Well the 2020 College Football Regular Season is over and we moved into bowl season…such as it is….and with that we actually have a chance for a few Head Coaches on the Hot Seat to make things worse if they take losing teams to bowl games and lose and then we have some Coaches on the Hot Seat who along with their teams are…
Hiding Like Damn Cowards behind Corona Virus!
Save us the “kids have been thru so much” because we got 50+ folks Coaches Hot Seat did multiple 6+ month deployments on the oceans of the world in the US Navy including Operation Desert Storm in 1991 and guess what…
Their Asses Weren’t Crying About Having To Do That and Were Proud to Do it For America!
These Worthless Crying College Head Coaches who will NEVER do One Damn Thing For America in their lives on Earth that are now hiding because the last few months been “tough” need lesson on what “Tough” really is in life!
Give these Damn Hot Seat Coaches Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – It was no surprise to us that the Michigan Football program totally imploded going down the stretch and has now gotten out of games against…
Ohio State Iowa Bowl Game
…because these are Damn Cowards in Michigan…that’s right…
Shameful Damn Cowards!
You are a Damn Disgrace Jim Harbaugh and your Team is a Freaking Disgrace because what happened at Michigan in 2020 is the…
The Michigan Football Team Quit On and Off the Field and how Jim Harbaugh is still the Michigan Head Coach is a mystery to us but then if we AD at Michigan we grabbed Jimmy by the scruff of the neck and tossed his ass to the curb already because this meltdown of Michigan Football On and Off the Field is nothing short of a…
Total Damn Disgrace!
The FACTS are that since Michigan lost to Ohio State to end the 2018 season Jim Harbaugh’s records are…
Overall: 11 – 9
Big Ten: 8 – 7
…and if Michigan hadn’t run like Damn Cowards Jim Harbaugh would about to have THREE more losses to add to the above Total Disaster Records!
What A Damn Disgrace!
2. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – A few years back Derek Dooley was the Head Coach at Tennessee and was fired after 3 seasons on the job when he posted a record of…
15 – 21
…and now with the cancellation of the Tennessee bowl game…
And who is really surprised that Vols Football has Totally Melted Down just like Michigan did going down the stretch…we certainly were not!
….Jeremy Pruitt has 3 seasons on the job in Knoxville and his record is…
16 – 19
Please now…what in the Hell is the difference between those 2 records?
We will tell you in our humble opinion….Phil Fulmer hired Jeremy Pruitt from the 3 Finalists of…
Kevin Steele Mel Tucker Jeremy Pruitt
…NONE of which we EVER interviewed for the Tennessee job because we are NOT Total Stupid Shits like Fulmer and Phil is NEVER going to admit he was wrong about anything and would…
Burn Down Tennessee Football Burn Down State of Tennessee Burn Down American Republic
….before he admit he was wrong about anything….in our humble opinion!
Be Proud Fans of Tennessee Football..
You got a Raving Dumbass Egomaniac in the AD slot with a Pompous Arrogant Ass Punk who believes his Precious Ass is God On Earth as in the Head Coach slot….in our humble opinion!
Be Proud…Be Mighty Damn Proud!
3. Clay Helton, USC – We thought maybe Clay Helton had actually done some Real Work this past offseason and the Trojans were no longer a Total Train Wreck like they been in recent years under Helton and we were thinking USC would roll a Very Average Oregon team at home in Pac-12 Championship Game which was coming off losses to Cal and Oregon State and yet….
USC in the Biggest Game of the Season playing against the ONLY team with a winning record it faced in 2020…
Did Not Show Up At All to Play for the Pac-12 Title!
How Clay Helton is still employed as the USC Head Coach this morning is beyond us because this is what the Trojans did in 2020….
Barely beat .500 Arizona State team Barely beat Winless Arizona team Struggled against Average Utah team Beat Losing Record Washington State team Beat Losing Record UCLA team
LOST to Only Damn Winning Record Team it played against in 2020…Oregon!
What a Damn Disaster but be Happy USC Fans….you will get more of this Horseshit in 2021!
4. Tom Herman, Texas – As long-time Texas alum buddy of ours has said many times about Tom Herman >
“If your ass gonna be a Pompous Arrogant Ass Jerk your ass better Damn win big and Tom has been nothing but Average at Texas.”
Tom Herman in 4 seasons at Texas has posted records of…
Overall: 31 – 18
Big 12: 22 – 13
…and that is Average As Hell and thus why Herman on the Hot Seat!
If we were the AD at Texas we would have fired Herman after the last game of the season and hired Coastal Carolina Head Coach Jamey Caldwell who be a Mighty Good Fit at Texas because he is a…
Winner Who Wins and Loses With Class and who can Interact with Fat Cat Boosters and Everyone Else!
5. Jeff Brohm, Purdue – In 4 seasons at Purdue while making north of $20 Million Dollars Jeff Brohm has posted records of…
Overall: 19 – 25
Big Ten: 14 – 19
….and that is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disaster!
On top of the above Purdue was able to Weasel out of 2 games against Indiana in 2020 which is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disgrace!
Shameful….Just So Shameful!
6. Scott Frost, Nebraska – There is probably no Non-Stanford Head Coach we want to see win more than Scott Frost because we love the kid but Frost in 3 seasons at Nebraska has posted records of..
Overall: 12 – 20
Big Ten: 9 – 17
Mike Riley in 3 seasons at Nebraska posted records of….
Overall: 19 – 19
Big Ten: 12 – 14
…and was Fired and Run Out of Lincoln on a Rail and yet Scott Frost survives with lot worse records?
That is NUTS but Frost’s record against FBS Teams with .500+ records now stands at…
5 – 17
…and that is nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disaster!
We have no idea how Scott Frost is still the Head Coach at Nebraska but then we not going to EVER tolerate….
So far Below Mediocrity you cannot even see it!
7. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – We never thought Mike Leach was a good fit for the Mississippi State job and thought Leach fit a lot better at Arkansas where you can get more of Leach-type players and so far the Leach Experiment in Starkville is sitting on a record of…
3 – 7
…which is a Total Disaster and looking ahead to 2021 Mississippi State’s Schedule looks like this with SEC dates not set yet >
Louisiana Tech NC State At Memphis Tennessee Tech At Arkansas At Auburn Alabama Kentucky LSU Ole Miss At Texas A&M At Vanderbilt
Geez…that looks like 3 or 4 or maybe 5 wins tops again in 2021 and if it’s not a .500+ record next season that’s going to be a Helluva problem for Mike Leach a year from today!
8. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Our Expectations for Virginia Tech is that the Hokies will be in the running and challenging Clemson for the ACC Title Every Single Season especially in the 5 th year of a Head Coach in Blacksburg but instead of the Hokies getting better under Justin Fuente they seem to be getting Worse of just Treading Water and if we the AD at Virginia Tech we fired Fuente this year…but then…
Our Expectations for Virginia Tech a Helluva Lot Higher than Va. Tech AD Whit Babcock’s are and that is a…
Total Damn Disgrace!
There just is No Way in Hell Justin Fuente will make Virginia Tech competitive with Clemson anytime soon and Sorry….
That’s just Not Acceptable to Anyone who with a 2+ IQ!
9. Dino Babers, Syracuse – We believe in Dino Babers ability to be a Winning Head Coach but as we have watched Syracuse play the last couple of seasons it’s almost as if his team is coming apart at the seams off the field and that’s something Dino needs to focus on and fix which brings to mind this quote by the Late Great Bill Walsh >
“The culture precedes positive results. It doesn’t get tacked on as an afterthought on your way to the victory stand. Champions behave like champions before they’re champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners.”
You better Fix the Culture at Syracuse Dino and Fix It Quick Son!
10. Dana Holgorsen, Houston – For a school in Houston that only just a few seasons ago was knocking on a Top 10 Ranking the last 2 years under Dana Holgorsen at Houston have been nothing short of a Complete and Total Disaster with Holgorsen now sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 12
AAC: 5 – 9
We talked to one our buddies down Houston way last week and he tells us…
“Holgorsen doesn’t win 8 games in 2021 his ass is done at Houston.”
The firing of Gus Malzahn at Auburn proves again that at some colleges Slightly Above Average Football is not going to be accepted and we have believed for awhile now that Gus Malzahn was eventually going to be fired at Auburn because Gus was never going to make Auburn Football into the football power that Nick Saban has created at Alabama. Now, there are very few programs that can reach the heights that Alabama has reached under Saban, but Gus proved that Saban can be beat, 3 out of 8 tries by Gus even, and that if Auburn has the “Right” coach in place that could be .500+ wins against Alabama.
Reading some of the reports out of Alabama on Monday that Auburn Defensive Coordinator Kevin Steele was close to being a front-runner for the Auburn job were highly hilarious since there surely cannot be someone alive on the Planet Earth that believes…
You fire Gus Malzahn’s ass to hire Kevin Steele….come on now!
Who knows because there was someone Stupid Damn Enough to hire Charlie Weis at Kansas but you see…even as a bad of a hire that Charlie Weis was at Kansas Charlie had actually done something in his coaching career when Kevin Steele won 9 games at Baylor in 4 seasons as the Head Coach between 1999 – 2002!
Easily if Kevin Steele is hired as the Auburn Head Coach it will move into the #1 slot ahead of the Charlie Weis hiring at Kansas for…
The Worst Head Coaching Hire in College Football History
Don’t underestimate the Total Damn Stupidity of Trust Fund Boys who asses fell ass-backward into a Helluva Lot of Money and thus don’t be surprised if Kevin Steele is hired at Auburn!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – It doesn’t take Sigmund Freud to understand what has happened to Jim Harbaugh at Michigan because it’s obvious that the 2018 season when the Wolverines started 9 – 1 with only an opening season loss to Notre Dame and heading into Ohio State game where the Buckeyes whipped Blue by the score of 62 – 39 is driving the current malaise in Ann Arbor.
In our opinion Jim Harbaugh poured all he had into Michigan between 2015 and 2018 and even with all that work saw his team get destroyed by the Buckeyes and since that loss to Ohio State in 2018 Jim Harbaugh’s records are…
Overall: 11 – 9
Big Ten: 8 – 7
The current situation at Michigan has nothing to do with Jim Harbaugh’s “commitment” to the school but rather Jim just no longer has the Fire needed to drive the Michigan Football program forward because in his mind he now sees no matter how hard he works he is not going to get past Ohio State and that equals what is going on at Michigan right now…
The Michigan Football Program is bogged down and getting WORSE not BETER every Damn day that passes and Jim Harbaugh just does not have it in him to stop Michigan from spiraling down forget about bringing it back and right now we would rank Michigan Football…
Ohio State Indiana Northwestern Iowa Wisconsin Penn State Michigan State Michigan Minnesota Rutgers Maryland Illinois Nebraska Purdue
….as the 8 th best Football Program in the Big Ten and that’s down a few spots since Jim Harbaugh took over Michigan in 2015 and who has been paid North of $30 Million Dollars and…
Michigan Football Has Gone Backwards!
We don’t have a Damn Clue what is ahead of Jim Harbaugh but as long as Jim is at Michigan in his current mental state we see nothing but a…
Total and Complete Disaster for Michigan Football in the coming years!
2. Scott Frost, Nebraska – It took Mike Riley 38 games at Nebraska before he lost his 19 th game but Scott Frost now has…
20 Losses on the Board
…only coaching in 31 games after a loss to a Minnesota team that was down 30 player at home in Lincoln last Saturday and we only see things getting worse with the Huskers set to play Rutgers this coming Friday afternoon.
If Frost loses to Rutgers on Friday he will have on the Damn Impossible in our minds…
Lose 21 games in 3 seasons as the Head Coach at Nebraska!
How can one possibly lose an average of 7 games a season for 3 seasons in Lincoln and keep your job when just a few years ago then Nebraska AD Tom Osborne said when firing Bill Callahan from the head coaching job at Nebraska that…
“A 7 – 5 record is not acceptable at Nebraska.”
Chalk it up to the Pure Damn Arrogance and Hubris of Nebraska AD Bill Moos who will in our opinion…
Burn Down Nebraska Football Burn Down Nebraska Athletics Burn Down Entire State of Nebraska
…before Bill EVER admits he was wrong about ANYTHING!
Reality is Scott Frost can continue on Totally Damn Failing as the Head Coach at Nebraska and he will NEVER be fired until you fire Bill Moos first and to that we can only say for anyone that would defend that Absolute Nonsense…
Your ass should be in a Mental Institution!
3. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – We NEVER give credit when Tennessee beats Vanderbilt in football to the Vols Head Coach since Tennessee should always have 10x talent than Vandy and this year’s Vandy team could be whipped by most Powder Puff Teams in America so….
No Credit for a Vols Win over Vandy in 2020 either!
In 3 seasons at Tennessee Jeremy Pruitt is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 16 – 18
SEC: 9 – 15
…and his record against FBS teams with .500+ records is still at…
7 – 14
….or .333% after beating Vandy which of course…hasn’t won a Damn Football Game in 2020!
In the Summer of 2018 about a dozen of us here at Coaches Hot Seat took 7 RVs from San Francisco to Boston via the Southern United States on a 10 week trip and we spent 5 days parked near Dollywood around Gatlinburg, Tennessee where we met up with about a dozen Tennessee Vols fans at dinner one night we met over the years and asked then what they expected out of Jeremy Pruitt and to a person they all said then….
“We expect Tennessee to by playing for SEC Title by the 2020 season.”
Well…the 2020 season has come and gone and Jeremy Pruitt is sitting on a 3 – 6 record with wins over….
South Carolina = Fired Its Head Coach Missouri = 1 st Year Head Coach in 2 nd Game Vanderbilt = Fired Its Head Coach
Anyone else got that Tennessee hasn’t beat ANYONE in 2020 which brings us back to right now so we in the past week reached out to the Tennessee Vols fans we met up with outside Dollywood over dinner one night what they think of Jeremy Pruitt now and where Tennessee Football is going in the future and one fellow summed up the general sentiment of that group best >
“We are no better today than we were 3 years ago when Pruitt got here and we may be worse.”
Just our humble opinion looking at Tennessee Football from Butch Jones last season to today we would say….
Vols Football today is right where it was when Butch Jones was fired….
Average As Hell!
If you love Average As Hell then you no doubt love to see Tennessee Football keep Jeremy Pruitt around for as long as possible….we certainly know a lot of SEC fans of other SEC schools who hoping Tennessee does just that because the last thing the SEC needs is a Tennessee Football program that is actually doing something!
4. Tom Herman, Texas – We have seen some Stupid Shit coaching searches over the years but Texas AD Chris Del Conte public wooing of Urban Meyer for Texas job with multiple people in Texas Athletic Department leaking things to folks in Texas media about the potential for Meyer to be the next Head Coach of Longhorns may be the Biggest Stupid Shit Coaching or Non-Coaching Search we seen in 50+ years on Earth!
If your ass thinks that Tom Herman needs to be replaced and you talk to someone like an Urban Meyer and it becomes widely known in the media….as it did…then your ass cannot then suddenly turn around when Meyer isn’t interested and keep Tom Herman in the job because you made it clear….
Tom Herman needs to be fired!
Now we happen to think that Tom Herman should be fired at Texas because he’s Average Coach who is also a Pompous Arrogant Ass Punk…in our humble opinion…and we can think of a dozen coaches-plus who would do a terrific job at Texas and be able to light a fire under the Texas fans, alums, and boosters which is evidently above Del Conte’s paygrade or ability but then we talking about a guy here who…
Pushed his Head Football Coach out on a limb and started sawing the limb off and then says….Forget This Ever Happened Yall!
Got Stupid Shit on a Massive Scale?
That’s what you got at the University of Texas right now with a Lame Duck Coach that the Stupid Shit AD will replace IF he can find the right coach to do it but until he does…
“Tom Herman is our coach!”
Where in the Hell do they find all these Stupid Shits to take these Athletic Director positions at US Colleges?
Is there some kind of Stupid Shit School turning out all these Damn Idiots or do folks just hang around for long periods of time in Collegiate Athletics where it’s almost impossible to get your ass fired and…
Stupid Shits Rise Up to the Top?
We are thinking the Latter but we will not rule out an Athletic Director Stupid Shit School being out there somewhere in America unleashing these Damn Morons on Colleges in our country!
5. Jeff Brohm, Purdue – Jeff Brohm has now made in 4 seasons at Purdue north of….
$18 Million Dollars
…and has posted records of…
Overall: 19 – 25
Big Ten: 14 – 19
…so about a Million Bucks A Win for the fans of the Boilermakers and after 4 years on the job we have Purdue at….
Ohio State Indiana Northwestern Iowa Wisconsin Penn State Michigan State Michigan Minnesota Rutgers Maryland Illinois Nebraska Purdue
….the very worst team in the Big Ten which has got to make the fans of Purdue Football mighty Damn proud!
The 2 – 4 Boilermakers have a game left at Indiana this coming Friday and if the game is played that no doubt will be another loss and that will be….
26 Losses in 4 Seasons = 6.5 Losses A Season
….but look on the bright side Purdue fans…at least it’s not the…
7 Losses A Season that Scott Frost is gonna be sitting on if the Huskers lose to Rutgers on Friday!
6. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – In 2 seasons at Mississippi State Joe Moorhead posted records of…
2018: 8 – 5 2019: 6 – 7
…and got run out of Starkville and Mike Leach is now sitting on a record of…
2 – 7
…in his first year on the job with a game left against Missouri on Saturday and one has to wonder….
Is Mike Leach gonna get the Joe Moorhead treatment in Starkville and get his ass run out of town or is Mike OK because his ass got off the plane when he got the MSU job ringing a cowbell?
Most interesting is that “Offensive Genius” Mike Leach was hired at Mississippi State because his team were going to score a Helluva Lot of Points and yet in 2020 the Bulldogs are now ranked…
Let’s take a look at where we would rank Mississippi State in the SEC after one year under Mike Leach >
Alabama Florida Georgia Texas A&M Auburn Ole Miss LSU Kentucky Missouri Arkansas Tennessee South Carolina Mississippi Sate Vanderbilt
Only ahead of Vanderbilt!
7. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – We know what Virginia Tech Football Could and Should Be and the last 3 seasons Justin Fuente has posted record as the Head Coach of the Hokies of…
Overall: 19 – 18
ACC: 14 – 12
…and that ain’t what Virginia Tech Football Should Be!
Word out of Blacksburg yesterday is that Virginia Tech is going to keep Justin Fuente around for another season and that’s not something we would do if we AD at Tech but it sure is something that college football fans of opposing schools across the ACC are…
Loving Every Damn Minute Of!
8. Dino Babers, Syracuse – It’s hard to know what has gone wrong at Syracuse for Dino Babers since that 10 – 3 season in 2018 but the last 2 years it looks like the Orange are coming apart at the seams on and off the field as Dino has posted records in 2019 + 2020 of…
Overall: 6 – 17
ACC: 3 – 15
We believe in Dino Babers ability to Coach Football and the problem at Syracuse is the mindset of the Individual Player and the Orange Football Team overall and that is something that Dino Babers better get fixed and in a Helluva Hurry before 2021 Spring Practice begins which is only a few months away!
9. Les Miles, Kansas – In 2 seasons at Kansas Les Miles has posted records of…
Overall: 3 – 17
Big 12: 1 – 15
…and in 2021 Kansas is slated to play….
South Dakota At Coastal Carolina At Duke At Iowa State Baylor Kansas State Oklahoma Texas Tech West Virginia At Oklahoma State At TCU At Texas
That looks like at best 2 wins for Kansas in Les Miles 3 rd season on the job and again….
Why was Les Miles hired at Kansas?
10. Dana Holgorsen, Houston – When Dana Holgorsen was hired the President of the University of Houston said that…
“If you don’t win 10 games a season you get fired.”
….and in 2 seasons at Houston Dana Holgorsen has posted records of…
Overall: 7 – 12
AAC: 5 – 9
Even worse Dana Holgorsen’s record against FBS Teams with .500+ records he is…
1 – 12
Translation = 6 of 7 of Dana Holgorsen’s wins are against Sub-.500% teams which is nothing short of a…
There is no way back in the Summer that we could have predicted that so much of America would be unable to follow Simple Rules to stop the spread of a Virus which are Simple Rules we have followed for years during Flu Season which basically is…
Wash Hands Lots Limit Time Inside Public Buildings
…which has only added…
Wear Masks Inside Public Buildings
…in 2020 to stop the spread of Corona Virus and yet here we are heading towards Christmas.
America has 100,000+ more deaths from Corona Virus than any other country on Earth and deservedly so because when your ass cannot follow even Very Simple Rules then you gonna have a Helluva Mess on your hands and that is where America is right now.
Come on folks!
Let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to give these Hot Seat Coaches Hell!
1. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – We haven’t a Damn Clue what is going on with Michigan Football, but that performance by Michigan on Saturday against a winless Penn State team was easily….
The Worst Performance by a Michigan Football Team in our 50+ Years on Earth!
We also haven’t a Damn Clue what Jim Harbaugh is trying to do with the Michigan Offense but what the Wolverines are now running on Offense is…
Total Crapola….no make that Total Damn Stupid Shit Total Crapola!
It has gotten so bad at Michigan that Jim Harbaugh now…
Poses a Clear and Present Danger to the Safety and Well-Being to Michigan Football Players
….in our opinion because Jim Harbaugh is no longer coaching football at Michigan and you could just roll the footballs onto the practice fields at Michigan and the Wolverines players would not only field a better team they would actually be…
Safer on Gameday because they would actually be Practicing Football!
Michigan is now 2 – 4 in 2020 and they have beaten…
Awful Minnesota Pitiful Penn State
…and needed 3 Overtimes to beat a Rutgers team that was one the worst college football teams in America the last 5 years coming into the 2020 season!
If we were the Athletic Director at Michigan we would have already fired Jim Harbaugh because he does in our opinion…
Poses a Clear and Present Danger to the Safety and Well-Being to Michigan Football Players
….because this is Not Football being played at Michigan, Hell it’s not even Patty-Cake…YES Michigan Football is now playing…
…and Every Damn Powder Puff Team we have seen play football in our 50+ years on Earth could…
Whip the Living Hell out of this Michigan Football Team!
Memo to Michigan AD Ward Manuel: If you care about the Safety and Well-Being of the Michigan Football Players fire Jim Harbaugh today!
2 – 4 Michigan has left….
Maryland At Ohio State
…and it’s certainly possible Michigan will find a way to weasel out of an Total Ass Whipping in Columbus but can Blue even beat Maryland at home?
They couldn’t beat a Winless Penn State Team that just got whipped by Nebraska which is…
One of the worse Power 5 Conference Football Teams in America!
2. Tom Herman, Texas – It goes without saying when you get Tom Herman as your Head Football Coach you know going in you are hiring…
One of the Most Pompous Arrogant Ass Human Beings on the Earth who believes his Ass is God on Earth and Every Other Human Being is a Worthless Piece of Shit
…in our humble opinion but one would think Herman thinking his ass is God on Earth would at least…
Win A Helluva Lot of Football Games and Championships
…and yet Herman’s records at Texas where Bozo the Clown could win .675 of their games is now…
Overall: 30 – 18 (.625)
Big 12: 21 – 13
5 – 3 Texas has left in 2020…
At Kansas State At Kansas
…and Every Damn Powder Puff Team in America could whip the Hell out of Kansas so we will see what Texas does against Kansas State but we are talking about Texas here and in Year 4 you would think that…
God Almighty Himself = Tom Herman
…would as the Head Coach at TEXAS be able to beat Kansas State….Right?
Someone in Austin needs to fire God Almighty and after you fire his Worthless Damn Ass kick his Worthless Damn Ass off the University of Texas campus and then hold a press conference saying…
Only a Total Stupid Shit would hire Tom Herman….unless you want a Worthless Ass Pompous Arrogant Punk as your Head Coach….in our humble opinion.
3. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Kevin Sumlin’s records at Arizona say it all…
Overall: 9 – 18
Pac-12: 6 – 15
….but consider Sumlin’s record against FBS Teams with .500+ records now stands at…
2 – 17
…and you have a full understanding at how bad things have gotten at Arizona which has now lost…wait for it… 10 Straight Football Games!
0 – 3 Arizona now has left in 2020…..
Colorado Arizona State
…which looks like 2 more less and that would be 12 Straight Losses for Arizona heading into the 2021 season with or without Kevin Sumlin and the next time an Athletic Director thinks about hiring a coach that just….
Got His Ass Fired at a place like Texas A&M where Captain Kangaroo can win 8 games a season and got a Massive $$$ Buyout….Don’t Do It….
Just Don’t Damn Do It you Damn Moron AD and there are Lots of Damn Moron ADs in America today!
4. Scott Frost, Nebraska – One would think by Scott Frost’s 29 th game as the Head Coach at Nebraska that the Huskers be able to beat Iowa but an even better question that we be asking of Frost after his football team lost 26 – 20 to Iowa on the road is…
“How in the Hell Son can you play Iowa to a tough game until the end on the road and the week before you get your ass whipped by a very mediocre Illinois team at home? Please explain that to me Son!”
With that loss Scott Frost, who is making $5M Dollars A Year and should be for that kind of money be able to field a football team that actually shows up in home games in Lincoln, records now stand at…
Overall: 10 – 19
Big Ten: 7 – 16
For almost $15M Dollars in the bank now for Scott Frost and he has put up those records?
Try Scott Frost has not EARNED $10 Damn Dollars because Nebraska could have hired…
Any Damn Moron off the streets of Omaha 3 years ago and paid him $10 Damn Dollars and His or Her Ass could have posted records of…
Overall: 10 – 19
Big Ten: 7 – 16
The 1 – 4 Huskers now have left in 2020…
At Purdue Minnesota
….and based upon the way Nebraska has played in 2020 that looks like 1 more loss at least at Purdue which just lost back-to-back games against Very Mediocre Minnesota and Purdue and then a battle of the…
2 Biggest Cream Puff Teams in America on December 12 in Lincoln = Minnesota vs. Purdue
5. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Somehow the Vols were able to wiggle out of playing Vanderbilt riding a 5 game losing streak which would with a loss to Vandy led to both Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt being fired within 24 hours and now 2 – 5 Tennessee has coming up…
Florida Texas A&M
….the #5 and #6 teams in the country who are both motivated to keep winning to keep alive the potential for playing in the College Football Playoff which looks like 2 more losses and a….
2 – 7
…record of Jeremy Pruitt in his THIRD year on the job and if you are thinking that Tennessee could have hired…
Paul Finebaum to coach Tennessee
…and he done better than Jeremy Pruitt coaching the Vols the last 3 seasons…
You would be right!
If Tennessee did finish in Pruitt’s THIRD year on the job at…
Overall: 2 – 7
SEC: 2 – 7
….that would be quite the come-down from the last Vols Head Coach Butch Jones who in his THIRD year at Tennessee posted records of…
Overall: 9 – 4
SEC: 5 – 3
Yes…Congrats Tennessee Fans on that Great Hire the Great and God Almighty Himself Phil Fulmer made there in Jeremy Pruitt who is worse than the Head Coach the Vols ran out of town but don’t expect Fulmer or Pruitt to ever admit they have been wrong on Tennessee Football or Anything Else because you see when you are a…
Pompous Arrogant Ass like both Fulmer and Pruitt
….are in our humble opinion fully expect them to Takedown Tennessee Football and burn down everything in sight before they leave town with Millions and Millions of Dollars of YOUR $$$…in our humble opinion.
6. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Justin Fuente, even in the 10 – 4 season in his first year on the job at Virginia Tech, has lost 4+ games every season he has coached the Hokies and with already 5 losses on the board in 2020 with a record of 4 – 5 and games left against…
….that at best will be 5 – 6 in Justin Fuente’s FIFTH year on the job in Blacksburg and if that is acceptable to the folks that support Virginia Football then Bless you folks!
It’s hard to know anymore what the Expectations are a place like Virginia Tech, which we would guess would be Playing for the ACC Title Every Damn Year but maybe we are wrong, so we don’t have a good handle on whether Justin Fuente can survive going 5 – 6 in his FIFTH year on the job at Va. Tech but maybe he can….maybe he can!
7. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Syracuse played NC State on the road tough before losing 36 – 29 and it was nice to see some fight in the Orange, but with that loss Syracuse falls to…
1 – 9
…in 2020 and they still have to play a game against…
The Irish will be very motivated to not only Win but make it a Big Win and that means the Orange are going to finish at…
1 – 10
….in Dino Babers FIFTH year on the job at Syracuse and because of Corona Virus maybe Dino can hang onto his job but for sure Dino will be on a Roaring Hot Seat entering the 2021 season if he is back to coach the OAt Notre Damnrange next year!
8. Les Miles, Kansas – Why was Les Miles hired as the Head Coach at Kansas when the…
Last Damn Thing on Earth that Kansas needed was another Fired Re-Tread Coach 2 Seasons Ago?
No idea but Les Miles records the last 2 seasons at Kansas now stand at…
Overall: 3 – 16
Big 12: 1 – 14
….and again we ask no one in particular but mainly folks with Sub 2 IQs because they be the only ones EVER consider hiring Les Miles at Kansas 2 seasons ago >
Why was Les Miles hired at Kansas?
Kansas now at 0 – 7 has left in 2020….
At Texas Tech Texas
…which sure looks like 2 losses to us and…
0 – 9
…in Les Miles 2 nd year on the job and again…
Why was Les Miles hired at Kansas?
9. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – If Mississippi State is going to fire a coach in Joe Moorhead who posted records of…
8 – 5 6 – 7
….in 2 seasons at the school then the coach you hired to replace Moorhead whether it’s Mike Leach or Anyone Else if they have posted a record of…
2 – 6
…you will find your ass squarely on the Hot Seat and the 2 – 6 Bulldogs have left to play in 2020…
…in a game that Gus Malzahn cannot lose because if Malzhan does lose to this Totally Pitiful Mississippi State Team on December 12 there’s a very good chance that Malzahn will be fired so we don’t see Auburn losing this game…but they could….it’s Freaking Gus Malzahn!
If Mississippi State does lose to Auburn to fall to 2 – 7 in 2020 then Mike Leach will enter the 2021 season on of the Hottest Hot Seats in America and Oh how the Bulldogs football program has fallen since Dan Mullen took off for Florida but it fell Helluva Lot Further when the Pirate showed-up and do we think Mike Leach gives 2 Damn Rips about anything but his Own Precious Ass?
No…Mike Leach is in our opinion one of the Most Selfish Human Beings on the Earth and like his “Hero” Mike loves talking about how “Tough” he is and “War” and all kinds of other Damn Nonsense but has Mike Leach or his “Hero” spent one nanosecond serving in the US Military?
Of course not….just 2 Candy Asses love talking “Tough” but asses go running like Damn Cowards when things get “Tough” like all the other Damn Cowards that block people on Twitter that dare disagree with their Precious Asses!
10. Jeff Brohm, Purdue – The last 2 seasons Jeff Brohm has been paid…
2019: $5.35M 2020: $5.55M
….for a Total of $10.9M and in the last 2 seasons Brohm has posted records of…
Overall: 6 – 11
Big Ten: 5 – 9
…..and one would think if you going to be paid almost $11M Dollars you would get your football team to show-up and play football and yet the Boilermakers look like one of the…
Worst Coached Teams in Power 5 Conference Football
…and are now on a 3 Game Losing Streak with games left against…
Nebraska At Indiana
No way this Purdue team beats Indiana in 2020 but can they beat a…
Pitiful and Mediocre Nebraska Team at home on Saturday?
Who knows because both Nebraska and Purdue are…
2 of the Worst Coached Teams in Power 5 Conference Football
As we head into the 2020 Thanksgiving Weekend the American People have Lost the Plot in slowing down a Corona Virus that is easy to stop if you follow just a few simple rules and with a President, Congress, and US Gov’t that has almost Totally Checked-Out and to that we can only say…
Stay Safe Out There Folks Because There Is No Leader in America that cares whether your ass is Dead or Alive!
1. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vandy is not an easy job to win games at but one would think that over 7 seasons a coach would win more than…
10 SEC Conference Games
…and with Derek Mason’s records at Vandy now at…
Overall: 27 – 54
SEC: 10 – 45
…and games left against…
At Mizzou At Georgia Tennessee
…time is running short in 2020 to get 1 SEC win this season although Vandy has shown fight this season and give Mason credit for that!
We have no idea what the Expectations are at Vanderbilt, but we been to a half-dozen or so Vandy football games in Nashville and we talked to plenty of folks around Music City and our opinion is that generally the Administration at Vanderbilt University really…
Just doesn’t care whether Vandy football wins or not!
That’s Pitiful….Just Pitiful!
2. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – How exactly does a Michigan team coached by Jim Harbaugh in Jimmy’s 70 th game at the school in his 6 th season on the job in Ann Arbor need 3 overtimes to beat a Rutgers team with a first-year Head Coach that took over a Damn Disaster we haven’t a Damn Clue and yet…
In Jim Harbaugh’s 70 th game at Michigan..at MICHIGAN…he needed 3 overtimes to beat Rutgers….FREAKING RUTGERS!
Since Ohio State beat Michigan 62 – 39 to end the 2018 reason season Michigan’s records under Jim Harbaugh now stand at…
Overall: 11 – 7
Big 10: 8 – 6
….and it looks to us that Jim Harbaugh has just accepted that Michigan will forever play 2 nd fiddle behind the Buckeyes so what exactly is the point in chasing Excellence when you can make $8M+ a season being just merely Average As Hell?
Hell…if Michigan is willing to pay someone $8M+ a year for Average As Hell the all the Worthless As Hell Average Human Beings in America…
Apply for Jobs at the University of Michigan = Where Average As Hell is Richly Rewarded!
Well…when your record the last 2 seasons at Michigan is 11 – 7 Overall and 8 – 6 in the Big 10 make that….
With games left against…
Penn State Maryland At Ohio State
….we will be fascinated to what Blue does in this spot because if they lose to this Pitiful Penn State team and a Maryland team that shouldn’t be able to stay on the field with Michigan then we will know that Jim Harbaugh has…
Totally and Completely Given Up in Ann Arbor
3. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – We have a rule at our Ad Agency that we never hire someone from another Agency that has just left that Agency under questionable circumstances = They Totally Failed…and with a big buyout (which is easy to find out in the world of Ad Agencies) and we still don’t have a clue why Arizona hire Kevin Sumlin right after he got fired at Texas A&M with a Massive Buyout because what in Hell exactly is Sumlin’s motivation to turn Arizona into a big winner?
Personal Pride maybe? Sorry, if we were in an Athletic Director position we are not in a zillion years hiring Kevin Sumlin at Arizona or Any Other School in the wake of him getting fired at Texas A&M because the #1 thing we would be looking at for in a Head Coach is…
Hunger! A Deep Hunger to build and maintain a Winning Football Program that focuses like a laser beam on…
Graduating Players Building Winners = Winning Human Beings Winning Games Playing for Championships
Now in his 3 rd season at Arizona Kevin Sumlin has records of…
Overall: 9 – 17
Pac-12: 6 – 14
…and the Wildcats have left…
At UCLA Colorado Arizona State
If all the above games do get played we expect Arizona to finish at 0 – 5 in 2020 and if the folks in Tucson willing to accept that Pitiful Mediocrity then….
Shame On Them and Please….Who in the Hell Raised Your Sorry Asses because for Damn Sure it wasn’t Real Americans!
Winners Do Not Tolerate Pitiful Mediocrity!
4. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Talking about Pitiful Mediocrity take a gander at Jeremy Pruitt’s records in his 3 rd year at Tennessee >
Overall: 15 – 17
SEC: 9 – 14
Reality is Phil Fulmer could have hired…
Any Damn Random Person Off the Streets of Knoxville
….and He or She could have posted records of…
Overall: 15 – 17
SEC: 9 – 14
….coaching the Vols the last 3 seasons and here’s the benefit of hiring most Anyone off the streets of Knoxville, Tennessee instead of Jeremy Pruitt >
That person would not believe that their ass is God on Earth and be a Worthless Pompous Arrogant Ass Punk like Jeremy Pruitt!
In lots of ways Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt are perfect for each other because both are…
Pompous Arrogant Ass Punks that believe their asses spun-up the Earth and that everyone else on the planet is Pitiful Peons and should get down on their knees and kiss their Precious Asses and where your ass gets raised to come to believe such Un-American Nonsense is beyond our understanding…just way beyond it!
There’s not a Chance in Hell we allow our kids to play for Jeremy Pruitt today or Phil Fulmer in the past because we want our kids to be Decent Human Beings….Not Pompous Arrogant Ass Punks that when they Win want all the credit…and when their Worthless Asses Lose…blame everyone but themselves!
Don’t send your kids to Tennessee folks….if you love them that is…in our humble opinion!
With the Vanderbilt game now cancelled because of Corona Virus the now 2 – 5 Vols have left games against…
Florida Texas A&M At Vanderbilt
…and the way Vandy is playing these days that could be 3 losses to end the 2020 season and if that happens the folks in Knoxville with $$$ would be smart to fire…
Fulmer and Pruitt
..and hire a couple of people in the AD and Head Coach positions that actually know what the Hell they are doing and are not…
Worthless Pompous Arrogant Ass Punks!
5. Scott Frost, Nebraska – Amazingly Scott Frost said he did not see the Huskers Pitiful Performance against Illinois become because why exactly…
Nebraska beat a Pitiful Penn State Team that the Coaches Hot Seat Flag Football Team could Whip the Hell Out of and Make Them Like It?
Is Scott Frost even alive and breathing on this planet?
His Nebraska football team has NOT Hit Damn Anybody in the last 3 seasons and if there is a Softer Football Team in America than the Huskers in 2020 or any other year then we have not seen them playing and that includes the several dozen Powder Puff Women Teams we have seen play games over the years!
If the Nebraska at Iowa game is played on Friday we are going to tell you what is going to happen >
The Once Mighty Nebraska Cornhuskers are Going To Get Their Asses Physically Whipped because Iowa hits harder than Every Damn Powder Puff Team in America and Every Damn Powder Puff Team in America is Tougher than Scott Frost’s Nebraska Football Team!
The 1 – 3 Huskers have left in 2020…
At Iowa At Purdue Minnesota
….which looks like at least 2 and maybe 3 losses but let’s say Nebraska finishes at 2 – 5 in 2020 that would leave Frost’s Big Ten record in 3 seasons at…
8 – 17
That is acceptable to anyone in the Great State of Nebraska?
If it is Shut Down Nebraska Football because there is No Longer Any Damn Reason For It To Exist!
6. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – A Virginia Tech alum buddy of ours when asked about what he thinks about Hokies Football responded….
“What is there to think? It’s been average as Hell for years and it ain’t getting any better anytime soon because no one in Blacksburg cares that Va. Tech football is average as Hell.”
Well said and in his 5 th season at Virginia Tech Head Coach Justin Fuente is sitting on records of…
Overall: 37 – 25
ACC: 24 – 16
…and after 3 straight losses to Liberty, Miami, and Pitt it looks like the 4 – 5 Hokies are on the verge of Totally Quitting with…
….left to play in 2020.
Will someone in Blacksburg, Virginia get tired of Va. Tech football being “average as Hell?”
Not likely because reality is just like in other places across America the folks in Blacksburg willing to accept Pitiful Mediocrity and that is Shameful….it’s is So Damn Shameful!
7. Steve Campbell, South Alabama – With the home loss to South Alabama on Saturday Head Coach Steve Campbell’s records at USA fell to…
Overall: 8 – 26
Sun Belt: 5 – 17
…and the last South Alabama Head Coach Joey Jones was fired after posting the below records…
Overall: 52 – 50
Sun Belt: 18 – 29
….so surely Campbell’s records are not acceptable to the folks at USA…Right?
The 3 – 6 Jaguars have left in 2020….
At Arkansas State Troy
…which are 2 very tough games so a 3 -8 is real possibility in Steve Campbell’s 3 rd year at South Alabama which wouldn’t be acceptable to the folks at USA….Right?
It wouldn’t be acceptable to us!
8. Dino Babers, Syracuse – A College Football Team is a very fragile thing in this Age of Social Media and Woke Folks Everywhere You Look and a Head Coach can easily loose his current team and an entire program by just a couple of what seem like innocent mistakes, and in our opinion Dino Babers got on the wrong side of a couple of things after the Orange’s 10 – 3 season in 2018 which has snowballed itself into a 1 – 8 record in 2020 with games still left against…
NC State At Notre Dame
We have seen and read about Head Coaches losing their teams and in every single instance when the Head Coach was able to turn things around he did something very drastic to change the conversation, such as Paul “Bear” Bryant switching to the wishbone offense after records of…
6 – 5 6 – 5 – 1
….in the 1969 + 1970 seasons which led to a 1970s decade dominated by Alabama with 8 SEC Conference Titles and 3 National Championships.
If we were advising Dino Babers, and assuming Dino is able to hold onto his job at Syracuse to coach again in 2021, we would tell him he’s got to do something to change direction and inner-conversations within the football team and if he doesn’t what has happened the last two years will continue on into the 2021 season.
We have personally seen the above happen, a 180 degree change to turn things around successfully, with a football team, a company, and on an US Navy ship and each time the Current or New Leader/Coach focused on moving the Team or Company or Ship in a new direction that everyone could get behind which became such a focus that it leaves little time for questioning what has happened in the past or is happening in the now until things got better. Also, this is not something you can do by saying, “We are going in a new direction,” but rather this something that is done on such a large scale, like Bryant’s changing to a wishbone offense, that it becomes almost all-encompassing to everyone involved.
9. Les Miles, Kansas – The 0 – 7 Kansas Jayhawks host the 3 – 4 TCU Horned Frogs which is a game that we give KU little chance to win just like we give KU little chance to win their last 2 games against…
At Texas Tech Texas
…and if KU does end the 2020 season at 0 – 10 then that would leave Les Miles records at….
Overall: 3 – 18
Big 12: 1 – 16
…and if that is what the folks at Kansas were expecting when they hired Les Miles then….
Shame On Them for Expecting and Accepting Below Pitiful Mediocrity!
10. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – With the loss to Georgia on Saturday that drops Mike Leach’s record at Mississippi State to….
2 – 5
….and the folks in Starkville fired a coach in Joe Moorhead who in 2 seasons posted records of…
8 – 5 6 – 7
…so of course they see a 2 – 5 record with games still left against…
At Ole Miss Mizzou Auburn
The Georgia Defense is now so porous against Attacking Offenses we were not surprised that the Bulldogs were able to score 24 points on the Dawgs, but can MSU continue scoring in their last 3 games is the question and will have a big say on whether Mike Leach will end up squarely on the Hot Seat going into the 2021 season or if he can begin to turn this ship before it takes on too much H2O that it becomes un-turnable!
Before we get to the Post Week 7 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings the members of Coaches Hot Seat have been reading a GREAT book the last few weeks which will give anyone a great perspective on life and one’s relative lack of luck in their lives on this Earth. The book is…
…and not only does the above book provide an amazing history of the trials and tribulations of the Donner Party’s trip from the Midwest to California in 1846, it weaves into the story many important parts of American history that will change how you view our Great Country. As the great Civil War author and historian Shelby Foote has rightly said…
“One cannot understand America without understanding the US Civil War.”
…one cannot also really understand America without knowing about the massive movement of Americans to the West in the middle of the 19 th Century before and after gold was found in California in 1849.
The main lesson though we got from the book The Best Land Under Heaven is that no matter how bad things are in our lives they could be a Helluva lot worse which brings some great perspective to our daily lives and with that in mind let’s get to the latest ranking of multi-millionaire college head coaches on the Hot Seat who haven’t a care in the world beyond their asses now being lit-up!
1. Butch Jones, Tennessee – If Butch Jones hadn’t committed so many verbal and personal gaffes at Tennessee the last five seasons he might have a fighting chance to survive to coach the Vols in 2018 with plenty of winnable games left on the schedule but after back-to-back home losses to Georgia and South Carolina it’s all but over for one of the most disliked men in Tennessee football history.
There’s an art + science to a college head football coach winning over both his football team and fan base and Butch Jones has amazingly alienated both to varying degrees at Tennessee and thus Butch has all but given up an important thing for coaches….”the benefit of the doubt”…when things get tough and with Alabama on deck for the 3 – 3 Vols Jones has now worked himself into a position where he better Damn have Chubby Boy in Memphis looking for an exit door to another head coaching job IF Jones wants to coach next season.
Here’s what Tennessee has left in 2017:
At Alabama At Kentucky Southern Miss At Missouri LSU Vanderbilt
Our guess the Vols win 6 or 7 games at best in 2017 and there’s not a chance in Hell Butch Jones will survive that in Year 5 in Knoxville so the attention now turns to who will be the next head football coach at Tennessee which will be one of the most interesting hires in the upcoming weeks.
2. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – If there is one thing we really distrust at Coaches Hot Seat it is anything categorized as a “slam-dunk” and Bret Bielema was described as such when hired at Arkansas in 2013 and yet here we are FIVE years later and Bielema now has on the board:
Overall: 27 – 30
SEC: 10 – 25
Nope….Bret Bielema was NOT a “slam-dunk” hire at Arkansas and in reality Bielema has made a Helluva lot of bad decisions in Fayetteville primarily around assistant coaches he has hired + failed to keep which is richly ironic since one of the reasons some claimed Bielema took the Arkansas job was that he couldn’t get more money for his assistants at Wisconsin! Bret Bielema has had ALL the Damn Money and Resources he has needed or possibly wanted at Arkansas and yet his record in SEC play is…
10 – 25
….so please don’t tell us Bielema hasn’t had every Damn chance to win games in Fayetteville because the reality is he has had EVERYTHING and he has FAILED miserably!
What is really scary at Arkansas is that there are otherwise smart people like Arky AD Jeff Long who don’t have the ability to admit they were “wrong” or even to make it clear that expectations at Arkansas are a Helluva lot higher than what Bielema has been not achieving with the Hogs and what a great lesson this is for everyone who should learn from this situation that…
When Wrong…Admit You Are Wrong…Learn From Your Mistakes…and Move the Hell On To Fixing the Damn Problem!
Instead Arkansas AD Jeff Long is in deep denial about Bret Bielema but then why wouldn’t Long be in denial since after all he has hired as head football coaches at Arky that in the end turned out to be…
Bobby Petrino – Total Damn Disaster John L. Smith – Total Damn Disaster Bret Bielema – Total Damn Disaster
Some may argue that Bobby Petrino won a Helluva lot of games at Arkansas, but there is not a chance in Hell we would have hired Petrino then or today to wash our cars because we have standards somewhere way the Hell north of Jeff Long and the University of Arkansas and when you set your standards low no one should be surprised that your ass ends up looking like a fool when a motorcycle accident happens!
After the loss to Alabama the 2 – 4 Hogs now have left on the schedule…
Auburn At Ole Miss Coastal Carolina At LSU Mississippi State Missouri
…and does anyone with a working brain think Arkansas can win 4 of their last 6 games to get to even a .500 record in Bielema’s FIFTH year on the job?
Nope and that is why fans of Arkansas Football have one choice and one choice only…
Fire AD Jeff Long AND Head Coach Bret Bielema
…or let your football program be totally destroyed!
It’s YOUR choice fans of Arkansas Football!
3. David Beaty, Kansas – Things are getting Very Damn Stupid at the University of Kansas and we write that because KU AD Sheahon Zenger has hired two head football coaches….Charlie Weis and David Beaty….and their combined records the last SIX seasons stands at:
Overall: 9 – 49
Big 12: 2 – 38
Geez….can someone explain to us how Kansas AD Sheahon Zenger is still employed in Lawrence?
Oh…current Kansas head coach David Beaty’s records are now…
Overall: 3 – 27
Big 12: 1 – 20
..and the 1 – 5 Jayhawks still have to play in 2017….
At TCU Kansas State Baylor At Texas Oklahoma Oklahoma State
…which looks to us like a 1 – 11 record in Beaty’s THIRD season on the job.
Can ANY head football coach and the AD that hired him survive the above records?
Not in the Real World but is the University of Kansas part of the Real World?
Not really it seems!
4. Mike Riley, Nebraska – The Cold Hard Reality of Mike Riley’s tenure at Nebraska are his records which after the Total Debacle home loss to Ohio State now stand at…
Overall: 18 – 15
Big Ten: 11 – 10
….which would get ANY coach fired in Lincoln and now there really is nothing that can save Riley’s job barring the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupting and ending all life on Earth!
With the above reality in mind it will be interesting to see who new Nebraska AD Bill Moos hires to replace Mike Riley between now and early December and we would be stunned if Moos tried to bring Washington State head coach Mike Leach to Lincoln since our friends in the Great State of Nebraska that we checked with aren’t really into a…
Head Coach blaming his players when HIS team gets its ass whipped as Washington State got whipped by California on Friday night!
…but then who the Hell wants a coach that gives blame when HIS team loses and takes credit when THEY win? As Paul “Bear” Bryant rightly said and which no doubt the Great Tom Osborne would agree with…
“If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That’s all it takes to get people to win football games for you.”
….which Mike Leach has turned on its head by essentially saying to his players:
When things go right I get the credit and when thing go wrong YOU get the blame!
Who in the Hell would want his Son playing for a coach that believes that kind of Total and Non-American Excuse Making Bullshit and where exactly was Mike Leach raised because Real Americans don’t raise Total Asses that care little about anything but their own Precious Ass?
Pitiful Mike Leach…just So Damn Pitiful and if you lost a couple more games it will be a Damn Pleasure to roast your Sorry and Pitiful Ass Mike!
The obvious choice of the next head coach at Nebraska is of course UCF HC Scott Frost but Frost might have several attractive offers to choose from in the coming weeks and if Frost does decide to go elsewhere Moos will have a career defining job to do that will determine the future fate of Nebraska Football so no pressure at all Bill and Good Luck to you in the new job as well!
5. Barry Odom, Missouri – After the loss to Georgia on Saturday Mizzou head coach Barry’s Odom’s records now stand at…
Overall: 5 – 13
SEC: 2 – 10
….and the 1 – 5 Tigers still have to play in 2017:
Idaho At UConn Florida Tennessee At Vanderbilt At Arkansas
…and our guess is that Mizzou wins 3….maybe 4 games…this season and that would be 4 wins or less TWO straight seasons and nothing short of a…
Total and Complete Disaster for Mizzou Football!
6. Jim Mora, UCLA – For some reason between the 2015 and 2016 football seasons they quit teaching the UCLA Bruins football players how to tackle in Westwood and “Surprise – Surprise”…NOT…. in the last two seasons the Bruins under Jim Mora have posted records of…
Overall: 7 – 11
Pac-12: 3 – 8
….and now at 3 – 3 after the loss to Arizona what is still left on the schedule in 2017 is…
Oregon At Washington At Utah Arizona State At USC California
….which looks like SIX wins at best for Mora & Company and is that acceptable to the folks at UCLA in Mora’s SIXTH year on the job?
It might just be!
7. Todd Graham, Arizona State – Congratulations to Todd Graham and his Arizona State football team on beating the Mighty Washington Huskies which for some reason looked unprepared and borderline un-coached in Tempe on Saturday night….What’s Up With That Pete?….and with that win over the Huskies the 3 – 3 Sun Devils have to keep things rolling because head coach Graham needs 7+ wins to hang onto this job and here is what ASU still has in front of them this season:
At Utah USC Colorado At UCLA At Oregon State Arizona
One of the toughest things for a college head football coach is to get his team down from the HIGH of a beating a top-ranked team and Todd Graham has his work cut-out for him in getting the Sun Devils re-focused to play a very tough Utah team in Salt Lake City on Saturday because a loss to the Utes on Saturday and Graham will be moving right back up the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings again!
8. Gus Malzahn, Auburn – In a season where Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn needs no more than 4 losses AND a win over either Georgia or Alabama to save his job losing two games to Clemson and LSU with Georgia and Alabama still left on the schedule is definitely Not A Good Thing and the calculus for Malzahn is that he has NO margin for error between now and the first of December with the 5 – 2 Tigers still having to play games against…
At Arkansas At Texas A&M Georgia La. Monroe Alabama
If Gus Malzahn loses to Georgia and Alabama to finish at 8 – 4 he’s DONE at Auburn
If Gus Malzahn loses another game but beats either Georgia and Alabama to finish at 8 – 4 he HAS A CHANCE at Auburn
Yep…this is about Gus Malzahn winning at least one of the two games against Georgia and Alabama and we would recommend that Malzahn and his Tigers not lose either of the next two games before Georgia comes to The Plains on November 11 because that would put Gus into a borderline impossible spot so…
Coach Hard Gus because your job in on the line EVERY week Son!
9. Lovie Smith, Illinois – Can someone…anyone…explain to us why Lovie Smith is the head football coach at Illinois?
No one can explain to us why Lovie Smith is the head coach at Illinois?
Didn’t think so and now after nothing short of a Total Disaster of a loss to Rutgers at home which came into the game with 16 straight Big Ten Conference losses Lovie Smith’s records with the Illini now stand at…
Overall: 5 – 13
Big Ten: 2 – 10
…and they still have to play this season:
At Minnesota Wisconsin At Purdue Indiana At Ohio State Northwestern
Hell…will Illinois win another game in 2017?
Hell..even if they do win 1 or 2 of their last 6 games to finish at 3 – 9 or 4 – 8 how could Lovie Smith stay employed at Illinois?
The reality is that there are some coaches that are Pro Coaches and there are some coaches that are College Coaches and then there are a TINY amount of coaches that can coach both Pro and College players and if there is one thing that coaches that have successfully coached in both the Pro and College games…think Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll…it is they have…
…for the Great Game of Football and thus can motivate 18 – 22 year old kids and Lovie Smith seems to us to be…
Barely Awake Even During the Games
….so Please…how in the Hell can Lovie Smith ever win a Damn thing at Illinois?
Eventually Lovie Smith will be fired at Illinois because there’s not a chance in Hell he will ever make the Illini competitive in the Uber-competitive Big Ten Conference and when the firing of a coach is inevitable it’s ALWAYS best to get on with the firing which is something the AD at Illinois will either understand now or learn eventually in the next year or so!
10. Steve Addazio, Boston College – Steve Addazio’s BC team beat Louisville on Saturday which was nice win BUT beating this year’s Louisville team is not going to be that big of a deal come the end of the season because Louisville couldn’t stop the prison team from the original The Longest Yard movie and with that win Addazio’s Eagles improved to 3 – 4 in 2017 with these games still left to be played…
At Virginia Florida State NC State UConn At Syracuse
Unlike Louisville most of the above teams actually play DEFENSE and thus we fully expect BC to finish with a losing record in 2017 and for Steve Addazio to lose his job come late November – early December because with these records on the board…
Overall: 27 – 31
ACC: 12 – 24
…how could Addazio possibly keep his job with another losing season this year?
A couple of Coaches Hot Seat members were in Tuscaloosa from last Thursday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon for the Ole Miss – Alabama football game and to interview a few University of Alabama Culverhouse College of Commerce which they report is a mighty Damn fine school of business and late last night after doing some poking around the Alabama football program also the last few days they filed what they called…
The State of Alabama Football
…report which is Damn fascinating reading that is most certainly NOT for public consumption since many of the conclusions would probably land our asses in court if we published them in the Coaches Hot Seat Blog but we can say in this spot that…
There is something rotten in the state of Tuscaloosa!
What exactly is going on with Alabama football right now and where is the Crimson Tide football program headed into the future?
Well…and these are our opinions here at Coaches Hot Seat mind you….BUT…the bottom-line conclusion of our folks on the ground in Tuscaloosa on The State of Alabama Football is…
Nick Saban overreacted to the “Kick 6” loss to Auburn at the end of the 2013 season which eventually led to Saban firing Bama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and to the hiring of Lane Kiffin under what we will call…
“Dubious and Pressured Circumstances and in many ways forced on Nick Saban by “a couple of folks” in the name of “saving Lane Kiffin” precious ass when Kiffin’s coaching career was going into the toilet where it rightly belonged then and belongs today!”
…..and now instead of Nick Saban spending his time as the head coach at Alabama and primarily working on the defensive side of the ball Saban now spends upwards of 50% of his time overseeing Lane Kiffin’s precious ass and the Alabama offense.
In the opinion of the two Coaches Hot Seat members that spent several days in Tuscaloosa the once mighty Alabama offense which won three national titles for Nick Saban and was focused on controlling the ball, dominating the opposing team’s defense, and generally destroying the will of their opponents has now been “hollowed-out” by the implementation of Kiffin’s hurry-up spread offense that prizes showcasing Lane Kiffin’s precious ass and Little Damn Else!
In case anyone was wondering below is the definition of “hollowed-out” as an adjective, noun and verb according to dictionary.com:
Hollowed-Out adjective, hollower, hollowest. 1. having a space or cavity inside; not solid; empty: a hollow sphere. 2. having a depression or concavity: a hollow surface. 3. sunken, as the cheeks or eyes. 4. (of sound) not resonant; dull, muffled, or deep: a hollow voice. 5. without real or significant worth; meaningless: a hollow victory. 6. insincere or false: hollow compliments. 7. hungry; having an empty feeling: I feel absolutely hollow, so let’s eat. noun 8. an empty space within anything; a hole, depression, or cavity. 9. a valley: They took the sheep to graze in the hollow. 10. Foundry. a concavity connecting two surfaces otherwise intersecting at an obtuse angle. verb (used with object) 11. to make hollow (often followed by out): to hollow out a log. 12. to form by making something hollow (often followed by out): to hollow a place in the sand; boats hollowed out of logs.
Yep…that’s the Alabama offense under Lane Kiffin…
On a related note the two Coaches Hot Seat members got to see Nick Saban close-up and we mean close-up…within 10 feet…before the Ole Miss – Alabama game and they wrote in their report on The State of Alabama Football about the appearance of Nick Saban and the Alabama coaching staff:
“Nick Saban looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks if not months. The area below his eyes were very swollen suggesting severe fatigue and it looked as if Saban had aged 10 years since the last time we saw him close-up at the Oklahoma – Alabama Sugar Bowl game in January 2013.
There is a noticeable tension among the Alabama coaching staff with both the staff and players looking very nervous and not confident at all right before kick-off of the game against Ole Miss. The Alabama sideline and coaches were much more subdued in the game against Ole Miss compared to when we have seen Alabama in-person in the past, and it seems the coaches and players were taking cues from Nick Saban who seemed unhappy before the game, miserable during the game, and in a complete daze as the game ended. It almost seemed like the Alabama coaches and players came into the game expecting to lose to Ole Miss and that is exactly what happened in a real world case of what one feared most becoming reality.
We foresee changes to the Alabama coaching staff in the upcoming offseason with Lane Kiffin leaving soon after the season is over if not before and maybe Nick Saban leaving Alabama if the right head coaching job offer came along because it seems that Saban is miserable having to meet the never-ending expectations at Alabama where winning games and championships isn’t expected but rather a birthright given to Alabama by God himself. Nick Saban needs a new challenge for the last 7 to 10 years of his coaching career and trying to keep winning championships at Alabama where not winning a National Title every year is akin to insulating Bama fans across the globe doesn’t look like much fun which means we believe Nick Saban will either be working in television a year from now or coaching the Texas Longhorns.”
There is a Helluva lot more in the 14 page report including an entertaining section on just what in the Hell is wrong with the Alabama offense which his titled:
“How Lane Kiffin Destroyed A Championship Winning Offense in Two Years While Getting His Ass Kissed by the Media”
OK…enough on Alabama for now….because we will have a Helluva lot more to say about Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, Paul Finebaum, Jimmy Sexton, and “Y Person” if Alabama loses to Georgia and lands all four of the above Bastards on the Hot Seat with an analysis of the Complete and Total Idiocy that led to Nick Saban hiring Lane Kiffin at Alabama which may just turn-out to be one of the Stupidest Decisions in the history of sports in America as Kiffin brings down one of the Great College Football Dynasties in the history of the game and for what…to save the coaching career of Lane Freaking Kiffin!
Oh, please let Georgia beat Alabama….although in our opinion…
Georgia is NOT MAN ENOUGH to beat Alabama!
Post Week 3 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings – 21 – 30 Hot Seat Coaches – Give ‘Em the Hell Johnny!
Come on down Johnny Cash because we have a few Coaches on the Hot Seat that love to hear you sing Ring of Fire…NOT REALLY!
21. Todd Monken, Southern Miss – Todd Monken and his Southern Miss Golden Eagles got a nice win over Texas State on the road on Saturday by the score of 56 – 50 which runs the USM record to 2 – 1 in 2015 and gives Monken’s team the opportunity to win a decent amount of games this season AND get Todd Monken off the Hot Seat!
In his third season at Southern Miss Todd Monken now has win/loss records of…
Overall: 6 – 21
CUSA: 2 – 14
….and a game at Nebraska this coming Saturday. Can Southern Miss possibly beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln and in the process further turn up the heat on Mike Riley’s ass in the process?
Probably not…BUT…the goal for Todd Monken and Southern Miss is to get to 6 wins in 2015 and with 2 wins on the board all the Golden Eagles need now is 4 wins and out of their last 9 games and if Monken can’t accomplish that in his third season on the job then his ass deserves to be on the Hot Seat!
22. Al Golden, Miami – Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes did their Damndest to give away the game to Nebraska on Saturday but in the end the Canes got the win in overtime and now it is on to Cincinnati for the 3 – 0 “U” which is a game that a Miami head coach in his FIFTH year on the job at Miami just flat-out CANNOT LOSE!
With Florida State up next Miami MUST beat Cincinnati on the road on October 1 as they look for the “9 to 10 wins” that Al Golden MUST have to remain the Hurricanes coach in 2016 and with these games left to play it’s easy to see why Cincinnati is a MUST WIN Game!
At Cincinnati At Florida State Virginia Tech Clemson At Duke Virginia At North Carolina Georgia Tech At Pitt
Damn…that’s a pretty tough schedule for Al Golden…but Hell this is “The U” we are talking about here so if the Canes beat Cincinnati we are expecting a….
10 – 2
…final regular season record at the worst!
Coach ‘Em Up Al Golden!
23. Craig Bohl, Wyoming – No one here at Coaches Hot Seat has yet figured out why Craig Bohl left powerhouse FCS program North Dakota State for FBS weakling Wyoming because it was our opinion that Bohl was in line for a BIG FBS job after all his success at NDSU which we thought might be Nebraska once Bo Pelini was run out of Lincoln which was always going to happen eventually….right? RIGHT!
Maybe Craig Bohl who played and coached for Tom Osborne at Nebraska got the word from the folks in Lincoln that he was never going to jump from North Dakota State to his alma mater BUT if we had been the AD at Nebraska we would have fired Bo Pelini a few years ago just to hire Craig Bohl BUT then what the Hell do we know compared to that Real Man of Genius now running Nebraska Athletics Shawn Eichorst who will be run out of Lincoln on a rail with his coaching hire Mike Riley if Riley doesn’t exceed Pelini’s winning ways in Lincoln…right? RIGHT!
Whatever is going on in Lincoln Craig Bohl in his second season at Wyoming is sitting on records of…
Overall: 4 – 11
MWC: 2 – 6
….and has started the 2015 season off at 0 – 3 which has put Bohl into a Helluva spot that he will only get out of by doing one thing…
Winning Football Games!
Here is what Wyoming has left to play this season…
At New Mexico At Appalachian State At Air Force Nevada At Boise State At Utah State Colorado State At San Diego State UNLV
…and if you can find 6 wins for Wyoming out of their remaining 9 games then you are either an Idiot or doing some serious Damn drugs!
Will Craig Bohl’s once promising coaching career end in the wide-open plains of Wyoming after pulling one of the strangest coaching career moves in history that rivals Paul Dietzel’s decision in 1961 to leave LSU for the Army job which also ended up as a Complete Freaking Disaster?
24. Curtis Johnson, Tulane – Curtis Johnson and Tulane got their CUPCAKE win on Saturday over FCS Maine and now it’ss back to Not Really Big Boy Football after a bye week when Tulane hosts UCF which will probably be 0 – 4 once they get to New Orleans and in a Complete and Total Death Spiral under George O’Leary who it seems wants to be an AD more than he wants to be a Head Coach with his UCF football team reflecting that reality!
Very simply Curtis Johnson needs some wins in 2015 and when we write Curtis Johnson needs some wins in 2015 we mean Curtis Johnson needs…
6 Wins in the Regular Season
….to get Tulane back to a bowl game and somewhat back in the conversation as a legitimate football program and if Tulane doesn’t get 6 wins in 2015 then a pretty decent job for an up-and-coming young football coach who loves eating good food will probably open up in the Great City of New Orleans come December.
Get some wins Curtis Johnson starting with a win over Hapless UCF on October 3 but until then enjoy New Orleans!
25. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia – After starting 2 – 0 with wins over Georgia Southern and Liberty West Virginia had a bye week and now the football season actually begins with a MUST WIN Game against Maryland at home that Dana Holgorsen and the Mountaineers MUST WIN because they have a trip to Oklahoma on deck and being at 2 – 2 after four games would do nothing but turn the heat up on Holgorsen’s ass and make things very uncomfortable for Dana when Oklahoma State shows up in Morgantown on October 10.
BEAT Maryland and get off the Hot Seat for now Dana Holgorsen.
LOSE to Maryland and the Hot Seat just gets HOTTER Dana Holgorsen!
26. Paul Haynes, Kent State – Here’s the problem for Kent State head coach Paul Haynes:
Paul Haynes took over a Kent State football team that won 11 games in 2012 under Darrell Hazell and here are Kent State’s records the last two-plus seasons…
2013: 4 – 8 2014: 2 – 9 2015: 1 – 2
…and that is either a trend that Paul Haynes will reverse and quick in 2015 or Kent State will be looking for a new head football coach come December.
Now at 1 – 2 on the season after a nice game but yet another loss against Minnesota with the lone win coming over Delaware State…CUPCAKE….this season Kent State has left to play in 2015….
Marshall At Miami, Ohio At Toledo At UMass Bowling Green Buffalo At Ohio Central Michigan At Akron
…and we would recommend the Golden Flashes find 5 more wins out their last 9 games for their head football coach….just a friendly recommendation from the folks at Coaches Hot Seat!
27. Bob Davie, New Mexico – When Bob Davie was working as an analyst for ESPN he always said that he would run the type of offense he is now running at New Mexico which to us is a slight variation of the run option offense that both Davie and Lou Holtz ran at Notre Dame which to us is ugly as Hell but then we tend to favor the West Coast offense as created by the Late Great Bill Walsh which had a huge running component but hands down was and is the most beautiful football offense in the world when called, run and executed correctly.
Whatever type of offense Bob Davie is running at New Mexico the FACTS are Davie’s records in four seasons at the school now stand at…
“Either Bob Davie takes New Mexico to a bowl game this season or it’s over for Bob.”
That was pretty matter of fact and with the Lobos now at 1 – 2 on the season and these games remaining to be played….
At Wyoming New Mexico State At Nevada Hawaii At San Jose State Utah State At Boise State Colorado State Air Force
…if Davie can squeeze out 5 wins out of New Mexico’s last 9 games and get his team to a bowl game for the first time in his four years at UNM then he should get a few more seasons to get things right with the Lobos BUT Bob…that Damn offense son…it just looks like Hell!
28. Bobby Petrino, Louisville – The “What Ifs” on Bobby Petrino’s coaching career are a mile long BUT the one decision that stands out to us was Petrino’s decision to interview for the Auburn head coaching job after only being gone from Auburn for one season where he worked as the offensive coordinator for Tommy Tuberville the very coach that a few Auburn trustees and athletic director were working to run out of town only to be replaced by an assistant in Petrino that had just left the school. Since it was Tommy Tuberville that brought Bobby Petrino to Auburn from the NFL which was a move that in FACT led to Petrino getting the Louisville head coaching job if it had been any of us sitting in Petrino’s shoes and someone from Auburn called us about the Auburn head coaching job before Tommy Tuberville had even been fired the very first thing we would have done is call Tuberville….the man that helped Petrino out….and tell Tubbs that he was being undermined by a few Bastards at Auburn.
Instead Bobby Petrino took that call and met secretly with those Auburn Bastards which of course was leaked out to radio show host Paul Finebaum from the pilot or pilots of the plane that took those Auburn Bastards to Louisville for that secret meeting with Petrino and as they say the rest is history with that history being…
Tommy Tuberville keeping his job at Auburn
Bobby Petrino bolting for the Atlanta Falcons after telling everyone that would listen he would not be leaving Louisville
Bobby Petrino leaving the Atlanta Falcons for the Arkansas job before his first season was even completed
Bobby Petrino having his dalliance and motorcycle crash at Arkansas and then lying about it and getting his ass rightly fired in Fayetteville
Bobby Petrino getting the Western Kentucky job which he held for one season
Bobby Petrino getting re-hired at Louisville 8 years after he told anyone that would listen he would never be leaving Louisville
Hell, you truly could not make the above up but then the ONLY reason Bobby Petrino was re-hired at Louisville is because he wins football games…at least on the college level…but now the Cardinals are off to an 0 – 3 start after losses to Auburn, Houston and Clemson and they have these games still left to be played:
Samford At NC State At Florida State Boston College At Wake Forest Syracuse Virginia At Pitt At Kentucky
Can Bobby Petrino and Louisville find at least 6 wins out of their remaining 9 games and avoid a losing season in 2015 which Petrino has only posted one time before on the college level?
That is a hard question to answer but we can easily recall how much Bobby Petrino loved rubbing it in the faces of Kentucky football fans how much better the Louisville football program was than Kentucky during Petrino’s first Louisville stint and here’s to hoping Louisville is 5 – 6 when they play Kentucky in Lexington on November 28 and the Kentucky Wildcats…
BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF BOBBY PETRINO AND THE LOUISVILLE CARDINALS!
….and Petrino getting a taste of his own Bullshit not that Bobby Petrino would give two rips because something like this would happen —>
Petrino’s agent is on the phone and there is an AD somewhere in America willing to sell out his soul to win a few football games and he is interested in talking to Bobby Petrino!
Our guess….Bobby Petrino would sell-out Louisville again telling anyone that would listen he would never be leaving the school moments before he walked out the door!
No…we don’t HATE Bobby Petrino like we HATED or rather HATE Charlie Weis but for Damn sure Bobby Petrino has a lot of Bullshit to atone for and here’s to hoping that a Helluva lot of that atoning happens to Bobby Petrino in 2015 and if it does we will take Great Joy in lighting up Petrino’s Sorry Ass!
29. Charlie Partridge, Florida Atlantic – Over the years a number of Coaches Hot Seat members have gotten to Boca Raton, Florida for business or vacation and we have met a number of the folks that support FAU athletics which in reality didn’t really exist when we first started going to Boca Raton years ago and it was the opinion of many here at Coaches Hot Seat which we expressed to our Boca Raton friends that Mike Leach who is now at Washington State but then was living Key West would have been an ideal head football coach at FAU. Mike Leach of course took the Washington State job which although a nice head coaching job doesn’t really fit “The Pirate” very well and our thinking was that Mike Leach would do well at FAU and then take one of the bigger jobs in the state of Florida like Miami, USF or UCF after few years at FAU but alas Leach went to the Northwest and FAU hired Charlie Partridge who although a nice guy and good football coach hasn’t done a Helluva lot in Boca Raton while posting records of…
Overall: 3 – 12
CUSA: 2 – 6
….in two years on the job at FAU.
Now with an 0 – 3 start to the 2015 season with losses to Tulsa, Miami and Buffalo (who has a first year head coach) FAU and Partridge face the daunting task of finding 6 wins in their last 9 games to get bowl eligible with this remaining schedule:
At Charlotte Rice Marshall At UTEP FIU At Western Kentucky Middle Tennessee At Florida At Old Dominion
Sorry…we just don’t see FAU winning 6 games in 2015 but then Charlie Partridge could prove us wrong now couldn’t he?
Coach ‘Em Up Charlie and if you don’t…..You Got It….Hot Seat!
30. Jeff Monken, Army – We don’t not like putting the head coaches of the US Military service academies on the Hot Seat but Jeff Monken in his second year at Army after a nice four-year run as the head coach at Georgia Southern has forced our hand by starting the 2015 season out at 0 – 3 in three closes losses to three pretty decent football teams but losses nonetheless.
Yes…playing winning football is not easy at a place like West Point but we are expecting a lot out of Jeff Monken at Army and now at 0 – 3 on the season with these games remaining to be played….
At Eastern Michigan At Penn State Duke Bucknell At Rice At Air Force Tulane Rutgers Navy
….it’s not going to be easy getting to 6 wins for Army this season but then it wasn’t easy on the US Army at the Battle of the Bulge either was it?
There are just a few reasons why a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and by far the main reason a coach finds his ass on the Hot Seat is…
He did not win enough football games!
But…there are other reasons a college football head coach will end up on the Hot Seat and two of those reasons that we have had to account for in recent years have been…
1. A Head Coach like Charlie Weis who in our opinion did not give a Damn about coaching the Kansas football team in the proper way which also makes Charlie Weis a Sorry Excuse for a Human Being….with that being the opinion of EVERY American here at Coaches Hot Seat
2. Coaching like a Scared Coward which is how four SEC head coaches coached their teams on Saturday….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzhan, Auburn
….with three of the above COWARD COACHES now finding their precious and COWARDLY asses on the Hot Seat for their COWARDLY behavior because they lost their games and Auburn head coach Gus Malzhan now just one loss away from finding his ass on the Hot Seat with Auburn playing at LSU this coming Saturday! Besides coaching in a COWARDLY way which clearly in our opinion ALL FOUR of the above SEC head coaches did on Saturday what really pisses us off here at Coaches Hot Seat is when head coaches who have guaranteed contracts that will pay them Millions of Dollars whether they win or lose so they will never have to work a day the rest of their lives…
Still Coach like COWARDS!
It was just Shameful and a Disgrace to the American Republic forget about an embarrassment to the SEC that head coaches…
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Gus Malzahn, Auburn
….were on Saturday…just so Damn SHAMEFUL!
We will get more into the COWARDLY behavior of head coaches….
Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina
…in the Post Week 2 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings Analysis BUT is it just us here at Coaches Hot Seat or is everyone else thinking the same thing?
The Southeastern Conference reached its PEAK at the same time that Paul Finebaum was negotiating the contract for his book in New York City in the spring of 2013 for what eventually became this….
….and after the past two college football seasons and especially this past weekend has become what historians will mark as the Beginning of the End of the SEC? Of course, anyone that knows Paul Finebaum knows that Paul has a stellar record of latching onto public figures just before they are sent off to prison so Finebaum signaling the end of the SEC with his Idiotic book would not only be the MOST right thing in the world it would make a Helluva lot of sense also!
Let’s bring out the Man in Black to…
Give These Hot Seat Coaches Holy Hell Johnny Cash!
1. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State – Cyclones head coach Paul Rhoads is on a pretty bad run of late and the loss to Iowa over the weekend on Iowa State’s home field by a score of…
31 – 17
….didn’t help matters and just by comparison over Paul Rhoads last 26 games coaching ISU he has posted a record of….
6 – 20
…and the previous head coach at Iowa State Dan McCarney posted a record over his last 26 games at ISU of…
12 – 14
….and also by comparison puts the winning percentages of Rhoads and McCarney at…
.231 for Paul Rhoads in last 26 games at ISU
.462 for Dan McCarney in last 26 games at ISU
Sorry, but Paul Rhoads can be the nicest and hardest working guy in the world and by all accounts we have heard he is both BUT we caught some of the Iowa – Iowa State game on Saturday and to put it bluntly…..
Iowa State DOES NOT look like a very well coached football team right now…PERIOD.
Oh….up next for Iowa State…
At Toledo which just beat Arkansas in Fayetteville!
Good Luck with that Paul and here’s a tip…don’t complain this week like some kind of LOSER about Ohio State’s schedule when you have a team to get ready to play Toledo!
2. Mike London, Virginia – Mike London’s Virginia football team had Notre Dame right where they wanted the Irish on Saturday…
Up by a point with just a few minutes to play with the Irish starting QB out and a back-up QB in for Notre Dame that had hardly played at all in a meaningful live college football game
….and how exactly did Mike London’s Virginia team find a way to lose this time around?
By allowing that back-up QB that had next to no experience throw a ball to a receiver that was allowed to get behind a defensive back for some reason which ended up with a touchdown!
Geez…you really cannot make-up some of the stuff that has happened to Virginia football in recent years BUT this loss to Notre Dame takes the cake, the pie and every Damn dessert in the kitchen and with that loss London’s record at UVA dropped to…
Overall: 23 – 40
ACC: 11 – 29
…over the last six seasons which is bad from whatever direction one looks at those records.
Up next for Virginia…
William & Mary Boise State At Pitt
Our recommendation to Mike London = WIN all three of those games son!
3. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Oh, you thought it was a big deal that the Florida Gators beat New Mexico State 61 – 13 on Week 1?
Uhhhh….NOT….because Georgia State which had won ONE football game the last two seasons just beat New Mexico State on their home field!
This is Doug Martin’s third season as the head coach at New Mexico State and his record at NMSU now stands at:
Overall: 4 – 22
Enough said on the Hot Seat situation at NMSU!
4. Darrell Hazell, Purdue – Darrell Hazell and the Purdue Boilermakers got their first win of the 2015 season over Indiana State on Saturday which means about as much as a grizzly bear crapping in the woods of Yellowstone National Park meaning it means NOTHING AT ALL!
The 2015 college football season begins again for Darrell Hazell and the Boilermakers on Saturday with Virginia Tech coming to town and this is a game in our opinion that….
Purdue Should Win
….IF Purdue plays with the same intensity that they played with against Marshall in Week 1.
In the “Just By Comparison” department Darrell Hazell has now been the head coach at Purdue for 26 games and his win/loss record stands at…
5 – 21
….and the coach he replaced at Purdue who was fired and run out-of-town posted a record in his first 26 games at Purdue of….
10 – 16
….which should tell everyone that is paying attention why exactly Darrell Hazell is on the Hot Seat!
5. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt looked OK at times against Georgia on Saturday but in the end a loss to the Dawgs by a score of…
31 – 14
…..leaves Derek Mason’s win/loss record in his second season at Vandy now at….
3 – 11
…and let’s hope Mason’s record after this coming Saturday’s game against Austin Peay is…
4 – 11
….or Mason might not make it as head coach at Vandy to the Ole Miss game in Oxford on September 26!
Looking over the rest of Vanderbilt’s 2015 schedule…
Austin Peay At Ole Miss At Middle Tennessee At South Carolina Missouri At Houston At Florida Kentucky Texas A&M At Tennessee
….if Vandy improves just a little bit more as the season progresses MAYBE the Commodores can win…
4 Games in 2015
….which would be an improvement by ONE win over 2014 and would give Mason one more year in Nashville to get Vandy back to their “James Franklin-years” winning ways and with that Derek Mason now has his goal for 2015….
Coach ‘Em Up Derek!
6. Kevin Wilson, Indiana – Kevin Wilson and the Indiana Hoosiers beat Florida International on Saturday by the score of 36 – 22 and when one considers that FIU had won….
…the last three seasons combined Indiana beating FIU meant about as much as a wild pig finding an acorn in Alabama which means that win over FIU means NOTHING AT ALL!
Up next for Kevin Wilson and Indiana….a very tough Western Kentucky team that is very simply a…
CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson and the Hoosiers but especially a CANNOT LOSE game for Kevin Wilson!
7. Paul Petrino, Idaho – In Week 2 Paul Petrino’s Idaho team lost to USC in Los Angeles by a score of…
59 – 9
….and with that loss Petrino’s win/loss record at Idaho now stands at….
2 – 23
…..which is a winning percentage of…
….and the last Idaho head coach Robb Akey got fired at Idaho after posting a winning percentage of…
…over 6 seasons and thus why Paul Petrino is clearly on the Hot Seat!
Up next for Idaho….
OK…this should be a WIN for sure for Paul Petrino and the Vandals!
8. Ron Turner, Florida International – After seeing in person an average Stanford team made of balsa wood whip UCF on Saturday night we now understand how FIU beat UCF in Week 1 and thus it was no surprise to us that an average Indiana team beat FIU on Saturday.
FIU has won…
…in three seasons under Ron Turner and FIU should get its SEVENTH win under Ron Turner on Saturday when they play
….not that anyone here at Coaches Hot Seat has a Damn clue who in the Hell NC Central is!
We do know that Ron Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat whether Dave Wannstedt of Fox Sports thinks Turner’s ass is on the Hot Seat or not!
Memo to Dave Wannstedt: Ron Turner’s precious ass is on the Hot Seat and FIU beating UCF in Week 1 was No Damn Big Deal!
9. Butch Jones, Tennessee – The two Coaches Hot Seat members that traveled to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game saw the same thing that the other 100-plus Coaches Hot Seat members saw watching the Sooners – Vols game on TV and that was….
Tennessee head coach Butch Jones had the Sooners on the ropes for much of the game and if not for COACHING LIKE A COWARD and COACHING NOT TO LOSE the Vols could have delivered the knockout punch to Oklahoma many times in the game and when you COACH LIKE A COWARD your precious ass ends up on the Hot Seat and that is where Butch Jones finds his precious ass on this Monday morning!
Oh by the way….below are Butch Jones win/loss records at Tennessee which make a Helluva lot more sense now after seeing him COACH LIKE A COWARD in the Oklahoma game:
Overall: 13 – 14
SEC: 5 – 11
Sorry Butch Jones…we don’t give a Damn if you inherited a wreck of a football program from the combo of Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley because IF you are going to the head coach at Tennessee and a head coach in the SEC you first and most importantly must…
NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD!
As Coaches Hot Seat members discussed the outcome of the Oklahoma – Tennessee game on Saturday night after watching a day of college football and that Badass Madison Bumgarner almost throw a perfect game against the San Diego Padres two things were mentioned the most about Butch Jones’ coaching performance against Oklahoma:
1. Butch Jones COACHED LIKE A COWARD and in many ways COACHED SCARED against Oklahoma on Saturday
2. Butch Jones clearly DOES NOT trust his quarterback Joshua Dobbs because there were numerous instances in the first and second half of the game against the Sooners where Butch Jones and his new and OLD offensive coordinator could have unleashed Dobbs on OU and put the game out of reach of the Sooners BUT Butch Jones didn’t do that which brings to mind a quote from the Great Bill Walsh on quarterbacks that one of us heard Coach Walsh say a Helluva long time ago:
Bill Walsh: “If you don’t trust your quarterback to make plays and decisions on the field then you don’t have a quarterback and you don’t have a leader. A head coach must prepare his starting quarterback to the best of his ability and then trust his quarterback on gameday. To do anything but that would lead me to believe that a team either has the wrong head coach or wrong quarterback….or both. A head coach must trust his quarterback because that trust is fundamental to playing winning football.”
YES….we miss Coach Walsh and YES there are dozens of college football head coaches across America that DO NOT TRUST their quarterback and SHAME on them for that idiocy!
Sorry Butch Jones BUT it was YOU that cost the Tennessee Vols that game against Oklahoma because very simply Butch Jones you…
COACHED LIKE A COWARD….PERIOD.
Up next for Tennessee…
…which is a SURE win and then COWARD Butch Jones and the Vols play…
…and we would recommend that Butch Jones NOT COACH LIKE A COWARD against the Florida Gators because if the Vols lose to the Gators again….
Your ass Butch Jones and thus YOU will find yourself on the Face of the Sun!
10. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – A few Coaches Hot Seat members had been watching a tape of the Toledo – Arkansas game on Sunday and after watching things for awhile someone said check the box score on the game for Arkansas and after doing that what about these numbers for the Hogs offense?
Arkansas ran the ball 31 times for 103 yards
Arkansas threw the ball 53 times completing 32 for 412 yards
What in the Freaking Hell Bret Bielema?
So the working theory in Fayetteville must be that Arkansas can run the ball against SEC West teams but not a team from the MAC Conference? Is that right Bret Bielema who seemed in the last week very Damn concerned about Ohio State’s schedule and not the Hogs opponent which just whipped your team’s ass in Little Rock Bret and landed your ass back on the Hot Seat in the process!
YES…like Butch Jones…Bret Bielema COACHED LIKE A COWARD on Saturday but it was a different kind of COWARDICE that Bielema brought out against the Toledo Rockets….it was COWARDICE plus STUPIDITY because if Arkansas had not panicked and had just ran the ball down Toledo’s throat instead of throwing the ball all over the lot they could have won by two touchdowns but instead like in Knoxville and in Columbia…
COWARDLY behavior by the head coach won the day
….and with that COWARDICE the SEC now has FIVE head coaches on the Hot Seat….
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt Butch Jones, Tennessee Bret Bielema, Arkansas Steve Spurrier, South Carolina Les Miles, LSU
….and if the COWARDLY coaching continues at least three of the above head coaches will NOT be coaching their teams in 2016!
Memo to Bret Bielema: This week Bret focus on getting your football team ready to play against Texas Tech because in case you didn’t know it your win/loss records at Arkansas of…
Overall: 11 – 16
SEC: 2 – 14
….are NOT the records that should lead to a head coach popping-off about ANYTHING relative to other football teams around the country especially the Defending National Champions in Ohio State which BEAT Alabama in the Semi-Final Playoff Game in case you forgot Bret!
Oh….lose to Texas Tech Bielema and your ass will be like the Persian Gulf region the last time a dozen or so Coaches Hot Seat members were in it during the spring and summer of 1991 for Desert Storm which was….
We are introducing a new feature at Coaches Hot Seat for the 2015 football season and beyond…the….
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week “X”
…..and to introduce this feature we will use a song from the 1970s Super Band Steely Dan…
“They got a name for the winners in the world….I want a name when I lose…they call Alabama the Crimson Tide….call me Deacon Blues…Deacon Blues.”
Enjoy the GREAT Steely Dan singing Deacon Blues!
10 College Football Head Coaches That CANNOT LOSE In Week 2
1. Kevin Wilson, Indiana vs. FIU – After the close 1-point win over FCS team Southern Illinois in Week 1 there is just no way in Hell that Kevin Wilson’s Hoosiers can lose to FIU at home this week because a loss in this spot to a pitiful team from South Florida…
No…not the Miami Hurricanes
…would send Wilson’s ass into a part of the Universe that is Hotter than our Sun and last time we checked the Sun is pretty Damn HOT!
2. Paul Rhoads, Iowa State vs. Iowa – In Paul Rhoads last 25 games at Iowa State his Cyclones have posted the downright startling and depressing win/loss record of…
5 – 20
….and rightly so Paul Rhoads’ ass is now hotter than that coffee that some Idiot spilled on himself and sued McDonald’s about years ago and won BIG which we seem to recall was Pretty, Pretty Hot Coffee which means a loss in this spot to the Iowa Hawkeyes and fellow Hot Seat coach Kirk Ferentz would be nothing short of a…
Complete Freaking Disaster!
3. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa vs. Iowa State – Consider this in the Total Disaster that Iowa Football has become in recent years under the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz:
In Iowa’s last 40 games the $4 Million Dollar Per Year Man Kirk Ferentz has posted a win/loss record of…
20 – 20!
That’s right the University of Iowa….or rather the fans of Iowa Football and in many ways collectively college football fans across America that watch all of these college football games on TV have collectively paid Kirk Ferentz over the past four football seasons something on the order of….
$15 Million Dollars
….for 20 Stinking Wins which works out to the amazing number…
$750,000 Per Freaking Win!
Seriously…you CANNOT make this kind of stuff up and thus why Kirk Ferentz and his Iowa Hawkeyes CANNOT lose to Iowa State on Saturday because if they do the above number goes up to….
$800,000 Per Freaking Win!
Hell, if Kirk Ferentz keeps up this Mediocre Football at Iowa by the end of the 2015 college football season he could be getting paid something on the order of…
$1,000,000 Per Freaking Win!
…and that’s good money IF you can find people STUPID enough to pay that kind of money for MEDIOCRITY which Kirk Ferentz has found in the state of Iowa IN SPADES!
4. Charlie Strong, Texas vs. Rice – Anyone that has read the Coaches Hot Seat Blog over the past EIGHT college football seasons knows that we have some good fishing and hunting buddies in the Austin, Texas area who are Texas grads and love showing us “City Boys” what life is like in the Republic of Texas while hunting and fishing and every so often we haul those “Texas Boys” up to Montana to show them what life is like when you really go into backcountry where the trout are large and the grizzly bears will eat your ass if you are not careful!
Getting back to the subject at hand which is….
The Rolling and Raging On Fire Wagon Train
…that is now Texas football we asked our Austin fishing and hunting buddies what the temperature was down in Texas relative to Charlie Strong and Texas football and their replay was…
“Let’s just say that if Texas loses to Rice on Saturday night Charlie Strong’s house could be on the market and sold before the Horns play Cal the next Saturday!”
Uhhhhh….we would call that the temperature of some wings we used to eat at a chicken wing place in Jacksonville Beach, Florida when a few of us were serving in the US Navy that were the Hottest Damn Wings we have ever put in our mouths and the very simple one word name for those wings was:
This is very simple….Charlie Strong and Texas CANNOT lose to Rice on Saturday night…PERIOD.
5. Al Golden, Miami vs. FAU – If there is ONE coach in college football that knows he MUST produce in 2015 meaning win a Helluva lot of football games it is Miami’s head coach Al Golden and in Week 2 Golden and his Hurricanes play Florida Atlantic on Friday night and a loss in this spot with these SIX games up next…
Nebraska At Cincinnati At Florida State Virginia Tech At Clemson At Duke
…would be nothing short of a Complete Freaking Disaster and send Al Golden’s ass onto the face of an O Class Star which in case you didn’t know…
Is One Helluva Hot Place for your ass to be sitting on!
6. Les Miles, LSU vs. Mississippi State – We don’t have any fishing and hunting buddies in the state of Louisiana but we have heard that if LSU loses to Mississippi State on Saturday night that Les Miles will not be traveling back to Baton Rouge with the LSU football team but will instead be taken immediately to Cape Kennedy in Florida where several influential LSU boosters have arranged to have Les Miles and his ass launched on a NASA rocket to…
Calvera the closest neutron star to Earth which is approximately 250 to 1000 light-years from Earth
….which it will take The Mad Hatter several million years to reach and we have also heard that in order to really stick-it-to Les Miles during the entire trip to Calvera those LSU boosters have arranged it so Les Miles will be forced watch a continuous loop replay of the January 2011 BCS Title Game loss to Alabama which most agree was the…
Boringest College Football Game of All Time!
Memo to Les Miles: Don’t Lose to Mississippi State!
7. David Shaw, Stanford vs. UCF – A few Coaches Hot Seat members were on a conference call this week with a “non-athletic related contact” of ours on the Stanford campus who keeps his ears to the ground for us on The Farm since we have to work for a living and cannot hang around the Stanford Athletic Complex and whip the football team into shape which this Stanford football team needs desperately and our “non-athletic related contact” at Stanford said something very Damn interesting on our weekly conference call:
“If Stanford loses to UCF on Saturday there is a very good chance that Stanford doesn’t win 6 games this season because of how fragile and weak this team is and how tough the remaining schedule is.”
Hmmmm….this Stanford football team is “fragile and weak?”
Yep…that was our opinion of the Stanford football team we saw in August on The Farm although our term of…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…for this the 2015 Stanford football team seems to be a little more on the nose to us!
Let’s look at Stanford’s remaining games in 2015
UCF At USC At Oregon State Arizona UCLA Washington At Washington State At Colorado Oregon California Notre Dame
Yep…if Stanford cannot beat UCF which just lost to FIU on their home field then…
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Stanford gets close to 6 wins this season which would further validate what we have seen happen in recent years that has turned the once Very Damn Tough Stanford Football Program into the…
Balsa Wood Stanford Candy Asses
…that will fold-up like a cheap tent bought from Wal-Mart if even the slightest gust of wind hits the campground on The Farm in this case!
YES….UCF is a CANNOT lose game for Stanford head coach David Shaw but then when the cake has already been mixed and baked there isn’t a Helluva lot that one can do to that cake once it is sitting on the counter of the kitchen!
8. Mike Leach, Washington State vs. Rutgers – With Washington State about to look down the pipe of NINE Pac-12 Conference Games that will ALL be very difficult wins for the Cougars if there is a game that Mike Leach and his WSU football team needs to win it is this Saturday’s game against Rutgers because a loss in this spot to fall to 0 – 2 on the season and it will next to impossible for Washington State to get to 6 wins in 2015 and that would make…
Three Out of Four Losing Seasons for Mike Leach at Washington State
YES…beating Rutgers is CRITICAL for Mike Leach and the Cougs!
9. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma vs. Tennessee – There is no doubt in our minds that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops would like to get the Sooners back into the running for a National Championship before he is politely told that his services are no longer needed in Norman since being just a little better than average is eventually not going to cut it at OU even for Bob Stoops, BUT when you talk to people around Norman and we mean folks that have some insight….not total insight but some insight….into what is going on the feeling that used to pervade Oklahoma football under Stoops….
That Dammit We ARE Going To Win Big 12 Championships and National Titles or Die Trying
….just NO LONGER EXISTS in Norman and there in a nutshell is what is wrong with OU football.
We are always coming up with new ways to rank college football head coaches here at Coaches Hot Seat and one way we came up with this past Summer was the “Hungry Meter” meaning on a 1 to 10 scale how “Hungry” is EVERY college football head coach to win Games, Championships and National Titles either at his current school or a bigger school if a great job opportunity presented itself. We have been tossing around the idea of publishing our opinion on the “Hungry Level” for each college football head coach BUT it is such a subjective opinion based on admitted less-than-perfect information we have held it back….so far.…BUT we will tell you of what “Hungry Level” we have OU head coach Bob Stoops at on a 1 to 10 scale to win Games, Championships and a National Title with the Sooners which is of course just our opinion:
Bob Stoops was a “10” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2001 to 2008
Bob Stoops was a “9” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2009 to 2011
Bob Stoops was an “8” on the “Hungry Meter” from 2012 to 2014
Bob Stoops current rating on the “Hungry Meter” = 7.8
In our opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat ANY college football head coach who has a rating of less than “9.5” on the Coaches Hot Seat “Hungry Meter” in today’s incredibly Damn competitive college football landscape has NO DAMN CHANCE to win a Conference Championships and National Titles.
Two Coaches Hot Seat members will be traveling up from Atlanta to Knoxville on Saturday for the Oklahoma – Tennessee game and they will report back on what they see from Bob Stoops and the Sooners….and our guess is….OU loses to Tennessee and ends up with 7 or 8 wins on the season and Bob Stoops is DONE at Oklahoma come December either in reality meaning no longer the head coach at OU or just a coach going through the motions hauling down millions of dollars a year for “X” number of years into the future.
Just our opinion.
10. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame vs. Virginia – Of course both Brian Kelly and Virginia head coach Mike London BADLY need a win in this spot BUT this is a game that Brian Kelly CANNOT lose after the Week 1 crushing of the Hapless Texas Longhorns that are still the Texas Longhorns even though they are now Hapless with a Capital “H” under Charlie Strong! With Georgia Tech coming to South Bend a week from Saturday a loss in this spot will not only dash the hopes of Irish faithful all over the country but would set-up the biggest game of Brian Kelly’s career at Notre Dame because a loss to Virginia followed by a loss to the Yellow Jackets at home would more than likely be a irreversible stake into Kelly’s future unless the Irish ran the table the rest of the way and there CANNOT be a Human Being alive on the Earth that believes the Irish could pull that off!
Our guess….Notre Dame whips Virginia just as UCLA did in Week 1….BUT if the Irish flop-around and lose this game to the Cavaliers Brian Kelly might as well travel on down to Cape Kennedy and get on that rocket with Les Miles that is headed to the closest neutron star because South Bend will be a terrible place to be next week even if Kelly will have to watch along with Miles a continuous loop of the 2011 BCS Title Game between LSU and Alabama which thankfully for ALL college football games was So Damn Boring it gave us the College Football Playoff!
11. Paul Petrino, Idaho – Now in his third season at Idaho head coach Paul Petrino has posted a record of…
2 – 22
…which includes an opening 2015 season loss to Ohio by a score of 45 – 28.
YES…2 – 22 will land your ass on the Hot Seat and that is exactly where Paul Petrino is at and has been for years now!
12. Ron Turner, Florida International – We are not quite sure how FIU beat UCF in Orlando on Thursday…more on George O’Leary who is now on the Hot Seat due to the loss to FIU in a bit…but a win is a win and a win over UCF moves Ron Turner down the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings BUT if Turner is going to get off the Hot Seat for good he will need more than 4 wins in 2015 and HELL if you can beat UCF in Orlando you can beat a pitiful Indiana team in Bloomington this coming Saturday….right?
13. David Shaw, Stanford – Dozens of Coaches Hot Seat members were in the San Francisco Bay area and around Stanford University for work and various professional educational things in August so many of us were able to take-in and size-up the Stanford football August preseason camp and by the third week of August a consensus had been reached that we came very close to publishing in the Coaches Hot Seat Blog that we held back on because….WELL….maybe we were wrong and why send out alarms to Stanford’s first opponent Northwestern about potential problems with Stanford football so we kept our mouths shut.
After seeing in person and watching on TV the Stanford – Northwestern game this past Saturday we can now say….
WE WERE NOT WRONG!
….about the Complete Freaking Disaster that we were watching unfold in August on The Farm which has led to the…
Complete Freaking Disaster that is Stanford Football right now!
Let’s quickly summarize what several Coaches Hot Seat members saw in August with Stanford football by quoting a CHS Member on what he thought of the Cardinal’s August camp practices:
“If you held all of Stanford’s August football practices in a balsa wood house not only would the balsa wood house still be standing there would not be one dent in any of the balsa wood!”
What the Hell does the above mean exactly?
Stanford Football NO LONGER PLAYS FOOTBALL under head coach David Shaw but rather Shaw just holds pillow fights among the players so the…
Candy Ass Coaches and Candy Ass Players can act like they are football players when in FACT
….any random sorority football team from any university in the country could whip the Hell out of the….
Candy Ass Coaches and Candy Ass Players that call themselves Stanford Football!
On top of Stanford Football players being Candy Asses that are coached by Candy Asses did anyone else catch the Stanford offense against Northwestern?
Got there are Thousands of Pee Wee football teams across America that not only hit harder but are better coached and more sophisticated than the Stanford offense right now?
What a Complete Freaking Joke Stanford Football is right now and in our opinion the current state of Stanford Football goes straight to the head coach David Shaw who also in our opinion…
Wouldn’t know an honest day’s work if it hit him in the ass!
No David Shaw…sitting in your office listening to jazz music is NOT working IF you are the head coach of the Stanford football team which by the way you have turned into the…
Biggest Group of Candy Asses in the American Republic today!
Congratulations David Shaw you should be Mighty Damn Proud of Yourself because you are going to do the Next Too Damn Impossible….
Be handed a championship football program from Jim Harbaugh and less than three years later be now sitting on a record over your last 15 games of…
8 – 7
….and headed towards getting your precious jazz listening ass run right off The Farm!
Up next for the Candy Asses in Cardinal:
UCF this coming Saturday on The Farm which just lost to FIU at home!
Here’s a thought:
The Stanford football coaches and players should all get in their best Sunday dresses out and find some nice pillows from the nearby Macy’s at the Stanford Shopping Center for the UCF game and do what they best and love so very much in style…
Have a Pillow Fight!
Fear the Tree? No…not any longer on The Farm!
Fear the Pillows being swung by the Candy Ass Coaches and Players on the Stanford NOT A Football Team anymore!
14. Les Miles, LSU – Let’s give the award…
Thank God Almighty that those Idiots weren’t around during World War II
…to the LSU athletic department that could not find a way to move a game one day forward to Sunday after the McNeese State – LSU game was cancelled on Saturday which lots of…
Flunky Paper Pushers in the LSU Athletic Department
….couldn’t somehow do who no doubt would be selling apples on the local street corner if they weren’t working in athletics where morons can hang around forever whether they are actually good at their jobs or not who and couldn’t just say this simple Damn thing:
“Sorry Folks….the McNeese State – LSU game is cancelled…see everyone back here at Tiger Stadium tomorrow for a 5PM for kick-off.”
Would the above had meant that the McNeese State football team would have driven the 130 miles back to their campus in Lake Charles to spend the night and driven back to Baton Rouge on Sunday for the game?
YES….Big Freaking Deal!
Would the above have meant that LSU Athletics would have spent a few extra hundred thousand dollars in overtime for people working in and around Tiger Stadium?
YES…Big Freaking Deal!
Would the above have meant that LSU athletic administrators otherwise known as Precious Candy Ass Paper Pushers would have had to do some extra work over the weekend?
YES…Big Freaking Deal!
Bottom-Line: LSU Athletics is run by Complete Freaking Morons that cannot move a football game…..A Freaking Football Game…one day forward!
YES…it is true…there are Complete Freaking Morons in position of authority all over America right now and LSU Athletics is a prime example of that FACT!
Getting back to Les Miles the LSU Tigers now open the season at Mississippi State and if Les Miles’ football team loses that game…
Expect your ass to be the temperature in the Bayou on a HOT August Day Les Miles!
15. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech – PBK’s….Pretty Boy Kingsbury…football team at Texas Tech got a 59 – 45 win over FCS team Sam Houston in Week 1 which means about as much as a grain of sand being washed into the ocean and in Week 2 the Red Raiders play UTEP at home in a game that very simply…
PBK…Pretty Boy Kingsbury….CANNOT LOSE
….with Arkansas in Week 3.
Oh…Arkansas beat UTEP in Week 1 by the score of 48 – 13 so everyone here at Coaches Hot Seat will be watching this UTEP – Texas Tech game and score very closely!
Good Luck to you PBK!
16. Steve Sarkisian, USC – USC whipped an overmatched Arkansas State team in Week 1 and the Trojans play a very weak Idaho team in Week 2 and then USC gets…
The Balsa Wood Candy Ass Pillow Fight Boys of Stanford in Week 3
….so USC should EASILY be 3 – 0 when they head to play Arizona State in Tempe on September 26.
As for Steve Sarkisian and his recent “troubles” we can only say to Steve….
Focus on Family and Football Steve and keep the Focus there….PERIOD.
17. Larry Fedora, North Carolina – North Carolina looked better…especially the UNC defense under Gene Chizik…than the Tar Heels looked in 2014 BUT the OLD Ball Coach’s South Carolina team looked AVERAGE at best so was UNC’s performance against the Gamecocks something to be impressed with or just….whatever?
In our opinion….WHATEVER….because there are probably some high schools team in the South that could whip the South Carolina team that the OLD Ball Coach ran out onto the field in Charlotte!
Coming up for Larry Fedora and North Carolina:
NC A&T Illinois Delaware
Hell…North Carolina SHOULD be…
3 – 1
…when go to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech on October 3!
If not…Larry Fedora knows where he will be….no NOT on the beach with is shirt off wowing the ladies and looking for someone that will take a picture of him but rather….
On the FREAKING HOT SEAT!
18. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa – It’s not just the Iowa football team that is a Complete Freaking Disaster at the University of Iowa after reading about who Iowa just hired as the new president of the school….
“Less than 2 percent of the faculty thinks J. Bruce Harreld is qualified to be the University of Iowa’s next president; among the college community at large, it’s 2.6 percent. By contrast, more than 90 percent of respondents to a campus survey gave high ratings to the other three finalists.
Nonetheless, Harreld was named UI’s 21st president Thursday in a unanimous vote from the Iowa Board of Regents. In so doing, they chose a former business executive with no experience in university administration, whose resume lists as his present employer a company he has since acknowledged no longer exists.
Harreld has also admitted he’ll have a steep learning curve for the job, and that his “unusual background” will mean he’ll need a lot of teaching, coaching and mentoring from those who criticized him. It’s good he acknowledged that, and gracious to extend the olive branch. But considering he’ll earn $590,000, plus $200,000 annually in deferred compensation, on-the-job training shouldn’t be necessary.”
What in the Freaking Hell?
Of course, the Iowa regents hiring this Buffoon as the new University of Iowa president makes the school paying football coach Kirk Ferentz $4 Million Dollars a year make sense….well…NOTHING can make paying Kirk Ferentz all that money for mediocrity make sense which brings us to the…
$4 Million Dollar Man Kirk Ferentz
…who over the last five seasons while earning around $20 Million Dollars has posted records of…
Overall: 34 – 30
Big Ten: 19 – 21
…which is a good gig if you can’t be the president of the University of Iowa who it seems is NOT qualified for the job while hauling down almost $800K a year!
Anyone else starting to notice a pattern here at the University of Iowa and if so what does that pattern mean?
We don’t know the exact answer to that question but there are plenty of people here at Coaches Hot Seat that are NOT qualified for lots of jobs at the University of Iowa that make six-figures a year and if we can just get to the right person in Iowa no doubt we will be hired in a Helluva hurry…and kept around whether we FAIL at our jobs or not!
Who is dumber….the folks at LSU that can’t move a football game one day forward or the folks at Iowa that pay a football coach millions of dollars for mediocrity and just hired a president that in our opinion that doesn’t know his ass from the side of a barn when it comes to run a major state university?
…by Mike MacIntyre and the Colorado Buffs in 2015 and what in the Hell did the CU Buffs do in the first game against Hawaii?
The CU Buffs looked like Complete Freaking Buffoons at the opening of the game against the Warriors and it really looked like the head coach and coaching staff showed up at the first game on the sideline without coaching during August camp at all!
Geez….Mike MacIntyre…what in the Hell is going on in Boulder son?
Our recommendation for Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre: Get things fixed with your football team this week against UMass because if you lose that Week 3 game to Colorado State which has a first-year head coach in Mike Bobo the rest of the 2015 football season could turn into a Complete Freaking Disaster especially with the Oregon Ducks coming to town on October 3.
If Colorado somehow lost to UMass this Saturday in Boulder Mike MacIntyre and the entire CU coaching staff should be fired before they leave the field and a local high school staff should be hired to coach the rest of the season!
Memo to Mike MacIntyre: Get Off Your Ass Son!
20. Mike Leach, Washington State – Really Mike Leach?
Lose to Portland State in the home opening game in Pullman?
Really Mike Leach?
Your Football Team looked like SHIT on Saturday Mike Leach and since we know you can coach we can only draw ONE conclusion after that pitiful loss to Portland State:
Mike Leach just no longer gives a SHIT because his Washington State football team now plays like SHIT!
In Mike Leach’s last 15 football games at Washington State the Cougars are…
3 – 12
…and those 3 wins last season were over….
Portland State Utah Oregon State
Oh…Portland State and Oregon State had losing records last year so in the last 15 games Mike Leach has beaten…
1 Team with a winning record
…and anyone that recalls the Washington State – Utah game from last season knows it took a miracle for the Cougars to win that game!
What is going on at Washington State exactly with Mike Leach?
Well…it’s just our opinion…but Mike Leach was always a terrible fit for Pullman, Washington because look at where Mike Leach was living when he could live anywhere he wanted to live…
Key West, Florida
Still…Mike Leach won a lot of football games at Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas which isn’t Key West, Florida either so there really is no excuse for Mike Leach to be losing to Portland State in the first game of this third season at Washington State so then just what in the Hell is going on in Pullman?
We think we know BUT we are going to hold our tongue and watch and see IF…
Mike Leach and Washington State just flat out QUIT in 2015 after the opening season loss OR if they come back strong this week in a very tough game at Rutgers.
Your choice Mike Leach and Washington State BUT if Mike Leach does fail at Washington State he will be remembered as…
The Football Coach that got run out of Lubbock
The Football Coach that QUIT in Pullman
Great thing is Mike Leach will be able to determine how this story ends and if it ends badly whether we like Mike Leach or not if the current trend continues in Pullman we will light Mike Leach’s ass up!
Is everyone reading the Coaches Hot Seat Blog starting to understand that we are TOUGHEST on the people we expect the most from?
That’s way ALL alumni and fans should be….don’t accept anything less than…
…and you have a Helluva lot better chance of actually getting…
21 – 30 Post Week Hot Seat Coaches Analysis Coming Soon!