Week 8 of the College Football Season is now in the books and let’s bring out the Great Johnny Cash to speak some TRUTH to these Hot Seat Coaches!
Thank You Mr. Cash!
1. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – Before Joe Moorhead took the Penn State offensive coordinator job in 2016 he was the head coach at Fordham where Joe posted a record of >
38 – 13
That’s a pretty good record and in 2 years at Penn State as the OC the Nittany Lions posted a record of….
20 – 6
…which no doubt got him on the radar of the folks in Starkville, but we cannot help but wonder >
Did anyone at Mississippi State think something like….
This guy has spent his entire career in the Northeast and would he be good fit in Starkville?
Obviously not and from Day 1 Joe Moorhead has in our opinion looked like a fish out of H20 and a Yankee in the Deep South and Starkville, Mississippi is the Deep Deep South!
Now the folks that support Mississippi State football would be more than happy to support Ulysses S. Grant as their head football coach if he WON but with Moorhead now sitting on records of…
Overall: 11 – 9
SEC: 5 – 7
…things are getting very precarious for Fordham Joe and at 3 – 4 on the season and these games left…
At Texas A&M
…if Fordham Joe loses his next 2 games then….It’s Over…PERIOD!
2. Chad Morris, Arkansas – A number that you just shake your head and look at with Chad Morris is his overall record at SMU and Arkansas…
18 – 37
Geez….how in the Hell do you get the Arkansas job when your posted a record at SMU of 14 – 22 we will never know but the losing has continued in Fayetteville and now at 2 – 5 on the season and with these games left to play…
…that looks like MAYBE 3 or 4 wins for Arkansas in 2019 and can Chad Morris possibly survive that especially if he goes 0 – 16 in the SEC in his first two seasons?
No One Could Survive That….even Saban!
3. Willie Taggart, Florida State – Like Chad Morris we are not really sure how Willie Taggart got the FSU job since his overall record when hired by FSU stood at….
47 – 50
…and one would think that Florida State would be hiring the Best Damn Coach they could get and does someone with a career overall record of…
47 – 50
….sound like someone that is the Best Damn Coach that FSU could get?
If you said “Yes” to that question you are a Damn Moron!
FSU is now 3 – 4 on the season after the loss to Wake Forest and have left to play in 2019….
At Boston College
Syracuse looks Hardly Coached At All so that should be a win and Manny Diaz’s ass is now on the Hot Seat so who knows on that one and Addazio is on the Hot Seat so we have no clue on that one and Alabama State is a WIN but Florida….looks like a LOSS to us right now!
Can FSU even get to 6 wins in Taggart’s second season at FSU?
We rather doubt it and with that in mind folks in Tallahassee might want to start putting together the $17M+ to buyout Willie and chalk this one up as a lesson and for the next head coach you hire here’s a Pro Trip from the Real World >
Make Damn Sure he has at least a .500+ record you Damn Morons!
4. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Since many at Coaches Hot Seat grew-up in 1970s and were coached hard by our high school and college football coaches and then later went into US Navy and experienced Boot Camp and/or OCS we know what it is to be…
Coached Hard and Tough
….and we also know the difference between Coaching Hard and Tough and demeaning your players in public and it’s past time…way past time…for Jeremy Pruitt to…
Quit Demeaning His Tennessee Players in Public!
There’s a reason why the following Paul “Bear” Bryant quote is up on the wall at our ad agency….
“If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That’s all it takes to get people to win football games for you.”
..and that it is because a REAL LEADER Takes Responsibility When Things Go Wrong and Gives Credit When things Go Right and somewhere along the way growing up in Alabama and playing football at Alabama Jeremy Pruitt NEVER learned that Coach Bryant lesson and we wonder why…we really wonder why?
Whatever goes though Jeremy Pruitt’s head on a day-to-day basis we haven’t a clue you Are What You Are and Pruitt is now sitting on records of…
Overall: 7 – 12
SEC: 3 – 9
…..and the 2 – 5 Vols still have to play this season games against…
That looks like 4 or 5 wins to us in Jeremy Pruitt’s second year on the job and would be ONE less or SAME than in 2018 and going 4 – 8 or 5 – 7 in Year 2 really has to get the fans of Tennessee Football fired-up heading into 2020 as does that the Vols are now 23rd in the 2020 24/7 Team Recruiting Rankings behind…
You think 2020 is going to be any better for the Vols than 2019?
Why would you think that exactly?
5. Lovie Smith, Illinois – Congrats to Lovie Smith and Illinois for beating Wisconsin on Saturday and with that win Lovie’s record against FBS teams with .500 or better records in 4 seasons with the Illini moves to….wait for it…
2 – 25
…which really speaks to how much that Wisconsin was a…
Total No-Show Against Illinois
…and has anyone heard Paul Chryst raise his voice at all over how the Badgers played in that game which looked like about 50% effort to us?
No…Chryst is quieter than a mouse which is odd….So Damn Odd!
Lovie Smith’s record at Illinois now stand at…
Overall: 12 – 31
Big Ten: 5 – 26
…and the 3 – 4 Illini still have games against this season…
At Michigan State
Damn….Purdue has looked awful most of 2019 and Rutgers is a Total Joke and Michigan State is falling to pieces right now under Dantonio and Iowa…well Iowa should beat Illinois but who knows with Ferentz since Hawkeyes come out flat 3 or 4 games a year and then there is Northwestern which is basically Totally Un-Coached right now which means…
Illinois could win 2 or 3 more games!
Got Contract Extension for Lovie Smith if he gets to…wait for it…5 wins in his 4th year on the job?
6. Clay Helton, USC – It’s going to be fascinating to see what Clay Helton and the USC Trojans now sitting on a record of 4 – 3 do in these remaining games…
At Arizona State
…which looks like 2 or 3 more wins to us which Best Case Scenario =…
7 – 5
…in Clay Helton’s fourth full year at USC and now you know why Helton is about to get run out of Los Angeles where you don’t go 7 – 5 in your fourth year on the job at USC!
Interesting number is last 2 seasons Helton is sitting on overall record of….
9 – 10
….which is Bad….Very Damn Bad when you are at USC!
7. Chip Kelly, UCLA – UCLA had a bye in Week 8 after whipping hapless Stanford in a Thursday night game and now the 2 – 5 Bruins have left in 2019 to play…
What will UCLA’s final record be?
Our guess….4 – 8 or maybe 5 – 7 and either of those records might keep Chip Kelly employed in Westwood because UCLA Football has sunk to such a depth now just getting a few wins on the board = Winning!
We would love to see Chip Kelly get things rolling at UCLA and that means only one thing….beating Arizona State on Saturday because you gotta Roll before you Get Rolling!
8. Manny Diaz, Miami – Our expectations for Miami in this Age of Mediocre Expectations for Miami is 8 wins a season and if you are trending below that 8-win line then your ass will be headed to the Hot Seat and that’s where Manny Diaz finds himself with a 3 – 4 record now on the board with these games left to play…
At Florida State
At Florida International
Damn…..that looks like a 5 – 7 record at BEST to us and when you go 5 – 7 at Miami…
Welcome Your Ass to the Hot Seat Manny!
9. Will Muschamp, South Carolina – The Gamecocks played pretty well against Florida and got a few bogus calls go against them…one notable on a Florida touchdown…and with that loss USC is 3 – 4 on the season with these games left to play in 2019…
At Texas A&M
You gotta figure those last two games against Texas A&M and Clemson are losses so Muschamp gonna needs the next 3 games to be wins to get to a bowl game…wait for it…in his FOURTH year on the job!
Notable record of Muschamp’s that ain’t good…
14 – 15 now in SEC Conference Play!
Damn….don’t lose to Tennessee on Saturday Boom!
10. Kalani Sitake, BYU – BYU got a great win against Boise State at home on Saturday night to move to 3 – 4 on the season and that’s The Problem…that BYU is fighting just to get to a bowl game in Sitake’s FOURTH year on the job where he now sits on an overall record of…
23 – 23!
BYU still has games in 2019 against…
At Utah State
At San Diego State
Idaho State and UMass are wins so that’s 5 wins so a least 1 win against Utah State, Liberty, and San Diego State gonna be necessary for Sitake to keep his job but is 6 wins really now the standard for BYU Football?
NUTS we say to that but then we only been watching BYU Football for 40+ years!