in Year 4 at Tennessee Butch Jones posted a record of….
9 – 4
Clearly Pruitt is now running right at with or behind Butch Jones at the same place in his time at Tennessee and with Vols now at 2 – 4 on the season they have games left against….after Aggies game was postponed yesterday…
At Auburn A Vandy Florida Texas A&M
Tennessee should be able to beat Vandy…maybe…so let’s give them that win but what if Tennessee finishes at…
3 – 7
…that would leave Pruitt’s records after 3 years at…
Overall: 16 – 19
SEC: 10 – 16
That’s worse than Butch Jones and if Tennessee fans happy with that then Bless Their Pitiful Average Loving Hearts and Be Proud Phil Fulmer for that Great Hire Son!
8. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – We haven’t a Damn Clue who this is claiming to be Jim Harbaugh at Michigan but we got to see Jimmy up-close at Stanford for 4 seasons and….
This Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is the NOT the Jim Harbaugh we knew at Stanford!
Jim used to have a Helluva Lot of Fun coaching Stanford Football and we haven’t seen him laugh, fight, chuckle, do Damn anything that looks like he is having fun coaching Michigan in year now, and in our opinion this odd behavior by Harbaugh is at the core of the reason why Blue looks like a Sub-Average Football Team that got beat at home by a Michigan State with a first year head coach which then turned around the next week and got whipped by Iowa!
Jim Harbaugh’s records at Michigan are Decent…but Not Great…
Overall: 48 – 20
Big Ten: 33 – 14
….but Michigan is clearly fallen way behind Ohio State and it seems now…even Indiana…and at 1 – 2 on the season and these games left to be played….
Wisconsin At Rutgers Penn State Maryland At Ohio State
Ain’t no way this Michigan Team beating Ohio State and the rest of the games are all potential losses the way Blue is now playing so we have no idea what is coming but if Michigan loses to a Wisconsin team that hasn’t played in weeks then the rest of the 2020 season is going to be UGLY!
Memo to Jim Harbaugh: Football supposed to be FUN Son and if your ass is not having FUN coaching Michigan Freaking Football making $8M+ a year then your ass needs to walk out the door so Blue can find a coach that will actually enjoy coaching Michigan as would all of us who would happily walk from Lake Tahoe to Ann Arbor in Winter to coach the Wolverines with smiles on our faces the whole way there!
Come on Jimmy…either Coach Michigan and have Helluva Lot of Fun doing it or go find something else to do!
9. Clay Helton, USC – Clay Helton got a Total Gift in Week 1 from an Arizona State team that totally melted down to save what would have been a terrible way to start the 2020 season with a loss at home and now Helton’s records in 6 seasons on the job…
Overall: 41 – 22
Pac-12: 32 – 12
The above records are AVERAGE for USC and thus why Clay Helton is on the Hot Seat and at 1 – 0 in 2020 with these games left…
At Arizona At Utah Colorado Washington State At UCLA
…how many games can Trojans win in 2020 and how many wins does Helton need to hang onto his job?
USC can win and should win 5 of their 6 games in 2020 and if they only win 3 then Clay Helton is going to be in a Helluva Tough Spot come December!
10. Dino Babers, Syracuse – We are not sure what has happened to Syracuse the last 2 seasons under Dino Babers since that 10 – 3 season in 2018 but with a record of…
6 – 14
…the last 2 seasons and overall records in 5 seasons at Syracuse of…
Overall: 24 – 33
ACC: 13 – 26
….Babers is in a terrible place with the 1 – 7 Orangemen still having to play this season…
At Louisville NC State At Notre Dame
Geez…that looks like 3 more losses to finish the season at 1 – 10….come on Dino…you need to win this next game against Louisville Son!
To our amazement Willie Taggart got the Oregon job which made no Damn sense to anyone at Coaches Hot Seat in December 2016 and makes no Damn sense to anyone here today because it was such a “strange” fit which brings us to Florida State hiring Willie Taggart after he had only been at Oregon for one year.
There’s a good case to be made that if Taggart had just stayed at South Florida for another season and had another 9+ win year he would have been an obvious choice for Florida State, and maybe things would have been different than they were the last two seasons at FSU which in our opinion from what we have been told by FSU-alum friends that live in the State of Florida has been…
Nothing Short of a Complete Disaster from Day One under Taggart
What was most alarming to us watching Florida State from afar and not seeing things that our friends in Florida were seeing and telling us from first-hand observations was the way that FSU was playing under Taggart which was often…
….and there really was no way for Florida State to allow that to continue because the school could hire almost any Random FSU Fan off the street and for God’s Sake they are going to have the Florida State team fired up to play Miami!
Geez…if a Florida State team is NOT fired-up to play Miami that is team with a Head Coach that MUST be fired and thus the FSU President was right in saying that Florida State University had…
….but to fire Willie Taggart….and rightfully fired Willie was.
Let’s bring out the Late Great Johnny Cash to show these Hot Seat Coaches what this whole thing is all about!
Steve Sarksian and Lane Kiffin also made similar mistakes not completely understanding what goes into being the Head Football Coach at a place like USC and if there is one thing that USC must do with its next Head Coach is make sure they simply >
Know What The Hell They Are Doing!
We could write a book on the incredible number of things that coaches like Nick Saban at Alabama and Urban Meyer when he was at Ohio State would make sure are being covered and being taken care of which when you boil it down is just a long list of Must Do Items that is the basis for anyone running any organization on Earth successfully. At places like Alabama, Ohio State, and USC in order to be successful and live up to the expectations of the fan bases at those schools, if you are not taking care of all the Big Things + Tiny Details then eventually it will catch-up to you and what all this basically comes down to is this quote from the Late Great Paul “Bear” Bryant >
“If you want to coach you have three rules to follow to win. One, surround yourself with people who can’t live without football. I’ve had a lot of them. Two, be able to recognize winners. They come in all forms. And, three, have a plan for everything. A plan for practice, a plan for the game. A plan for being ahead, and a plan for being behind 20-0 at half, with your quarterback hurt and the phones dead, with it raining cats and dogs and no rain gear because the equipment man left it at home.”
Clay Helton certainly has worked hard and done what he thinks is best for USC to win football games but in the end >
It’s the many Big Things and Tiny Details that Clay Helton didn’t take care of that will be his undoing and what Helluva Lesson Helton’s time at USC is for coaches and Helton himself who can certainly learn from his mistakes and get another head coaching job in the future, and that is the main reason why Helton needs to keep working hard and try like Hell to get his USC team to win these last 3 games against…
At Arizona State At California UCLA
On a related note to what is written above we have a member of Coaches Hot Seat who played football at Alabama for Paul “Bear” Bryant in the 1970s and in the Spring Term after his senior and last season as a player at Alabama he went by Coach Bryant’s office to get some advice on a career issue. In telling this story the former Alabama player relates an amazing scene but one thing he says he will always remember is when he was standing by Coach Bryant’s desk just before he left he noticed Bryant had a 8/12 x 11 notepad that had a long list of things that Bryant was clearly working on with “checks” by the things that had been completed. Coach Bryant was working off a To Do List just like all of us do that are running things and in that To Do List is what made Alabama Football Get-Up-And-Go under Bear and makes it goes under Nick Saban and in the end it really is about…
“Taking Care of the Little Things…and a Little Something Extra!”
Good Luck to you Clay!
2. Chad Morris, Arkansas – We will forever wonder how someone could like Chad Morris have a career win/loss record as a Head Coach of…
14 – 22
…in 3 seasons at SMU get a Head Coaching job at an SEC school like Arkansas and not surprising to us or anyone else with a 2+ IQ Morris has struggled at Arkansas because…
Arkansas is a Helluva Lot Tougher Job than SMU!
In two seasons at Arkansas Chad Morris has now with the loss to Mississippi State posted records of…
Overall: 4 – 17
SEC: 0 – 14
….and to say that is BAD and that Arkansas looked no better in Morris 21st game at the school than they looked in his 1st game coaching Arkansas is an understatement for the ages…and that’s a Helluva Problem for the folks making the hiring and firing decisions in Fayetteville….a Helluva Big Problem!
Now at 2 – 7 on the season Arkansas has left in 2019 games against…
Western Kentucky At LSU Missouri
….and if Arkansas plays like they did against Mississippi State the rest of the year the Hogs will not win another game!
If Arkansas does fire Chad Morris we would recommend ONE thing to the folks in Fayetteville >
Hire A Football Coach with a WINNING RECORD!
Is that simple enough? Good!
3. Mike Bloomgren, Rice – Mike Bloomgren has been the Head Coach at Rice for 2 seasons and he has posted records of…
Overall: 2 – 20 (.091%)
CUSA: 1 – 12 (.077%)
….and he replaced David Bailiff at Rice who posted records over 11 seasons of..
Overall: 57 – 80 (.416%)
CUSA: 40 – 48 (.455%)
….and the idea is that when you fire a Head Coach you should hire a New Head Coach that does better than the Fired Head Coach and that’s something that folks at Rice University don’t seem to understand which also seems to be the problem at lost of FBS schools these days!
4. Scott Frost, Nebraska – When Mike Riley was still the Head Coach at Nebraska a buddy of ours who played for Frank Solich at Nebraska told us over lunch in Omaha that >
“They have forgotten how to win at Nebraska and it’s not going to be easy to turn that place around.”
Watching Nebraska play in 2019 it’s become our opinion that Scott Frost badly misunderstood what he was actually taking over at Nebraska and that Frost believed that through better coaching, conditioning program, and other things that Frost did at UCF and saw done at Oregon that the Huskers would by now have Nebraska back to winning football games.
After a loss to a really bad Purdue team on Saturday what has become clear to us is that the problems at Nebraska are primarily….
A Lack of Leadership and Motivational Issues
…and that Frost’s particular brand of coaching which isn’t really focused on Leadership and Motivation is just making things worse in Lincoln or at best just treading water. It’s also now our opinion that either Scott Frost will change his approach from…
“We are going to show everyone in America how tough Nebraska really is.”
….to Leading and Motivating the Nebraska Football Program or nothing is going to change for the better and a year from now Scott Frost will be well on his way to being fired at Nebraska.
Reality is Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer, Don James, Paul Bryant, Bud Wilkinson, Darrell Royal…name whatever great coach you can think of from the past…would have to change their coaching style to coach Today’s Players or they would be Failing Totally like Scott Frost is now Failing at Nebraska and either Frost will realize that soon or he is headed for the same ending the Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini, and Mike Riley found at Nebraska which is getting fired and told to pack-up your things…because you are DONE!
Mainly the problem right now at Nebraska is…
It’s Miserable As Hell to play football for the University of Nebraska Football Team precisely because the Head Coach is miserable as Hell and either Frost will get these kids Excited about playing football and having Fun playing football again….like the players were at UCF under Frost….or it’s Danger Ahead Scott Frost!
Scott Frost’s records at Nebraska are now….
Overall: 8 – 13
Big Ten: 5 – 10
…and the Huskers have left on their 2019 schedule games against…
Wisconsin At Maryland Iowa
Will Nebraska win another game in 2019?
Can this Huskers team even beat a really bad Maryland team on the road?
What will be the situation at Nebraska if the Huskers finish at….
5 – 7
4 – 8
….heading into the 2020 season?
It will nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster with Scott Frost probably panicking and overreacting in an even worse way to what he sees as some kind of “weakness” with the Nebraska football team and players when in reality it’s…
A Fundamental Misunderstanding of The Problem with Nebraska Football!
5. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – An untold story about the 2019 college football season is how many SEC teams are Average or Sub-Average compared to years past and look no further than the game between Mississippi State and Arkansas this past Saturday which saw two teams that can barely bust a grape facing off making one of the teams look like a decent football team in the Bulldogs when in reality…
Both the Bulldogs and Razorback are playing Sub-Average Football in 2019!
In two seasons at Mississippi State Head Coach Joe Moorhead now has records on the board of…
Overall: 12 – 10
SEC: 6 – 8
…and the 4 – 5 Bulldogs still have to play in 2019 games against…
Alabama Abilene Christian Ole Miss
No way MSU beats Alabama and they will surely beat Abilene Christian so guess what Mississippi State Football has come down to in Joe Moorhead’s second season in Starkville >
You gotta beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl to go to a bowl game!
Oh…in 9 seasons at Mississippi State and in his last 8 seasons Dan Mullen posted a .500+ record and took the Bulldogs to a bowl game…
Every. Damn. Season.
Our Expectations for Mississippi State Football are not unreasonably high…
7 or so wins a year will usually keep the Head Coach off the Hot Seat but that 2018 Bulldogs football team was LOADED and Moorhead only won 8 games and now in his second season MSU is sitting on a record of 4 – 5 and we cannot help but wonder >
Where in the Hell is this going because where it’s going now is….NOT GOOD!
6. Barry Odom, Missouri – Trying to figure out what is going on Missouri is something for Sherlock Holmes because please now…
How do you go from losing to Wyoming to reeling off 5 straight wins over West Virginia, SE Missouri State, South Carolina, Troy, and Ole Miss…not exactly a killer’s row of course….to losing to Vanderbilt and Kentucky…not killer teams either to land on a record of…
5 – 3
…with games left against…
At Georgia Florida Tennessee At Arkansas
We don’t know but we do know that Missouri has played only ONE team in 2019 with a record above .500…
…and they lost to the Cowboys and now they get to play….
2 teams with .500+ records = Georgia and Florida
2 teams with sub. 500 records = Tennessee and Arkansas
…and we recommend Barry Odom find a way to win at least 2 of his remaining 4 games if he wants to get his ass off the Hot Seat!
7. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern – Saying that there are Pompous Arrogant Ass Head Coaches on the FBS level in college football is like saying the Sun comes up in the East, but truly someone who in our opinion believes that his Precious Ass not only invented the game of football but also that he is God on Earth and spun-up the Moon, Stars, and Sun and everything else that we Pitiful Peons can see in the sky at night is truly…
Northwestern Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald
…who is in our opinion one of the Top 10 Most Pompous Arrogant Ass Human Beings now alive on the planet….which has 7.53 Billion Folks on it just for facts sake!
Pat has done a nice job at Northwestern and even won the Big Ten Western Division in 2018 going 19 – 8 in the last two seasons coming into 2019 so mainly we have Pat Fitzgerald on the Hot Seat because…
Northwestern is now 1 – 7 on the season
Pat Fitzgerald is one of the Most Pompous Arrogant Asses on the Earth and we believe that when Pompous Arrogant Asses FAIL it makes the world a better place and someone that doesn’t go around acting like a Total Ass all the time gets their wings!
Northwestern at 1 – 7 has games in 2019 left against…
Purdue UMass Minnesota At Illinois
…and since we could get together a Powder Puff team from Sonoma State University that could whip Purdue and UMass the Wildcats got a chance to win a couple of games in the next two weeks but can Northwestern beat Minnesota and/or Illinois?
Nope….not in our humble opinion!
On a related note a bunch of us at Coaches Hot Seat got to see Northwestern play at Stanford to open the season and our only comment on that game which saw the Wildcats score 7 points is that…
We have seen Pee Wee Football Teams with more sophisticated, organized, and efficient offenses than the Northwestern offense that we saw play on The Farm on August 31!
Here’s to Northwestern losing their last 4 games and Pat Fitzgerald being elevated to the #1 Hot Seat so he can be there all offseason!
8. Dana Holgorsen, Houston – We are not quite sure what big Houston booster Tilman Fertita thought he was getting with Dana Holgorsen as the head coach of the Houston football program but we are betting it wasn’t a record of…
3 – 6
…9 games into Dana’s first season on the job with games still left against…
Memphis At Tulsa Navy
With those games left there’s a very good chance that Houston will not go to a bowl game in 2019 and that would be a significant downgrade for the Cougars football program which has only missed a bowl game in…
2 of the last 15 seasons
…and if we remember right everyone was told that…
Dana Holgorsen was significant upgrade on the last Houston Head Coach Major Applewhite who in 2 seasons on the job…
Took Houston to 2 Bowl Games
…posting 7 – 5 and 8 – 5 records!
Dana Holgorsen is a decent football coach but he’s also a Pompous Arrogant Ass Jerk and if he fails at Houston it will not matter to us at all but we are betting it will matter to Tilman Fertita who next time around should hire someone….
Can Coach the Game of Football and Isn’t a Pompous Arrogant Ass Jerk!
9. Mark Dantonio, Michigan State – The Spartans had a bye in Week 10 as they sit on a record of 4 – 4 with games left against…
Illinois At Michigan At Rutgers Maryland
…and a win in this Illinois game would be BIG since Rutgers and Maryland are Total Dumpster Fires and probable wins for Michigan State and if there is something that Mark Dantonio needs it is it more than….
6 Wins in 2019
….because just 6 Wins when 5 of those wins would be over FBS teams with sub .500 records is not something that would inspire confidence among fans of Michigan State football nor anyone else with a Lick of Common Sense!
10. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – We are not quite sure how Kevin Sumlin got Arizona to a point where in his 21st game at the school that they would lose at home to a 4 – 4 Oregon State team by the score of…
56 – 38
….which was Arizona’s 4th straight loss to drop the team to 4 – 5 on the season with games left against…
At Oregon Utah At Arizona State
Got it looks like Arizona is going to finish at 4 – 8 in 2019 after going 5 – 7 in Sumlin’s first year on the job in Tucson?
Yep….and that’s a Helluva Problem for the folks at Arizona because if a program is getting worse in Year 2 guess what happens 90% of the time to football programs in Year 3 for a Head Coach in the 12 years that Coaches Hot Seat has been around starting with the 2007 college football season >
They are no better or get worse in Year 3!
If Arizona does lose its last 3 games that will leave Sumlin’s records in 3 seasons on the job at….
Overall: 9 – 15
Pac-12: 6 – 12
…and more importantly in the metric we rely on most to decide if a coach is on the Hot Seat or not Kevin Sumlin’s record against FBS teams with .500+ records is…
1. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – They say that life comes at you fast and boy things are sure coming fast for Mississippi State head coach Joe Moorhead who in his second season in Starkville is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 11 – 10
SEC: 5 – 8
…after the loss to Texas A&M on Saturday and 3 – 5 on the 2019 season which adds up to >
The Hottest Seat in College Football!
With these games left on the schedule…
At Arkansas = #1 Hot Seat Coach vs. #2 Hot Seat Coach Matchup! Alabama Abilene Christian Ole Miss
…could Moorhead possibly survive not taking the Bulldogs to a bowl game in Year 2 after taking over what everyone agrees was a Top 30ish football program just a year ago?
Not in our opinion but then in our opinion Moorhead was an Incredibly Risky Hire in a spot where the folks at Mississippi State DID NOT have to make an Incredibly Risky Hire!
Bill Clark, UAB Jeremy Pruitt, Alabama DC Brent Venables, Clemson DC Joe Moorhead, Penn State OC Neal Brown, Troy Mike Bobo, Colorado State Jason Candle, Toledo Ryan Day, Ohio State OC Chad Morris, SMU
Now if we had been the Mississippi State AD in 2017 we would have had on our list of potential head coaches from above list these coaches…
Bill Clark, UAB Neal Brown, Troy
….along with 3 to 5 other FBS and FCS Head Coaches and not interviewed any of the others because….
We Would Not Have Made An > Incredibly Risky Hire for the Mississippi State job because…
There was No Damn Need To!
Why was Joe Moorhead even on the interview list at Mississippi State considering where the job is located at?
We don’t have a Damn Clue!
One thing we do know…Joe Moorhead better not lose to Arkansas this coming Saturday which…wait for it…has not won even ONE SEC Conference game under Chad Morris!
Speaking of Chad Morris!
2. Chad Morris, Arkansas – In Chad Morris’ 20th game as the Head Coach at Arkansas his football team got beat 48 – 7 by Alabama in a game that could have been 70 – Zilch if Saban had wanted it to be and that now leaves Morris’ records in Fayetteville at >
Overall: 4 – 16
SEC: 0 – 13
Much like Joe Moorhead at Mississippi State we really don’t have a Damn Clue why Chad Morris was even interviewed at Arkansas which is an SEC Conference Head Coaching Job in the SEC Western Division and thus needs one Helluva Great Football Coach to lead it if it’s going to be competitive and what were Morris’ records in 3 seasons at SMU?
Overall: 14 – 22
AAC: 8 – 16
Please now…how in the Hell do you get an interview to be Head Football Coach at the University of Arkansas when you have an overall record of 14 – 22 at your current school?
Because you coached Deshaun Watson at Clemson?
A Drunken Stumblebum who showed up to practice once a week could have coached Deshaun Watson at Clemson because the kid as we can all see now with his play at the Texans…doesn’t need stinking coaches to be GREAT since he has Mediocre As Hell Coaches in Houston!
Getting back to Chad Morris at Arkansas the 2 – 6 Hogs have games left against…
Mississippi State Western Kentucky At LSU Missouri
Will Arkansas win another game in 2019?
We don’t think so and if that happens that creates a Helluva Problem since we have some real concerns that the folks in Fayetteville have a Damn Clue how to hire the next Head Football Coach if they let the current Head Football Coach go!
What a Damn Mess in Fayetteville!
By the way…we know exactly Damn what we would do in this spot to get the Arkansas Football Program rolling again but does anyone in Fayetteville have such a plan?
Not A Chance In Hell!
3. Clay Helton, USC – Clay Helton moved up a couple of spots in the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings this week even after a win because in your 57th game as the head coach of the USC Trojans you should not struggle to beat a 3 – 4 Colorado team with a first year head coach and thus Clay Helton’s dilemma >
Clay Helton is coaching at place that should be ROLLING like Alabama is now ROLLING in his 4th year on the job and yet…
USC struggles to beat even Average Football Teams and thus it’s our opinion that even the now 5 – 3 Trojans running the table against….
Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
…it would take USC winning the Pac-12 Conference Title for Helton to hang onto his job and that leaves little margin for error…Damn Little margin for error!
4. Mike Bloomgren, Rice – We got to see a good bit of Mike Bloomgren at Stanford and we really didn’t have an opinion on whether he would be a good head coach or not since we never really gave it a thought that Mike might be a head coach or not but we were happy to see Mike get the Rice job and so far….not so good!
Mike’s records at Rice now stand at…
Overall: 2 – 11
CUSA: 1 – 11
…and 0 – 8 in 2019 with these games still left to play…
Marshall At Middle Tennessee North Texas At UTEP
The UTEP Football Program is a Damn Disaster so maybe Rice can win the last game of the year but in our opinion they will be 0 – 11 heading into that game and that cannot make the folks that do the hiring and firing of football coaches at Rice happy since it means you are hoping to beat UTEP in a head coach’s 2nd year on the job at Rice…just to get ONE Damn Win on the board!
Not Good…Not Good At All!
5. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Save the win over Georgia the 2019 football season has been nothing short of a Complete Disaster for South Carolina and Will Muschamp with wins over…
Charleston Southern = FCS Kentucky = Average As Hell Georgia = Maybe not so good after Notre Dame got its ass whipped by Michigan
…and with those 3 wins the Gamecocks have left games against…
Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
….and if Muschamp lost to Vandy this coming Saturday he should be fired right after the game so we don’t see that happening but will they win another game after the Commodores?
What would happen at a place like South Carolina when you win only 4 or 5 games in your 4th year on the job?
Probably nothing and that’s why South Carolina Football is South Carolina Football and why it will ALWAYS be South Carolina Football…unless they luck into hiring another legendary coach like Steve Spurrier which we don’t see happening in our lifetimes!
Don’t lose to Vandy Will or your head coaching career will be…OVER!
6. Steve Addazio, Boston College – With the Boston College loss to Clemson on Saturday Steve Addazio’s records at BC now stand at…
Overall: 42 – 42
ACC: 20 – 33
….and maybe that’s OK for the folks in Boston but to us at a place like Boston College the above records are…
Now there are reports out that Rutgers is interested in hiring Steve Addazio and let’s think about that for a second….
Rutgers wants to hire a guy in Steve Addazio who is Sub-Damn-Average in our opinion at Boston College and they really believe he would be able to do anything at all in the Big Ten East Division at Rutgers?
Got Damn Idiocy BIGGER than the Damn Idiocy of hiring Chad Morris at Arkansas?
Yep…in our humble opinion!
Oh…the 4 – 4 Eagles have left on their schedule in 2019 games with….
At Syracuse Florida State At Notre Dame At Pitt
Oh…that would be just GREAT for Rutgers to hire a guy with a losing season in the same year he was hired at the school he was coming from!
What a time to be alive!
7. Barry Odom, Missouri – We were willing to forgive an opening season loss at Wyoming which is a tough place to play but with back-to-back losses at Vanderbilt and at Kentucky the Mizzou season is on the verge of falling to pieces with the now 5 – 3 Tigers left with these games on the schedule >
At Georgia Florida Tennessee At Arkansas
Damn….Mizzou will more than likely be 5 – 4 when they host Florida on November 16 in a MUST WIN game that if lost would mean Mizzou would have to beat Tennessee or Arkansas just to get bowl eligible not that Mizzou is even bowl eligible being on probation!
What a Damn Mess at Mizzou!
8. Scott Frost, Nebraska – The most disconcerting thing about watching Nebraska play football in 2019 is that they look worse in 2019 than they did in 2018 in Scott Frost’s first year on the job and now with back-to-back losses to Minnesota and Indiana and only wins on the board against…
South Alabama Northern Illinois Illinois Northwestern
….who have posted a combined record of…wait for it…..
9 – 22
…it has got to be that Huskers fans are asking the same question we here at Coaches Hot Seat are >
Just what in the Hell is going on in Lincoln?
Or more to the point >
Just what in the Hell is Scott Frost and the Nebraska coaches doing because they just gave up…
38 points to Indiana
…after giving up…
34 points to Minnesota!
We are a long ways from Nebraska so we really don’t have any idea what is going on in Lincoln beyond what we see in the games but something we have noticed which is different from Scott Frost’s teams at UCF >
Scott’s Nebraska teams in 2018 and 2019 do not seem to enjoy playing football like Scott’s teams at UCF did!
Now what exactly that means or if Frost is coaching his Nebraska players differently than he did his UCF players we don’t know, but if it’s miserable to play sport that you are supposed to be playing it because you love it…as we all did in college…then you have Helluva problem on your hands and the 4 – 4 Huskers with these games left to play…
At Purdue Wisconsin At Maryland Iowa
…have a Helluva problem on their hands!
A movie that is often used in the US Military to show potential leaders what it should look like to take command of a unit, division, platoon, or command is Twelve O’Clock High which stars Gregory Peck and him taking over a “hard luck” US Army Air Force bombing squadron stationed in England during World War II. Perhaps the most famous scene of that movie is Gregory Peck giving his first speech to his new command and this one scene says everything about how a leader should take command of a struggling unit, workplace, or sports team >
What is not well known by people that have not watched the entire Twelve O’Clock High movie…which we highly recommend for anyone leading anything at all…is that Peck’s character after he got the squadron turned about by “Going Back To Fundamentals” got the place back to what we would call “regular order” which means the squadron transitioned back to enjoying their jobs as best they could in the middle of a shooting war and that may be the problem at Nebraska right now.
The Nebraska players don’t seem to enjoy playing football…as Frost did playing for Tom Osborne at Nebraska…because the coaches have been so focused on Fundamentals they have never been able to get back to “regular order” and thus enjoying playing the game of football as Scott Frost did and we did in college.
There is no reason in the world for Nebraska to lose at Hapless Purdue on Saturday and lose or not they should go to West Lafayette and at least…
Play Hard and Play for the Love of Game
…because right now the current status of Nebraska Football of…
Playing Scared and Having No Damn Fun
…is adding up to a Helluva Lot of Losses and just for the record here are Scott Frost’s records now at Nebraska >
Overall: 8 – 12
Big Ten: 5 – 9
Damn…that’s Not Good…Not Good At All!
9. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Winning a game in the SEC Conference used to mean something but with so many SEC Head Coaches on the Hot Seat these days fielding Average to Sub-Average Football Teams Tennessee beating a South Carolina team that is headed toward a losing season isn’t really achieving anything as much as it is…
If you had lost the game the world would have ended
…and thus that was the situation with Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee on Saturday against South Carolina…
If the Vols had lost that game the world would have ended!
Well…not literally ended but with that win the Vols are now only 3 – 5 on the season with games left against…
UAB At Kentucky At Missouri Vanderbilt
Geez….talk about a MUST WIN game…Bill Clark’s 6 – 1 UAB team comes to Neyland Stadium on Saturday and with about HALF the talent…if that…of the Vols and if Jeremy Pruitt should somehow fool around and lose this game in our opinion…
He should be fired right after the game
…because to lose to UAB in your 21st game as the Head Coach of the Vols there really is no reason for you to remain as the Head Coach of the Vols!
With that win over South Carolina Jeremy Pruitt’s records now stand at…
Overall: 8 – 12
SEC: 4 – 9
….and if those records don’t make you realize that this UAB is BIG, BIG, BIG then you don’t have a Damn Clue!
10. Mark Dantonio, Michigan State – We have a great contact within the University of Alabama Athletics Department who has passed on lots of great information about the Alabama Football Program and Nick Saban for a decade-plus now and 99% of that stuff we have never written about or even talked about in public but we are going to pass along a story that is directly related to why Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio is on the Hot Seat now.
A few years ago Nick Saban was publicly complaining about the hurry-up offense which was noticeably impacting his ability to slow down opposing teams which was also increasing the overall scores of games in FBS football, but behind the scenes Saban was trying to both figure out a way to slow down hurry-up + spread teams while also making the CRITICAL decision to start running a hurry-up offense himself at Alabama to try and get some more points on the scoreboard.
The hiring of Lane Kiffin and the general embrace of a hurry-up offense and trying to score a lot more points wasn’t an easy move for Saban to make since he like us grew up in the 1970s like us and learned that if you played solid on the defensive and offensive sides of the ball and had solid special teams you could win a lot of games and that’s what Saban did….he won lots of Games + Championships…but at the key moment when the game of college football was dramatically changing it was either embrace the future or run from it for Nick….and Saban decided to Hell with it…
We are going to score more points Dammit!
This is such a CRITICAL lesson not only for coaches of sports teams but leaders of all walks of life to understand and that lesson is best summed up by the Late Great Andy Grove who was a Co-Founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board of Intel Corporation and one of the smartest people we have ever run into in our lives who said the following in his great book – Only The Paranoid Survive >
“There is at least one point in the history of any company when you have to change dramatically to rise to the next level of performance. Miss that moment – and you start to decline.”
Nick Saban decided at a CRITICAL moment for his Alabama Football Program that either he could keep complaining about the hurry-up offense or he could decide to beat them at their own game and start to score some more points himself and thus move the ball forward, and Saban took the latter path and he has kept Alabama as a Top 3 program in the country which hasn’t really missed a beat even though college football has been undergoing a revolution of sorts on the offensive of the ball.
All of the above brings us back to Mark Dantonio at Michigan State who in 2015 had the Spartans in the College Football Playoff….against Alabama…and even though Michigan State lost that game by a score of….
38 – 0
….many thought that Dantonio would keep things rolling with the Spartans BUT…Mark Dantonio missed the CRITICAL inflection point when college football was undergoing a revolution of sorts on the offensive side of the ball and since getting destroyed by Alabama in the CFB Playoff in 2015 Dantonio has posted records of…
Overall: 24 – 22
Big Ten: 15 – 17
….and the reason that the Spartans are in such disarray today is that Mark Dantonio….much like Les Miles at LSU which got him fired…is Too Damn Stubborn to understand what is going on around him and CHANGE to keep Michigan State competitive both in the Big Ten and Nationally, and that alone should lead to Dantonio’s firing…unless he is able to look at himself in the mirror and admit his mistakes and ACT immediately to fix those mistakes!
Assembly Hall at the Paulskirche (St. Paul’s Church) in Frankfurt, 25 June 1963
It’s probably too late for Dantonio to do anything about 2019 since the Spartans are now 4 – 4 with games left against…
Illinois At Michigan At Rutgers Maryland
…but he can decide that if he wants to take Michigan State to a bowl game then they will need to score a Helluva Lot more than the…
…they have averaged scoring in their last 3 games and the Score Target should be in this Age of Scoring in College Football…
30+ Points A Game
..or even better to insure a win 95% of the time…
40+ Points A Game
Now if Michigan State stumbles down the stretch and loses 3 of their last 4 games then there will be no point in bringing back Mark Dantonio to coach the Spartans in 2020 because that would be…
3 of the last 4 seasons with Losing Records in Big Ten Conference Play
…and that’s just Not Acceptable at a place like Michigan State…in our humble opinion!
1. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – Before Joe Moorhead took the Penn State offensive coordinator job in 2016 he was the head coach at Fordham where Joe posted a record of >
38 – 13
That’s a pretty good record and in 2 years at Penn State as the OC the Nittany Lions posted a record of….
20 – 6
…which no doubt got him on the radar of the folks in Starkville, but we cannot help but wonder >
Did anyone at Mississippi State think something like….
This guy has spent his entire career in the Northeast and would he be good fit in Starkville?
Obviously not and from Day 1 Joe Moorhead has in our opinion looked like a fish out of H20 and a Yankee in the Deep South and Starkville, Mississippi is the Deep Deep South!
Now the folks that support Mississippi State football would be more than happy to support Ulysses S. Grant as their head football coach if he WON but with Moorhead now sitting on records of…
Overall: 11 – 9
SEC: 5 – 7
…things are getting very precarious for Fordham Joe and at 3 – 4 on the season and these games left…
At Texas A&M At Arkansas Alabama Abilene Christian Ole Miss
…if Fordham Joe loses his next 2 games then….It’s Over…PERIOD!
2. Chad Morris, Arkansas – A number that you just shake your head and look at with Chad Morris is his overall record at SMU and Arkansas…
18 – 37
Geez….how in the Hell do you get the Arkansas job when your posted a record at SMU of 14 – 22 we will never know but the losing has continued in Fayetteville and now at 2 – 5 on the season and with these games left to play…
At Alabama Mississippi State Western Kentucky At LSU Mizzou
…that looks like MAYBE 3 or 4 wins for Arkansas in 2019 and can Chad Morris possibly survive that especially if he goes 0 – 16 in the SEC in his first two seasons?
No One Could Survive That….even Saban!
3. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Like Chad Morris we are not really sure how Willie Taggart got the FSU job since his overall record when hired by FSU stood at….
47 – 50
…and one would think that Florida State would be hiring the Best Damn Coach they could get and does someone with a career overall record of…
47 – 50
….sound like someone that is the Best Damn Coach that FSU could get?
If you said “Yes” to that question you are a Damn Moron!
FSU is now 3 – 4 on the season after the loss to Wake Forest and have left to play in 2019….
Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
Syracuse looks Hardly Coached At All so that should be a win and Manny Diaz’s ass is now on the Hot Seat so who knows on that one and Addazio is on the Hot Seat so we have no clue on that one and Alabama State is a WIN but Florida….looks like a LOSS to us right now!
Can FSU even get to 6 wins in Taggart’s second season at FSU?
We rather doubt it and with that in mind folks in Tallahassee might want to start putting together the $17M+ to buyout Willie and chalk this one up as a lesson and for the next head coach you hire here’s a Pro Trip from the Real World >
Make Damn Sure he has at least a .500+ record you Damn Morons!
4. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Since many at Coaches Hot Seat grew-up in 1970s and were coached hard by our high school and college football coaches and then later went into US Navy and experienced Boot Camp and/or OCS we know what it is to be…
Coached Hard and Tough
….and we also know the difference between Coaching Hard and Tough and demeaning your players in public and it’s past time…way past time…for Jeremy Pruitt to…
Quit Demeaning His Tennessee Players in Public!
There’s a reason why the following Paul “Bear” Bryant quote is up on the wall at our ad agency….
“If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That’s all it takes to get people to win football games for you.”
..and that it is because a REAL LEADER Takes Responsibility When Things Go Wrong and Gives Credit When things Go Right and somewhere along the way growing up in Alabama and playing football at Alabama Jeremy Pruitt NEVER learned that Coach Bryant lesson and we wonder why…we really wonder why?
Whatever goes though Jeremy Pruitt’s head on a day-to-day basis we haven’t a clue you Are What You Are and Pruitt is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 12
SEC: 3 – 9
…..and the 2 – 5 Vols still have to play this season games against…
South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Mizzou Vanderbilt
That looks like 4 or 5 wins to us in Jeremy Pruitt’s second year on the job and would be ONE less or SAME than in 2018 and going 4 – 8 or 5 – 7 in Year 2 really has to get the fans of Tennessee Football fired-up heading into 2020 as does that the Vols are now 23rd in the 2020 24/7 Team Recruiting Rankings behind…
Stanford Ole Miss Mississippi State South Carolina North Carolina
You think 2020 is going to be any better for the Vols than 2019?
Why would you think that exactly?
5. Lovie Smith, Illinois – Congrats to Lovie Smith and Illinois for beating Wisconsin on Saturday and with that win Lovie’s record against FBS teams with .500 or better records in 4 seasons with the Illini moves to….wait for it…
2 – 25
…which really speaks to how much that Wisconsin was a…
Total No-Show Against Illinois
…and has anyone heard Paul Chryst raise his voice at all over how the Badgers played in that game which looked like about 50% effort to us?
No…Chryst is quieter than a mouse which is odd….So Damn Odd!
Lovie Smith’s record at Illinois now stand at…
Overall: 12 – 31
Big Ten: 5 – 26
…and the 3 – 4 Illini still have games against this season…
At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
Damn….Purdue has looked awful most of 2019 and Rutgers is a Total Joke and Michigan State is falling to pieces right now under Dantonio and Iowa…well Iowa should beat Illinois but who knows with Ferentz since Hawkeyes come out flat 3 or 4 games a year and then there is Northwestern which is basically Totally Un-Coached right now which means…
Illinois could win 2 or 3 more games!
Got Contract Extension for Lovie Smith if he gets to…wait for it…5 wins in his 4th year on the job?
6. Clay Helton, USC – It’s going to be fascinating to see what Clay Helton and the USC Trojans now sitting on a record of 4 – 3 do in these remaining games…
At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
…which looks like 2 or 3 more wins to us which Best Case Scenario =…
7 – 5
…in Clay Helton’s fourth full year at USC and now you know why Helton is about to get run out of Los Angeles where you don’t go 7 – 5 in your fourth year on the job at USC!
Interesting number is last 2 seasons Helton is sitting on overall record of….
9 – 10
….which is Bad….Very Damn Bad when you are at USC!
7. Chip Kelly, UCLA – UCLA had a bye in Week 8 after whipping hapless Stanford in a Thursday night game and now the 2 – 5 Bruins have left in 2019 to play…
Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
What will UCLA’s final record be?
Our guess….4 – 8 or maybe 5 – 7 and either of those records might keep Chip Kelly employed in Westwood because UCLA Football has sunk to such a depth now just getting a few wins on the board = Winning!
We would love to see Chip Kelly get things rolling at UCLA and that means only one thing….beating Arizona State on Saturday because you gotta Roll before you Get Rolling!
8. Manny Diaz, Miami – Our expectations for Miami in this Age of Mediocre Expectations for Miami is 8 wins a season and if you are trending below that 8-win line then your ass will be headed to the Hot Seat and that’s where Manny Diaz finds himself with a 3 – 4 record now on the board with these games left to play…
At Pitt At Florida State Louisville At Florida International At Duke
Damn…..that looks like a 5 – 7 record at BEST to us and when you go 5 – 7 at Miami…
Welcome Your Ass to the Hot Seat Manny!
9. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – The Gamecocks played pretty well against Florida and got a few bogus calls go against them…one notable on a Florida touchdown…and with that loss USC is 3 – 4 on the season with these games left to play in 2019…
At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
You gotta figure those last two games against Texas A&M and Clemson are losses so Muschamp gonna needs the next 3 games to be wins to get to a bowl game…wait for it…in his FOURTH year on the job!
Notable record of Muschamp’s that ain’t good…
14 – 15 now in SEC Conference Play!
Damn….don’t lose to Tennessee on Saturday Boom!
10. Kalani Sitake, BYU – BYU got a great win against Boise State at home on Saturday night to move to 3 – 4 on the season and that’s The Problem…that BYU is fighting just to get to a bowl game in Sitake’s FOURTH year on the job where he now sits on an overall record of…
23 – 23!
BYU still has games in 2019 against…
At Utah State Liberty Idaho State At UMass At San Diego State
Idaho State and UMass are wins so that’s 5 wins so a least 1 win against Utah State, Liberty, and San Diego State gonna be necessary for Sitake to keep his job but is 6 wins really now the standard for BYU Football?
NUTS we say to that but then we only been watching BYU Football for 40+ years!
1. Lovie Smith, Illinois – There is a deeply troubling problem in college football today and that problem is Athletic Directors that listen to the agents of coaches telling that they should consider “X Coach” for “Y Job” and there is not an Athletic Director with a 2+ IQ that would possibly listen to a coach’s agent on anything beyond telling him what the school was willing to offer a coach and yet here we are….
Lovie Smith is the head football coach of the University of Illinois football team and in 4 years on the job Lovie has posted records of >
Overall: 11 – 31
Big Ten: 4 – 26
Why exactly Lovie Smith was hired as the head coach at Illinois when he spent the vast majority of his coaching career in the NFL is hard for us to fathom unless you understand this >
There are a Helluva Lot of Stupid As Hell Athletic Directors that actually listen to the agents of coaches when making coach hiring decisions.
Memo to You Stupid As Hell Athletic Directors and You Know Who You Are: YOU decide who you are going to hire as the head coach of your football program and then call the agent to set-up an interview and don’t listen to agents…agents are salesman and only want you to hire the coach and if your ass gets rolled by a coach’s agent that leads you to hiring a coach that his not remotely qualified to coach your school’s football team do you know what that makes you?
Stupid As Hell!
Getting back to Lovie Smith who was not remotely qualified to be a college head football coach the Illini are now 2 – 4 on the season after the loss to Michigan and those 2 wins are over >
What is the combined record of Akron and UConn you ask?
1 – 11
Oh…Lovie Smith wasn’t when he was hired and is not today remotely qualified to be a college head football coach…PERIOD!
At 2 – 4 the Illini have left to play in 2019 >
Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
Save Rutgers and Northwestern which the Little Sisters of the Poor, Blind, and Deaf football team could beat the Illini will not win another game in 2019 and that makes the best case scenario for Lovie Smith in his 4th year on the job at Illinois >
4 – 8
Oh….Lovie Smith is not today and NEVER will be remotely qualified to be a head coach in college football….as for the NFL…we would probably give Lovie a look if we at a place had decent defensive players but in college?
Forget about it!
2. Clay Helton, USC – We thought Georgia was a decent football team which Notre Dame gave a good game but after finding out that Georgia is coached by someone in Kirby Smart that is Lazy As Hell and is unwilling to get his football team ready to play football for a home SEC game in our humble opinion…more on Lazy As Hell Kirby Smart in a moment….maybe the Irish aren’t that great and maybe USC isn’t very good either…but then we already knew that!
Here are the Facts of Life at USC: As a new head football coach you have about 15 games to get things at USC rolling and Clay Helton starting off 12 – 3 in this first 15 games at USC in his first two full years on the job was pretty good but in Helton’s last 19 games he has now posted a record of….
8 – 11
Sorry but an 8 – 11 record in any stretch of losing games over a 5+ game stretch at USC is Totally Damn Unacceptable and when you get the USC football program rolling you either keep the USC football program rolling or you will be fired as soon as it stops rolling and USC football…is almost at a Complete Stop now!
USC is now 3 – 3 on the season and have left to play in 2019 >
Arizona At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
That looks like 2, 3, maybe 4 more wins for USC in 2019 and even 7 – 5 by the Trojans in Clay Helton’s 4th full year on the job means that USC will be looking for a new head football coach come early December but then most everyone knows that by now….don’t you?
We might consider hiring Clay Helton at another school on a lower level and maybe Clay can reinvent himself like Sonny Dykes is doing at SMU right now after getting fired at California and with that in mind Helton is conducting an interview of sorts over these last 6 games for ADs out there that will be looking to hire a coach in a couple of months!
3. Chad Morris, Arkansas – Arkansas played a decent game against a very average Kentucky football team that has been decimated by losses to the NFL and injuries but came up short again and now Morris’ records at Arkansas stand at:
Overall: 4 – 14
SEC: 0 – 11
Geez…that’s not good but take a look at this Stunning Number >
Going back to the 2012 season when John L. Smith coached the Razorbacks the Arkansas record in SEC Conference play is…wait for it…
13 – 46
That’s right…Arkansas has won 13 SEC Conference games in the last 8 seasons for an average of…
1.33 SEC Conference Wins A Year!
Got that now Kansas AD Jeff Long was nothing short of a Total Disaster for Arkansas Football because Jeff also gets credit for hiring Bobby Petrino who we would not hire to Shovel Shit in South Georgia or even to clean the shovels for the people we might hire to Shovel Shit in South Georgia?
Yep…Jeff Long was just a Total Disaster for Arkansas Football and we don’t expect any different at Kansas!
Getting back to Chad Morris and the 2019 Arkansas Razorbacks the 2 – 4 Hogs have left in 2019 >
Auburn Alabama Mississippi State Western Kentucky At LSU Mizzou
Mississippi State is totally imploding so that could be a Win but Western Kentucky is playing pretty good football now under Clay Helton’s brother Tyson so what….Arkansas will finish with a 3 or 4 win season maybe under Chad Morris?
Got nothing short of a Freaking Disaster in Fayetteville?
4. Chip Kelly, UCLA – As one UCLA alum buddy of ours described the feeling among the UCLA folks he knows about the Bruins football program >
“It feels like we have been circling a black hole for awhile now knowing that the black hole is going to suck us in and we just wish it would go ahead and crush us to atoms and get it over with because what’s going on right now is nothing short of Hell!”
That Hell looks like this with Chip Kelly’s current records at UCLA:
Overall: 4 – 14
Pac-12: 4 – 8
The good news is that the 1 – 5 Bruins play Stanford this coming Thursday night and if they can score 30+ points they just might be able to get a second win in 2019 but with these games remaining….
Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
…if the Bruins don’t beat Stanford we don’t see them winning another game this season.
Looks like the entry into that black hole could be coming soon and not a moment too soon!
We will be hosting some our UCLA buddies on The Farm this coming week on Thursday night for the Bruins – Cardinal game and it will be fascinating to see what direction things should go if things continue to fall apart in Westwood and the Stanford game will be the game that will Tell The Tale so Let’s Play Some Football on Thursday night!
5. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – We were quite alarmed when we saw Kansas State totally manhandle Mississippi State earlier this year in Starkville but after losses to Auburn and now a Tennessee team that lost to Georgia State and BYU we don’t think one could find a Softer Team in America than these Bulldogs who look to us like the Ultra Charmin that you pay a couple of extra bucks for in the grocery store!
Joe Moorhead or Fordham Joe as he is known around Coaches Hot Seat because of Joe’s 4 years coaching the Rams where he posted a decent record of 38 – 13….but then the Patriot League isn’t the SEC and that’s the problem here…isn’t it?
Fordham Joe’s records at Mississippi State now stand at…
Overall: 11 – 8
SEC: 5 – 6
…and the 3 – 3 Bulldogs still have to play in 2019 games against >
LSU At Texas A&M At Arkansas Alabama Abilene Christian Ole Miss
Of course the SEC has a Big Fat Cupcake right before the rivalry game for Mississippi State so the Bulldogs will get 4 wins and they should be able to beat Arkansas which lost to San Jose State at home but where will they get at other win to get at least…
I am Average As Hell and Bowl Eligible at 6 – 6?
We don’t know and if Fordham Joe doesn’t win 6 games in his 2nd year after taking over a Top 25 Mississippi State program from Dan Mullen then in our opinion Fordham Joe AND anyone and everyone involved in bringing him to Starkville should be FIRED!
Just our humble opinion!
6. Kalani Sitake, BYU – BYU is such a secretive institution and our Mormon friends are not really into gossip or running down their coach to non-Mormons but we can tell you they are frustrated and a little down after BYU went to Tampa and lost to a really average South Florida team this past Saturday and now Cougs head coach Kalani Sitake’s record at BYU stands at:
Overall: 22 – 23
Not good…not good at all…and now the 2 – 4 Cougs have games left in 2019 of…
Boise State At Utah State Liberty Idaho State At UMass At San Diego State
If you can’t beat South Florida then you are not beating Boise State and more than likely not beating Utah State…nor Liberty probably…nor San Diego State and that means that the record in 2019 is going to look like 4 – 8, or 5 – 7, or 6 – 6 and this is Kalani Sitake’s 4th year at BYU.
Not good…not good at all.
7. Willie Taggart, Florida State – It was reported over the weekend that if Willie Taggart is fired after this season that he will be owed $17 Million-Plus Dollars by FSU and we cannot help but wonder >
Who in the Hell was interested in hiring Willie Taggart after one season at Oregon where he posted a 7 – 6 record to justify Willie getting such a lucrative contract?
The answer to that question would be NO ONE which brings us to this >
Just how Damn Stupid are the people at Florida State University to agree to such a deal?
Very Damn Stupid People is the answer to that question and that is important because FSU just got beat 45 – 14 by Clemson to fall to 3 – 3 on the season and they have games left against…
At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
Alabama State will be a win…we think…so can FSU find 2 more wins out of those remaining 5 games to at least get to…
I am Average As Hell and Bowl Eligible at 6 – 6?
If not it would be worth every penny of that $17M+ to fire Willie Taggart!
8. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Tennessee finally got a win over an FBS team on Saturday but then that was over Mississippi State and there are at least a dozen junior college football teams that could travel to Starkville and whip the Hell out of the Mississippi State Charmin Non-Bulldogs so it’s back to Big Boy Football with these games coming up for the 2 – 4 Vols >
At Alabama South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Mizzou Vanderbilt
There are a few hundred high school football teams in America that could whip Vandy so that should be a win but will Tennessee win another game in 2019 besides Vandy?
Maybe…maybe they can beat South Carolina, UAB, or Kentucky….but maybe not as well and there’s the problem…
No one really knows what to make of Tennessee Football and that’s because there’s no one LEADING Tennessee Football right now….in our humble opinion!
9. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – The following comment from a Houston resident and long-time Texas A&M alum sums up the feeling of many Aggies with Jimbo Fisher 19 games into his tenure in College Station >
“We did not agree to give Jimbo $75 million dollars for him to be Kevin Sumlin-lite and right now it looks like this football program is going backwards not forwards from where it was under Sumlin.”
Hmmmm…..so Jimbo Fisher has now coached Texas A&M for 19 games and his overall record stands at…
12 – 7
And Kevin Sumlin’s record after 19 games coaching the Aggies was….
16 – 3
Please now…can someone tell us why in the Hell that Texas A&M is paying Jimbo Fisher $7.5 million dollars a year when they could hired any Stumblebum that fell of a train going thru College Station and he too also after getting a shower, a hot meal or two, and some hot coffee could have also be sitting on record after 19 games of…
12 – 7?
Oh…what about Jimbo’s record in SEC play in Aggieland >
6 – 5
And Kevin Sumlin’s record in SEC play after 11 games with the Aggies was…
8 – 3
Come now…let’s cut the Horseshit on Jimbo Fisher and start holding accountable all the folks that thought they were geniuses in bring Jimbo to College Station which it seems that some Aggies are starting to realize with our buddy also saying about Jimbo if he doesn’t get things rolling and rolling soon >
“If Jimbo cannot even hit Sumlin’s win/loss marks then we will run him right out of College Station and Jimbo’s legacy will be the total dumpster fire he left behind in Tallahassee and then getting his ass run out of Aggieland.”
The 3 – 3 Aggies now have left on their schedule games against…
At Ole Miss Mississippi State Texas San Antonio South Carolina At Georgia At LSU
Can the Aggies even find 3 more wins this season?
Maybe…Maybe Not…but if A&M doesn’t win 6 games in 2019 then Jimbo Fisher will be given a check and 30 minutes to get his shit together and get his ass out of College Station and thus we highly recommend Jimbo beat Ole Miss in Oxford on Saturday or it’s gonna get Mighty Damn Uncomfortable in Aggieland!
Oh that $60M left on Jimbo’s contract…evidently our Aggie buddies could raise that in less than 15 minutes and Jimbo would be on his way!
10. Kirby Smart, Georgia – We have contacts at about 50 FBS schools around America and we have a good friend that works at the University of Georgia going back to the earliest days of Mark Richt’s tenure in Athens and this fellow has passed along a lot of great info on Georgia Football over the years….and 95% of it we have never written about…at least directly….but we talked to our Athens buddy last week and he says to us…
“It feels like Kirby and the football team are just going through the motions this week not that it will matter against South Carolina. Aren’t we like 21 point favorites or something in this game?”
Yep….Georgia was a 21 point favorite at home against South Carolina and in our humble opinion…
Kirby Smart and his coaches took last week off thinking they could easily beat South Carolina and it is also our opinion that Smart had no interest in laying a beatdown on his good friend Will Muschamp and it was THAT that led to Georgia getting its ass handed to them on their homefield which means…
Kirby Smart totally failed himself, the University of Georgia, the fans of Georgia Football, and most importantly the Georgia Football team because he was a Lazy Ass last week…in our humble opinion…and didn’t properly get his team ready to play South Carolina.
Now…we just did a comparison between Kevin Sumlin and Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M so let’s look at a comparison between Mark Richt and Kirby Smart thru 48 games at Georgia >
Kirby Smart = 37 – 11
Mark Richt = 39 – 9
Hmmmm….so Mark Richt was fired to hire Kirby Smart and Smart has a worse record than Richt and more importantly…
His Lazy Ass just took a week off and he didn’t get his team ready to play a 21-point underdog in a game at home….in our humble opinion?
What does Georgia have with Kirby Smart exactly?
To us it looks like they have a very good recruiter who makes a Helluva Lot of Gameday mistakes and Preparation mistakes and now the pressure is really about to be turned up with Georgia having perhaps the most talent in America and the 5 – 1 Bulldogs have left in 2019 >
Kentucky Florida – Jacksonville Missouri At Auburn Texas A&M At Georgia Tech
Will Kirby Smart have Georgia ready to play Kentucky on Saturday or the games against Florida, Mizzou, Auburn, Texas A&M, at Georgia Tech?
No one knows…and that’s the problem and if Georgia does drop 1 or 2 more games down the stretch with a Massive Talent Advantage in every one of those games then someone in Athens will have to ask the question >
Why in the Hell is Kirby Smart the head football coach at Georgia?
1. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – It’s hard to underestimate the Total Disaster of a start that Jeremy Pruitt is off to at Tennessee but look at the below records of Vols Head Football Coaches going back to Bowden Wyatt in the 1950s to see just how bad things are in Knoxville right now:
Of course, Johnny Majors played football at Tennessee and had won a National Championship at Pitt before he went back to coach at his alma mater in the mid-1970s but we haven’t talked to anyone in Knoxville that thinks >
Jeremy Pruitt has a Damn Clue what he is doing as a Head Football Coach!
With the loss to Georgia the Vols are now 1 – 4 on the season and have left to play in 2019 >
Mississippi State At Alabama South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Mizzou Vanderbilt
If the Vols cannot beat Mississippi State on Saturday then they might not win another game this season including that season ending game at home against Vandy, and even if Tennessee wins 2 or 3 more games to finish at 3 – 9 or 4 – 10 does anyone think that this thing is going in the right direction in Knoxville?
No one with 2+ IQ could possibly think that!
2. Lovie Smith, Illinois – Things just get Stupider and Stupider at Illinois and with the Illini’s loss to Minnesota on Saturday Lovie’s Smith records now stand at:
Overall: 11 – 30
Big Ten: 4 – 25
4 Big Ten Conference Wins in 4 seasons!
You just cannot make-up this Damn Stupidity and…wait for it…Lovie Smith got a contract extension in this past offseason!
Got that these are just Very Damn Stupid People in Champaign, Illinois?
Oh So Yep!
Now at 2 – 3 on the season Illinois has left to play in 2019 >
Michigan Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
Will Illinois win another game this season?
It might be able to beat Purdue and Northwestern since both teams have barely showed-up to play in 2019 but beyond that > NO!
Get ready for Lovie Smith to get another contract extension!
3. Chad Morris, Arkansas – We are still waiting for Chad Morris to show us and everyone else that he has a Damn Clue what he is doing as a Head Football Coach and the reason for that is Morris’ head coaching records at SMU and Arkansas now stand at >
Overall: 18 – 35
Conference: 8 – 26
As Jed Clampett used to say > “Pitiful…Just Pitiful.”
Arkansas had bye in Week 6 and are now 2 – 3 with these games left on the schedule >
At Kentucky Auburn At Alabama Mississippi State Western Kentucky At LSU Missouri
There is a very good chance Arkansas does not win another game in 2019 and if that happens >
Arkansas will be looking for a new head football coach shortly after the Mizzou game!
4. Chip Kelly, UCLA – Chip Kelly’s fall from his time at Oregon when Chip walked out of the Oregon Football offices with a backpack heading off to coach the Philadelphia Eagles is one of the Great Falls in American Sports History and the obvious question is > Why?
It’s just our opinion but our opinion is that Chip Kelly will only thrive in very specific environments that are somewhat closed off from the rest of the world and have small media markets = Not much spotlight on the football coaches.
New Hampshire and Oregon are just those kinds of small markets and Chip thrived in both but Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Los Angeles are Exact Damn Opposite of small spotlight markets and thus it is seems inevitable that Chip will be fired at UCLA unless things get turned around and turned soon in Westwood.
Save a miracle 2nd half against Washington State the Bruins would not have won a game this season and at 1 – 5 with that one miracle win UCLA has left in 2019 >
At Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
That game against Stanford is on Thursday night and is a MUST WIN and Stanford is very beatable since the Bruins will have a chance to outscore them, but lose to the Cardinal and we rather doubt the Bruins will win another game this season and if that happens they will be looking for a new head coach in Westwood come late November.
5. Clay Helton, USC – Now at 3 – 2 on the season USC head coach Clay Helton has very little margin for error if he hopes to be coaching the Trojans in 2020 and here’s what’s coming up for USC >
At Notre Dame Arizona At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
We don’t think Clay Helton can survive if he loses more than 3 games in 2019 so beating the Irish on Saturday is important but even more important will be for Helton to run the table if USC does lose to Notre Dame and the chances of that happening > Next To Zero!
Wouldn’t that be something if both USC and UCLA were looking for a new head football coach in a couple of months?
It might just happen!
6. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – The Gamecocks had a bye in Week 6 but get back to football in Week 7 at Georgia and at 2 – 3 on the season we are wondering if there is a path to 6 wins for South Carolina this season >
At Georgia Florida At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
Surely South Carolina can beat Tennessee and Vandy which would make 4 wins but Appy State is TOUGH so we be surprised if Gamecocks get to 6 wins in 2019 and that would be in Will Muschamp’s….
4th Season in Columbia
That’s Not Good Will….Not Good At All!
7. Kalani Sitake, BYU – Our expectations for BYU when the football team not playing in a conference…and BYU Athletics including football and basketball should be in the Mountain West Conference and it’s incredibly foolhardiness that the AD at BYU doesn’t take BYU back into the MWC…is that the Cougars should win…
8+ Wins A Year
Kalani Sitake’s yearly records at BYU >
2016: 9 – 4 2017: 4 – 8 2018: 7 – 6 2019: 2 – 3
Sitake has hit our expectations for BYU one time in his first 3 seasons at BYU and now 2 – 3 on the season and these games left to be played…
At South Florida Boise State At Utah State Liberty Idaho State At UMass At San Diego State
…we be surprised if BYU won 6 games in 2019 forget about 8!
8. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Willie Taggart records at FSU now stand at…
Overall: 8 – 9
ACC: 5 – 6
…and since this is Florida State Football we are talking about here we are expecting a Helluva Lot More than Willie Taggart’s average wins per year as a head football coach at Western Kentucky, South Florida, Oregon, and FSU of >
5.78 Wins Per Season
With the win over NC State the Seminoles are now 3 – 2 on the season and have left in 2019 >
At Clemson At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
Our guess is that FSU finishes at 6 – 6 or 7 – 5 in 2019 and we haven’t a clue if that will be good enough for Willie to keep his job and reality is it could go either way!
Now if FSU finishes at 5 – 7 in 2019 then Willie is DONE in Tallahassee!
9. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Virginia Tech beat a Very Average Miami team on Saturday which launched Hurricanes head coach Manny Diaz onto the Hot Seat mainly because if Canes not going to play Defense against a Pitiful Hokies Offense then there’s no reason for Diaz to be the head coach at Miami, but getting back to Fuente the Hokies now at 3 – 2 on the season have these games left to play in 2019 >
Rhode Island North Carolina At Notre Dame Wake Forest At Georgia Tech Pitt At Virginia
With 3 Cupcake Games of Old Dominion, Furman, and Rhode Island out of conference in 2019 we have it on good authority that if Hokies don’t win at least 6 games this season…maybe 7….Justin Fuente will be fired come late November and Should Be Fired since this is his 4th season at Virginia Tech…this is Virginia Tech Football we are talking about here after all is a place where…Bozo the Clown could win 7 games a year!
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – Looking at Steve Addazio’s records in 7 seasons at Boston College…
Overall: 41 – 41
ACC: 19 – 32
…we cannot help but wonder >
Why in the Hell is Steve Addazio the Head Football Coach at Boston College?
19 – 32 in ACC Conference Play = A Damn Joke at BC!
Boston College is now 3 – 3 on the season and have these games left to play in 2019 >
NC State At Clemson At Syracuse Florida State At Notre Dame At Pitt
Can Steve Addazio survive not posting a winning record in his 7th season at BC?
We waited a day to do the Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis because we were told there might have been a very surprising development on Monday with a current FBS Head Coach on the Hot Seat which didn’t happen but if it had happened it would have been a Blockbuster Story!
Maybe it will happen…maybe it will not….but something’s going to happen for sure down the road with that head coach!
Let’s bring out the Late Great Johnny Cash to give these Coaches on the Hot Seat Hell!
1. Chip Kelly, UCLA – We are not sure what Chip Kelly is trying to do at UCLA but continuing to run an offense that’s best days are behind it and is also incredibly easy to defend with the lack of talent the Bruins are able to put on the field is nothing but a recipe for a Total Disaster and by any measure an 0 – 3 start to Kelly’s second season in Westwood is already a Total Disaster!
UCLA has left in 2019 the following games…
At Washington State At Arizona Oregon State At Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
Our guess is that the Bruins win 2 games tops in 2019 and if that happens the Bruins will be looking for a new head coach in early December!
Our recommendation to Chip Kelly > Do something on offense that is not so easy to defend and when Bill Walsh was stuck in trying to get his offense going that would always lead to first…
Getting the Quarterback Moving Around!
2. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Willie Taggart is now sitting on the following records at FSU in his second season >
Overall: 6 – 9 ACC: 3 – 6
And after the loss to Virginia the 1 – 2 Seminoles have left in 2019 >
Louisville NC State At Clemson At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
We see no way that FSU wins more than 6 games in 2019 and there’s no way Willie Taggart can survive going 6 – 6 or worse in his second season in Tallahassee!
3. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – No surprise that South Carolina lost to Alabama and with that loss Will Muschamp’s records at USC now stand at:
Overall: 23 – 19 SEC: 12 – 13
Muschamp’s Overall Record at USC = Average Muschamp’s SEC Record at USC = Disaster
Now at 1 – 2 on the season South Carolina has left in 2019 >
At Missouri Kentucky At Georgia Florida At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
Can Muschamp and South Carolina win 5 of their last 9 games?
We don’t see how and Muschamp goes 5 – 7 in his fourth season at South Carolina that has got to be incredibly disappointing and 5 – 7 in 2019 would leave Boom’s records at USC something like >
Overall: 27 – 24 SEC: 15 – 16
That’s just…So Damn Average!
4. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Justin Fuente has brought in former Minnesota Head Coach Jerry Kill to try and fix some serious issues in Blacksburg but the problems with Virginia Tech Start, Continue, and Will Never End because of the Lack of Leadership + Coaching that Fuente has NOT provided to his football program going on over 2 years now and we cannot help but wonder >
Just why in the Hell is Justin Fuente not Leading + Coaching his Freaking Football Team?
At its core…what is wrong with Virginia Tech is a Morale + Lack of Leadership Problem that is caused by Justin Fuente abdicating his role as the Head Football Coach at Virginia Tech and that is why the Hokies have posted a record over their last 17 games of >
8 – 9
Now at 2 – 1 on the season with wins over Old Dominion and Furman the Hokies have left in 2019 >
Duke At Miami Rhode Island North Carolina At Notre Dame Wake Forest At Georgia Tech Pitt At Virginia
If Virginia Tech plays against the above teams like it has played against Boston College, Old Dominion, and Furman they will be Very Lucky to win 6 games in 2019 and there’s not a chance in Hell that Fuente can survive a sub-.500 record in his fourth year at Virginia Tech…nor should he survive what be nothing short of a Total Disaster!
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Tennessee beat Chattanooga on Saturday which is like saying the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team beat a 110 lb. Pee Week Football Team so that win = Nothing Damn At All and now it’s back to Big Boy Football for the Vols with a game at Florida. Surprising to us Florida looks in Dan Mullen’s second year on the job Very Poorly Coached and that may be good enough to beat Tennessee on Saturday, but it does give the Vols a chance to win a game that really the Vols should have no chance of winning.
Florida is a 14-point favorite over Tennessee which speaks to how far the Vols have fallen under Jeremy Pruitt who is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 6 – 9 SEC: 2 – 6
…and with these games left to play in 2019 >
At Florida Georgia Mississippi State At Alabama South Carolina UAB At Kentucky At Missouri Vanderbilt
If Tennessee loses at Florida to drop to 1 – 3 on the season we cannot see how the Vols win 6 games in 2019 and can Pruitt survive posting two straight losing seasons in his first two seasons in Knoxville?
The standards are now so low at Tennessee he just might be able to survive it…unless someone steps-up and buys everyone out in the Tennessee Athletic Department and that might just happen especially if the Vols lose to Vandy again to end the season!
6. Lovie Smith, Illinois – There is No Damn Explanation for why Lovie Smith was ever hired as the head coach at Illinois nor that Smith had his contract extended this past offseason after being a Total Disaster in his first three seasons coaching the Illini so is anyone surprised that Lovie’s football team lost to Eastern Michigan at home on Saturday?
Of course not if your IQ is 2+!
Lovie Smith is now sitting on the following records at Illinois…
Overall: 11 – 28
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and the Illini have the following games left in 2019 >
Nebraska At Minnesota Michigan Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
We would be very surprised if the now 2 – 1 Illini won more than 2 more games in 2019 which would add up to 4 – 8 in Smith’s fourth year on the job and this being Illinois that should lead to >
Lovie Smith getting a Lifetime Contract at Illinois!
What a time to be alive!
7. Clay Helton, USC – To understand just where the USC Football Program is right now consider this >
In Clay Helton’s 52nd game at USC the Trojans lost to a BYU football team that had to go into overtime to beat a Tennessee team that lost to…wait for it…Georgia State on its home field!
Clay Helton’s record at USC over his last 16 games now stands at…
7 – 9
…and the 2 – 1 Trojans still have to play in 2019 >
Utah At Washington At Notre Dame Arizona At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
USC would be Damn Lucky to go 5 – 4 in their last 9 games and if Clay Helton goes 7 – 5 in his 5th season at the school the Trojans will be looking to a new head coach in early December.
8. Chris Ash, Rutgers – Rutgers had a bye in Week 3 but Chris Ash in his fourth season at Rutgers is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 8 – 30 Big Ten: 3 – 25
….and the 1 – 1 Scarlet Knights have left in 2019 >
Boston College At Michigan Maryland At Indiana Minnesota Liberty At Illinois Ohio State Michigan State At Penn State
We be stunned if Rutgers won more than 2 more games in 2019 and a 3 – 9 record in your fourth season on the job…even at Rutgers…would have to lead to a head coaching change…right?
9. Charlie Strong, South Florida – Charlie Strong and South Florida beat South Carolina State in Week 3 to get to 1 – 2 on the season but looking at the rest of the Bulls 2019 schedule one has to think there are a lot of Losses coming down the pike!
SMU At UConn BYU At Navy At East Carolina Temple Cincinnati Memphis At UCF
Our guess is that….South Florida wins 4 or 5 games this season and there’s no way Charlie Strong can survive posting a 4 – 8 or 5 – 7 record in his third season at USF…right?
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – In 40+ years of us watching college football here at Coaches Hot Seat we have NEVER seen a football team more Unprepared To Play a football game than Boston College last Friday night against Kansas with BC looking like their head coaches had spent the entire week hanging out at bars getting drunk letting the BC players coach themselves!
If Steve Addazio is not going to bother to actually get his football team ready to play football games against vastly inferior opponents then his ass should resign in embarrassment or maybe Addazio can actually show up his ass up to work this week to get his team ready to play at Rutgers…another vastly inferior team….so watch out because Addazio has a track record of not doing Any Damn Work…in our humble opinion….when his team is heavily favored in a game >
Boston College is a 7.5 favorite against Rutgers = Watch Out BC Fans because could be another Total Damn Collapse on the way this Saturday!
If Addazio loses to Rutgers his ass is going right on the #1 Hot Seat because he would need to have his ass fired right after the game on the field!
Amazing at it sounds to write it this is the 13th football season for Coaches Hot Seat which was cranked-up in January 2007 only a week or so after Nick Saban was hired to coach the Alabama Crimson Tide and believe it or not we had Saban on the Hot Seat going into the 2008 season after he only posted a 7-6 record in his first season in Tuscaloosa! Saban only won 5 of the next 10 National Titles at Alabama, but for a brief time, Nick’s ass was on the Hot Seat and that should be a lesson to all coaches and everyone out there >
Just because your ass is on the Hot Seat today doesn’t mean it will be there tomorrow….and vice-versa of course!
Well let’s get to it since we now have Week 1 of the 2019 College Football Season in the books and of course we must ask that the Late Great Johnny Cash come out and show these coaches just where in Hell they stand right now!
1. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Jeremy Pruitt was hired by Tennessee AD Phillip Fulmer to be the head coach of the Tennessee Vols football team on December 7, 2017 which means that Jeremy Pruitt has been the Head Football Coach at Tennessee for….wait for it….
Please…can anyone tell us just what in the Hell that Jeremy Pruitt has been doing over those 634 days because watching the Vols get physically whipped by Georgia State on Saturday it was self-evident that…
Jeremy Pruitt hasn’t been doing a Damn Thing!
Oh…little doubt that Pruitt has logged lots of hours in the coaches offices and practices fields in Knoxville but was there any real work being done over those 634 days to build….forget about a championship football team…but just a team that will show up and play football with 50%+ effort which the Tennessee players did not do on Saturday?
A recruiting expert buddy of ours tells us that Georgia State does not even have 10% of the talent on the Tennessee roster and yet…
Tennessee Got Its Ass Physically Whipped By Georgia State on Saturday and for that Jeremy Pruitt and the man that hired him Phillip Fulmer should be ashamed…deeply ashamed…that they have taken one Dime of compensation over the last 634 days because neither man has earned one Damn Dime of that money….and that is also self-evident to anyone with 2+ IQ!
This Is Very Damn Simple: Former Tennessee AD John Currie before he was couped out of his job by a group of Damn Morons in Knoxville, Tennessee had offered the Vols head coaching job to Mike Leach and Leach has accepted that job in our opinion and with Currie out of the way it was left to new AD Phil Fulmer to hire the next head coach and who did Fulmer hire?
And what is Jeremy Pruitt’s record now with 634 days on the job at Tennessee?
5 – 8
Oh…Pruitt has been paid over those 634 days almost…wait for it….
$7 Million-Plus Dollars!
For what exactly because in our opinion Jeremy Pruitt has been sitting around on his ass not doing a Damn thing because if Pruitt had earned one Damn Dime of that money his Tennessee football team would have showed up in his 13th game at the school in Neyland Stadium and whipped Georgia State…but in fact it was…
Georgia State that whipped the Vols asses or as Pat Dye once said…
“Took them out behind the barn and took away their manhood!”
Jeremy Pruitt is a Damn Joke and was given Massive Amounts of talent to work with at Hoover High School, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, and back at Alabama where Any Damn Stumblebum could field solid defensive teams if they just showed up for work and did their Damn jobs but for $7M+ Dollars Jeremy Pruitt has not done One Damn Thing in 634 days and by all rights Pruitt and Fulmer should have already been fired after the disgraceful performance on Saturday in Knoxville!
For way Damn too long now Worthless Trust Fund Boys who would be lucky to be shoveling shit in South Georgia have had control of the Tennessee football program and what have those Worthless Trust Fund Boys who would be NOTHING today if their Daddy hadn’t given their asses everything they own in this world done to Tennessee football in the last decade-plus?
They have Freaking Destroyed it and every day that Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt sit in the athletic offices at the University of Tennessee the longer the problems will continue…but come now….if Pruitt fails totally and even if he and Fulmer get their asses run off Rocky Top the Worthless As Hell Trust Fund Boys will still be there telling people what to do and unless the fans of Tennessee football kick their Worthless As Hell Asses to the curb…
Nothing Will Change and Tennessee Football will continue to be the Total Damn Joke of College Football!
634 days making $7M+ Dollars and Jeremy Pruitt hasn’t done One Damn Thing and in FACT the Tennessee Football program is worse off today than it every was in the last days of Fulmer, and under Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones so be proud Tennessee fans of what you saw on Saturday because there is more coming….a Helluva Lot More because the people driving this Vols Disaster Train are still there…and they will Totally Gut the entire Damn thing until you are looking up at Vandy….Oh…you already are looking up at Vandy!
If Tennessee loses to BYU on Saturday then Tennessee fans should not leave Neyland Stadium but demand that Jeremy Pruitt and Phil Fulmer be fired right after the game and if the Vols do start 0 – 2 in 2019 then both should resign but do you think Pruitt or Fulmer would ever admit they been wrong about anything on this Earth?
Now let’s see what the Candy Ass Less Than 50% Effort Vols can do against a Below Average to Damn Pitiful and also Barely Coached BYU team on Saturday in a matchup of the #1 and #4 Hot Seat Coaches in College Football!
Oh…Tennessee is only 3-point favorite at Neyland Stadium over BYU and the Cougars record the last 3 years now stands at…wait for it…
11 – 16!
2. Chip Kelly, UCLA – Like Jeremy Pruitt we are not quite sure what Chip Kelly has been doing at UCLA the last two seasons to earn the $7M+ Dollars he has made on the job in Westwood because the Bruins team that showed-up against Cincinnati last Thursday night looked…
Totally Damn Un-Coached….just like Tennessee did on Saturday!
We got to see a lot of Chip Kelly’s Oregon teams in Pac-12 Country both at Stanford and in Eugene and it’s almost like there is an imposter coaching the UCLA Bruins because this is not the Kelly that coached the Oregon Ducks and either Kelly will figure this thing out soon…meaning in 2019…or we have been told there will be not Year 3 to right a ship that cannot be righted with what Kelly is now doing!
With the loss to Cincinnati Chip Kelly is now 3 – 10 at UCLA and the Bruins have left to play in 2019 >
San Diego State Oklahoma At Washington State At Arizona Oregon State At Stanford Arizona State Colorado At Utah At USC California
We don’t see UCLA winning more than 4 games in 2019…does anyone with 2+ IQ based upon what the Bruins looked like against Cincinnati?
We are not quite sure what is going on in Westwood with Chip Kelly and the UCLA Football team but we are sure that the Bruins win 4 games or less in 2019 there will be a push to fire UCLA AD Dan Guerrero and Chip Kelly and this time go out and hire a coach that can actually field a team that looks like they have been coached-up the game of football!
That’s not too much to ask when your ass is making $4M a year!
3. Willie Taggart, Florida State – The FSU team that played Boise State on Saturday looked better than the FSU teams looked in most games in 2018, but how in the Hell is Boise State able to travel all the way across America and change the stadium venue and play in weather they have no ability to practice in and beat FSU on its homefield?
No idea how that can happen because we are talking about Florida State here where there is 4 to 5 times the talent that Boise State had on its roster on Saturday and yet…
Boise State looked like a well-coached football team
Florida State looked almost un-coached especially on the defensive side of the ball
Willie Taggart is lucky that he is coaching FSU in the ACC Conference where there is a chance to play a Helluva Lot of Mediocre football teams between now and December but when you look at what FSU has left how many games can they win in 2019?
La. Monroe At Virginia Louisville NC State At Clemson At Wake Forest Syracuse Miami At Boston College Alabama State At Florida
With one loss already on the board and two cupcakes left that is 3 wins…but how many more will FSU get?
If they can’t get at least 4 more win to finish at 7 – 5 then Willie Taggart will be fired shortly after the Florida game on November 30.
4. Kalani Sitake, BYU – Kalani Sitake is a nice guy….we mean a really nice guy…but the BYU team that lost to a very good Utah team to open the season looked a Helluva Lot like his BYU teams of the last three seasons which often played undisciplined, made lots of mistakes, committed penalties, turned the ball over, and did everything else that bad football teams do and why in the Hell exactly is that still happening in Sitake’s 4th year on the job in Provo?
No clue to the answer to that question but BYU has a great chance to bounceback in Week 2 against a Tennessee Football team that is now Totally Un-Coached and gives sub-50% effort on their home field so maybe just maybe Sitake can get things rolling in Knoxville…but if he can’t and somehow doesn’t get to at least 6 wins in 2019….my how the standards have fallen at BYU….then Sitake is only coaching the Cougars December.
5. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – We seem to have a recurring theme to kick-off the 2019 college football season with the coaches at Tennessee, UCLA, BYU, and now Arizona with Kevin Sumlin not having their teams ready to play in the first game with the Wildcats losing to a Hawaii team that Arizona should not be losing to in the second year of a coach in Tucson!
Like Jeremy Pruitt Ole Kevin Sumlin is 5 – 8 in two seasons at Arizona and things don’t get any easier with a pretty good FCS team in Northern Arizona coming to Tucson on Saturday and a loss in this spot…
You can kiss Kevin Sumlin’s ass goodbye by Christmas because no way he can recover from losing to Northern Arizona at home in his 14th game at Arizona!
After Northern Arizona the Wildcats have left…
Texas Tech UCLA At Colorado Washington At USC At Stanford Oregon State At Oregon Utah At Arizona State
Please…anyone out there can tell us how Arizona gets to 6 wins in 2019?
idn’t think so!
6. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Worse than Jeremy Pruitt, Chip Kelly, Willie Taggart, Kalani Sitake, and Kevin Sumlin is Will Muschamp who in his FOURTH season at South Carolina just got beat by a team in North Carolina that the Gamecocks should have dominated…and yet somehow they lost to!
With the loss to UNC Will Muschamp’s records at South Carolina now stand at…
Overall: 22 – 18
SEC: 12 – 12
…and here’s the real problem…what the Gamecocks have left on their schedule!
Charleston Southern Alabama At Mizzou Kentucky At Georgia Florida At Tennessee Vanderbilt Appalachian State At Texas A&M Clemson
If South Carolina cannot beat North Carolina there’s not a chance in Hell it wins more than 5 games in 2019 and even if Muschamp’s buyout after the season is $18.6M….and absurd contract given to Will by Damn Morons at South Carolina that haven’t worked a day in their lives in the Real World and wouldn’t last 5 second if their asses had to work off of a college campus…it will have to be bought out because if you post a record of…
5 – 7
…in your 4th year on the job then please…what in the Hell are you going to do in the 5th?
Get off your Damn Ass Will…that game against North Carolina was a Damn Disgrace Son!
7. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – We have been saying for a couple of years now that the culture at Virginia Tech has become a Total Shit Show under Justin Fuente which in our opinion has happened because Fuente has abdicated his responsibilities to be a Leader of Young Men and a Football Coach for some reason(s) and now with the loss to Boston College on Saturday the Hokies are now…
6 – 8
…under Fuente the last two years with these games still left to be played in 2019 >
Old Dominion Furman Duke At Miami Rhode Island North Carolina At Notre Dame Wake Forest At Georgia Tech Pitt At Virginia
We see that someone at Virginia Tech recognized the Hokies need all the Damn help they can get to 6 wins and loaded the schedule up with so many Cupcakes that Any Random Stumblebum could coach Va. Tech to 7 wins in 2019 so how many wins will Fuente get?
Our guess 5
What exactly has happened to Justin Fuente is an unknown to us here at Coaches Hot Seat but we have a guess or two and we may just reveal those guesses if the 2019 season implodes like the 2018 season did, and it will be based upon what friends of ours who live in the Blacksburg area have told us about what they think is going with the Va. Tech Football program which we would characterize right now as Troubling….Damn Troubling….in our humble opinion!
8. Clay Helton, USC – USC got a good win over a very good Fresno State team on Saturday night at the LA Coliseum and a Fresno team that might not lose another game in 2019, but there are 7 or 8 teams left on the Trojans schedule better than Fresno so this is really just getting started now…isn’t it?
Up next for USC is Stanford coming to Los Angeles this coming Saturday night for an ESPN telecast and over a dozen Coaches Hot Seat members will be at this game to see USC up-close and personal and to poke around best we can a couple of days before and we should have a strong opinion on the Trojans a week from today.
After Stanford the Trojans have left…
At BYU Utah At Washington At Notre Dame Arizona At Colorado Oregon At Arizona State At California UCLA
Our USC alum friends tell us that Helton needs 8 wins to keep his job and return to coach USC in 2020. Can USC win 7 of their remaining 11 games?
That looks like a heavy lift to us but if the Trojans lose to Stanford….No Damn Chance At All!
9. Chris Ash, Rutgers – With the Rutgers wins over UMass on Saturday head coach Chris Ash’s records now stand at…
Overall: 8 – 29
Big Ten: 3 – 24
….and surely Ash cannot post a sub-500 record in his 4th season and keep his job…right?
Well..this is Rutgers we are talking about here and with these games left to play…
At Iowa Boston College At Michigan Maryland At Indiana Minnesota Liberty At Illinois Ohio State Michigan State At Penn State
…we be STUNNED if Rutgers got 4 wins in 2019!
10. Lovie Smith, Illinois – With Illinois the win over Akron on Saturday head coach Lovie Smith’s records now stand at…
Overall: 10 – 27
Big Ten: 4 – 23
…and we haven’t a Damn clue what the folks at Illinois were thinking in extending Lovie’s contract in the offseason but Stupid Is What Stupid Does and looking at what Illinois has left in 2019….
At UConn Eastern Michigan Nebraska At Minnesota Michigan Wisconsin At Purdue Rutgers At Michigan State At Iowa Northwestern
…this is going to get Really Stupid and we will be SHOCKED if the Illini win 5 games in 2019!